Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Upskirting 16:20 - Jun 15 with 10723 viewsJackfath

Why would the Tory MP block this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44496427

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Upskirting (n/t) on 21:23 - Jun 15 with 2285 viewscontroversial_jack

Upskirting (n/t) on 21:13 - Jun 15 by Senhin

Just saying, that the law allows you to take pictures of anything you like in public , it's not my opinion, it's the law. There is a new bill to make it illegal to upskirt ,apparently it's been blocked for whatever reason.
Upskirting (n/t) on 21:57 - Jun 15 with 2243 viewslondonlisa2001

Upskirting (n/t) on 21:23 - Jun 15 by controversial_jack

Just saying, that the law allows you to take pictures of anything you like in public , it's not my opinion, it's the law. There is a new bill to make it illegal to upskirt ,apparently it's been blocked for whatever reason.

Yeah, your opinion is it’s a bit naughty.

Like throwing a bag on the pavement type stuff.

Or not telling the shop if they’ve given you too much change.

No big deal. After all, what are these women thinking of, wearing clothes that allow your basic, minding their own business, pervy creep to shove a phone up their skirt?

Bloody women. Moan, moan, moan.
Upskirting (n/t) on 22:03 - Jun 15 with 2224 viewscontroversial_jack

Upskirting (n/t) on 21:57 - Jun 15 by londonlisa2001

No big deal. After all, what are these women thinking of, wearing clothes that allow your basic, minding their own business, pervy creep to shove a phone up their skirt?

Going to have to ignore you for those comments
Upskirting (n/t) on 22:03 - Jun 15 with 2223 viewsbluey_the_blue

Upskirting (n/t) on 21:57 - Jun 15 by londonlisa2001

True dat, Lisa. Mind, there's a correlation between marriage and women moaning ;)

As for the Tory MP... he objects to every private members bill. Seems he has a problem with that approach more than the individual issue, of course that wouldn't be the reality portrayed in the media.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 22:03]
Upskirting on 22:09 - Jun 15 with 2192 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

VOTE TORY

You’ll love it

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Upskirting (n/t) on 22:12 - Jun 15 with 2186 viewslondonlisa2001

Upskirting (n/t) on 22:03 - Jun 15 by controversial_jack

I’ll try to cope with the loss.
Upskirting (n/t) (n/t) on 22:12 - Jun 15 with 2186 viewsSwanzay

Upskirting (n/t) on 22:03 - Jun 15 by controversial_jack

[Post edited 15 Jun 2018 22:13]
Upskirting on 22:17 - Jun 15 with 2162 viewsbluey_the_blue

Upskirting on 22:09 - Jun 15 by oh_tommy_tommy

VOTE TORY

You’ll love it

Cool, so isolating a single politician means you can damn an entire party.

So based on that, Tommy accepts his beloved Labour is an anti-semitic party...
Login to get fewer ads

Upskirting on 22:17 - Jun 15 with 2162 viewsSwanzay

Upskirting on 16:50 - Jun 15 by controversial_jack

It may be classed as voyeurism, but the way the law looks at is, if you wish to wear revealing clothes in public, expect to be looked at

So if a family member was "upskirted" you would blame them?
Upskirting (n/t) on 22:18 - Jun 15 with 2154 viewslondonlisa2001

Upskirting (n/t) on 22:03 - Jun 15 by bluey_the_blue

True dat, Lisa. Mind, there's a correlation between marriage and women moaning ;)

As for the Tory MP... he objects to every private members bill. Seems he has a problem with that approach more than the individual issue, of course that wouldn't be the reality portrayed in the media.

I know.

He’s done it twice today.

Political posturing being put before the safety of women in order to boost his own fragile sense of self doesn’t cut it with me as a valid explanation I’m afraid.

It’s a shame he doesn’t have the same level of rigour when dealing with his own expenses claims.

He’s a disgusting, slimy little pig, an embarrassment to his party and and an embarrassment to his office. One can only hope his constituents feel the same.
Upskirting on 22:20 - Jun 15 with 2152 viewsbluey_the_blue

Upskirting on 22:17 - Jun 15 by Swanzay

So if a family member was "upskirted" you would blame them?

Don't think anyone rationale would blame the victim for "upskirting". That's a deliberate act with intent.
Upskirting (n/t) on 22:35 - Jun 15 with 2130 viewsJackSomething

Upskirting (n/t) on 22:03 - Jun 15 by bluey_the_blue

Much as I hate to side with the MP who apparently didn't even know what upskirting was, I have to agree with Bluey here. Something which happens very rarely!

He objects to every private members bill, I believe because he thinks every bill should be properly debated before it's passed into law. Whether you agree with him or not, it's a bit hypocritical for him to be pilloried for it this time when no-one seems overly bothered the many other times he's done it.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Upskirting on 22:54 - Jun 15 with 2104 viewsSirjohnalot

Upskirting on 16:33 - Jun 15 by Highjack

The article explains why he objected.

But surely it’s already a criminal offence?

Not as such.

I've successfully prosecuted cases of up skirting, but it's not easy.There are two possible ways in which you can prosecute someone for it

1. Voyeurism.

This is a possible way but is restricted as has to be of someone doing a private act, such as going to the toilet (believe me it happens) or in a dressing room in a shop for example.

2. Outraging Public Decency

This is the better of the two as can be in public, but has to be someone where two or more people are capable of seeing it happening (don't have to be witnesses just present) Problem with this is that if the person that take the picture and the victim are alone in an office eg, it doesn't cover it.

Legislation will come into force, it'll just take a while longer.
Upskirting on 23:36 - Jun 15 with 2064 viewsexiledclaseboy

Upskirting on 20:20 - Jun 15 by controversial_jack

If you put yourself in public view wearing skimpy clothing then it's you who is responsible for doing that and not the people looking at you. Admittedly, taking pics looking up someones skirt is a bit naughty and would probably be classed as voyeurism. It would be like going naked on a beach, nobody forced you to take your clothes off and you would be responsible not the person looking at you.

Jesus f*cking Christ.

Poll: Tory leader

Upskirting on 23:48 - Jun 15 with 2052 viewsexiledclaseboy

Chope is an odd fella. I doubt he’s a pervert, although you never know. But he does consistently object to and block any private member’s bill that has the “surreptitious” backing of the government of the day (Handout Bill). His objections have nothing to do with the content of the bill, it’s purely about the handout bill process. He sees it as an underhanded way of the government getting legislation on the statute with little or no parliamentary scrutiny. He’s blocked a few bills I’ve had some dealings with over the years. He might not have thought the consequences of this particular block through but he probably did and decided it was fine. As I said, odd fella.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 0:14]

Upskirting (n/t) on 23:53 - Jun 15 with 2046 viewsexiledclaseboy

Upskirting (n/t) on 22:35 - Jun 15 by JackSomething

Much as I hate to side with the MP who apparently didn't even know what upskirting was, I have to agree with Bluey here. Something which happens very rarely!

He objects to every private members bill, I believe because he thinks every bill should be properly debated before it's passed into law. Whether you agree with him or not, it's a bit hypocritical for him to be pilloried for it this time when no-one seems overly bothered the many other times he's done it.

He doesn’t object to every private member’s bill. He objects to every private member’s bill that the government of the day (regardless of party) supports.

N/A. on 03:01 - Jun 16 with 1966 viewsHuw57

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 21:32]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Upskirting on 03:24 - Jun 16 with 1961 viewsphact0rri

taking a photo of someone's private delicates without permission should be illegal not even sure why this is a conversation.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Upskirting on 07:28 - Jun 16 with 1916 viewsBrynCartwright

Upskirting on 03:24 - Jun 16 by phact0rri

taking a photo of someone's private delicates without permission should be illegal not even sure why this is a conversation.

I've never heard them called that before! Tee Hee.

I can understand why the old codger carte blanche objects to laws passing without debate, but surely, he should treat each one on its merits, and in this case he got it completely wrong.

Don't fret though; May will get it pushed through after a little word in his shell-like.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Upskirting (n/t) on 08:22 - Jun 16 with 1885 viewspeenemunde

Upskirting (n/t) on 22:35 - Jun 15 by JackSomething

Exactly, and you know this MP is correct when a feminist fascist and snowflake like Lisa calls him a pig.
Upskirting (n/t) on 08:31 - Jun 16 with 1871 viewspeenemunde

Upskirting (n/t) on 21:23 - Jun 15 by controversial_jack

The law does allow you to any pic in public, but what you are claiming is wrong.
You cannot take a picture of so called “up skirting” , just as you can’t take pictures of let’s say children in a school play ground.

People who engage in this “up skirting” are perverts and should face at least 10 yrs in prison.
More perverts off our streets the better.
Upskirting (n/t) on 09:49 - Jun 16 with 1805 viewsJackSomething

Upskirting (n/t) on 08:22 - Jun 16 by peenemunde

Exactly, and you know this MP is correct when a feminist fascist and snowflake like Lisa calls him a pig.

Do me a favour and never agree with me again, you misogynistic f*ckwit. It's a thoroughly unpleasant feeling.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Upskirting (n/t) on 10:40 - Jun 16 with 1758 viewspeenemunde

Upskirting (n/t) on 09:49 - Jun 16 by JackSomething

Do me a favour and never agree with me again, you misogynistic f*ckwit. It's a thoroughly unpleasant feeling.

I’m not agreeing with you, where have i said I’m agreeing with you.
I’m agreeing with the MP.

Snowflake.
Upskirting (n/t) on 10:50 - Jun 16 with 1745 viewscontroversial_jack

Upskirting (n/t) on 08:31 - Jun 16 by peenemunde

The law does allow you to any pic in public, but what you are claiming is wrong.
You cannot take a picture of so called “up skirting” , just as you can’t take pictures of let’s say children in a school play ground.

People who engage in this “up skirting” are perverts and should face at least 10 yrs in prison.
More perverts off our streets the better.

Actually you can take pics of children in a playground, it's not against the law, look it up. As i tried to explain earlier. but mass hysteria derailed the thread. The way the law looks at it is, you are responsible for the way you are in a public place, as there is no expectation of privacy in a public place.

Children are under the age of responsibility so the parents are responsible for putting the children into a public area. Don't shoot the messenger, it's just how the law is.

Do I think up skirting is right, no of course not as I have daughters and granddaughters, but that message seems to have been lost in here.
Upskirting (n/t) on 11:14 - Jun 16 with 1733 viewspeenemunde

Upskirting (n/t) on 10:50 - Jun 16 by controversial_jack

Actually you can take pics of children in a playground, it's not against the law, look it up. As i tried to explain earlier. but mass hysteria derailed the thread. The way the law looks at it is, you are responsible for the way you are in a public place, as there is no expectation of privacy in a public place.

Children are under the age of responsibility so the parents are responsible for putting the children into a public area. Don't shoot the messenger, it's just how the law is.

Do I think up skirting is right, no of course not as I have daughters and granddaughters, but that message seems to have been lost in here.

That’s nonsense.
Expect to be arrested if you take pictures of children in a school play ground.
You may not be charged, but If you keep turning up taking pictures, you could get done under section 5 of the public order act.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024