Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
players and positions 23:54 - Jun 14 with 3384 viewsowainglyndwr

Realistically what do we need and at what sort of cost.
At this moment in time I think 2 right backs 1 left back a keeper , left and right wingers and a striker.
About 50 million in total.
players and positions on 00:13 - Jun 15 with 2255 viewsjasper_T

We got relegated mate we're not spending 50 million quid.
players and positions on 00:22 - Jun 15 with 2242 viewsomarjack

This question gets asked often but I'll reply the same

I think we need about 7 signings

Centre-Back:6 m
2nd Centre-Back who can perhaps play as a Defensive Midfielder:3 m
Playmaker (Attacking Midfielder who can also play on the wings):8 m
CMF (Central Midfielder who can play on the wings as well :1 m (Aiesh from Ostersunds perhaps?)
Winger:(loan)
Another Winger:2 m (Sema from Ostersunds?)
Centre Forward:5 m (Ghoddos from Ostersunds?)

total:25 m

Of course we might get more loans and freebies and save costs somehow. But imo we won't be spending much more than 25 m (also how the 25 m is going to be spent is just speculation and could very much change)

50 m is a dream. we'd practically have bought the Championship title.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 0:23]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

players and positions on 06:16 - Jun 15 with 2170 viewsWhiterockin

Purely on the full back situation, I think Roberts and Olsson would be fine as first choice. Back up I would consider offering Rangel a one year contract as he still wants to play and Clucas can cover as left back in an emergency. Possibly sign one who can cover in either position.

Edit
You are nuts if you think we are going to spend £50M in the Championship. Half that and we will be doing well.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 6:23]
players and positions on 08:07 - Jun 15 with 2103 viewsowainglyndwr

players and positions on 06:16 - Jun 15 by Whiterockin

Purely on the full back situation, I think Roberts and Olsson would be fine as first choice. Back up I would consider offering Rangel a one year contract as he still wants to play and Clucas can cover as left back in an emergency. Possibly sign one who can cover in either position.

Edit
You are nuts if you think we are going to spend £50M in the Championship. Half that and we will be doing well.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 6:23]

Sorry didn't put it across clearly
The 50 million. Is a ball park figure which realistically we would need to spend, especially the player we are about to lose
To also add depth and a bit of class to the squad if we have any aspirations of a Premiership return.
But yes I know there is no way on earth that amount would be spent.
players and positions on 08:56 - Jun 15 with 2049 viewsMagic_Michu

1 new back up centre back (Fernandez & Bartley to start season as first choice)
1 new right back (not urgent considering Roberts emergence)
1 new centre midfielder (someone in Britton / Allen mould)
1 new attacking midfielder / Forward (Ghoddos looks perfect)
2 new wingers (Sema)

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

players and positions on 09:02 - Jun 15 with 2042 viewslifelong

A player who can create goal scoring chances and a couple of players who can score from them would be a good start.
players and positions on 09:09 - Jun 15 with 2028 viewsyescomeon

Depending on who goes I don't think we need much at all. Some creativity in midfield, a striker if McBurnie goes. Maybe a left back.

That's said in the expectaion the Fabianski, Mawson, Fernandez, Ayew and Ayew leave, and the hope that Bony leaves.

Upthecity!

players and positions on 11:19 - Jun 15 with 1964 viewsMagic_Michu

I have it on good authority that Fernandez is staying which would be huge for us.

A fit Bony would tear up the championship...to be fair to him... he looks like he’s doing everything to get into shape.

Login to get fewer ads

players and positions on 11:29 - Jun 15 with 1945 viewsLeonWasGod

players and positions on 00:13 - Jun 15 by jasper_T

We got relegated mate we're not spending 50 million quid.

I think people are going to be in for a shock. We'll not be replicating Boro, Derby or Villla and splashing the cash around. Last time we were in this league £0.5m was a record signing for us. We can go above that now, but I bet it won't be by much. We'll be lucky to get a Huw £5m special.
players and positions on 11:35 - Jun 15 with 1928 viewsomarjack

players and positions on 11:19 - Jun 15 by Magic_Michu

I have it on good authority that Fernandez is staying which would be huge for us.

A fit Bony would tear up the championship...to be fair to him... he looks like he’s doing everything to get into shape.

Good authority? I pray this is not what you call your private parts. Because if Fede and partnered with VDH would probably be the best CB partnership in the league.

A fit Bony is kind of a paradox. Plus his wages (even if he has a 50% reduction clause) are too big for a gamble like him. We want a striker who can play most of fixtures,We really can't afford to pay 3 m/year on a man with clutches.

players and positions on 12:13 - Jun 15 with 1874 viewsMagic_Michu

players and positions on 11:35 - Jun 15 by omarjack

Good authority? I pray this is not what you call your private parts. Because if Fede and partnered with VDH would probably be the best CB partnership in the league.

A fit Bony is kind of a paradox. Plus his wages (even if he has a 50% reduction clause) are too big for a gamble like him. We want a striker who can play most of fixtures,We really can't afford to pay 3 m/year on a man with clutches.

Nope... from one of the sellouts. Not naming which one.

players and positions on 12:21 - Jun 15 with 1856 viewsJoshTheJack

players and positions on 11:35 - Jun 15 by omarjack

Didn't have Wilf down as a purse guy.
Agree 100% though.
players and positions on 12:49 - Jun 15 with 1818 viewsomarjack

players and positions on 12:13 - Jun 15 by Magic_Michu

Nope... from one of the sellouts. Not naming which one.

And I'm not interested to know the details.

It's just,There are still a month and a half to sort things out. And just because him or his agent gave verbal agreement to stay or whatever it doesn't make it true. He's still yet to receive offers. I can imagine many clubs all over Europe wanting him (Especially since he'll probably be on a cut price of 5-6 m).

With the right offer from a top flight team and he'll probably go imo. Matching his Championship wages after deduction or even offering more will not be an issue for many clubs.

I mean if one of the top 8 in Italy,Spain,Germany,he top 6 in France or the top 3 clubs in Portugal wanted him (which I think it's a possibility) would he really stay?

players and positions on 13:39 - Jun 15 with 1786 viewsSgorioFruit

Have we offloaded Naughton yet?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

players and positions on 16:06 - Jun 15 with 1714 viewsJango

If we keep Fernandez Bartley and VDH along with Roberts and Olson I think we’d have easily the strongest defence in the league. No need to buy any defenders either, just blood a few youth. Rodon and Lewis surely get a chance. Any money available from sales would be far better used further up field.
players and positions on 16:15 - Jun 15 with 1703 viewsone_upmanship

players and positions on 16:06 - Jun 15 by Jango

If we keep Fernandez Bartley and VDH along with Roberts and Olson I think we’d have easily the strongest defence in the league. No need to buy any defenders either, just blood a few youth. Rodon and Lewis surely get a chance. Any money available from sales would be far better used further up field.

Spot on 👍🏻
players and positions on 16:31 - Jun 15 with 1694 viewsBadlands

players and positions on 16:06 - Jun 15 by Jango

Yep.
Naughton
Amat
with
* one other as cover at left back
* Please invest in midfielders who can read a game, pass and move. (would Carroll do at Championship level?)
Keep
McBurnie, Andre (if wages aren't a constraint) same with Borja + *one loaned striker.
Wingers
Hopefully Sema, Dyer, (Narsingh to stay?) Routledge + *one loanee and introduce under23s (James, Gorre.
Midfield
Fer (if fit), Carroll might be ok at this level, Maric (IMO is good enough to bring along)
*Otherwise Five please
Paid for from
Sale / reduced wages of Mawson, Fab, Clucas, Mesa, Bony, Jordan which could bring in around £40 - 50 million after sell on clause have been paid.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

players and positions on 17:19 - Jun 15 with 1656 viewsJackBaston

I'd be happy with a lot of the players we have already

Nordfeldt/Mulder
Naughton/Roberts
Bartley/V d Hoorn/Rodon
Olsson/Clucas
Fer/Carrol/Fulton/Grimes
Dyer/Routledge/Narsingh/James
Bony/Mcburnie

I'd really like us to look at Graham Carey from Plymouth, i've been suggesting him for over a year, very Sigurdsson like, great set piece taker, scores long range shots, been best player in both league 2 and league 1, 28 i think he is

and maybe a few loans to bulk team up
and then Fab, Mawson, Fernandez, Amat, Mesa, Montero, J Ayew, A Ayew, Borja can all be sold
players and positions on 17:25 - Jun 15 with 1650 viewsjacabertawe

A fit Rangel is still our best attacking back and should be offered a new short contract.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

players and positions on 17:32 - Jun 15 with 1640 viewsairedale

With the transfer window closing earlier this year, July will be interesting Imo.
players and positions on 17:38 - Jun 15 with 1634 viewsJackBaston

players and positions on 17:32 - Jun 15 by airedale

With the transfer window closing earlier this year, July will be interesting Imo.

for the prem
players and positions on 17:59 - Jun 15 with 1601 viewsairedale

players and positions on 17:38 - Jun 15 by JackBaston

for the prem

Oh.
players and positions on 18:04 - Jun 15 with 1593 viewsFlashberryjack

£200 million, £100 million, £50 million, £25 million, £10 million or even £5 million it doesn't really matter how much we have to spend on transfers.

If the same person responsible for all the recent sh*te signings is still in charge, then expect more of the same, only much cheaper and much more crappier signings.

If you send a chimp shopping don't complain when he comes back with a bunch of bananas.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

players and positions on 18:07 - Jun 15 with 1585 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We don’t need many
We have a squad full of championship players

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

players and positions on 18:11 - Jun 15 with 1569 viewsFlashberryjack

players and positions on 18:07 - Jun 15 by oh_tommy_tommy

We don’t need many
We have a squad full of championship players

You really think they're that good ?

Hello