Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mawson to West Ham 15:11 - Jun 14 with 67380 viewsandrew

Deal close. Sky sports breaking.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Mawson to West Ham on 20:43 - Jul 2 with 1602 viewsShaky

Mawson to West Ham on 20:31 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

Read it again.

I don't need a spreadsheet to work out 20 million as a fraction of 200 million, Dim.

Nite-nite.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Mawson to West Ham on 20:48 - Jul 2 with 1583 viewsE20Jack

No, but you may need to create one to show your lack of understanding of what you are reading,

Night now.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Mawson to West Ham on 20:58 - Jul 2 with 1563 viewsShaky

Mawson to West Ham on 20:48 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

No, but you may need to create one to show your lack of understanding of what you are reading,

Night now.

It's really not that hard unless your mind has gone after binge posting round the clock, Dim.

You think Neymar would be worth a 10th of his PSG purchase price if he couldn't score for 6 months, which presumably means by extension you think A Ayew is now worth 10% of this purchase price, or a shade over £2 million.

I think he is probably worth a bit more than that, but we clearly agree that Swansea will have to take a big haircut to offload this calamitous signing.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Mawson to West Ham on 21:04 - Jul 2 with 1554 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 20:58 - Jul 2 by Shaky

It's really not that hard unless your mind has gone after binge posting round the clock, Dim.

You think Neymar would be worth a 10th of his PSG purchase price if he couldn't score for 6 months, which presumably means by extension you think A Ayew is now worth 10% of this purchase price, or a shade over £2 million.

I think he is probably worth a bit more than that, but we clearly agree that Swansea will have to take a big haircut to offload this calamitous signing.

Oh you have stopped your bed plans, fantastic let’s play.

Well with a modicum of respect - it is that hard.. clearly, as you don’t seem to have a Scooby Doo what I said, let alone what your own point is.

Where did I say Neymar wouldn’t be/only would be worth 10% of what they paid?

You said a forward who doesn’t score in 6 months isn’t worth £20m. I made the point that players aren’t valued on how many they score in the last 6 months, that sounds like a 12 year old’s valuation explanation. It depends on the player... hence the Neymar example, who’s value probably wouldn’t dip, or depending on the situation and buying party - may even increase.

Your turn.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 21:06]

Mawson to West Ham on 21:07 - Jul 2 with 1545 viewsShaky

Mawson to West Ham on 21:04 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

Oh you have stopped your bed plans, fantastic let’s play.

Well with a modicum of respect - it is that hard.. clearly, as you don’t seem to have a Scooby Doo what I said, let alone what your own point is.

Where did I say Neymar wouldn’t be/only would be worth 10% of what they paid?

You said a forward who doesn’t score in 6 months isn’t worth £20m. I made the point that players aren’t valued on how many they score in the last 6 months, that sounds like a 12 year old’s valuation explanation. It depends on the player... hence the Neymar example, who’s value probably wouldn’t dip, or depending on the situation and buying party - may even increase.

Your turn.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 21:06]

I see, Dim, so you neither know what PSG paid for Neymar, or what Swansea paid for A Ayew.

Thanks for your views.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Mawson to West Ham on 21:12 - Jul 2 with 1528 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 21:07 - Jul 2 by Shaky

I see, Dim, so you neither know what PSG paid for Neymar, or what Swansea paid for A Ayew.

Thanks for your views.

You real need to get that spreadsheet where it shows how often you don’t understand simple posts, maybe looking at it on a spreadsheet will be the only way it will resonate with you.

I did not mention anything to do with what either club paid for the players you mention, didn’t even allude to it, it is irrelevant to the point being made.

Which you would of course know if you understood what you are being told.

Thanks for your continued interest.

Mawson to West Ham on 21:21 - Jul 2 with 1497 viewsShaky

Mawson to West Ham on 21:12 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

You real need to get that spreadsheet where it shows how often you don’t understand simple posts, maybe looking at it on a spreadsheet will be the only way it will resonate with you.

I did not mention anything to do with what either club paid for the players you mention, didn’t even allude to it, it is irrelevant to the point being made.

Which you would of course know if you understood what you are being told.

Thanks for your continued interest.

Congratulations on bringing the discussion to a point where the only way you could justify your position is that your original point was of mind-numbing banality: £200 million rated Neymar would be worth £20 million if he did not score for 6 months.

Penetrating insight, Dim, that's presumably why they pay you the big bucks.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Mawson to West Ham on 21:29 - Jul 2 with 1473 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 21:21 - Jul 2 by Shaky

Congratulations on bringing the discussion to a point where the only way you could justify your position is that your original point was of mind-numbing banality: £200 million rated Neymar would be worth £20 million if he did not score for 6 months.

Penetrating insight, Dim, that's presumably why they pay you the big bucks.

Is that 4 or 5 posts in a row you have completely misunderstood? Seems like some sort for record anyway.

Point to me where I said Neymar would be worth £20m if he didn’t score for 6 months. Quote it, maybe that would make it sink in? I’m all for trying different techniques to try and get you to understand.

I guess this is what teaching is like.

Login to get fewer ads

Mawson to West Ham on 21:35 - Jul 2 with 1450 viewsShaky

Mawson to West Ham on 19:54 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

It depends on the player my good man.

Are you telling me that if Neymar didn’t score for half a season he wouldn’t be worth £20m?

Stop being silly now. Go and do a spreadsheet.

Here you go, Dim.

And a little pro tip for you; try to avoid double negatives in future, they are clearly confusing you.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Mawson to West Ham on 21:45 - Jul 2 with 1428 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 21:35 - Jul 2 by Shaky

Here you go, Dim.

And a little pro tip for you; try to avoid double negatives in future, they are clearly confusing you.

Ok so you quoting it didn’t work either then? Make that 7 posts in a row now? Wow.

There is no double negative. Read it again, slowly.

I asked if you did not think Neymar would be worth £20m in your scenario (the amount you said a forward wouldn’t be worth if he didn’t score many in 6 months)..

That is not me saying he would be worth £20m now is it, Einstein.

it is me asking you whether you think the amount you clearly implied would be too much a for a forward who didn’t score in 6 months would apply to Neymar too. Making the point that it depends on the player not the amount scored in the last 6 months.

Now if you still don’t get it then I doubt even the greatest teacher on the planet could get it through to you.

Mawson to West Ham on 09:20 - Jul 3 with 1294 viewsShaky

Mawson to West Ham on 21:45 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

Ok so you quoting it didn’t work either then? Make that 7 posts in a row now? Wow.

There is no double negative. Read it again, slowly.

I asked if you did not think Neymar would be worth £20m in your scenario (the amount you said a forward wouldn’t be worth if he didn’t score many in 6 months)..

That is not me saying he would be worth £20m now is it, Einstein.

it is me asking you whether you think the amount you clearly implied would be too much a for a forward who didn’t score in 6 months would apply to Neymar too. Making the point that it depends on the player not the amount scored in the last 6 months.

Now if you still don’t get it then I doubt even the greatest teacher on the planet could get it through to you.

I think i see the problem here, Dim.

The discussion wasn't about "a forward" or any old forward. It was specifically about the forward Andre Ayew signed by Swansea City last winter

Who has not scored any goals.

The only way Neymar is remotely relevant to that discussion is what would his relative value be if he also stopped scoring any goals. Relative to what it was be before he stopped scoring goals.

As I see it anyway, but clearly not for you, because you go on to say:

" Making the point that it depends on the player not the amount scored in the last 6 months."

In other words you maintain that a forward's value is not affected by whether they can score any goals in half a season.

You're barking mad, Dim. Pleased to have cleared that up for you.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Mawson to West Ham on 09:34 - Jul 3 with 1268 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 09:20 - Jul 3 by Shaky

I think i see the problem here, Dim.

The discussion wasn't about "a forward" or any old forward. It was specifically about the forward Andre Ayew signed by Swansea City last winter

Who has not scored any goals.

The only way Neymar is remotely relevant to that discussion is what would his relative value be if he also stopped scoring any goals. Relative to what it was be before he stopped scoring goals.

As I see it anyway, but clearly not for you, because you go on to say:

" Making the point that it depends on the player not the amount scored in the last 6 months."

In other words you maintain that a forward's value is not affected by whether they can score any goals in half a season.

You're barking mad, Dim. Pleased to have cleared that up for you.

As so now you have clicked, about 8 posts later and are now changing your initial statement.

Beep beep! Moron reversing.

The rest of your post is our usual confused rubbish.

Mawson to West Ham on 09:38 - Jul 3 with 1259 viewsShaky

Mawson to West Ham on 09:34 - Jul 3 by E20Jack

As so now you have clicked, about 8 posts later and are now changing your initial statement.

"it depends on the player not the amount scored in the last 6 months."

Misology -- It's a bitch

Mawson to West Ham on 09:40 - Jul 3 with 1255 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 09:38 - Jul 3 by Shaky

"it depends on the player not the amount scored in the last 6 months."

Absolutely correct. Transfer value is not binary, it is dependant in the player. Otherwise ou think everyone who scored 6 on the last 6 months in Worth exactly the same.

You are an idiot of monumental proportions, but I wouldn’t even expect you to believe that.

Let’s hope you learn from that quote and your initial error and become a better poster with more sensible views.

Time will tell.

Mawson to West Ham on 09:42 - Jul 3 with 1253 viewsShaky

Though psychic means I have just divined your next line of argument:

>The value of a goalscorer is not affected if he is no longer scoring goals.

>Because then he wouldn't be a goalscorer any more.

>That's a fact.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Mawson to West Ham on 09:47 - Jul 3 with 1234 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 09:42 - Jul 3 by Shaky

Though psychic means I have just divined your next line of argument:

>The value of a goalscorer is not affected if he is no longer scoring goals.

>Because then he wouldn't be a goalscorer any more.

>That's a fact.

There is no argument at this point my little chum, it is simple facts being misunderstood and argued against by an insecure non fan. I guess you could describe it as a pupil having a tantrum because his teacher has told him some facts that he didn’t know.

My teachings that are absolute and undeniable facts are there for all to see, no psychic means needed.

You are welcome.

Mawson to West Ham on 10:01 - Jul 3 with 1206 viewsmagicdaps10

All i have to add to my original post on the path it has gone...

...i am amazed how people believe their opinions are fact.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Mawson to West Ham on 10:03 - Jul 3 with 1199 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 10:01 - Jul 3 by magicdaps10

You think the complete and utter fact that valuations are based on the player and not a binary price based on last 6 months worth of goals... is an opinion?

Ok Daps

Mawson to West Ham on 10:18 - Jul 3 with 1185 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 09:34 - Jul 3 by E20Jack

You appear to be back tracking not ol shaky
[Post edited 3 Jul 2018 10:19]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mawson to West Ham on 10:21 - Jul 3 with 1172 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 10:18 - Jul 3 by Brynmill_Jack

You appear to be back tracking not ol shaky
[Post edited 3 Jul 2018 10:19]

Huh? Where?

Please don’t tell me there are two people that have not understood the most simple of concepts? That would be too delicious for words. I suspect it is your insecure vendetta talking which is a shame and awfully less delicious, but entertaining all the same.

My point at the start:-

“The value of a player is based on the player themselves and not a binary valuation based on a tally if goals over a 6 month period”

My point now:-

“The value of a player is based on the player themselves and not a binary valuation based on a tally if goals over a 6 month period”

My point in however many pages this thread has left to run:-

Ta.

Nice edit
[Post edited 3 Jul 2018 10:23]

Mawson to West Ham on 10:23 - Jul 3 with 1165 viewsWhiterockin

Mawson to West Ham on 10:01 - Jul 3 by magicdaps10

So many good threads spoilt by posters bickering. You have to waste time trawling through rubbish to get to get back to what the thread is about. Same posters doing it and they should get a warning.
Mawson to West Ham on 10:26 - Jul 3 with 1157 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 10:23 - Jul 3 by Whiterockin

So many good threads spoilt by posters bickering. You have to waste time trawling through rubbish to get to get back to what the thread is about. Same posters doing it and they should get a warning.

Agree completely.

This site should welcome accuracy and fact based posts. These posters continually looking for attention by doing their best to argue against them in order to satisfy their insecurities really are dragging this site down. They are currently hunting in packs though, but sense is no match for a pack of obsessive trolls and they will soon tire of being bludgeoned by sense and fact.

So there will be respite soon if that is any consolation.

Mawson to West Ham on 10:29 - Jul 3 with 1142 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 10:21 - Jul 3 by E20Jack

Huh? Where?

Please don’t tell me there are two people that have not understood the most simple of concepts? That would be too delicious for words. I suspect it is your insecure vendetta talking which is a shame and awfully less delicious, but entertaining all the same.

Ta.

Nice edit

Vendetta? Oh come on, really? I disagree entirely with your view that Garry Monk managed a team that played better football than that of teams managed by Michael Laudrup. That's fine, your opinion is your opinion. Don't think that people who you don't agree with you have a vendetta against you though. That's the road to paranoia.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mawson to West Ham on 10:33 - Jul 3 with 1133 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 10:29 - Jul 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Vendetta? Oh come on, really? I disagree entirely with your view that Garry Monk managed a team that played better football than that of teams managed by Michael Laudrup. That's fine, your opinion is your opinion. Don't think that people who you don't agree with you have a vendetta against you though. That's the road to paranoia.

Oh absolutely a vendetta, that has been clear for many months.

I didn’t say any of the teams managed under Laudrup, I specifically said the last 12 months of his reign, you know, the side that picked up 30 points in 34 games and didn’t look like they could pass, run, shoot, tackle or even try.

That team.

I compared it against the team that had our greatest league placing of the modern era. Smashing Cardiff and beating the likes of Man United with consumate professionalism that did all of those things listed above, that the team before couldn’t.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2018 10:42]

Mawson to West Ham on 10:51 - Jul 3 with 1099 viewsShaky

Mawson to West Ham on 10:21 - Jul 3 by E20Jack

Huh? Where?

Ta.

Nice edit

Exactly Dim, your point is the value of strikers is not dependent on whether they are scoring any goals at all.

Form simply does not matter, according to the risk analyst bookie.

Misology -- It's a bitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024