Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
France v Australia 10:59 - Jun 16 with 3480 viewsWanderer

Go Socceroos !!
France v Australia on 12:48 - Jun 16 with 1009 viewsNeath_Jack

France v Australia on 12:43 - Jun 16 by MrSwerve

As an aside to the VAR debate, the goal line technology is superb. Ref simply points at his watch when the players start to protest, shuts them up straight away.

That goal looked VERY close though. Wonder why they didn't do the whole 3D 'zoom up to the ball' thing though...

When you say close, what do you mean?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

France v Australia on 12:49 - Jun 16 with 1005 viewsNeath_Jack

VAR has worked perfectly well during this game.

Still prefer the rugby way of doing it mind.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

France v Australia on 12:51 - Jun 16 with 1001 viewsMrSwerve

France v Australia on 12:48 - Jun 16 by Neath_Jack

When you say close, what do you mean?

From the TV pics it looked like there was the potential that a tiny fraction of the ball hadn't crossed the line. I'm not saying it hadn't and the goal line technology is great, but would have been nice to see it zoomed in on in 3D like the do for most (all?) of the other goal line calls. Just would have been nice to see how close it was.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

France v Australia on 12:53 - Jun 16 with 993 viewsNeath_Jack

France v Australia on 12:51 - Jun 16 by MrSwerve

From the TV pics it looked like there was the potential that a tiny fraction of the ball hadn't crossed the line. I'm not saying it hadn't and the goal line technology is great, but would have been nice to see it zoomed in on in 3D like the do for most (all?) of the other goal line calls. Just would have been nice to see how close it was.

It looked close from real time action on the tv angle, but when they showed a slowed down reply (not the goal line tech type), it was clearly over, in my opinion anyway.

France v Australia on 12:54 - Jun 16 with 987 viewsShaky

Yah, VAR worked great apart form the French penalty which wasn't one.

Nor was it really deserved. Very poor performance.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

France v Australia on 12:57 - Jun 16 with 985 viewsMrSwerve

They need to stop the clock when the ref is off the pitch watching the screens, in my opinion. I know it's the same as adding time on at the end but we'll probably consistently see 5,6,7 mins of stoppage time when VAR inevitably becomes used more. Seeing that much added time just makes me feel uncomfortable.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

France v Australia on 13:04 - Jun 16 with 956 viewsWanderer

Proud of the team, just prevented France from getting traction which probably would have opened the floodgates and killed confidence for next game, but positive here is goal difference against one of the favourites.
Hope France go on and crucify the other two, that goal difference key for second spot.
Find it odd Marwik sees Saudis through to qualify then gets sacked, whilst Postegoglu gets the aussies through and resigns, Marwik steps in and is doing ok, good coach, but all a bit crazy!
France v Australia on 13:28 - Jun 16 with 917 viewstrampie

Unlucky Australia, it was right that the penalty decision went to review, but it should not have been awarded - a lot of people would argue as a point of order it was not clear and obviously so no pen but the actual footage showed the Aussie touched the ball well before touching the player.

Things was so simple years ago, handball was handball, offside was offside and if someone contacted the ball before the man in a tackle situation it was play on.

Interpretation of the basic rules of football have made things worse over the years not better.
Football has reached the point where any contact at all is seen as a foul, the exact opposite used to be true, football was a physical contact sport, where 99% of players coming into contact with each other was not a fool, as regards interpretation of the laws of the game and new/tweaked laws things are worse.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 13:32]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

France v Australia on 13:49 - Jun 16 with 892 viewsDippy

It was a penalty.. won the ball, but deliberate foul on the follow up.

Tough one though.

Poll: Cooper Out

France v Australia on 13:59 - Jun 16 with 877 viewstrampie

Definitely not a penalty for me.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

France v Australia on 14:15 - Jun 16 with 865 viewshobo

France v Australia on 12:49 - Jun 16 by Neath_Jack

VAR has worked perfectly well during this game.

Still prefer the rugby way of doing it mind.

It turns rugby into a borefest. 90% of tries go to the video ref! It just kills any excitement. Thankfully this will surely be the first and last World Cup where VAR is used.
France v Australia on 15:22 - Jun 16 with 838 viewsBadlands

France v Australia on 12:51 - Jun 16 by MrSwerve

The ball swerved well inside (well quite a bit) beyond the goal line before it hit the grass.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

France v Australia on 15:25 - Jun 16 with 835 viewsBadlands

France v Australia on 13:49 - Jun 16 by Dippy

It was a penalty.. won the ball, but deliberate foul on the follow up.

Tough one though.

'Wn the ball' is pushing it IMO.
He touched the ball but only on to the French players foot who would have had control of the ball within a stride.
You can see the Australian making a second stretch to catch the attacker's achilles.
I'm still reeling from Radio 5 claiming they couldn't see the French player handling the ball for Oz penalty!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024