Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garlic a Man Flu Cure? 22:22 - Jun 15 with 1457 viewsBrynCartwright

I cannot believe it. I have had a bad cold all day. Aches, runny nose, lots of sneezing. generally felt like shite. I had two small slices of home made garlic ciabbata with mozzarella and loads of garlic just before tonight's game.

Started watching the Spain Portugal game earlier and still felt dreadful. How, however, I am practically back to normal now. Was it the garlic, or bottle of Merlot that sorted out my manflu?

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 22:23 - Jun 15 with 1453 viewsbluey_the_blue

There is no real cure for Manflu, just have to let it ride out...
Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 22:29 - Jun 15 with 1442 viewsdickythorpe

It could be that the food and wine raised your body temp and the resultant sweats took the "badness" out.

A hot toddy before bed when I feel crap always helps especially with 2 paracetamol which lowers your temp after it is raised or already high.
Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 23:25 - Jun 15 with 1392 viewsmax936

Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 22:29 - Jun 15 by dickythorpe

It could be that the food and wine raised your body temp and the resultant sweats took the "badness" out.

A hot toddy before bed when I feel crap always helps especially with 2 paracetamol which lowers your temp after it is raised or already high.

We’re up in Horsham with my lad, he came home from work today his eyes were like little slits he suffers terribly with hay fever, nothing seems to work for him🙈

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 11:44 - Jun 16 with 1310 viewsMrSwerve

The best cure for man flu for me (when I was a bit younger) was to go out on the lash. Used to wake up feeling fine (albeit a little hungover but that would clear by the afternoon).

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 12:10 - Jun 16 with 1294 viewsdickythorpe

Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 11:44 - Jun 16 by MrSwerve

The best cure for man flu for me (when I was a bit younger) was to go out on the lash. Used to wake up feeling fine (albeit a little hungover but that would clear by the afternoon).

The "take your Mind of it" technique.
Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 12:12 - Jun 16 with 1292 viewsdickythorpe

Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 23:25 - Jun 15 by max936

We’re up in Horsham with my lad, he came home from work today his eyes were like little slits he suffers terribly with hay fever, nothing seems to work for him🙈

I heard or.should I say overheard some gower folks say it's due to high grass pollen. Loads of.new.house being built means more lawns to cut, plus farmers are already on their 3rd cut for silage, so this extra cutting means more pollen.
Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 13:16 - Jun 16 with 1250 viewsSwanjaxs

Amazing garlic fact...
Did you know if you rub a clove of garlic on the bottom of your foot within 20 minutes it will be detectable on your breath! 😮 100% true 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 13:46 - Jun 16 with 1222 viewsLord_Bony

Use Garlic to Prevent Colds. Use garlic before you feel a cold beginning. Garlic consumption may help boost the immune system to keep you from getting a cold. When symptoms do appear, a garlic supplement or tea may boost your body's disease-fighting power and soothe your sore throat and cough.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Login to get fewer ads

Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 13:51 - Jun 16 with 1216 viewsCooperman

It could have been the football.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 18:45 - Jun 16 with 1140 viewsmax936

Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 12:12 - Jun 16 by dickythorpe

I heard or.should I say overheard some gower folks say it's due to high grass pollen. Loads of.new.house being built means more lawns to cut, plus farmers are already on their 3rd cut for silage, so this extra cutting means more pollen.

Yeah it’s a high pollen concentration that causes it, but he’s lives in a town centre and works in an airport.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 18:53 - Jun 16 with 1131 viewsHighjack

Garlic is ridiculously good for your health, and it has the added bonus of keeping people away from you.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 01:38 - Jun 17 with 1065 viewsDJack

Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 18:53 - Jun 16 by Highjack

Garlic is ridiculously good for your health, and it has the added bonus of keeping people away from you.

Just like your posts then...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 01:41 - Jun 17 with 1058 viewsHighjack

Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 01:38 - Jun 17 by DJack

Just like your posts then...

Yes I suppose they are good for your health too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 02:05 - Jun 17 with 1055 viewsDJack

Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 01:41 - Jun 17 by Highjack

Yes I suppose they are good for your health too.

Not always but you are always welcome mate.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 08:01 - Jun 17 with 1005 viewspeenemunde

Garlic a Man Flu Cure? on 22:23 - Jun 15 by bluey_the_blue

There is no real cure for Manflu, just have to let it ride out...

There’s no cure because there’s no such illness.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024