Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mawson to West Ham 15:11 - Jun 14 with 67399 viewsandrew

Deal close. Sky sports breaking.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Mawson to West Ham on 12:33 - Jun 26 with 3336 viewsomarjack

Mawson to West Ham on 12:25 - Jun 26 by Whiterockin

Why do we need to sell him cheap. If he is earning in the region of £25K a week we should hold out for top dollar or play him. I don't believe that he has requested a transfer and although those wages are high I don't think that salary is excessive for another season.

Definitely..But the cash is needed to finance other needed signings in the midfield and attack. Not to forget to balance the sheets..The club can't bleed money the way it's doing right now. Substantial money needs to be saved from sales for the club not to get into crisis if it fails to secure promotion from the first attempt. Even a 15 m fee for Mawson might look appealing to the Americans in the end of the window if no one came knocking with a better offer.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Mawson to West Ham on 12:51 - Jun 26 with 3253 viewsWhiterockin

Mawson to West Ham on 12:33 - Jun 26 by omarjack

Definitely..But the cash is needed to finance other needed signings in the midfield and attack. Not to forget to balance the sheets..The club can't bleed money the way it's doing right now. Substantial money needs to be saved from sales for the club not to get into crisis if it fails to secure promotion from the first attempt. Even a 15 m fee for Mawson might look appealing to the Americans in the end of the window if no one came knocking with a better offer.

I would rather sell Fernandez and Amat if they want to go, even on the cheap. Mawson is not on high wages so is a different ball game. This is only the defence, with Bartley, VDH, Mawson, Roberts and Olsson we would have a good defence, cut the wage bill and brought in money. The same can be done in other area's.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 12:53]
Mawson to West Ham on 12:53 - Jun 26 with 3247 viewsKGriz16

Mawson to West Ham on 12:51 - Jun 26 by Whiterockin

I would rather sell Fernandez and Amat if they want to go, even on the cheap. Mawson is not on high wages so is a different ball game. This is only the defence, with Bartley, VDH, Mawson, Roberts and Olsson we would have a good defence, cut the wage bill and brought in money. The same can be done in other area's.

& FF is sh*t too. Don't forget that.
Mawson to West Ham on 12:54 - Jun 26 with 3239 viewsSwanjaxs

Mawson to West Ham on 12:33 - Jun 26 by omarjack

But that's the thing... you would think any cash received for sales/savings on wages would be used for other signings, unfortunately I suspect money in is not only earmarked to balance the books but to make more profit for the 27

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Mawson to West Ham on 13:00 - Jun 26 with 3214 viewsomarjack

Mawson to West Ham on 12:54 - Jun 26 by Swanjaxs

But that's the thing... you would think any cash received for sales/savings on wages would be used for other signings, unfortunately I suspect money in is not only earmarked to balance the books but to make more profit for the 27

We might expect 50-60 m to be made from sales..Do you really expect the Americans to invest all of that on signings?

Obviously not..maybe 20 m or so and the rest of the money will be saved. And in an ideal world you'd consider this a betrayal from the owners and a lack of commitment. But in reality this money is needed to keep the club afloat. Especially if we fail to promote from the first attempt.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 13:02]

Mawson to West Ham on 13:00 - Jun 26 with 3213 viewsawayjack

That the problem. Greedy ones will only reinvest a small proportion of players sales. Mawson is our only player value over £20m so I don't see even the Yanks seeking on the cheap.
Mawson to West Ham on 13:02 - Jun 26 with 3208 viewsyescomeon

I think they can forget about profit for the foreseeable.

Upthecity!

Mawson to West Ham on 13:07 - Jun 26 with 3159 viewsSwanjaxs

Mawson to West Ham on 13:02 - Jun 26 by yescomeon

I think they can forget about profit for the foreseeable.

You'll be surprised, with parachute payments coming in and sellable assets to move on there's a bit more flesh to pick off the bones most definitely

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Mawson to West Ham on 13:12 - Jun 26 with 3134 viewsomarjack

Mawson to West Ham on 13:07 - Jun 26 by Swanjaxs

You'll be surprised, with parachute payments coming in and sellable assets to move on there's a bit more flesh to pick off the bones most definitely

Yeah..And the club shares would plummet so hard it'll practically vanish.

Mawson to West Ham on 13:14 - Jun 26 with 3127 viewsShaky

Mawson to West Ham on 13:07 - Jun 26 by Swanjaxs

The only shareholders to have got any mnoney out of the club since the Kaplan took over, are Jenkins and Dinned drawing their moosive salaries.

That's a FACT.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Mawson to West Ham on 13:30 - Jun 26 with 3068 viewsLeonWasGod

Has he gone yet? They seem to be taking a long time if the deal was close.
Mawson to West Ham on 15:20 - Jun 26 with 2841 viewsLoyal

Mawson to West Ham on 13:30 - Jun 26 by LeonWasGod

Has he gone yet? They seem to be taking a long time if the deal was close.

Huw is famous for it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Mawson to West Ham on 15:36 - Jun 26 with 2795 viewshobo

Mawson to West Ham on 15:20 - Jun 26 by Loyal

Huw is famous for it.

True, but sounds like it's more of an issue with West Ham's finances than Huw on this occasion
Mawson to West Ham on 16:02 - Jun 26 with 2747 viewsthornabyswan

Mawson to West Ham on 15:36 - Jun 26 by hobo

True, but sounds like it's more of an issue with West Ham's finances than Huw on this occasion

Yes they stitch us up with Ayew.
Now want Mawson on the cheap.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Mawson to West Ham on 16:08 - Jun 26 with 2725 viewsTheKirkyLife

As long as we're keeping one of Mawson or Bartley I think we'll be just fine with Van der Hoorn stepping up to the plate early on.

If we can keep both? Excellent.
Mawson to West Ham on 16:16 - Jun 26 with 2708 viewsjasper_T

Mawson to West Ham on 12:51 - Jun 26 by Whiterockin

Amat's definitely already gone for the agreed fee with Betis.

A lot of deals are waiting on the end of the month.
Mawson to West Ham on 16:17 - Jun 26 with 2703 viewsmax936

Mawson to West Ham on 13:14 - Jun 26 by Shaky

The only shareholders to have got any mnoney out of the club since the Kaplan took over, are Jenkins and Dinned drawing their moosive salaries.

That's a FACT.

How the fuk is Dinnen drawing wages? didn't think he had any involvement now other than being a shareholder?

Pearlman is overseeing the Commercial side I though and he seems just as inept has Dinnen was/is.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mawson to West Ham on 16:29 - Jun 26 with 2677 viewsjasper_T

Mawson to West Ham on 13:00 - Jun 26 by awayjack

That the problem. Greedy ones will only reinvest a small proportion of players sales. Mawson is our only player value over £20m so I don't see even the Yanks seeking on the cheap.

Only a small portion of player sale income will be spent because most of it will be needed to cover the wage shortfall.
Mawson to West Ham on 17:19 - Jun 26 with 2585 viewsShaky

Mawson to West Ham on 16:17 - Jun 26 by max936

How the fuk is Dinnen drawing wages? didn't think he had any involvement now other than being a shareholder?

Pearlman is overseeing the Commercial side I though and he seems just as inept has Dinnen was/is.

Not sure Dineen is still drawing a salary to be fair, Max, but he certainly has been for a the time after Kaplan's takeover.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Mawson to West Ham on 20:44 - Jun 26 with 2353 viewsLoyal

Mawson to West Ham on 16:29 - Jun 26 by jasper_T

Only a small portion of player sale income will be spent because most of it will be needed to cover the wage shortfall.

Then the person agreeing those contracts should be sacked.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Mawson to West Ham on 21:22 - Jun 26 with 2282 viewsjasper_T

Mawson to West Ham on 20:44 - Jun 26 by Loyal

Every club that spends more than a year in the PL and then gets relegated faces a big deficit afterwards. That's why parachute payments were introduced. If we'd only spent a Championship budget on wages people here would have been screaming about cheapskate owners needing to spend more (hang on they do this anyway).

Yes he should be sacked because the players he gave contracts to are awful, but needing to sell a few players to get the books in order is perfectly normal unless you've got a moneybags backer willing to risk horrifying debt and FFP sanctions (Newcastle signed 12 players, increased their wage bill by £40m and made a £90m loss in a year).
Mawson to West Ham on 22:12 - Jun 26 with 2231 viewsWarwickHunt

Mawson to West Ham on 20:44 - Jun 26 by Loyal

Turkeys. Xmas. Voting.
Mawson to West Ham on 22:58 - Jun 26 with 2130 viewsChief

Mawson to West Ham on 17:19 - Jun 26 by Shaky

Not sure Dineen is still drawing a salary to be fair, Max, but he certainly has been for a the time after Kaplan's takeover.

He holds the position of 'vice-chairman' which I believe is a paid position?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Mawson to West Ham on 06:25 - Jun 27 with 1964 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 21:22 - Jun 26 by jasper_T

Every club that spends more than a year in the PL and then gets relegated faces a big deficit afterwards. That's why parachute payments were introduced. If we'd only spent a Championship budget on wages people here would have been screaming about cheapskate owners needing to spend more (hang on they do this anyway).

Yes he should be sacked because the players he gave contracts to are awful, but needing to sell a few players to get the books in order is perfectly normal unless you've got a moneybags backer willing to risk horrifying debt and FFP sanctions (Newcastle signed 12 players, increased their wage bill by £40m and made a £90m loss in a year).

The more established you become the larger that deficit will be of course and harder to balance the books barring an immediate bounce back.

The fact we have been one of the most successful promoted smaller clubs in recent history will of course take its toll upon inevitable and eventual relegation from the Premier League.

Victims of our own success currently.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Mawson to West Ham on 07:35 - Jun 27 with 1903 viewsswan65split

Victims of a total waste of money IMO just like what we wasted on A AYEW!
The sum wasted would probably be our total Debt!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024