Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mawson to West Ham 15:11 - Jun 14 with 67594 viewsandrew

Deal close. Sky sports breaking.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Mawson to West Ham on 22:41 - Jul 1 with 1503 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 22:38 - Jul 1 by Darran

Last season. You never disagreed with him once. Why?

I can’t remember call him saying it, but even if I did I would agree with him with regards to last season.

There is a difference between having the best squad ever assembled and being 2 points above the relegation zone and having the worst squad in the league and being 2 points off the relegation zone. One is an extreme under performance, the other an extreme over performance.

Surely even you could work that out?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Mawson to West Ham on 22:43 - Jul 1 with 1498 views34dfgdf54

Mawson to West Ham on 22:41 - Jul 1 by E20Jack

I can’t remember call him saying it, but even if I did I would agree with him with regards to last season.

There is a difference between having the best squad ever assembled and being 2 points above the relegation zone and having the worst squad in the league and being 2 points off the relegation zone. One is an extreme under performance, the other an extreme over performance.

Surely even you could work that out?

F*ck me you are comedy gold.
Mawson to West Ham on 22:45 - Jul 1 with 1481 viewsDarran

Mawson to West Ham on 22:43 - Jul 1 by 34dfgdf54

F*ck me you are comedy gold.

He’s a Troll,Mark. Always has been and always will be whatever username he uses.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Mawson to West Ham on 22:55 - Jul 1 with 1459 viewsE20Jack

So you both think that expectation levels are the same regardless of squad?

And that makes anyone who makes that common sense fact is a troll?

Certainly an interesting one. Some may call it desperate one, I will stick with interesting.

Mawson to West Ham on 23:21 - Jul 1 with 1408 viewsdobjack2

Mawson to West Ham on 22:55 - Jul 1 by E20Jack

Certainly an interesting one. Some may call it desperate one, I will stick with interesting.

Laudrup had to go. Monk steadied a ship that could have got into trouble.

Monk should never have had the job full time. That along with the changes in our recruitment that had already started were the beginning of the end. We changed our style, had the rub of the green in a few games and had our best finish.

Under monk when teams and managers worked us out we had no answers. Our style of play had gone and manager after manager was fire fighting alongside a recruitment policy that didn’t trust a manager that could be gone in a couple of months.

Our response to the threat of relegation made relegation a certainty. If we hadn’t gone down last season only more of the same was on the cards.

Awful football and little entertainment.
Mawson to West Ham on 23:26 - Jul 1 with 1390 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 23:21 - Jul 1 by dobjack2

Monk should never have had the job full time. That along with the changes in our recruitment that had already started were the beginning of the end. We changed our style, had the rub of the green in a few games and had our best finish.

Under monk when teams and managers worked us out we had no answers. Our style of play had gone and manager after manager was fire fighting alongside a recruitment policy that didn’t trust a manager that could be gone in a couple of months.

Our response to the threat of relegation made relegation a certainty. If we hadn’t gone down last season only more of the same was on the cards.

Very little to disagree with there.

You must be a troll too.

Mawson to West Ham on 23:31 - Jul 1 with 1374 viewsDarran

Mawson to West Ham on 23:21 - Jul 1 by dobjack2

I agree with most of that but were you gutted when we finished 8th in Monks first full season in charge?

Mawson to West Ham on 23:37 - Jul 1 with 1362 viewsKerouac

Mawson to West Ham on 12:07 - Jul 1 by E20Jack

Yes there was.

Our style evaporated under Laudrup, many doe eyed Laudrup fans don’t like to admit that though. It was long gone, hence the whole “principles eroding” comments. We were dire, utterly hopeless unable to string any passes together, lacked cohesion, lacked discipline and were completely and utterly rudderless.

When Monk came in he guided us to safety with ease, and then followed it up with an 8th place finish the highest of the modern era and second of all time as Lisa will confirm.

Monks ego took over and muddied the confused style of play, this combined with our ageing backbone that saw such great success started the decline. The almost impossible job of replacing that special backbone we had unltimately failed, with spiralling costs and off field drama we capitulated. Long after a club like ours was expected to. We peaked and naturally were falling off the other side.

Whether we have hit the bottom yet is still to be seen.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 12:27]

Well you have just confirmed that you know sweet f*ck all about football.

The style remained, Laudrup never attempted to play in another way despite the media, pundits, fans of other clubs and our own thick c*nts (like you) insisting that we weren't getting as good results as the year before because we;
"pass it sideways and backwards too much"
"Keep possession for possession's sake..."
"Take too many risks playing it out from the back..."
etc.

"unable to string any passes together"

We were on top in most games, regularly having 60%+ possession and more shots on goal.
We had Europa League (Thurs - Sat/Sun)...which did for far bigger clubs with far bigger budgets than us...an injury crisis (our first in donkey's years) and an incredibly tough run of fixtures (in the run leading to his sacking.

Despite this Laudrup had us 12th ("you CLAIM..." f*ck my eyes! It is a FACT)

He had us in touching distance of the top 10, 3 f*cking points! (we would have finished in the top 10 if he wasn't sacked IMO)

...and he had steered us through to the last 32 to face Napoli in the Europa League.

They were f*cking glory days...and then we shot ourselves in both f*cking knee caps to please Garry Monk and his cronies.

I tried to help the idiots (who had lost their nerve and were behaving like overexcited fannies) during that spell of 10 games or so before the sacking...tried to give them some perspective.
I then told the same idiots that we had just done something incredibly stupid which would have lasting consequences on the day of his sacking.
I then pointed out that Monk was dreadfully underqualified and also pointed out the deterioration in our play when people were getting on their knees to suck him off on the back of the luckiest 8th place finish I think I've ever seen...how many 1-0 wins against the run of play did we manage for Monk that year?

...and now here we are, a few years later, completely f*cked, as was predicted by people like me at the time...and every step of the way people like you and Res have been cheerleading each idiotic decision...and you are still at it!.
We could fall out of the league and fold and you would still be claiming we took the right decision that day the road forked and we chose "loud and proud" over intelligent, studious, classy, professional, gentleman who had seen and done it all.

Truly f*cking laughable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Login to get fewer ads

Mawson to West Ham on 00:04 - Jul 2 with 1321 viewsDarran

Mawson to West Ham on 23:37 - Jul 1 by Kerouac

The style remained, Laudrup never attempted to play in another way despite the media, pundits, fans of other clubs and our own thick c*nts (like you) insisting that we weren't getting as good results as the year before because we;
etc.

We were on top in most games, regularly having 60%+ possession and more shots on goal.
We had Europa League (Thurs - Sat/Sun)...which did for far bigger clubs with far bigger budgets than us...an injury crisis (our first in donkey's years) and an incredibly tough run of fixtures (in the run leading to his sacking.

He had us in touching distance of the top 10, 3 f*cking points! (we would have finished in the top 10 if he wasn't sacked IMO)

...and he had steered us through to the last 32 to face Napoli in the Europa League.

They were f*cking glory days...and then we shot ourselves in both f*cking knee caps to please Garry Monk and his cronies.

I tried to help the idiots (who had lost their nerve and were behaving like overexcited fannies) during that spell of 10 games or so before the sacking...tried to give them some perspective.
I then told the same idiots that we had just done something incredibly stupid which would have lasting consequences on the day of his sacking.
I then pointed out that Monk was dreadfully underqualified and also pointed out the deterioration in our play when people were getting on their knees to suck him off on the back of the luckiest 8th place finish I think I've ever seen...how many 1-0 wins against the run of play did we manage for Monk that year?

...and now here we are, a few years later, completely f*cked, as was predicted by people like me at the time...and every step of the way people like you and Res have been cheerleading each idiotic decision...and you are still at it!.
We could fall out of the league and fold and you would still be claiming we took the right decision that day the road forked and we chose "loud and proud" over intelligent, studious, classy, professional, gentleman who had seen and done it all.

Truly f*cking laughable.

So when we beat Man United 2-1 away the first game of Monks first full season in charge and then won a few more games for him to win manager of the month you were saying that were you?
No need to answer. lol
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 0:20]

Mawson to West Ham on 00:10 - Jul 2 with 1313 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 23:37 - Jul 1 by Kerouac

etc.

Truly f*cking laughable.

What you mean is ''You have stated some facts that have triggered me, but I am going to have a crack at arguing against them''.

The style did not remain, it evaporated. Attempting to have a style, and having a style are two differing things. You could be in charge of the club and attempt to play like 1970's Brazil, it wont mean the style of the side will be 1970's Brazil.

Don't be so naive. You are only in touching distance of 10th if you are showing the capability to get it, we picked up less than a point a game for the last 34 games, history suggests that as a result of that we were far closer to the foot of the table than 10th.

How do you claim we would have finished in the top 10 if he wasn't sacked? pure and utter rubbish, I have little doubt that we would have been a Championship club, we were floundering looking rudderless with no discipline or discernable style, we were awful. If we did manage to survive then it would have been by a whisker, again history and statistical data backs up that theory - certainly not your hare-brained one based on nothing at all.

The fact you are attributing to us being in the championship now - to you warning people who rightly were calling for Laudrups head is one of the funniest things I have read on here in a long while, and that takes some doing.

The fact we rightly sacked Laudrup ensured that we had an extra few seasons dining at the top table that I have no doubt we would not have had under his poisonous reign.

I suggest you dry your eyes as your tears clearly cant see the facts smacking you in the face. Moron.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 0:17]

Mawson to West Ham on 00:15 - Jul 2 with 1303 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 00:04 - Jul 2 by Darran

So when we beat Man United 2-1 away the first game of Monks first full season in charge and then won a few more games for him to win manager of the month you were saying that were you?
No need to answer. lol
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 0:20]

Don't be silly.

He was walking around with a sandwich board and a bell shouting ''The End IS Nigh, Laudrup Has Gone!''... the fact we went on to record our best ever finish of the modern era is a mere coincidence.

Our fall came when the likes of Britton, Williams, Rangel and Dyer who had made up almost half our side for the last decade started to have less and less impact on the field due to age. Replacing what they gave us was a task too much for most clubs to handle, let alone one with such a small operating budget.

But the thickos continue to take the result of that and attribute to anything that suits their agenda, the fact we performed perfectly well after said agenda pushed events is by the by... yet we never performed well once they all lost their ability to age. Almost like that is the real reason or something isn't it?

Weird.

Mawson to West Ham on 00:30 - Jul 2 with 1283 viewsKerouac

Mawson to West Ham on 00:10 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

What you mean is ''You have stated some facts that have triggered me, but I am going to have a crack at arguing against them''.

The style did not remain, it evaporated. Attempting to have a style, and having a style are two differing things. You could be in charge of the club and attempt to play like 1970's Brazil, it wont mean the style of the side will be 1970's Brazil.

Don't be so naive. You are only in touching distance of 10th if you are showing the capability to get it, we picked up less than a point a game for the last 34 games, history suggests that as a result of that we were far closer to the foot of the table than 10th.

How do you claim we would have finished in the top 10 if he wasn't sacked? pure and utter rubbish, I have little doubt that we would have been a Championship club, we were floundering looking rudderless with no discipline or discernable style, we were awful. If we did manage to survive then it would have been by a whisker, again history and statistical data backs up that theory - certainly not your hare-brained one based on nothing at all.

The fact you are attributing to us being in the championship now - to you warning people who rightly were calling for Laudrups head is one of the funniest things I have read on here in a long while, and that takes some doing.

The fact we rightly sacked Laudrup ensured that we had an extra few seasons dining at the top table that I have no doubt we would not have had under his poisonous reign.

I suggest you dry your eyes as your tears clearly cant see the facts smacking you in the face. Moron.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 0:17]

Why do I think we would have finished in the top 10?
That's simple;

- improving injury list
- improving fixture list
- imminent end to our participation in the Europa
- continued possession based, patient, attack minded football inevitable bearing fruit.

"Statistical data"!?!?
Someone else already pointed it out to you.
Average of a point a game = no relegation, 5pts clear of relegation actually.

"hare brained" - You have been proven wrong, just as you and Res were proved wrong last season, you'll never admit it because you are both f*cking idiots of the highest order.

I'm glad you found my post funny, I (and most other posters, judging by your rep and responses) find yours intensely boring.
Now f*ck off.

Mawson to West Ham on 00:49 - Jul 2 with 1266 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 00:30 - Jul 2 by Kerouac

Why do I think we would have finished in the top 10?
That's simple;

- improving injury list
- improving fixture list
- imminent end to our participation in the Europa
- continued possession based, patient, attack minded football inevitable bearing fruit.

"Statistical data"!?!?
Someone else already pointed it out to you.
Average of a point a game = no relegation, 5pts clear of relegation actually.

"hare brained" - You have been proven wrong, just as you and Res were proved wrong last season, you'll never admit it because you are both f*cking idiots of the highest order.

I'm glad you found my post funny, I (and most other posters, judging by your rep and responses) find yours intensely boring.
Now f*ck off.

''simple'' - Not quite, our line up in one of our worst showings against 10 man West Ham before he was rightly sacked was as follows:-

Tremmel (first choice)
Tiendalli (first choice interchanging with Rangel who was on the bench)
Davies (first choice)
Williams (first choice)
Chico (first choice)
Amat (Britton was on the bench rested)
Dyer (first choice)
De Guzman (first choice)
Bony (first choice)
Shelvey who got replaced by Hernandez (both first choice)
Routledge (used to share game with with Hernandez.

Do you know how many shots we had on target in that game against 10 men? Yep none. Not one.

Do you know how many Europa League games we had in the 10 weeks prior to that match? Yep none. Not one.

''Statistic data'' - Yes the statistical data showed we got LESS than a point a game in his last 34 games as manager, if that continued it would have given us 33 points. 33 points is what Norwich went down and 1 point more than what Fulham went down with. That is no reason to celebrate when we had the best squad we have assembled.

''Hare brained'' - Proven wrong about what exactly? I stated facts that were correct last season and continue to state facts that are correct this season. Feel free to put forward a case to the contrary and will happily make you look a fool once more.

''Funny'' - I am not here to entertain my good chum, I am here to talk sense and dent any bubbles of falsehood morons like you have built.

Over to you.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 0:52]

Mawson to West Ham on 00:51 - Jul 2 with 1262 viewsKerouac

Mawson to West Ham on 00:15 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

Don't be silly.

He was walking around with a sandwich board and a bell shouting ''The End IS Nigh, Laudrup Has Gone!''... the fact we went on to record our best ever finish of the modern era is a mere coincidence.

Our fall came when the likes of Britton, Williams, Rangel and Dyer who had made up almost half our side for the last decade started to have less and less impact on the field due to age. Replacing what they gave us was a task too much for most clubs to handle, let alone one with such a small operating budget.

But the thickos continue to take the result of that and attribute to anything that suits their agenda, the fact we performed perfectly well after said agenda pushed events is by the by... yet we never performed well once they all lost their ability to age. Almost like that is the real reason or something isn't it?

Weird.

Laudrup was planning for a future without Britton, Williams, Rangel, Dyer, Tate, Monk and Ki.
Some complete dewey eyed, sentimental, cretins thought it best that we appoint one of them as manager and dish out contracts all round instead.

Now we are down, have no saleable assets and haven't built a new side to replace that one.

Q. Who could have seen that coming huh?

A. Anyone with half a brain who didn't have their fingers in the till, that's who...oh, and Michael Laudrup, and me, and lots of other fans actually.

On our way up I often (at away games) ended up seated next tome mouth breather who would shout out inane criticism of our patient passing game OR scream at a GK/Def who passed the ball out in a tight spot rather than put his foot through it OR bore the pants off his neighbour on; "why we should give 2 up front another go"

I never thought we would start to listen to these people, I genuinely believed in the guff spouted by those at the club that we did things differently. Naïve I know.

I bet you were one of those mouth breathers.
I'd stake my fecking house on it.

The first time, THE VERY FIRST TIME IN YEARS, that we struck a sticky patch (under Laudrup, with the injury crisis and the fixture pile up around Christmas, against some of the richest clubs in the fecking world) you were all just waiting in the wings and seized your moment.
First the pundits criticised and then within weeks half of our own "fan"base got on board as well, they couldn't wait to rip it up...and it was then that I realised that we were just like any other club and that the stands were full of spoiled, demanding, entitled, know nothing c*nts just like anywhere else.

How so many sat through the years that we patiently built a continental style of football, on the cheap and didn't learn a f*cking thing God only knows.
You'd need to have had a lobotomy to think that Monk as manager and new contracts all round for the old boys was a good idea.

"... yet we never performed well once they all lost their ability to age. Almost like that is the real reason or something isn't it? "

Human beings get older, slower, and need replacing...yeah, weird

Mawson to West Ham on 01:06 - Jul 2 with 1254 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 00:51 - Jul 2 by Kerouac

Laudrup was planning for a future without Britton, Williams, Rangel, Dyer, Tate, Monk and Ki.
Some complete dewey eyed, sentimental, cretins thought it best that we appoint one of them as manager and dish out contracts all round instead.

Now we are down, have no saleable assets and haven't built a new side to replace that one.

Q. Who could have seen that coming huh?

A. Anyone with half a brain who didn't have their fingers in the till, that's who...oh, and Michael Laudrup, and me, and lots of other fans actually.

On our way up I often (at away games) ended up seated next tome mouth breather who would shout out inane criticism of our patient passing game OR scream at a GK/Def who passed the ball out in a tight spot rather than put his foot through it OR bore the pants off his neighbour on; "why we should give 2 up front another go"

I never thought we would start to listen to these people, I genuinely believed in the guff spouted by those at the club that we did things differently. Naïve I know.

I bet you were one of those mouth breathers.
I'd stake my fecking house on it.

The first time, THE VERY FIRST TIME IN YEARS, that we struck a sticky patch (under Laudrup, with the injury crisis and the fixture pile up around Christmas, against some of the richest clubs in the fecking world) you were all just waiting in the wings and seized your moment.
First the pundits criticised and then within weeks half of our own "fan"base got on board as well, they couldn't wait to rip it up...and it was then that I realised that we were just like any other club and that the stands were full of spoiled, demanding, entitled, know nothing c*nts just like anywhere else.

How so many sat through the years that we patiently built a continental style of football, on the cheap and didn't learn a f*cking thing God only knows.
You'd need to have had a lobotomy to think that Monk as manager and new contracts all round for the old boys was a good idea.

"... yet we never performed well once they all lost their ability to age. Almost like that is the real reason or something isn't it? "

Human beings get older, slower, and need replacing...yeah, weird

Yes he was. He bought Canas as replacement for Britton for a start (while Tutumlu reportedly creamed off 1.47m Euros for the transfer). The fact is Laudrup doesn't plan for any sort of future, he is a short term manager. Hence why he was here short term and things went to pot the longer he was here. 2 years tends to be his max, usually only a season - again why is that?

2002—2006 Brøndby
2007—2008 Getafe
2008—2009 Spartak Moscow
2010—2011 Mallorca
2012—2014 Swansea City
2014—2015 Lekhwiya
2016—present Al Rayyan

What do you mean we have no saleable assets? Alfie Mawson, Andre Ayew, Jordan Ayew, Federico Fernandez and Sam Clucas disagree with you - as did Fabianksi.

I love the fact you say ''fingers in the till'' and use it as a term not to describe Laudrups backroom team. You do realise that Tutumlu created a deal where he gets a slice of any sales right? You also realise we only used to really buy players he represented meaning he got any slice of sales too?

So when someone is essentially taxing our purchases and sales - how are we supposed to regenerate and replace then? This is what the thickos like yourself could not grasp and still cannot see.

That is why Huw Jenkins had to give him the boot. It was not a sustainable model and it became toxic both on and off the pitch.

The rest of your post is the type of ranting you would see scrawled on toilet walls with fingernails and blood. What has this Xmas fixtures got to do with anything? the form I have told you about spanned 34 games, crossing two seasons. It was pathetic.

Okay good you understand the fact that we started to wane when half our backbone started to get worse due to age. Great, nw you are getting somewhere. Now trace the decline back to that and you will get a smoother decline as opposed to tracing it back to Laudrups exit when we get an extreme upward trajectory. Then ask yourself why that is.

What an entertaining poster you are. Daft as a brush, but entertaining.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 4:35]

Mawson to West Ham on 01:09 - Jul 2 with 1245 viewsKerouac

Mawson to West Ham on 00:49 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

''simple'' - Not quite, our line up in one of our worst showings against 10 man West Ham before he was rightly sacked was as follows:-

Tremmel (first choice)
Tiendalli (first choice interchanging with Rangel who was on the bench)
Davies (first choice)
Williams (first choice)
Chico (first choice)
Amat (Britton was on the bench rested)
Dyer (first choice)
De Guzman (first choice)
Bony (first choice)
Shelvey who got replaced by Hernandez (both first choice)
Routledge (used to share game with with Hernandez.

Do you know how many shots we had on target in that game against 10 men? Yep none. Not one.

Do you know how many Europa League games we had in the 10 weeks prior to that match? Yep none. Not one.

''Statistic data'' - Yes the statistical data showed we got LESS than a point a game in his last 34 games as manager, if that continued it would have given us 33 points. 33 points is what Norwich went down and 1 point more than what Fulham went down with. That is no reason to celebrate when we had the best squad we have assembled.

''Hare brained'' - Proven wrong about what exactly? I stated facts that were correct last season and continue to state facts that are correct this season. Feel free to put forward a case to the contrary and will happily make you look a fool once more.

''Funny'' - I am not here to entertain my good chum, I am here to talk sense and dent any bubbles of falsehood morons like you have built.

Over to you.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 0:52]

"Do you know how many shots we had on target in that game against 10 men? Yep none. Not one. "

- Have you ever PLAYED football. When a team gets a man sent off early they usually go into their shell and put 10 men behind the ball, crowds of bodies in and around the box. This makes it difficult to score.
We had shots, a bad day at the office and none on target, but we had shots.

"Do you know how many Europa League games we had in the 10 weeks prior to that match? Yep none. Not one. "

- irrelevant as the Europa fixtures had already taken their toll on legs and the fixtures around the Christmas period still ensured that we were playing 2 games a week....during an injury crisis...and 5/6 of the 10 teams we faced were amongst the best in the country.

"''Statistic data'' - Yes the statistical data showed we got LESS than a point a game in his last 34 games as manager"

- Last 34 games? We weren't 34 games into our season.
Oh!!!!!!! In order to counter the fact that statistical data put up by another poster earlier (proving that we weren't "destined" for relegation that year) you are including games from THE PREVIOUS SEASON, WHICH INCLUDED A PERIOD WHERE WE HAD JUST WON OUR FIRST EVER MAJOR TROPHY AND SUBSEQUENTLY TOOK OUR FOOT OFF THE GAS DURING THE RUN IN. How dishonest of you.

"''Funny'' - I am not here to entertain my good chum, I am here to talk sense and dent any bubbles of falsehood morons like you have built."

- we all know you are not interested in "entertaining" you boring monotonous c*nt...and on that note I'm out, as I have said all that needs to be said and, unlike you, don't need 20 pages of repeating myself until everyone loses the will to live and stops replying (that's how you think a debate is won isn't it )

Mawson to West Ham on 01:20 - Jul 2 with 1236 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 01:09 - Jul 2 by Kerouac

"Do you know how many shots we had on target in that game against 10 men? Yep none. Not one. "

- Have you ever PLAYED football. When a team gets a man sent off early they usually go into their shell and put 10 men behind the ball, crowds of bodies in and around the box. This makes it difficult to score.
We had shots, a bad day at the office and none on target, but we had shots.

"Do you know how many Europa League games we had in the 10 weeks prior to that match? Yep none. Not one. "

- irrelevant as the Europa fixtures had already taken their toll on legs and the fixtures around the Christmas period still ensured that we were playing 2 games a week....during an injury crisis...and 5/6 of the 10 teams we faced were amongst the best in the country.

"''Statistic data'' - Yes the statistical data showed we got LESS than a point a game in his last 34 games as manager"

- Last 34 games? We weren't 34 games into our season.
Oh!!!!!!! In order to counter the fact that statistical data put up by another poster earlier (proving that we weren't "destined" for relegation that year) you are including games from THE PREVIOUS SEASON, WHICH INCLUDED A PERIOD WHERE WE HAD JUST WON OUR FIRST EVER MAJOR TROPHY AND SUBSEQUENTLY TOOK OUR FOOT OFF THE GAS DURING THE RUN IN. How dishonest of you.

"''Funny'' - I am not here to entertain my good chum, I am here to talk sense and dent any bubbles of falsehood morons like you have built."

- we all know you are not interested in "entertaining" you boring monotonous c*nt...and on that note I'm out, as I have said all that needs to be said and, unlike you, don't need 20 pages of repeating myself until everyone loses the will to live and stops replying (that's how you think a debate is won isn't it )

''Have you ever played football? Its hard to score against 10 men''

Yes I have and watched it for decades. What we should do then, when we are winning - get a man sent off and the opponent will never be able to get a shot on target... right? Or do you think it is a pretty obvious statement to say less men means a distinct disadvantage, which is why nobody does it? I am not saying we didn't score, I am saying we couldn't muster a shot on target. Quite the difference, moron.

''Europa games had already taken their toll - irrelevant''

Not irrelevant at all. we had played 6 extra games and rotated heavily. If we had an injury crisis then when we came through that players should have been fresh. But we weren't, we were awful.

''Statistical data''

Yes last 34 games. The form spanned two seasons as I clearly stated, if that is dishonest then I must have to assume what you mean is that the stat hurts your point. We went awful from the cup win. That spanned a year of real time, it was not ''form''. We amassed 30 points in 34 games, to dismiss that as ''taking our foot off the gas'' is indicative of the manager, a shocking approach to the season, and clearly did not have the ability to snuff that notion out.

''entertaining''

I would much prefer to bore people being accurate and correct with excellent insight than bore people with awfully thought out and biased opinions that fly in the face of all data and evidence.

You have only one option but to cut and run, just like all the other idiots that try and take on facts with subjective, ill thought out nonsense.

You have no leg to stand on and no point at all other than emotional and deluded tripe.

Off you pop then.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 1:22]

Mawson to West Ham on 01:50 - Jul 2 with 1215 viewsE20Jack

Let's remind ourselves of the deal and the situation where Laudrup only wanted to sign Tutumlu managed players in order for his agent to cream off sales and purchases at the clubs expense, stunting any chance of reinvesting and replacing players adequately... which is why Huw recognised this would only be a short terms solution... which was proven correct.

Huw Jenkins deal with Bayrum Tutumlu by NeathJack 6 Dec 2016 17:41
Doesn't make pretty reading. Were the rest of the board aware of such an agreement?

http://i64.tinypic.com/29ndle9.jpg

[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 1:54]

Mawson to West Ham on 03:07 - Jul 2 with 1190 viewsmajorraglan

Mawson to West Ham on 22:31 - Jul 1 by Darran

I sit next to the dugout and I’m far from a body language expert but to say Laudrup had lost interest is an understatement.

Maybe he had lost interest because of the alleged cliques and issues behind the scenes, and, maybe the reason Tutumulu was allegedly trying to sell Ash Williams was because of “issues” within the squad.

We may find out, but we may not. The bounce from Monks appointment was very good, but as time passed things waned and he ultimately got sacked. The club has been in a downward spiral for about 4 years, les hope GP can change things.

Edit typo predictive text
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 10:09]
Mawson to West Ham on 03:40 - Jul 2 with 1179 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 03:07 - Jul 2 by majorraglan

Maybe he had lost interest because of the alleged cliques and issues behind the scenes, and, maybe the reason Tutumulu was allegedly trying to sell Ash Williams was because of “issues” within the squad.

We may find out, but we may not. The bounce from Monks appointment was very good, but as time passed things waned and he ultimately got sacked. The club has been in a downward spiral for about 4 years, les hope GP can change things.

Edit typo predictive text
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 10:09]

Yeah he certainly wasn't trying to sell him because he earned 7.5% from the sale, he had the good of the club at heart. Lovely agent he was.

Laudrup has been disinterested in nearly every club he has been to.

Laudrup and Tutumlu were there to take the club for whatever they could.

Mawson to West Ham on 06:34 - Jul 2 with 1124 views34dfgdf54

Mawson to West Ham on 22:55 - Jul 1 by E20Jack

How were expectations different?

So the squad Laudrup built, on a shoestring, was the best we have ever had. But the squad afterwards, where Jenkins oversaw recruitment, and spent millions and millions of pounds in doing so, was our weakest....

But you slag Laudrup off and hail Jenkins Lol! Fair dos.
Mawson to West Ham on 06:35 - Jul 2 with 1122 viewsdobjack2

Mawson to West Ham on 23:31 - Jul 1 by Darran

I agree with most of that but were you gutted when we finished 8th in Monks first full season in charge?

Pleased with the position but concerned about the type of football that had got us there and the way we were going. Our “unique selling point” that which made us different to other clubs was vanishing at a rate of knots.

If we were not different then we were the same as a number of other clubs who had greater resources - more money than us even if their money was in the way of loans - and that was a big concern.
Mawson to West Ham on 06:44 - Jul 2 with 1116 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 06:34 - Jul 2 by 34dfgdf54

How were expectations different?

So the squad Laudrup built, on a shoestring, was the best we have ever had. But the squad afterwards, where Jenkins oversaw recruitment, and spent millions and millions of pounds in doing so, was our weakest....

But you slag Laudrup off and hail Jenkins Lol! Fair dos.

You dont think expectations were different last year to the year we were in the Europa League? Are you really making that claim?

I have told you why our squad weakened. It was an inevitability. Laudrup had the luxury of nearly half the squad being the backbone of our success and in their prime. Monk still lived off that too which is why he recorded our highest ever league position in the modern era.

Once the core of our team was on the wane, we found it increasingly hard. Laudrup tried to replace Britton with Canas before realising it was a stupid idea, yet had the luxury to call Britton back to cover that error. Managers after Monk didn't have that luxury. Same goes for Rangel, Dyer and Williams.

Mawson to West Ham on 06:45 - Jul 2 with 1115 viewsE20Jack

Mawson to West Ham on 06:35 - Jul 2 by dobjack2

Pleased with the position but concerned about the type of football that had got us there and the way we were going. Our “unique selling point” that which made us different to other clubs was vanishing at a rate of knots.

If we were not different then we were the same as a number of other clubs who had greater resources - more money than us even if their money was in the way of loans - and that was a big concern.

Monkball in that first year was better than anything we saw in the year we sacked Laudrup.

Mawson to West Ham on 07:38 - Jul 2 with 1079 viewskarnataka

Mawson to West Ham on 06:45 - Jul 2 by E20Jack

Monkball in that first year was better than anything we saw in the year we sacked Laudrup.

Define "better"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024