Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players coming in 14:47 - Jun 13 with 4085 viewsBenJ94

So now that GP is finally here, who would you like to see us bring in?
Players coming in on 13:13 - Jun 14 with 655 viewsjasper_T

Players coming in on 12:59 - Jun 14 by KGriz16

Who's mentioning the majority owners here? I didn't? Nor did Omarjack.
I don't think you've understood what I've been saying or trying to say at all.
What players could people on this forum have told Huw they weren't good enough? I couldn't tell you or Huw Mesa or Borja were going to 'fail', or that they weren't good enough?
I just wanted to debate with Omarjack his point about wanting the Swans to spend more money to mimic Watford etc. I don't agree with it, when do you stop spending big? Who do you throw the money at? It's easy, very easy now looking back to say who failed and who didn't. I'm pretty sure if Bony's season went different or if Borja scored 18 goals we'd all be saying different, every, if not most, transfers are a gamble.

You've also stated nothing wrong with money we've spent, what if no one wants to buy what we've bought and we're stuck with unmanageable wages?
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 13:00]

The Americans trying to do things on the cheap is a popular conspiracy theory here. Reality doesn't back it up. We spent what the club had available.

I'd imagine everyone here could have told Huw that buying an ageing, injury-ravaged Bony on massive money was a terrible idea. Bringing back Andre Ayew when he wasn't even that good the first time he was here, and poor at West Ham, was a similarly obvious bad decision (driven entirely by Huw's crush on his agent).

Buying Borja and Mesa (whose wage demands weren't that bad coming from Spain tbf) was obviously a bad idea given that no one had asked the manager if he was going to want to play them (add Emnes, Tabanou etc. to this pile). Mesa being a known party animal who was then ostracised for being a party animal is a fun bonus.

If we'd spent the same money but with sensible recruitment practices we'd have been fine.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024