Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. 10:21 - Jun 16 with 3757 viewsJackfath

New players (hopefully),
New direction and clear game plan from our new manager and his team (hopefully),
Less people supporting opposition teams sitting in the home stands at the stadium.

After the disappointment of relegation, I feel renewed optimism.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 10:25 - Jun 16 with 2650 viewslifelong

I am coming around to that way of thinking, we certainly need new players to freshen the squad, we had become very stale.
I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 10:38 - Jun 16 with 2628 viewsPrivate_Partz

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 10:25 - Jun 16 by lifelong

I am coming around to that way of thinking, we certainly need new players to freshen the squad, we had become very stale.

It always happens at the start of the season.
I am so fed up with Jenkins that I have had a football free couple of months since our disaster. I also said eff it to the World Cup as well.
My grandson however has developed an interest in footy and the W Cup so I am back watching it with him now.
The break does have me looking forward but I can't help feeling we are heading down the same route as the previous three disaterous close seasons.
If this is the case it will certainly show up over the next month or so.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 10:52 - Jun 16 with 2594 viewsItchySphincter

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 10:25 - Jun 16 by lifelong

I’m also looking forward obviously and there’s a lot of things I won’t miss about the Premier League but if I’m honest I’m still in a bit of shock of how we managed to shoot ourselves in the foot so spectacularly, especially as the PL is probably as weak as it’s ever likely to be and you don’t even have to be any good to stay up. Aside from one or two it’s going to be hard to remember many of the arseholes that took us down with any affection.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 10:57 - Jun 16 with 2582 viewsNeath_Jack

Hopefully we'll see less of the eternal miserable bastards that have infested this board the past couple of years too.

You know the ones, any positive news from the cub, you won't hear a peep from them, any other thread is fair game to turn into a moan fest, paragraph after paragraph of abject misery and doom.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 11:07 - Jun 16 with 2572 viewsPrivate_Partz

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 10:57 - Jun 16 by Neath_Jack

Hopefully we'll see less of the eternal miserable bastards that have infested this board the past couple of years too.

You know the ones, any positive news from the cub, you won't hear a peep from them, any other thread is fair game to turn into a moan fest, paragraph after paragraph of abject misery and doom.

Can't you see the correlation between the last three years being abject misery and doom, apart from about half a dozen or so matches?
Positive news? That has been pretty sparse as well. Credit was given in the main on the few times it happened.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 11:12 - Jun 16 with 2556 viewsAguycalledJack

As long as Jenkins keeps out of recruitment and the football side of things we have half a chance of progressing.
I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 11:13 - Jun 16 with 2554 viewsNeath_Jack

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 11:07 - Jun 16 by Private_Partz

Can't you see the correlation between the last three years being abject misery and doom, apart from about half a dozen or so matches?
Positive news? That has been pretty sparse as well. Credit was given in the main on the few times it happened.

Mate, there's talking about it, and then there's wallowing in self pity for months and months on end. The same people, saying the same things, day after day after day. And yes, you are one of those constant moaners that make this place grim reading.

Look forwards with hope and a smile on your face, life is so much better that way.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 11:34 - Jun 16 with 2511 viewsMrSwerve

Gutted we got relegated and would want to be back there in a heartbeat but...

It was getting a bit stale. We were spoilt in the Laudrup era, and battling around the 12th-17th spots with no real promise of progress got a bit repetitive and boring. Add in the way that we've been playing the past 2-3 years too.

Genuinely looking forward to going to some different grounds again and the appointment of Potter looks promising. Winning more than 10 games would be nice too.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 14:04 - Jun 16 with 2386 viewsCooperman

I’ve been kept busy for the last couple of months with a combination of new FY, new job, new house. Therefore very little time to wallow in football despair or sport in general, not that I’m one to go on a downer.

Fixtures day next week is coming just at the right time and the Carabao Cup draw is always a sign that the new season is a step closer.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 14:08 - Jun 16 with 2380 viewsSwanjaxs

The first half dozen games will be crucial, get off to a good start and we'll be flying!! In Potter we trust 😎

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 14:20 - Jun 16 with 2364 viewscontroversial_jack

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 10:57 - Jun 16 by Neath_Jack

Those miserable bastards and pessimists were correct though, we got relegated
I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 15:30 - Jun 16 with 2280 viewsthornabyswan

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 14:20 - Jun 16 by controversial_jack

Yes we got relegated but wallowing in self pity is not going to help.
And it gets very tedious.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 18:08 - Jun 16 with 2197 viewsFlashberryjack

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 15:30 - Jun 16 by thornabyswan

Yes we got relegated but wallowing in self pity is not going to help.
And it gets very tedious.

"Wallowing in self pity" who is wallowing in self pity.

The club has been well and truly f*cked over, and I'll keep on saying so until things change for the better or I'm no longer able to do so.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 18:25 - Jun 16 with 2175 viewsgiantstoneater

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 10:38 - Jun 16 by Private_Partz

It always happens at the start of the season.
I am so fed up with Jenkins that I have had a football free couple of months since our disaster. I also said eff it to the World Cup as well.
My grandson however has developed an interest in footy and the W Cup so I am back watching it with him now.
The break does have me looking forward but I can't help feeling we are heading down the same route as the previous three disaterous close seasons.
If this is the case it will certainly show up over the next month or so.

Happy with Potter but I feel he will be caught between a hard rock of HJ's incompetence and the hard place of the boards ineptitude and greed of 28 piglets feeding off the sow that is SCFC!
I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 20:22 - Jun 16 with 2094 viewsplasjack

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 18:25 - Jun 16 by giantstoneater

Happy with Potter but I feel he will be caught between a hard rock of HJ's incompetence and the hard place of the boards ineptitude and greed of 28 piglets feeding off the sow that is SCFC!

The sow that is SCFC has lost its milk, so nothing to gain for the piglets.
I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 21:19 - Jun 16 with 2040 viewsGaryjack

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 14:20 - Jun 16 by controversial_jack

Good lord, i never thought i'd see the day when i up arrowed a post from you!
I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 23:39 - Jun 16 with 1950 viewsomarjack

Huw is a c*nt. 90% of us agree with that..not you Res..

But could he and the dumbass Americans be making amends? It's not too late to steer the ship the right way. We have 2 years of financial advantage. A squad with good Championship players that can even improve with the right recruitment and using the funds from sales properly.

Potter's appointment is very ambitious. Most of us can agree on that.

Potter does not have a magic wand (I'm aware of how cheesy that reference was). He will need funds and serious backing. And for the players that are to be sold. The club should obviously recoup the most possible from the sales. And invest around half of that money into the squad.

The academy should remain an integral part of our future plans. Thanks to it for example we might have properly covered our RB problem with Roberts showing glimpses of serious Championship level quality that Naughton haven't shown in..let me see...forever?

We should also remember. If we plan to get promoted immediately it doesn't mean we should fill the squad with players that have proven again and again to be excellent Championship players but below average in the PL. It's better to work on a long term plan obviously. Although this might be too ideal.

The conclusion is..I'm also looking forward to this. Although I'd sure as f*ck would have rather seen us playing PL football again. But that's how things are. It's better to just accept it and be hopeful that Huw (since we won't be rid of him) will get it right this time on all angles.

Good luck to all.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 08:00 - Jun 17 with 1884 viewsphact0rri

Yeah I'm rather energized for the new season and seeing how we manage. I just want to see some positive football from our club again.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 09:02 - Jun 17 with 1848 viewsLoyal

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 11:12 - Jun 16 by AguycalledJack

As long as Jenkins keeps out of recruitment and the football side of things we have half a chance of progressing.

There is absolutely no chance of that.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 09:36 - Jun 17 with 1808 viewsSgorioFruit

As long as Naughton plays for us I’m going to wallow in self pity.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 12:09 - Jun 17 with 1749 viewsthornabyswan

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 18:08 - Jun 16 by Flashberryjack

"Wallowing in self pity" who is wallowing in self pity.

The club has been well and truly f*cked over, and I'll keep on saying so until things change for the better or I'm no longer able to do so.

I can't recall you ever posting anything remotely positive.
But each to there own.
But if the club made me as moany and miserable as some on here I would not bother going to games.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 12:14 - Jun 17 with 1736 viewsRancid

Really looking forward to it and have since the final nail in our coffin went in.We needed to go a step backwards to go forward again.

All I ask for is we have a squad who are hungry and want to wear the shirt and not the pitiful mess that took us down.I hope Potters main objective is to seperate the wheat from the chaff and bring some passion and urgency back to the club.
I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 12:26 - Jun 17 with 1716 viewspeenemunde

The people I feel sorry for are those who may lose their jobs as a result of relegation, hopefully none will.

As for this season, hopefully we’ll be challenging near the top.
I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 12:32 - Jun 17 with 1700 viewsSwanjaxs

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 12:26 - Jun 17 by peenemunde

The people I feel sorry for are those who may lose their jobs as a result of relegation, hopefully none will.

As for this season, hopefully we’ll be challenging near the top.

I was talking to someone on the afternoon of the Southampton game who works at the Liberty, the person was saying that although his/her job was safe others had been told thier jobs would go if we got relegated, in his/her words people were being physically sick all morning with worry.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 12:38 - Jun 17 with 1680 viewspeenemunde

I'm looking forward to the new challenge of the Championship. on 12:32 - Jun 17 by Swanjaxs

I was talking to someone on the afternoon of the Southampton game who works at the Liberty, the person was saying that although his/her job was safe others had been told thier jobs would go if we got relegated, in his/her words people were being physically sick all morning with worry.

That’s the unseen side of relegation unfortunately.
If some are made redundant then hopefully they will get their jobs back, when we get promoted next year
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024