Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. 21:43 - Jun 12 with 11427 viewsmagicdaps10

According to Sky.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 05:56 - Jun 13 with 3343 viewsSTID2017

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 22:08 - Jun 12 by LeonWasGod

I think that was genuine because he knew he’d be off and genuinely enjoyed his time here, and his lifestyle in Southgate no doubt. What pisses me off more is that he’s not prepared to put heart before agent. It’s not an obvious ‘sensible’ decision as he’s financially secure now for life (or should be given his wage).

Just once wouldn’t it be nice to see one of them appreciate what they have here. Ocassionally someone does (Leon coming back springs to mind), but it doesn’t happen often. Most are ruled by their accountants/agents when they’re slready sorted. That’s probably fine, but I’m not money motivated so is alien to my way of thinking. There’s more to life than money (it’s bottom of the list of priorities unless you don’t have enough to eat and keep dry and warm).

With respects to Leon coming back, if Sheffield Utd had been a better fit for him, he wouldn't have returned.
Even my hero Curtis, who is the only player I have seen in the last fifty years who is truly Swansea through and through, left a couple of times.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 12:09 - Jun 13 with 3099 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 03:08 - Jun 13 by hobo

The only thing stopping us getting more is our incompetence.

Let's compare - Middlesbrough are valuing Ben Gibson at £25m amid interest from Everton. He's had one PL season, and performed well tbf. Had 1 callup to the English squad in 2017, but no caps and no callup since then.

Newcastle want £45m for Jamaal Lascelles (which Everton are refusing to pay). Last season was his first full PL season. He also played most of the 2nd half of the 2015/16 PL season. No England callups to date

Sir Alfred Mawson - 2 full seasons of PL football. Called up to the England squad for games vs Holland and Italy in March, without getting on the field. An excellent goalscoring record for a defender. All 3 players are of similar age, but our Mawson is the youngest.

The ball is in our court. He'd be on a relatively small wage so we are not desperate to sell. Like I say, £35m is our price. West Ham, Tottenham, Everton etc, it's over to you....

I don't remember Lascelles making monumental mistakes every other game whilst not appearing to learn from previous mistakes. Perhaps he did, I don't know.

Mawson however certainly made mistakes every other game, a variety of mistakes as well, and generally looks woeful at times.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 11:15 - Jun 18 with 2881 viewsomarjack

Fabianksi talked to some Polish news outlet:

He told the Polish outlet: "Let's wait for a while, but I will not lie, there is something in it. My club matters are working on things right now, but I do not know when everything will be clear. I am waiting patiently."

A departure would bring an end to a four-year stay in South Wales for Fabianski, who was also keen to pay tribute to the Swans for helping him get his career back on track after coming in for heavy criticism during his spell at Arsenal.

"If I leave, I will regret that it happened at the moment when we fell from the league," he added.

"I spent beautiful moments there. I remember that the club helped me in a bad time when I had health problems and I wasn't really playing at Arsenal.

"I was trusted and I met many great people in the city, I have a beautiful home there, in which I raised my son. The memories will last a lifetime."

He's gone, Some reports have even claimed he's already done his West Ham medical,deal to be finalised after he's back from the World Cup. a fee of 7 m.

Good luck Fab. Although,you could have done much better than those Londoner scum.

Your compatriot Szczesny have had all the luck in his career even though you've always been the better Pole. He's the one who constantly started for Poland,started for Arsenal, sealed a top move to Juventus. All the while you languished in a survival battle after another, Being a top player who's saved our @sses countless times. You're the one who deserved to succeed Buffon at Juventus. What a shame none of those top clubs will ever realise what they've missed.

Trzymaj siÄ™

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 13:01 - Jun 18 with 2762 viewsProfessor

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 11:15 - Jun 18 by omarjack

He told the Polish outlet: "Let's wait for a while, but I will not lie, there is something in it. My club matters are working on things right now, but I do not know when everything will be clear. I am waiting patiently."

A departure would bring an end to a four-year stay in South Wales for Fabianski, who was also keen to pay tribute to the Swans for helping him get his career back on track after coming in for heavy criticism during his spell at Arsenal.

"If I leave, I will regret that it happened at the moment when we fell from the league," he added.

"I spent beautiful moments there. I remember that the club helped me in a bad time when I had health problems and I wasn't really playing at Arsenal.

"I was trusted and I met many great people in the city, I have a beautiful home there, in which I raised my son. The memories will last a lifetime."

He's gone, Some reports have even claimed he's already done his West Ham medical,deal to be finalised after he's back from the World Cup. a fee of 7 m.

Good luck Fab. Although,you could have done much better than those Londoner scum.

Your compatriot Szczesny have had all the luck in his career even though you've always been the better Pole. He's the one who constantly started for Poland,started for Arsenal, sealed a top move to Juventus. All the while you languished in a survival battle after another, Being a top player who's saved our @sses countless times. You're the one who deserved to succeed Buffon at Juventus. What a shame none of those top clubs will ever realise what they've missed.

Trzymaj siÄ™

Great post.

7m would be good for us and Lucasz
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 18:53 - Jun 18 with 2554 viewsmax936

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 13:01 - Jun 18 by Professor

Great post.

7m would be good for us and Lucasz

7mil is far better than the rumoured 4 mill.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 18:59 - Jun 18 with 2533 viewsyescomeon

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 11:15 - Jun 18 by omarjack

Trzymaj siÄ™

Top post. Sentiments seconded.

Upthecity!

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 19:36 - Jun 18 with 2495 viewsmax936

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 12:09 - Jun 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't remember Lascelles making monumental mistakes every other game whilst not appearing to learn from previous mistakes. Perhaps he did, I don't know.

Mawson however certainly made mistakes every other game, a variety of mistakes as well, and generally looks woeful at times.

Dwighty, I don't think I've ever seen a post from you offering praise to any of our players.

Mawson has been as good for us as we've been for him, yes he's made a few mistakes but he's been excellent overall.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 20:00 - Jun 18 with 2462 viewsnantywatcher

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 12:09 - Jun 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

As utterly clueless as ever (have you ever been to a football match in your life?)
Login to get fewer ads

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 16:30 - Jun 19 with 2257 viewsOptimisticJack

Fabianski not selected today. However agreeing a fee prior to the World Cup starting could be a mistake. His value will not decrease but on the other hand it could increase significantly.

Optimisticjack

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 16:41 - Jun 19 with 2221 viewsgrabsplatter

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 16:30 - Jun 19 by OptimisticJack

Fabianski not selected today. However agreeing a fee prior to the World Cup starting could be a mistake. His value will not decrease but on the other hand it could increase significantly.

Unlikely because he's second choice for Poland
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 16:45 - Jun 19 with 2200 viewsOptimisticJack

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 16:41 - Jun 19 by grabsplatter

Unlikely because he's second choice for Poland

That can change at any time by way of poor form, suspension, injury or illness.

Optimisticjack

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 16:57 - Jun 19 with 2160 viewsgrabsplatter

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 16:45 - Jun 19 by OptimisticJack

That can change at any time by way of poor form, suspension, injury or illness.

Possible but as I said, unlikely!
If the Poles don't get their act together quickly they'll only be playing 2 more games.
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 17:07 - Jun 19 with 2119 viewsthornabyswan

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 16:57 - Jun 19 by grabsplatter

Possible but as I said, unlikely!
If the Poles don't get their act together quickly they'll only be playing 2 more games.

Season starts in 6 weeks we need to start moving a few out to get a few in.
7 million is fair price and unlikely it will increase whilst he is Sat on the bench.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 17:22 - Jun 19 with 2087 viewsjasper_T

He'll be playing the next one after that howler.
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 17:51 - Jun 19 with 2025 viewsgrabsplatter

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 17:07 - Jun 19 by thornabyswan

Season starts in 6 weeks we need to start moving a few out to get a few in.
7 million is fair price and unlikely it will increase whilst he is Sat on the bench.

Agreed, we need to get it done
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 19:22 - Jun 19 with 1905 viewsSwansea93

Being announced in 24hrs apparently.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 19:28 - Jun 19 with 1888 viewsforkbeard

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 19:22 - Jun 19 by Swansea93

Being announced in 24hrs apparently.

Allegedly would have been done today if not for the poland game
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 10:02 - Jun 20 with 1713 viewsLeonWasGod

Gone
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 10:03 - Jun 20 with 1709 viewsLeonWasGod

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 10:12 - Jun 20 with 1658 viewsDarran

Fuçk him and his crocodile tears.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 10:12 - Jun 20 with 1654 viewsSwanjaxs

Pity it was to Wet Spam, not going to wish him good luck, he could easily have stayed but chose not to

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 10:13 - Jun 20 with 1649 viewsherbie

An honest and genuine player gone. He will be sadly missed.
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 10:13 - Jun 20 with 1647 viewshobo

Looks like the fee is £7m. He's been fantastic for us but that's a very good deal
Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 10:15 - Jun 20 with 1630 viewsSwansea93

Get Ward in or stick with Nordfeldt?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 10:16 - Jun 20 with 1626 viewsLeonWasGod

Fab to WHU, advanced stages. on 10:12 - Jun 20 by Swanjaxs

Pity it was to Wet Spam, not going to wish him good luck, he could easily have stayed but chose not to

I'd like to think that's the case, but who knows how much we actually wanted his wages off the books. We've a massive wage bill compared to our revenue. Probably can't afford to hang on to many on PL wages. I'm guessing though, obviously.

edit - sorry, reason for actually replying to your post was to say yes, pity it's WH. Horrible club and fans, can't stand them.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 10:17]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024