Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jolly Sailor pub Burton 20:07 - Jun 15 with 2838 viewsdickythorpe

If any of you are down Pembroke/Neyland area etc over the summer I would thoroughly recommend this pub/restaurant with great outdoor area looking out to the haven below the cleddau bridge.

Also went to Stackpole Quay and walked to barafundle beach. Drove on to village and the Stackpole Inn was closed!!!

Lovely areas to visit and if you drive past Tenby and through Penally there are some nice looking villages with quality pub/restaurants
Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 20:17 - Jun 15 with 2824 viewslifelong

Visit the area quite often, Neyland Yaught Club do a very nice Sunday lunch. Haven’t been to the Jolly Sailor, will try it this year.
Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 20:27 - Jun 15 with 2805 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.jollysailorburton.co.uk
Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 20:30 - Jun 15 with 2800 viewsNeath_Jack

Is that the one right down by the river, with what looks like a little jetty coming from it? If so, how do you get down to it? I've looked at it hundreds of times whilst going over the bridge.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 20:38 - Jun 15 with 2783 viewsdickythorpe

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 20:30 - Jun 15 by Neath_Jack

Is that the one right down by the river, with what looks like a little jetty coming from it? If so, how do you get down to it? I've looked at it hundreds of times whilst going over the bridge.

When you cross the bridge (Pembroke Dock to Neyland direction) it's the first turn right after you leave the bridge. It is signposted along with the "Beggars Reach" restaurant and Burton village.
Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 21:30 - Jun 15 with 2737 viewsBrynCartwright

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 20:17 - Jun 15 by lifelong

Visit the area quite often, Neyland Yaught Club do a very nice Sunday lunch. Haven’t been to the Jolly Sailor, will try it this year.

A massive plus about being a Sailing Club member anywhere in the world is you can saunter into any sailing club, anywhere, sign the guest book and be embraced by the brethren, use all the facilities and generally act like a Little Lord Fauntelroy. Used to have some great times at Salcombe Sailing Club back in the day, just because I sailed out of Oldbury On Severn.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 21:43 - Jun 15 with 2722 viewsdickythorpe

Bryn, you can sail to this pub as it has its own pontoon. Brilliant!
Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 21:53 - Jun 15 with 2709 viewsBrynCartwright

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 21:43 - Jun 15 by dickythorpe

Bryn, you can sail to this pub as it has its own pontoon. Brilliant!

Luvverly Jubberly. Just wish I still had my old dinghy. Long gone in the detritis of divorce alas, but the knowledge never dies.

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 21:58 - Jun 15 with 2703 viewsBrynCartwright

Looks very nice Dicky. Love it.

https://www.jollysailorburton.co.uk/

Login to get fewer ads

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 22:50 - Jun 15 with 2668 viewsjack_lord

whats the name of the pub on the other side?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 22:55 - Jun 15 with 2663 viewsdickythorpe

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 22:50 - Jun 15 by jack_lord

whats the name of the pub on the other side?

The Ferry Inn, Pembroke Dock
Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 00:34 - Jun 16 with 2616 viewsjack_lord

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 22:55 - Jun 15 by dickythorpe

The Ferry Inn, Pembroke Dock

Thanks, being in work stops me enjoying these gems properly. I found that one and wanted to stay a while.

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 12:08 - Jun 16 with 2513 viewsdickythorpe

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 00:34 - Jun 16 by jack_lord

Thanks, being in work stops me enjoying these gems properly. I found that one and wanted to stay a while.

I've had my shifts rearranged and I get a Tuesday off every 3 weeks after working a weekend.
With this time off I want to visit places that I never would get a chance to on a weekend.
Had an annual leave day yesterday, always like to book an odd Friday every couple of months just to extend the weekend.
Pembs and gower are amazing places with something for all. Just explore.
Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 20:20 - Jun 16 with 2438 viewsjack_lord

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 12:08 - Jun 16 by dickythorpe

I've had my shifts rearranged and I get a Tuesday off every 3 weeks after working a weekend.
With this time off I want to visit places that I never would get a chance to on a weekend.
Had an annual leave day yesterday, always like to book an odd Friday every couple of months just to extend the weekend.
Pembs and gower are amazing places with something for all. Just explore.

I get a couple of days off in the week every few weeks when I work the weekend. One I spend with wifey and the other is free and I try and get out and about. I have seen some great places in West Wales and other areas when I have been in work and will now make more of an effort to get to them.

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 23:44 - Jun 16 with 2384 viewsLoyal

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 20:20 - Jun 16 by jack_lord

I get a couple of days off in the week every few weeks when I work the weekend. One I spend with wifey and the other is free and I try and get out and about. I have seen some great places in West Wales and other areas when I have been in work and will now make more of an effort to get to them.

Don't go to milford haven the old ladies smell of fish.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 23:45]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 00:58 - Jun 17 with 2358 viewsjack_lord

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 23:44 - Jun 16 by Loyal

Don't go to milford haven the old ladies smell of fish.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 23:45]

I want to find some ancient pubs, with incredible views or ridiculously remote but great to still visit.

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 13:35 - Jun 17 with 2297 viewsJohnw102

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 21:30 - Jun 15 by BrynCartwright

A massive plus about being a Sailing Club member anywhere in the world is you can saunter into any sailing club, anywhere, sign the guest book and be embraced by the brethren, use all the facilities and generally act like a Little Lord Fauntelroy. Used to have some great times at Salcombe Sailing Club back in the day, just because I sailed out of Oldbury On Severn.

Being a local in Neyland you don't need to be a member to go in the Yacht club, the Restaurant there is called "The Alumchine" after the ferry that used to go to Pembroke Dock before the bridge was built. Can recommend it 100% outstanding food and service, best eating in the area. If going at a weekend best to ring and book first. https://www.facebook.com/The-Alumchine-restaurant-at-Neyland-Yacht-Club-19417432

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 16:27 - Jun 17 with 2255 viewsdickythorpe

The Stackpole pole Inn looked nice, swanlake Inn Jameston, freshwater east Inn, and all the pubs in amroth are.great for.food
Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 20:20 - Jun 18 with 2156 viewsbyron

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 16:27 - Jun 17 by dickythorpe

The Stackpole pole Inn looked nice, swanlake Inn Jameston, freshwater east Inn, and all the pubs in amroth are.great for.food

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/welsh-country-pub-nearly-closed-14

Benny

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 20:24 - Jun 18 with 2150 viewsdickythorpe

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 20:20 - Jun 18 by byron

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/welsh-country-pub-nearly-closed-14

I work with the chef's son. Worth a visit.
Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 20:29 - Jun 18 with 2145 viewsbyron

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 20:24 - Jun 18 by dickythorpe

I work with the chef's son. Worth a visit.

I will, spend quite a bit of time in Pembs. Some right hidden gems all along from stackpole to st David’s. The Druidstone hotel is a lovely spot for a late pm pint watching the sun go down.

Benny

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 23:16 - Jun 18 with 2073 viewsjack_lord

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 20:20 - Jun 18 by byron

That's the kind of place. Menu looks nice, keeps the rabble out :)
I have driven back from Fishguard that way recently. Is it OK to stop for a pint or is it more of a restaurant?

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 07:13 - Jun 19 with 2024 viewsdickythorpe

It's fine to stop for a pint. The piano player may stop as you walk in through the door mind.
Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 08:44 - Jun 19 with 2008 viewsbyron

With regard to the jolly sailor, some locals told me about this some 10 years ago. Back then, it was always very busy and the food was very good. Recently, it never seems that busy and I’m sure someone told me different people run it or different chef? Can’t quite recall but it’s definately quieter, which I don’t mind to be honest but is the food still ok?

Benny

Jolly Sailor pub Burton on 09:39 - Jun 19 with 1990 viewsdickythorpe

It's still popular and food varied, local and good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024