Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. 21:43 - Jun 12 with 11429 viewsmagicdaps10

According to Sky.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 21:45 - Jun 12 with 4250 viewsBadlands

Why would he want to be involved in another relegation battle and no chance of silverware or European football?
Money must be good.

Nordfeldt our number 1?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 21:47 - Jun 12 with 4219 viewsJonathans_coat

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 21:45 - Jun 12 by Badlands

Why would he want to be involved in another relegation battle and no chance of silverware or European football?
Money must be good.

Nordfeldt our number 1?

Reported around £50k a week, or about double what he was on here!
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 21:47 - Jun 12 with 4213 viewsdobjack2

Money must be good.

Nordfeldt our number 1?

Fabianski was always going to go and the money used elsewhere.

As for Nordfeldt time will tell what his plans and our plans are.
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 21:54 - Jun 12 with 4160 viewsmagicdaps10

As stated, was always going to be off.

Good solid premier league keeper, think we will be ok with Nordfellt and Mulder. We need to sell before we buy so hopefully we can push on with getting players in.

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 21:55 - Jun 12 with 4147 viewsNeath_Jack

F*ck him and his crocodile tears.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 21:58 - Jun 12 with 4114 viewsDr_Winston

West Ham about his level. He's never going to usurp one of the top, top keepers so he might as well go there. £7m not a bad price either.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 22:01 - Jun 12 with 4089 viewsmagicdaps10

Would probably do a job as 2ndchoice with one of the top 6/7 but agreed that WHU is about his level.

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 22:02 - Jun 12 with 4070 viewsPozuelosSideys

Selling all these players for millions, we are gonna be rich, rich beyond our wildest dreams!

Then the Board decide to make little of it available for squad strengthening and pay themselves dividends instead.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 22:04 - Jun 12 with 4043 viewspencoedjack

Money must be good.

Nordfeldt our number 1?

West Ham won’t be close to relegation next season

Decent manager will make a hell of a difference
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 22:08 - Jun 12 with 4003 viewsLeonWasGod

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 21:55 - Jun 12 by Neath_Jack

F*ck him and his crocodile tears.

I think that was genuine because he knew he’d be off and genuinely enjoyed his time here, and his lifestyle in Southgate no doubt. What pisses me off more is that he’s not prepared to put heart before agent. It’s not an obvious ‘sensible’ decision as he’s financially secure now for life (or should be given his wage).

Just once wouldn’t it be nice to see one of them appreciate what they have here. Ocassionally someone does (Leon coming back springs to mind), but it doesn’t happen often. Most are ruled by their accountants/agents when they’re slready sorted. That’s probably fine, but I’m not money motivated so is alien to my way of thinking. There’s more to life than money (it’s bottom of the list of priorities unless you don’t have enough to eat and keep dry and warm).
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 22:20 - Jun 12 with 3901 viewsSwanjaxs

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 22:08 - Jun 12 by LeonWasGod

I think that was genuine because he knew he’d be off and genuinely enjoyed his time here, and his lifestyle in Southgate no doubt. What pisses me off more is that he’s not prepared to put heart before agent. It’s not an obvious ‘sensible’ decision as he’s financially secure now for life (or should be given his wage).

Just once wouldn’t it be nice to see one of them appreciate what they have here. Ocassionally someone does (Leon coming back springs to mind), but it doesn’t happen often. Most are ruled by their accountants/agents when they’re slready sorted. That’s probably fine, but I’m not money motivated so is alien to my way of thinking. There’s more to life than money (it’s bottom of the list of priorities unless you don’t have enough to eat and keep dry and warm).

His thinking most probably is determined by his age, 33 year old and still just about Poland's first choice and needs to be playing at the highest level before his body clock takes over, anyways good luck to him

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 22:22 - Jun 12 with 3877 viewsLeonWasGod

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 22:20 - Jun 12 by Swanjaxs

His thinking most probably is determined by his age, 33 year old and still just about Poland's first choice and needs to be playing at the highest level before his body clock takes over, anyways good luck to him

Maybe. But next WC In 4 yrs, Euros in 2 yrs. He could get us promoted and have another year in the PL before the Euro squads are decided. Wishful thinking maybe!
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 22:30 - Jun 12 with 3819 viewsdobjack2

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 22:22 - Jun 12 by LeonWasGod

Maybe. But next WC In 4 yrs, Euros in 2 yrs. He could get us promoted and have another year in the PL before the Euro squads are decided. Wishful thinking maybe!

Money making move to West Ham: would be a mug to stay here unless we offered him an improved contract which we were not going to do.
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 22:50 - Jun 12 with 3732 viewsmax936

Best of luck to him I say, he did well for us so I've no ill feeling towards him, pity he's going to West Ham though not fussed on those feckers.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 22:58 - Jun 12 with 3685 viewsjasper_T

If we hadn't put a load of sht in front of him for the last couple of seasons he might've been more willing to stay. He might have enjoyed living here but he can't have had much fun on the pitch.

He's Premier League quality and belongs in that league (or equivalent) unlike everyone else here.
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 23:02 - Jun 12 with 3663 viewsmajorraglan

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 22:20 - Jun 12 by Swanjaxs

Downed arrowed by mistake. Apologies.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 23:03]
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 23:03 - Jun 12 with 3656 viewsLeonWasGod

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 22:30 - Jun 12 by dobjack2

Money making move to West Ham: would be a mug to stay here unless we offered him an improved contract which we were not going to do.

I understand that's how it works normally, but my point is that he's earnt enough to not need to worry about a bigger salary. Unless pushed by his agent or convention.

I'm being far too idealistic - ignore me!
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 23:14 - Jun 12 with 3613 viewsdobjack2

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 23:03 - Jun 12 by LeonWasGod

I understand that's how it works normally, but my point is that he's earnt enough to not need to worry about a bigger salary. Unless pushed by his agent or convention.

I'm being far too idealistic - ignore me!

Football is mercenary both clubs and players. There is rarely any loyalty by either.

The money on offer for clubs, players and agents killed the old ideals.
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 23:16 - Jun 12 with 3606 viewsmajorraglan

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 22:04 - Jun 12 by pencoedjack

West Ham won’t be close to relegation next season

Decent manager will make a hell of a difference

Agreed. I think they will be looking to break in to the top 10, maybe 7th or 8th next year. Good manager, their average crowd is 57,000 and they pay a very modest rent for the stadium. Kerching!

I don’t blame Fabianski one bit. If he’s got a chance to double his wages to allegedly £50k per week which equates to £2.5m pa or £10m over 4 years. That will set him up for life.

Some have mentioned commitment staying on etc, maybe the powers that be want him gone to generate additional revenue. Would the club show him the loyalty that some on here expect him to show the club?

He played well last year and the clubs relegation wasn’t his fault. After his efforts last year, he should be wished Bon Voyage and, if ever he returns deserves a warm welcome from the fans.

He did his best and the fans should recongnisr that.
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 23:18 - Jun 12 with 3591 viewsLeonWasGod

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 23:14 - Jun 12 by dobjack2

Football is mercenary both clubs and players. There is rarely any loyalty by either.

The money on offer for clubs, players and agents killed the old ideals.

I know. Sad isn't it
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 23:35 - Jun 12 with 3534 viewsjasper_T

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 23:16 - Jun 12 by majorraglan

Agreed. I think they will be looking to break in to the top 10, maybe 7th or 8th next year. Good manager, their average crowd is 57,000 and they pay a very modest rent for the stadium. Kerching!

I don’t blame Fabianski one bit. If he’s got a chance to double his wages to allegedly £50k per week which equates to £2.5m pa or £10m over 4 years. That will set him up for life.

Some have mentioned commitment staying on etc, maybe the powers that be want him gone to generate additional revenue. Would the club show him the loyalty that some on here expect him to show the club?

He played well last year and the clubs relegation wasn’t his fault. After his efforts last year, he should be wished Bon Voyage and, if ever he returns deserves a warm welcome from the fans.

He did his best and the fans should recongnisr that.

West Ham are throwing a lot of taxpayer money around but they're still run by clowns, there's no telling where they'll end up.
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 00:23 - Jun 13 with 3411 viewsTheKirkyLife

Don't begrudge him the move at all and glad we're holding out for £7 million if reporting is accurate.

Actually, with him and Mawson supposedly off for a combined £27 million I'd like to think of it as Mawson going for £15 million and Fab £12 million. Much more accurate valuation.
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 01:51 - Jun 13 with 3335 viewshobo

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 00:23 - Jun 13 by TheKirkyLife

Don't begrudge him the move at all and glad we're holding out for £7 million if reporting is accurate.

Actually, with him and Mawson supposedly off for a combined £27 million I'd like to think of it as Mawson going for £15 million and Fab £12 million. Much more accurate valuation.

How can you value Mawson at £3m more than Fabianski?!

£35m for Mawson, £7m for Fabianski. Job done, best of luck to you both
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 01:59 - Jun 13 with 3321 viewsomarjack

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 01:51 - Jun 13 by hobo

How can you value Mawson at £3m more than Fabianski?!

£35m for Mawson, £7m for Fabianski. Job done, best of luck to you both

It's looking like 7 m for Fabianski. 20 m for Mawson.

Good fee for Fabianski..But we're being taken for mugs when it comes to Mawson..we shouldn't consider selling for less than 27 m for him alone imo. (totalling 34 m for both deals)

But your 35 m valuation. It's not happening.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 2:20]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 03:08 - Jun 13 with 3285 viewshobo

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 01:59 - Jun 13 by omarjack

It's looking like 7 m for Fabianski. 20 m for Mawson.

Good fee for Fabianski..But we're being taken for mugs when it comes to Mawson..we shouldn't consider selling for less than 27 m for him alone imo. (totalling 34 m for both deals)

But your 35 m valuation. It's not happening.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 2:20]

The only thing stopping us getting more is our incompetence.

Let's compare - Middlesbrough are valuing Ben Gibson at £25m amid interest from Everton. He's had one PL season, and performed well tbf. Had 1 callup to the English squad in 2017, but no caps and no callup since then.

Newcastle want £45m for Jamaal Lascelles (which Everton are refusing to pay). Last season was his first full PL season. He also played most of the 2nd half of the 2015/16 PL season. No England callups to date

Sir Alfred Mawson - 2 full seasons of PL football. Called up to the England squad for games vs Holland and Italy in March, without getting on the field. An excellent goalscoring record for a defender. All 3 players are of similar age, but our Mawson is the youngest.

The ball is in our court. He'd be on a relatively small wage so we are not desperate to sell. Like I say, £35m is our price. West Ham, Tottenham, Everton etc, it's over to you....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024