Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mawson to West Ham 15:11 - Jun 14 with 66824 viewsandrew

Deal close. Sky sports breaking.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Mawson to West Ham on 18:09 - Jun 14 with 3768 viewsMagic_Michu

We definitely need a sell on clause with Mawson... I predict he’ll move on again at a huge profit for West Ham.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Mawson to West Ham on 18:31 - Jun 14 with 3704 viewsLeonWasGod

Mawson to West Ham on 18:09 - Jun 14 by Magic_Michu

We definitely need a sell on clause with Mawson... I predict he’ll move on again at a huge profit for West Ham.

Agreed, quality player and it’d be interesting to see how he would get on in a good club surrounded by better players thsn he’s been used to with us. I think he can step up. He doesn’t seem any worse than Stones did (obvious comparison) before his big money move.
Mawson to West Ham on 18:36 - Jun 14 with 3677 viewsLoyal

Mawson to West Ham on 16:23 - Jun 14 by Badlands

Mawson isn't a full England international - having trained with the extended squad and not getting a minute of game time in two friendlies suggests he isn't even in line for a another call up.
£15 million to club like West Ham or Huddersfield is about right.

I would have thought the fact he trained with them indicates he most certainly will be in line for a call up in the future.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 18:36]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Mawson to West Ham on 18:46 - Jun 14 with 3640 viewsJango

Mawson to West Ham on 17:48 - Jun 14 by Flashberryjack

"There are a lot of better players available for around the £12 - £20 million mark"

Where ?

Fernandez
Mawson to West Ham on 18:50 - Jun 14 with 3624 viewsFlashberryjack

Mawson to West Ham on 18:46 - Jun 14 by Jango

Fernandez

Fernandez who ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Mawson to West Ham on 19:06 - Jun 14 with 3571 viewsJango

Mawson to West Ham on 18:50 - Jun 14 by Flashberryjack

Fernandez who ?

One of the 2 centre halves in our defence much better than Mawson last season.
Mawson to West Ham on 19:19 - Jun 14 with 3544 viewsicecoldjack

England International, 23/24 yrs old,played every game , never injured and West Ham offer £20 m ?

In today's crazy market it should be nearer the £30m mark, the fact we know he isn't all that is irrelevant, West Ham must get serious if they really want him.

It's a shame we couldn't sell him while he was still premier league, then we would have truely ripped off some unsuspecting club for a fortune.

IMO his ego got the better of him the moment he got a call up for England, since then he stopped giving everthing and became a player out for himself not the team, many will probably dis agree but just my view point. Hopefully Spurs enter the race and the money gets bumped up so the yanks and Huw can continue to milk the club for a while longer.
Mawson to West Ham on 19:35 - Jun 14 with 3497 viewsFlashberryjack

Mawson to West Ham on 19:06 - Jun 14 by Jango

Oh! our Fernandez, seeing that he's currently contracted to us I didn't see him as a defender in your price range you quoted, as for being "much" better than Mawson that's probably a matter of divided opinion, and mine is he isn't, granted he had a better season than previous seasons.

Hello

Login to get fewer ads

Mawson to West Ham on 19:53 - Jun 14 with 3444 viewsJango

Mawson to West Ham on 19:35 - Jun 14 by Flashberryjack

Oh! our Fernandez, seeing that he's currently contracted to us I didn't see him as a defender in your price range you quoted, as for being "much" better than Mawson that's probably a matter of divided opinion, and mine is he isn't, granted he had a better season than previous seasons.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. In my opinion he’s bang average. Would be a decent player for us at this level though. Anything over £20m is robbery.
Mawson to West Ham on 20:45 - Jun 14 with 3319 viewsGlyn1

Mawson to West Ham on 17:00 - Jun 14 by omarjack

In reality, For 20-25 m you can probably buy a real world class CB in his early stages from some smaller league with proper scouting.

But you know how the English are obsessed with their own behinds. Willing to spunk crazy money on players when they could have signed others with similar quality from a different league with a different nationality for half of the amount.

For some messed up reason,being English increases the value in England, And so be it. It's our gain in this case.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 17:02]

Well, you know he won't be homesick. Being English should add a couple of million. He's going to West Spam unfortunately, we're just finalizing how much they pay us.

"The powerful do what they want. The weak do what they can."

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Mawson to West Ham on 20:58 - Jun 14 with 3281 viewsFlashberryjack

Mawson to West Ham on 19:53 - Jun 14 by Jango

Sorry for the misunderstanding. In my opinion he’s bang average. Would be a decent player for us at this level though. Anything over £20m is robbery.

No need for apologies mate, "misunderstanding" is my middle name.

I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree on Mawson, I rate him very highly, although £20 million (made up with add on's) is probably what we'll get, but I think it's a steal by West Ham rather than robbery by us.

I do think he's carrying a little bit of extra timber, lose that, and West Ham will have a gem of a player.

Hello

Mawson to West Ham on 21:40 - Jun 14 with 3206 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Mawson to West Ham on 19:19 - Jun 14 by icecoldjack

England International, 23/24 yrs old,played every game , never injured and West Ham offer £20 m ?

In today's crazy market it should be nearer the £30m mark, the fact we know he isn't all that is irrelevant, West Ham must get serious if they really want him.

It's a shame we couldn't sell him while he was still premier league, then we would have truely ripped off some unsuspecting club for a fortune.

IMO his ego got the better of him the moment he got a call up for England, since then he stopped giving everthing and became a player out for himself not the team, many will probably dis agree but just my view point. Hopefully Spurs enter the race and the money gets bumped up so the yanks and Huw can continue to milk the club for a while longer.

Funny, you are the second poster to say "never injured ", while he is undergoing recovery from Surgery for a knee problem.
Or doesn't that count
Mawson to West Ham on 21:49 - Jun 14 with 3187 viewspencoedjack

Mawson to West Ham on 20:45 - Jun 14 by Glyn1

Well, you know he won't be homesick. Being English should add a couple of million. He's going to West Spam unfortunately, we're just finalizing how much they pay us.

"The powerful do what they want. The weak do what they can."

His old man is a big Chelsea fan I believe who is a bit of a character on the markets

‘Going home’ is probably not how he feels.

Anyway Alfie seems a decent down to earth bloke who gave 100% ( imo) whilst here & a few more with his passion in our side would of seen us safe.
Mawson to West Ham on 21:52 - Jun 14 with 3174 viewswestside

What is it with Sullivan and our players ?

He said he could have signed Bony when we first signed him then Sanches recently .

Now west ham want Mawson and Fab.

Is he just jealous or something
Mawson to West Ham on 21:54 - Jun 14 with 3160 viewsLoyal

Mawson to West Ham on 21:49 - Jun 14 by pencoedjack

His old man is a big Chelsea fan I believe who is a bit of a character on the markets

‘Going home’ is probably not how he feels.

Anyway Alfie seems a decent down to earth bloke who gave 100% ( imo) whilst here & a few more with his passion in our side would of seen us safe.

Heres a good news headline mate.

Decent bloke Mawson pledges a season to get Swansea promoted ( after being responsible for relegation )

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Mawson to West Ham on 22:06 - Jun 14 with 3136 viewsjack_lord

Mawson to West Ham on 16:34 - Jun 14 by Badlands

Maybe not Huddersfield but he has little football finesse which means he's unlike to get a move to a footballing team or even a top 8 club. Although he's played a lot of games his performances are littered with errors - as flavour of the month he was allowed to get away with most them whereas other would have been slated.
There are a lot of better players available for around the £12 - £20 million mark.

I would say he does have elements of finesse and skill. He also scores goals.
He is a media favourite and he is young and most importantly English.
He was called up to the England squad too :)

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Mawson to West Ham on 22:34 - Jun 14 with 3041 viewsdobjack2

Suggests it’s all about the staging of payments.

Would love to know the details as it may give an indication of how long our owners plan to stay around. Presumably they wouldn’t want payments to come in after they were planning to leave.
Mawson to West Ham on 05:29 - Jun 15 with 2866 viewsicecoldjack

Mawson to West Ham on 21:40 - Jun 14 by A_Fans_Dad

Funny, you are the second poster to say "never injured ", while he is undergoing recovery from Surgery for a knee problem.
Or doesn't that count

taking his total time here with us, he has never really been a sick note kind of player, which was my main point . How many games did he play last season ?

Would you say his injury record is good or bad ?
Mawson to West Ham on 07:08 - Jun 15 with 2823 viewsangryjack

Mawson to West Ham on 19:06 - Jun 14 by Jango

Lol,,lay off the crack
Mawson to West Ham on 07:21 - Jun 15 with 2797 viewsMattG

Mawson to West Ham on 22:34 - Jun 14 by dobjack2

Suggests it’s all about the staging of payments.

Would love to know the details as it may give an indication of how long our owners plan to stay around. Presumably they wouldn’t want payments to come in after they were planning to leave.

Not necessarily - those payments would probably just be added (at least in part) to the valuation as they represent guaranteed income.

On Mawson, I believe he has all the attributes to become a really top quality CB. He probably has been guilty, at times, of believing his own hype but if he can straighten that side of things out (which I think he could under the right manager) then the sky's the limit for him. Championship club or not, we should be looking at a minimum £25m in the current market.
Mawson to West Ham on 07:24 - Jun 15 with 2792 viewsAl_Bundy

Mawson to West Ham on 16:15 - Jun 14 by omarjack

A young,English international with a very good injury record,who played every minute with his club last season,A player with a decent talent with potential to grow under the right manager should be worth 35-40 m imo.

F*cking John Stones sealed a 50 m move to the Etihad. Why is he better than Mawson exactly?

If someone like Guardiola or Pochettino help with Mawson's development is it far fetched that he'll be world class one day? He has all the ingredients for success,plus 2 PL seasons experience.

But since we're relegated we can't really just ask for 40 m. They'll all try to lowball us. But as for the 20 m West Ham are offering, Well they can shove it up their @sses. 27.5 m minimum imo. And if a top 6 club are interested, 30 m
[Post edited 14 Jun 2018 16:16]

Mawson £35M - £40M.. ???
Mawson to West Ham on 09:41 - Jun 15 with 2675 viewsomarjack

Mawson to West Ham on 07:24 - Jun 15 by Al_Bundy

Mawson £35M - £40M.. ???

It's insane to spend that amount for him I'm aware of that.

But you know the top 6 love to spend crazy money. We should take advantage of that.

I mean as another example, Davinson Sanchez went to Spurs for 36 m,a non English from a piss poor league with very poor finances. Is he really much better that Mawson? Most Tottenham fans will tell you not really.

Mawson in this market is really valued at 30 m minimum,And we could possibly have made more if we survived and were in position to play hardball.

I mean Siggy for 45 m FFS! How did we pull that off.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Mawson to West Ham on 09:50 - Jun 15 with 2660 viewspencoedjack

Mawson to West Ham on 09:41 - Jun 15 by omarjack

It's insane to spend that amount for him I'm aware of that.

But you know the top 6 love to spend crazy money. We should take advantage of that.

I mean as another example, Davinson Sanchez went to Spurs for 36 m,a non English from a piss poor league with very poor finances. Is he really much better that Mawson? Most Tottenham fans will tell you not really.

Mawson in this market is really valued at 30 m minimum,And we could possibly have made more if we survived and were in position to play hardball.

I mean Siggy for 45 m FFS! How did we pull that off.

Everytime I have seen Sanchez play for Spurs he’s been awful I didn’t realise they paid 36 million for him.
Mawson to West Ham on 10:56 - Jun 15 with 2587 viewsomarjack

Mawson to West Ham on 09:50 - Jun 15 by pencoedjack

Everytime I have seen Sanchez play for Spurs he’s been awful I didn’t realise they paid 36 million for him.

No wonder Spurs started leaking goals since he stepped up during Aldewiereld's long injury last season. Aldi is probably leaving this summer and they'll want a replacement, Hopefully they'll be interested in Mawson and go +30 m for him.

They paid as much for woeful Sissoko ffs..and from a relegated side, It's not far-fetched.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 10:57]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Mawson to West Ham on 16:12 - Jun 15 with 2412 viewsJango

Mawson to West Ham on 07:08 - Jun 15 by angryjack

Lol,,lay off the crack

Do you think he had a good season? He was piss poor. Got called up to England squad on media hype and wasn’t given a minute of football in 2 friendlies after they’d had a closer look. Just my opinion of course but I don’t take crack mate, it makes me say stupid things.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024