Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One of the best bands in Britain 14:53 - Jun 13 with 10813 viewsMuteswan

One of the best big bands in Britain playing in Swansea tomorrow.
Only a few tickets left, get yours ASAP.
The Laurence Cottle Big Band are playing tomorrow at the Swansea International Jazz Festival.
Get there if you can, it should be fantastic. 😀
One of the best bands in Britain on 23:50 - Jun 14 with 4762 viewsMuteswan

Just back after seeing the Laurence Cottle Big Band at the Swansea International Jazz Festival, ( in my very best American accent) it was AWESOME. WOW. If the rest of the weekend is as good as that then we are in for a fantastic time. Congratulations to Dave , here’s hoping for an equally good next gig and continuing on through the weekend.
Don’t miss out. Keep music live.
One of the best bands in Britain on 03:43 - Jun 15 with 4691 viewsLoyal

I don't think anyone can hear you ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

One of the best bands in Britain on 07:06 - Jun 15 with 4642 viewsWarwickHunt

Edit: should have read the thread not just the OP...

Lol’s big band is always awesome. Hope there was a decent turnout...
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 7:09]
One of the best bands in Britain on 08:11 - Jun 15 with 4590 viewsMuteswan

One of the best bands in Britain on 07:06 - Jun 15 by WarwickHunt

Edit: should have read the thread not just the OP...

Lol’s big band is always awesome. Hope there was a decent turnout...
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 7:09]

Completely sold out. 👍
Two sets of Tower Of Power classics, and I have to say, along with the fabulous musicians, the vocalist , Daniel Pearce was outstanding.
One of the best bands in Britain on 18:08 - Jun 15 with 4437 viewsperplex

One of the best bands in Britain on 08:11 - Jun 15 by Muteswan

Completely sold out. 👍
Two sets of Tower Of Power classics, and I have to say, along with the fabulous musicians, the vocalist , Daniel Pearce was outstanding.

Small venue then no doubt, and remember they are only one of the best bands around in your mind.
One of the best bands in Britain on 19:36 - Jun 15 with 4384 viewsMuteswan

One of the best bands in Britain on 18:08 - Jun 15 by perplex

Small venue then no doubt, and remember they are only one of the best bands around in your mind.

Correct on both points, can I ask which is your recommendation for best big band?
One of the best bands in Britain on 18:28 - Jun 16 with 4202 viewsperplex

One of the best bands in Britain on 19:36 - Jun 15 by Muteswan

Correct on both points, can I ask which is your recommendation for best big band?

I have none, as i have no interest in them, i`m more in to the likes of Muse and Depeche Mode who believe it or not are two of the most successful live acts in the world and have been for quite a while now, and those are facts not just a personal opinion.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 18:29]
One of the best bands in Britain on 18:30 - Jun 16 with 4191 viewsJimmyGilligan

One of the best bands in Britain on 18:28 - Jun 16 by perplex

I have none, as i have no interest in them, i`m more in to the likes of Muse and Depeche Mode who believe it or not are two of the most successful live acts in the world and have been for quite a while now, and those are facts not just a personal opinion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_band
Login to get fewer ads

One of the best bands in Britain on 18:40 - Jun 16 with 4176 viewsJimmyGilligan

Nice edit
One of the best bands in Britain on 18:47 - Jun 16 with 4155 viewsperplex

One of the best bands in Britain on 18:30 - Jun 16 by JimmyGilligan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_band

As i say i have no interest in the LCBB or any of the big band stuff hope this simplifies thing`s for you.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 18:50]
One of the best bands in Britain on 19:03 - Jun 16 with 4122 viewsMuteswan

One of the best bands in Britain on 18:28 - Jun 16 by perplex

I don’t think I actually said that they were the biggest or best in the world, but at the moment (in my opinion) they are the best BIG BAND in Britain. I would say that there are much bigger and better bands than those you mentioned who would be more successful and draw larger audiences, but I’m not trying to nitpick, just giving everyone information about a band playing in Swansea during the Jazz Festival.
For your information, Laurence Cottle, leader of the Big Band, played on this album...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headless_Cross
Probably a bigger band than either of the two you mentioned ( in my opinion).
He’s not just a one trick pony, and he’s from Swansea, hence me bigging him up. Okay.( In my opinion).
One of the best bands in Britain on 19:03 - Jun 16 with 4122 viewsJimmyGilligan

One of the best bands in Britain on 18:47 - Jun 16 by perplex

As i say i have no interest in the LCBB or any of the big band stuff hope this simplifies thing`s for you.

I was just amused by you referring to Muse and Depeche Mode as two of the biggest bands in the world 'and that's fact, not opinion', without realising that by saying 'big band' he was referring to a genre. Then how you edited it after you realised how stupid you looked. Hope that clarifies why I was laughing at you.
One of the best bands in Britain on 19:06 - Jun 16 with 4112 viewsMuteswan

One of the best bands in Britain on 18:47 - Jun 16 by perplex

Yet you comment on my post.🙄
One of the best bands in Britain on 19:25 - Jun 16 with 4067 viewsperplex

One of the best bands in Britain on 19:03 - Jun 16 by JimmyGilligan

I was just amused by you referring to Muse and Depeche Mode as two of the biggest bands in the world 'and that's fact, not opinion', without realising that by saying 'big band' he was referring to a genre. Then how you edited it after you realised how stupid you looked. Hope that clarifies why I was laughing at you.

No you silly billy, the thread is about LCBB, i simply stated that i have no interest in them you have totally misinterpreted things a case of trying to fool the fool who is fooling you so to speak. LSBB are a band mun does not matter what genre.
One of the best bands in Britain on 19:30 - Jun 16 with 4048 viewsJimmyGilligan

One of the best bands in Britain on 19:25 - Jun 16 by perplex

No you silly billy, the thread is about LCBB, i simply stated that i have no interest in them you have totally misinterpreted things a case of trying to fool the fool who is fooling you so to speak. LSBB are a band mun does not matter what genre.

Well damn
One of the best bands in Britain on 19:34 - Jun 16 with 4037 viewsperplex

One of the best bands in Britain on 19:06 - Jun 16 by Muteswan

Yet you comment on my post.🙄

I can assure you my only interest is your mindset, you stated they are one of the best big bands in Britain when they can not book bigger venues due to poor ticket sales in other words not enough interest, so maybe when stating a false and unproven fact in future maybe you should add in your opinion to the statement.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 19:43]
One of the best bands in Britain on 19:35 - Jun 16 with 4032 viewsperplex

One of the best bands in Britain on 19:30 - Jun 16 by JimmyGilligan

Well damn

Yep what have you done, never mind live and learn.
One of the best bands in Britain on 19:53 - Jun 16 with 3992 viewsdickythorpe

I bet dave gahan and martin gore could sing any genre.
Dave is getting very bluesy in his own style.
One of the best bands in Britain on 19:56 - Jun 16 with 3978 viewsMuteswan

One of the best bands in Britain on 19:34 - Jun 16 by perplex

I can assure you my only interest is your mindset, you stated they are one of the best big bands in Britain when they can not book bigger venues due to poor ticket sales in other words not enough interest, so maybe when stating a false and unproven fact in future maybe you should add in your opinion to the statement.

They were invited to play at the Swansea Jazz Festival, the size of the venue is what it is . Why do you think they couldn’t fill bigger venues because of poor ticket sales? They sold out the venue they were invited to play . What more can they do? Perhaps you should read more carefully.
Thank you for your interest in my mindset, I’ll be sure to contact you next time I have something to say so you can let me know whether it’s ok.
One of the best bands in Britain on 20:00 - Jun 16 with 3966 viewsdickythorpe

One of the best bands in Britain on 06:41 - Jun 17 with 3855 viewsBrynmill_Jack

One of the best bands in Britain on 19:34 - Jun 16 by perplex

Welcome back Dimi, I thought it was you

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

One of the best bands in Britain on 19:04 - Jun 17 with 3719 viewsperplex

One of the best bands in Britain on 06:41 - Jun 17 by Brynmill_Jack

Welcome back Dimi, I thought it was you

Your not still suffering, come on man get over it.
One of the best bands in Britain on 19:10 - Jun 17 with 3716 viewsperplex

One of the best bands in Britain on 19:56 - Jun 16 by Muteswan

They were invited to play at the Swansea Jazz Festival, the size of the venue is what it is . Why do you think they couldn’t fill bigger venues because of poor ticket sales? They sold out the venue they were invited to play . What more can they do? Perhaps you should read more carefully.
Thank you for your interest in my mindset, I’ll be sure to contact you next time I have something to say so you can let me know whether it’s ok.

What more can they do, good point, probably just keep going through the motions entertaining the minority, meanwhile the Muse drones tour will be screened throughout the country in cinema`s on July 12th get yourself a ticket before it`s to late.
One of the best bands in Britain on 19:26 - Jun 17 with 3692 viewsperplex

One of the best bands in Britain on 19:27 - Jun 17 with 3689 viewsexiledclaseboy

Muse are shite.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024