Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players coming in 14:47 - Jun 13 with 3989 viewsBenJ94

So now that GP is finally here, who would you like to see us bring in?
Players coming in on 15:11 - Jun 13 with 3294 viewsSwan91

Wingers and strikers are the main ones... doesn;t matter if I have never heard of them or they came from the swedish 2nd division... aslong as they fit in the system and can hack it in the CH then that is all really.

Also like the idea of the RM youngster as lb... if he did join could be interesting.
Players coming in on 22:29 - Jun 13 with 3031 viewsdobjack2

Players who are hungry,comfortable on the ball and will fit into the style of play Potter is looking for.

I am not qualified to suggest who they might be and hope that Potter has a big say in who comes in as they need to fit in with what he will be trying to do.

I’ve slagged off our recruitment for years, with good reason. I suspect it was so bad because the managerial appointments were all fire fighting stop gaps so the board didn’t trust them to spend money because they were not long term appointments.

Potter needs to be a long term appointment to stabilise the club. Therefore has to be given the opportunity to bring in the type of player he wants and time to turn the club around.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 22:31]
Players coming in on 22:35 - Jun 13 with 3005 viewsthornabyswan

Players coming in on 22:29 - Jun 13 by dobjack2

Players who are hungry,comfortable on the ball and will fit into the style of play Potter is looking for.

I am not qualified to suggest who they might be and hope that Potter has a big say in who comes in as they need to fit in with what he will be trying to do.

I’ve slagged off our recruitment for years, with good reason. I suspect it was so bad because the managerial appointments were all fire fighting stop gaps so the board didn’t trust them to spend money because they were not long term appointments.

Potter needs to be a long term appointment to stabilise the club. Therefore has to be given the opportunity to bring in the type of player he wants and time to turn the club around.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 22:31]

Yes it's going to take a few transfer windows to sort out our recruitment no knee jerk sacking even if we are struggling.
5 managers in 19 months is a joke.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Players coming in on 22:48 - Jun 13 with 2963 viewsBadlands

Depends who leaves and who Potter thinks can adapt to playing football!
We really had a good Championship side last season so many are good enough but may not fancy a drop in wages or may not be the type of players Potter wants.
We still need a left back or cover.
Effective wingers
Central midfield playmaker
Defensive midfield stopped
I think Potter would like Amat so if we cash in on Mawson we are back to full compliment and £15-20 million to the good.
Dyer and Routledge would be good back up players in the Ch'p so Sema and another winger! I see we've been linked with Cotterell
Nordfeldt and Mulder as 'keepers.
I would like to think Borja and McBurnie will be expected to go through their paces before a decision is made (even the same with Mesa but I think he'll be offloaded).

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Players coming in on 01:34 - Jun 14 with 2821 viewsomarjack

Well..we need to consider that we'll be losing quite a few players. So it really depends on how many players we lose,If we have decent alternatives from the academy etc..let's see

-2 CB (we're likely to lose Mawson,Bartley,Fernandez,Amat,so 2 central defenders is a must imo,unless we manage to keep either Bartley or Amat,then 1 CB should be enough)

preferable options for CB:Huth,Miazga on loan,Helander

-1 DMF/CMF (we've lost Britton,Ki,Mesa therefore we'll probably need one)

preferable option for CMF:Besic

-1 AMF (preferable that he could also play on the flanks as a winger,It's no secret that we've been lacking creativity since Siggy)

preferable options for AMF:Mukhtar,Mount/Brahim Diaz on loan

-2 RW/LW (Since we'll be losing Jordan Ayew,possibly Narsingh and Montero)

preferable options for RW/LW:Wilson on loan,Jarrod Bowen,Grosicki,Claesson,Woodburn on loan,Sema,Kuwas)

-1 CF (since we'll be losing Andre Ayew,Bony,Baston..And if we lose McBurnie then we'd need 2 CFs of course)

preferable options for CF:Ghoddos,Vydra,Waghorn,Bobby Reid,Abel Hernandez,Mitrovic/Solanke on loan

So about 7 players are needed.

Of course that's the bare minimum. And any other deficiencies would be supplied by the most capable academy players.

[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 9:50]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Players coming in on 07:56 - Jun 14 with 2626 viewsMagic_Michu

I’ve been told from a good source that Fernandez is staying

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Players coming in on 08:27 - Jun 14 with 2574 viewstrinityann

Players coming in on 01:34 - Jun 14 by omarjack

Well..we need to consider that we'll be losing quite a few players. So it really depends on how many players we lose,If we have decent alternatives from the academy etc..let's see

-2 CB (we're likely to lose Mawson,Bartley,Fernandez,Amat,so 2 central defenders is a must imo,unless we manage to keep either Bartley or Amat,then 1 CB should be enough)

preferable options for CB:Huth,Miazga on loan,Helander

-1 DMF/CMF (we've lost Britton,Ki,Mesa therefore we'll probably need one)

preferable option for CMF:Besic

-1 AMF (preferable that he could also play on the flanks as a winger,It's no secret that we've been lacking creativity since Siggy)

preferable options for AMF:Mukhtar,Mount/Brahim Diaz on loan

-2 RW/LW (Since we'll be losing Jordan Ayew,possibly Narsingh and Montero)

preferable options for RW/LW:Wilson on loan,Jarrod Bowen,Grosicki,Claesson,Woodburn on loan,Sema,Kuwas)

-1 CF (since we'll be losing Andre Ayew,Bony,Baston..And if we lose McBurnie then we'd need 2 CFs of course)

preferable options for CF:Ghoddos,Vydra,Waghorn,Bobby Reid,Abel Hernandez,Mitrovic/Solanke on loan

So about 7 players are needed.

Of course that's the bare minimum. And any other deficiencies would be supplied by the most capable academy players.

[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 9:50]

So we need a new squad then, I can't see the wholesale changes like some fans are predicting. There is a reason why we are in the championship, it's because we have championship standard players.
Players coming in on 09:28 - Jun 14 with 2495 viewsomarjack

Players coming in on 08:27 - Jun 14 by trinityann

So we need a new squad then, I can't see the wholesale changes like some fans are predicting. There is a reason why we are in the championship, it's because we have championship standard players.

Well..The more players we sell,The more players we'll need.

Don't forget we'll be losing close to 15 senior players (including loaned out ones though). So 7 players coming in isn't extravagant.

I mean yes we have a limited squad but still many are desirable, And if you can't find them suitors in the PL, There are other leagues you know.

A mass exodus is happening, And unfortunately we won't even be able to sell them all, As few of them might head out on loan which is a disaster to the club.

A list of players that will probably leave

1-Fabianski (clearly in demand,soon to be a West Ham player)
2-Mawson (West Ham have concrete interest,being also tracked by the top 7 clubs)
3-Jordan Ayew (Fulham have concrete interest,Celtic as well,I'm hoping he'd want to stay though)
4-Andre Ayew (I don't know who'd take him,But certainly some club either in England or France,Italy,Turkey etc will be willing to take him on a loan and cover most of his wages)
5-Bony (same as Andre)
6-Mesa (heading to Sevilla)
7-Bartley (Leeds)
8-Narsingh (not sure if this one stays with us or not,Fenerbahce are interested,I'm certain he'll interest few clubs outside of the PL,he's fast,healthy and not so old)
9-Amat (practically a Betis player)
10-Fernandez (I expect him to head on loan somewhere. Probably to the top 10 in Italy like Sampdoria,Torino etc,or somewhere in Spain like Betis,Espanyol etc,Many clubs will be in for him if he leaves,He's healthy,decent and would even be better in a weaker league)
11-Baston (Leganes are showing interest)
12-Montero (we'll probably release him)
13-Britton
14-Ki
15-Rangel

15 players to lose realistically.

Login to get fewer ads

Players coming in on 09:53 - Jun 14 with 2440 viewsomarjack

Players coming in on 07:56 - Jun 14 by Magic_Michu

I’ve been told from a good source that Fernandez is staying

VDH,Fernadez partnership in the Championship would be terrific.

But why would Fede want to stay? taking a massive pay cut while many clubs would certainly want him. Loyalty? Anyway if your source is correct I'll be really glad. Always liked Fede and he'd boss it at a Championship level.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 9:53]

Players coming in on 10:10 - Jun 14 with 2387 viewsZut_Alors

Crazy thing is even if they have a 50% pay cut, Championship wages given the parachute payments still gonna be more than a lot of teams playing in Europe. Those coming to the end of their contracts could still play a year and then make up the difference by signing as a free agent the following year, plus if we get promoted they'd potentially be back playing PL. So I don't think it's going to be simple to offload players who'll not be targeted by other PL teams. I can see quite a few staying, even players like A Ayew, Fede and Borja.
Players coming in on 10:24 - Jun 14 with 2356 viewsomarjack

Players coming in on 10:10 - Jun 14 by Zut_Alors

Crazy thing is even if they have a 50% pay cut, Championship wages given the parachute payments still gonna be more than a lot of teams playing in Europe. Those coming to the end of their contracts could still play a year and then make up the difference by signing as a free agent the following year, plus if we get promoted they'd potentially be back playing PL. So I don't think it's going to be simple to offload players who'll not be targeted by other PL teams. I can see quite a few staying, even players like A Ayew, Fede and Borja.

Andre's wages after the relegation clause cut will still be higher than average salaries in all leagues other than the PL. (even big clubs like Napoli and Inter Milan for example wouldn't really offer him much more than that)

But the issue is..can the club cope financially with many top earners still on the books?

A bigger issue. Most players (especially those who are used to play at a high level) are repulsed at the idea of playing in a 2nd tier league. They'd want to move outside of England for 1st tier football.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 10:26]

Players coming in on 10:33 - Jun 14 with 2333 viewsherbie

I like Fernandez and hope both he and Bartley stay. It would give us a great 3 at the back with VDH.
Mr Potter likes mobile wing backs. Ollsen plus the young RM lad in as cover. Conor Roberts and Naughton on the right.

People keep saying Nordfelt will be decent gk. I don’t rate him. Good shot stopper but won’t command his box and that is more important in the championship so I would look at Danny Ward to come in.

One strong defensive central midfielder to come in possibly unless Jack Evans is considered ready to step in but would prefer he be introduced gently.

Definitely need a right wing with pace who can cross a ball.

Hopefully we keep George Byers and start givIng him Maric Dhanda and Daniel James opportunities.

I like to think Ollie will stay. Borja might be given another chance if his heart is in it which I doubt. We will probably offload Bony due to cost and fitness but if he is fit and retained him and Ollie would be a dangerous combination, but if Borja goes we definitely need another striking option.

So in summary a gk, one defensive midfielder, right winger and striker needed as a minimum but would be a pretty decent squad with a good coaching/management team and the supporters behind them every game.

I am looking forward to it now.
Players coming in on 10:36 - Jun 14 with 2316 viewsLoyal

Players coming in on 10:24 - Jun 14 by omarjack

Andre's wages after the relegation clause cut will still be higher than average salaries in all leagues other than the PL. (even big clubs like Napoli and Inter Milan for example wouldn't really offer him much more than that)

But the issue is..can the club cope financially with many top earners still on the books?

A bigger issue. Most players (especially those who are used to play at a high level) are repulsed at the idea of playing in a 2nd tier league. They'd want to move outside of England for 1st tier football.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 10:26]

If the club cant cope with the finances then they shouldn't negotiate contracts they can't manage.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Players coming in on 10:56 - Jun 14 with 2272 viewsomarjack

Players coming in on 10:36 - Jun 14 by Loyal

If the club cant cope with the finances then they shouldn't negotiate contracts they can't manage.

But if you're too scared about being relegated, you're only willing to bring in small time players on small wages and short contracts..Then you'll definitely get relegated.

Over half of clubs in the world are in a constant relegation battle. It's the norm. it doesn't mean clubs should be afraid of going forward.

Do you suggest that we shouldn't have signed Siggy on a 5 years contract (as an example) because we might get relegated during this time?

if relegation becomes a reality,That's when you start offloading. Until it is,you should always look forward.

Players coming in on 11:29 - Jun 14 with 2208 viewsKGriz16

Players coming in on 10:56 - Jun 14 by omarjack

But if you're too scared about being relegated, you're only willing to bring in small time players on small wages and short contracts..Then you'll definitely get relegated.

Over half of clubs in the world are in a constant relegation battle. It's the norm. it doesn't mean clubs should be afraid of going forward.

Do you suggest that we shouldn't have signed Siggy on a 5 years contract (as an example) because we might get relegated during this time?

if relegation becomes a reality,That's when you start offloading. Until it is,you should always look forward.

Want us to do a Leeds do you? Portsmouth?

How long have you supported the Swans?
Players coming in on 11:45 - Jun 14 with 2169 viewsomarjack

Players coming in on 11:29 - Jun 14 by KGriz16

Want us to do a Leeds do you? Portsmouth?

How long have you supported the Swans?

What?

Now that we are relegated we should be looking to offload big earners and those who want to f*ck off.

But before that,we had to look forward,look at other clubs like Watford,Palace etc..they don't have a problem spending big if needed. Even though relegation is a constant possibility for the likes of them..But if relegation happens they could still control the drop thanks to the first 2 years of parachute payments, buy selling most of their most prized and highest paid players, And that's exactly what our club will be doing this summer. What's the issue here?

Players coming in on 11:59 - Jun 14 with 2121 viewsKGriz16

Players coming in on 11:45 - Jun 14 by omarjack

What?

Now that we are relegated we should be looking to offload big earners and those who want to f*ck off.

But before that,we had to look forward,look at other clubs like Watford,Palace etc..they don't have a problem spending big if needed. Even though relegation is a constant possibility for the likes of them..But if relegation happens they could still control the drop thanks to the first 2 years of parachute payments, buy selling most of their most prized and highest paid players, And that's exactly what our club will be doing this summer. What's the issue here?

These big earners you speak of will be offloaded cheaply and not at a profit? For a deficient? Do you think clubs will be lining up to pay Bonys' 120 grand a week, I don't. We're a business as well as football club, and have always survived by signing, as you've previously stated, small time players, small contracts and small wages. It was when we started shelling out big money that we started slipping and the business model failing...
Players coming in on 12:07 - Jun 14 with 2100 viewsomarjack

Players coming in on 11:59 - Jun 14 by KGriz16

These big earners you speak of will be offloaded cheaply and not at a profit? For a deficient? Do you think clubs will be lining up to pay Bonys' 120 grand a week, I don't. We're a business as well as football club, and have always survived by signing, as you've previously stated, small time players, small contracts and small wages. It was when we started shelling out big money that we started slipping and the business model failing...

It's because our recruitment is sh!t.

The amounts of money we wasted on flops would have got us mid-table comfortably for 3-4 seasons probably.

Yes we'll be losing money with offloading the big earners. But it's necessary to cut our losses unless Potter and Huw assesses that keeping them in the squad will help greatly for the promotion push and it'll be worth the money.

But that's what all PL clubs do. And many of them succeed this way. By spending even more money than what we spent. The only difference is what I already mentioned. Our recruitment is a joke. That was the problem. if we had a fit striker instead of Bony,if we spent 15 m on a better player than Clucas,if we sealed an ambitious deal for a playmaker in the summer for the 20 m we wasted on Andre in January. We'd probably still be a PL club today.

Players coming in on 12:21 - Jun 14 with 2035 viewsmajorraglan

Players coming in on 12:07 - Jun 14 by omarjack

The amounts of money we wasted on flops would have got us mid-table comfortably for 3-4 seasons probably.

Yes we'll be losing money with offloading the big earners. But it's necessary to cut our losses unless Potter and Huw assesses that keeping them in the squad will help greatly for the promotion push and it'll be worth the money.

But that's what all PL clubs do. And many of them succeed this way. By spending even more money than what we spent. The only difference is what I already mentioned. Our recruitment is a joke. That was the problem. if we had a fit striker instead of Bony,if we spent 15 m on a better player than Clucas,if we sealed an ambitious deal for a playmaker in the summer for the 20 m we wasted on Andre in January. We'd probably still be a PL club today.

The recruiting has been bad and changing managers regularly doesn’t help. If the club had an outstanding recruiting team and signed players would would deliver, then speculate to accumulate may be the order of the day, but it hasn’t and I think prudence is the order of the day. Villa are now starting the feel the pressure of FFP and potentially in big trouble.
Players coming in on 12:31 - Jun 14 with 2001 viewsKGriz16

Players coming in on 12:07 - Jun 14 by omarjack

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your response. You suggested we spend big on wages and transfers to 'look forward' but then you complain about the Bony and Ayew transfers being flops?

Isn't that the risk with spending big money on transfers? Traditionally, we've never done it, and I have never felt comfortable with us doing it. Who would have thought Borja, Mesa etc would be flops? Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and we were all buzzing when they signed for us because of their record/credibility in La Liga.

I can't understand fans, like yourself, wanting us to throw money at players and then complain when they don't turn out to be the product we thought they were.
Players coming in on 12:35 - Jun 14 with 1987 viewsWarwickHunt

Players coming in on 09:28 - Jun 14 by omarjack

Well..The more players we sell,The more players we'll need.

Don't forget we'll be losing close to 15 senior players (including loaned out ones though). So 7 players coming in isn't extravagant.

I mean yes we have a limited squad but still many are desirable, And if you can't find them suitors in the PL, There are other leagues you know.

A mass exodus is happening, And unfortunately we won't even be able to sell them all, As few of them might head out on loan which is a disaster to the club.

A list of players that will probably leave

1-Fabianski (clearly in demand,soon to be a West Ham player)
2-Mawson (West Ham have concrete interest,being also tracked by the top 7 clubs)
3-Jordan Ayew (Fulham have concrete interest,Celtic as well,I'm hoping he'd want to stay though)
4-Andre Ayew (I don't know who'd take him,But certainly some club either in England or France,Italy,Turkey etc will be willing to take him on a loan and cover most of his wages)
5-Bony (same as Andre)
6-Mesa (heading to Sevilla)
7-Bartley (Leeds)
8-Narsingh (not sure if this one stays with us or not,Fenerbahce are interested,I'm certain he'll interest few clubs outside of the PL,he's fast,healthy and not so old)
9-Amat (practically a Betis player)
10-Fernandez (I expect him to head on loan somewhere. Probably to the top 10 in Italy like Sampdoria,Torino etc,or somewhere in Spain like Betis,Espanyol etc,Many clubs will be in for him if he leaves,He's healthy,decent and would even be better in a weaker league)
11-Baston (Leganes are showing interest)
12-Montero (we'll probably release him)
13-Britton
14-Ki
15-Rangel

15 players to lose realistically.

We'll be OK - Routledge will be still here...

Naughton isn't on your list either. Probably doesn't want to jeopordise his move to Barca.
Players coming in on 12:38 - Jun 14 with 1963 viewshobo

Players coming in on 15:11 - Jun 13 by Swan91

Wingers and strikers are the main ones... doesn;t matter if I have never heard of them or they came from the swedish 2nd division... aslong as they fit in the system and can hack it in the CH then that is all really.

Also like the idea of the RM youngster as lb... if he did join could be interesting.

Hakimi? There's no way he'd come here. Maybe if we were still in the Prem we'd have a chance
Players coming in on 12:39 - Jun 14 with 1950 viewsomarjack

Players coming in on 12:31 - Jun 14 by KGriz16

I'm sorry, but I don't understand your response. You suggested we spend big on wages and transfers to 'look forward' but then you complain about the Bony and Ayew transfers being flops?

Isn't that the risk with spending big money on transfers? Traditionally, we've never done it, and I have never felt comfortable with us doing it. Who would have thought Borja, Mesa etc would be flops? Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and we were all buzzing when they signed for us because of their record/credibility in La Liga.

I can't understand fans, like yourself, wanting us to throw money at players and then complain when they don't turn out to be the product we thought they were.

If you don't spend money in the PL you'll find yourself in the sh!t. most probably.

Hell,even teams like Huddersfield and Bournemouth are spending close to 20 m on CBs. They know that they might make it a couple of years but then it'll be too hard without proper investment.

You have 3 realisticscenarios here..

1-Spend big on the right players and succeed.
2-Spend big on the wrong players and flop. (what happened to us)
3-Spend small and rely on cheapies and freebies and flop anyway.

Calculated risks must be taken. Clucas,Bony,Ayew,Borja were not calculated enough (although a calculated risk that flops come every once and a while like Mesa for example)

Players coming in on 12:47 - Jun 14 with 1923 viewsjasper_T

Players coming in on 12:31 - Jun 14 by KGriz16

The amount we spent was fine. People whining that the Americans have been leeching money out of the club are way off the mark. We spent a lot, and our finances now are in a bit of a state so we need to sell. No big issue, sell sell sell.

We simply spent the money badly, on players most people here could have told Huw were fckin sht or at least not worth the massive sums they demanded.

There's no contradiction here.
Players coming in on 12:59 - Jun 14 with 1889 viewsKGriz16

Players coming in on 12:47 - Jun 14 by jasper_T

The amount we spent was fine. People whining that the Americans have been leeching money out of the club are way off the mark. We spent a lot, and our finances now are in a bit of a state so we need to sell. No big issue, sell sell sell.

We simply spent the money badly, on players most people here could have told Huw were fckin sht or at least not worth the massive sums they demanded.

There's no contradiction here.

Who's mentioning the majority owners here? I didn't? Nor did Omarjack.
I don't think you've understood what I've been saying or trying to say at all.
What players could people on this forum have told Huw they weren't good enough? I couldn't tell you or Huw Mesa or Borja were going to 'fail', or that they weren't good enough?
I just wanted to debate with Omarjack his point about wanting the Swans to spend more money to mimic Watford etc. I don't agree with it, when do you stop spending big? Who do you throw the money at? It's easy, very easy now looking back to say who failed and who didn't. I'm pretty sure if Bony's season went different or if Borja scored 18 goals we'd all be saying different, every, if not most, transfers are a gamble.

You've also stated nothing wrong with money we've spent, what if no one wants to buy what we've bought and we're stuck with unmanageable wages?
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 13:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024