Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter 18:37 - Jun 12 with 6164 viewsGeoffThom

I must be the only one who's just a little nervous about him,I really really hope he comes off ,but I've got this horrible nagging doubt 🤔I just can't look at the Swedish leauge with any confidence I mean it's Welsh league stuff, or am I wide of the mark .it's a shot in the dark
Potter on 21:46 - Jun 15 with 1548 viewsAl_Bundy

Potter on 20:09 - Jun 12 by ymaohyd

I could empathise with your view until i got to the comparison with the Welsh league!

this !

Comparing the Swedish and Welsh leagues shows he should worrying about a lot of things.
Potter on 23:04 - Jun 15 with 1459 viewsGeoffThom

Potter on 20:19 - Jun 15 by vetchonian

To the op what were your thoughts when Martinez with absolutely zero managerial experience was appointed? Or Brendan who had been a failure previously?
At least this guy has some experience of building a team and beating Arsenal....Whoever we take on is a risk but Potter does seem to have some credence and a good no2.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 20:39]

Well martinez had that something about him ,but what you must remember was at the time we didn't have a real thought of prem, our main ambitions was to build a better club and a more stable club and maybe aim for the championship ,gutted about the way he left also.as for Rogers me and just about everyone else went WHO and he flopped,but we also learnt that readi g weren't ready for tikka taka but we were already playing it so he shoes in perfectly.
Like I said I really hope this works but just have a worry, the Norwegian who bombed up the road was managing in a Scandinavian country and was touted for us before them bombed and has gone back and never heard of ,so maybe a lesson or a triumph who knows ,I will back him but if it goes pear shaped then he's in for pelters off the public?
Potter on 01:40 - Jun 16 with 1414 viewssnork44

Potter on 23:04 - Jun 15 by GeoffThom

Well martinez had that something about him ,but what you must remember was at the time we didn't have a real thought of prem, our main ambitions was to build a better club and a more stable club and maybe aim for the championship ,gutted about the way he left also.as for Rogers me and just about everyone else went WHO and he flopped,but we also learnt that readi g weren't ready for tikka taka but we were already playing it so he shoes in perfectly.
Like I said I really hope this works but just have a worry, the Norwegian who bombed up the road was managing in a Scandinavian country and was touted for us before them bombed and has gone back and never heard of ,so maybe a lesson or a triumph who knows ,I will back him but if it goes pear shaped then he's in for pelters off the public?

I know he is a gamble and I have some doubts, but no-one heard of Brendan Rodgers and lok what happend there. As I said before as person Jenkins is an absolute dork when it comes to choosing players, but when it comes to managers the guy cannot be faulted ! At least this guy is not a Brad Bobbly who wasn't a Jenkins appointment! So let's give Potter the benefit of doubt before we judge him as he has one hell of a job to turn this basket case of a club around.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Potter on 03:16 - Jun 16 with 1381 viewsphact0rri

I wouldn't say I'm nervous, but I'm skeptical that he's going to lift our club straight out of the gate. but like others have said. I'm not looking for drastic improvement. But if I see a manager who can get the players playing in a system thats fun to watch and doesn't lose every match. I will positivity that he can build us something that we can proceed for years to come.

I just want a manager to stick around for a few seasons and get us going in a forward momentum. No matter if we stick to the championship for a few seasons or we go straight back up isn't a huge pressing concern for me at the minute. just show improvement.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Potter on 06:41 - Jun 16 with 1353 viewsairedale

Potter on 03:16 - Jun 16 by phact0rri

I wouldn't say I'm nervous, but I'm skeptical that he's going to lift our club straight out of the gate. but like others have said. I'm not looking for drastic improvement. But if I see a manager who can get the players playing in a system thats fun to watch and doesn't lose every match. I will positivity that he can build us something that we can proceed for years to come.

I just want a manager to stick around for a few seasons and get us going in a forward momentum. No matter if we stick to the championship for a few seasons or we go straight back up isn't a huge pressing concern for me at the minute. just show improvement.

Init. Let’s get back to enjoying going down there again.
Potter on 06:52 - Jun 16 with 1346 viewsSwan91

I would rather risk it with a manager who looks like he plays a similar style to who we used to play during our Peak 'Swansealona" times and get him to settle the club, sign the best players for the system and work our way back into the PL with the hope of long term success rather than sign a manager who knows the Championship and would get us promoted straight away in the first season but players awful football (like Warnock etc).

sure we would be in the PL, but long term it would not make it better for us as we would still have players who don't fit the system, we would still have players on high wages and still play boring/bad football which will most likely cause us to get relegated again.

The championship is the best place to reorganise our football philosophy, sell players and bring in players who can do well in the system with lower wages than the PL.
Potter on 06:58 - Jun 16 with 1343 viewsCaptain_Sham

What Is there to be nervous about. We just got fking relegated from the biggest league in the world. Like saying your worried you wife is cheating on you three weeks after she moved her new boyfriend into your house.

Its just a ride.

Potter on 07:00 - Jun 16 with 1341 viewsicecoldjack

The Swedish league is far better than what Ole gunner was dealing with in the Norwegian league, also add in that Ole had all the best players and was managing a team that had pretty much an unlimited budget with one of Norways wealthiest men bankrolling them, i called his failiure at cardiff on here at the time as it was clear Ole would have neither the best players nor the biggest budget to buy his way to finish in a desired position, it was a no brainer if you knew anything about Norwegian football, he was always doomed to fail at the scum.

Potter is slightly different for me, he has planned and been a creative coach and managed on a far tighter budget, meaning he has needed to be resourceful and creative. I don't think Potter will be a total disaster but i do think if our players don't buy into him 100% then there will be problems.

A lot will come down to how much dead wood we can shift out, IMO it's important to get rid of losing mentality players straight away as potter is a very positive minded coach who could get bogged down with negative premadonna attitudes.

Overall i think it's a decent appointment, if he can get his team to play good football again and we finish mid table it will be a success,i suspect the full weight of relegation is yet to hit the playing staff fully, dealing with the fall out and bruised ego's will be potters hardest job, the best way is to cut as many loose as we can and start with fresh minds on the playing staff, this will be the hard part.
Login to get fewer ads

Potter on 07:29 - Jun 16 with 1310 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Potter on 07:52 - Jun 13 by Fireboy2

I have confidence in him

But the nagging doubt is that we have huw in charge of the purse and the yanks potentially asset stripping us

We will know how its likely to pan out in the 1st week in august

This is what I feel. We will know quite quickly what backing he gets.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Potter on 07:56 - Jun 16 with 1282 viewstrampie

Championship team Leeds have signed Bielsa as their manager, championship Swansea get somebody that has spent time in the Swedish lower leagues called Potter, Leeds odds have been cut in half since the announcement of Bielsa to win the championship title from around about 20-1 to 10-1.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Potter on 08:01 - Jun 16 with 1276 viewsWhiterockin

Potter on 07:56 - Jun 16 by trampie

Championship team Leeds have signed Bielsa as their manager, championship Swansea get somebody that has spent time in the Swedish lower leagues called Potter, Leeds odds have been cut in half since the announcement of Bielsa to win the championship title from around about 20-1 to 10-1.

Whats the odds on Bielsa being the first Championship manager to be sacked.
Potter on 08:08 - Jun 16 with 1260 viewsderijack

Bielsa is more likely to resign than be sacked. He doesn’t take any shit it would appear..

Regarding Potter, I am optimistic purely because I wasn’t when Martinez and Rodgers took over and look what happened. I have a similar feeling about Potter so fingers crossed history repeats itself.

Potter on 08:19 - Jun 16 with 1232 viewsSwan91

His last 3 appointments ended up in conflicts with players and management and quitting without hesitation

Lazio - 2 Days
Lille - ended up sacked after telling 11 players he wanted young players and that they should find a new club. got suspended after 13 games with the club.

He is a great manager don't get me wrong, he has also become Leeds' most expensive manager in their club history. it can be a very expensive risk for them if he does something like in the past.

you can word it anyway to fit your message.. like for instance I can say this:

"Leeds have signed a manager who has dramatically left his last 2 clubs and got sued by one. and championship team Swansea have signed someone who has shown stability and loyalty to a club bringing them from bottom to top also having probably one of the most succesful Champions league campaigns for such a small team playing great styling football against some of europes big teams."
Potter on 08:38 - Jun 16 with 1213 viewsPrivate_Partz

I am amazed they hooked him to be honest.
You would expect him to be sacked as there are a few basket cases at that club.
On the other hand Belisa comes with the whole package. You pay up front and he runs the show so the meddlers above him have probably agreed to keep their paws out.
This is the type of manager we should have gone for. In the championship it would be more difficult but a continental coach with contacts throughout the leagues could have been a realistic option.
I worry that Potter lacks experience and the pulling power to bring players Also the Jenkins meddling factor.
For me he is another Huw gamble on the cheap again as he continues to try to prove his virtually shattered reputation to the Yanks.
If us and Leeds were chasing the same player who do you think they would choose? You could argue Leeds as they are a bigger club. If the managerial appointments were reversed however then we would be the more attractive proposition....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Potter on 08:47 - Jun 16 with 1192 viewsKilkennyjack

Huw is the worry still.

Potter clearly wants to build an honest, hard working, supportive, challenging, professional environment like in Sweden ...

Huw ? ....Huw ?

Beware of the Risen People

Potter on 08:57 - Jun 16 with 1178 viewsGowerjack

Potter on 08:38 - Jun 16 by Private_Partz

I am amazed they hooked him to be honest.
You would expect him to be sacked as there are a few basket cases at that club.
On the other hand Belisa comes with the whole package. You pay up front and he runs the show so the meddlers above him have probably agreed to keep their paws out.
This is the type of manager we should have gone for. In the championship it would be more difficult but a continental coach with contacts throughout the leagues could have been a realistic option.
I worry that Potter lacks experience and the pulling power to bring players Also the Jenkins meddling factor.
For me he is another Huw gamble on the cheap again as he continues to try to prove his virtually shattered reputation to the Yanks.
If us and Leeds were chasing the same player who do you think they would choose? You could argue Leeds as they are a bigger club. If the managerial appointments were reversed however then we would be the more attractive proposition....

"Virtually shattered reputation "...

More like completely and utterly fûcked reputation.

Any other chief executive who presided over a company that suffered a loss of turnover from £120 million to £5 million would have been sacked immediately.

I'll say it again our football club will not ever thrive as long as that venal cûnt is still around.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024