Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO the plumbers on here... 13:03 - Jun 16 with 4203 viewsJackfath

My triton shower stopped working. I changed the solenoid and its back working. There is now a leak coming from the inside so I thought the PRD needed replacing but when I took the cover off and started the shower, it's the stabilising valve which is dripping. As it is dripping down onto the new solenoid it will stop working in a while (not to mention having dripping water inside the unit isn't the wisest...)

So would I be better off getting a new shower and replacing or is it worth buying in a new stabilising valve and replacing? I don't know for certain if that would fix it.

The other question is if I replace, are all triton showers setup so it's easy to reconnect the water and power ie do they all come with the water inlet on the bottom right and power up the top?

Thank you please!

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:19 - Jun 16 with 2951 viewsicecoldjack

Why run the risk of potential electric shock and death with leaky parts and an old shower? Buy a new one and sleep easy .
FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:23 - Jun 16 with 2941 viewsJackfath

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:19 - Jun 16 by icecoldjack

Why run the risk of potential electric shock and death with leaky parts and an old shower? Buy a new one and sleep easy .

That's the trouble with people these days. A slight problem and spend a fortune on a new unit. The original problem was fixed for £10. A new shower is going to set me back 10 times that.

Anyway thanks for your input.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:28 - Jun 16 with 2928 viewsSwanjaxs

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:23 - Jun 16 by Jackfath

That's the trouble with people these days. A slight problem and spend a fortune on a new unit. The original problem was fixed for £10. A new shower is going to set me back 10 times that.

But you cant mess about with electrics, get someone in for peace of mind 👍
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 13:30]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:37 - Jun 16 with 2910 viewsJackfath

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:28 - Jun 16 by Swanjaxs

But you cant mess about with electrics, get someone in for peace of mind 👍
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 13:30]

Should be a straightforward job putting a new shower in?

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:42 - Jun 16 with 2896 viewsSwanjaxs

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:37 - Jun 16 by Jackfath

Should be a straightforward job putting a new shower in?

Exactly, so buy new mate, they last years anyway so money well spent 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:44 - Jun 16 with 2893 viewsJackfath

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:42 - Jun 16 by Swanjaxs

Exactly, so buy new mate, they last years anyway so money well spent 👍

I'll pop out and buy one and get it fitted myself this afternoon.

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:46 - Jun 16 with 2891 viewsDyfnant

If you ring Triton and tell them which model you have, they can tell you which currently available model fits with no adjustment needed to the water and electrical connections.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:49 - Jun 16 with 2887 viewsJackfath

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:46 - Jun 16 by Dyfnant

If you ring Triton and tell them which model you have, they can tell you which currently available model fits with no adjustment needed to the water and electrical connections.

Thank you. That's very helpful. I note they have "Easi-fit" ones now with multiple entry points so will plump for one of those.

Login to get fewer ads

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:49 - Jun 16 with 2887 viewsCooperman

Triton do have a call out service but it’s not cheap (sorry Fathy but I can’t remember the exact price).

I have used them due to the accessibilty of my shower unit; it’s under the bath and a pain to reach for even the most nimble of people. Plus the fact that I didn’t want to electrocute myself.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:50 - Jun 16 with 2883 viewsJackfath

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:49 - Jun 16 by Cooperman

Triton do have a call out service but it’s not cheap (sorry Fathy but I can’t remember the exact price).

I have used them due to the accessibilty of my shower unit; it’s under the bath and a pain to reach for even the most nimble of people. Plus the fact that I didn’t want to electrocute myself.

I'll knock the power off on the main board. A few screws out a bit of ptfe tape and bobs your uncle.

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:54 - Jun 16 with 2874 viewsCooperman

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:50 - Jun 16 by Jackfath

I'll knock the power off on the main board. A few screws out a bit of ptfe tape and bobs your uncle.

Noted. I’ll know where to come next time. Cheers mate.

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:57 - Jun 16 with 2865 viewsJackfath

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:54 - Jun 16 by Cooperman

Noted. I’ll know where to come next time. Cheers mate.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/maps-rpg/images/f/f1/Marv-gets-electrocuted.

FAO the plumbers on here... on 14:06 - Jun 16 with 2839 viewsCooperman

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:57 - Jun 16 by Jackfath

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/maps-rpg/images/f/f1/Marv-gets-electrocuted.

As long as you clear up after you.

FAO the plumbers on here... on 14:36 - Jun 16 with 2819 viewspremierjack

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:50 - Jun 16 by Jackfath

It’s easy to change but you should do an electrical test on the shower to check it is safe to use. A zs test should be carried out as a minimum.
FAO the plumbers on here... on 15:37 - Jun 16 with 2777 viewsicecoldjack

FAO the plumbers on here... on 13:23 - Jun 16 by Jackfath

Some things you don't mess with though. While the part may cost pennies the overall condition of the shower will play a part . So you fix one thing now, then in 6 months it's something else . Showering under an electrical supply isn't the best thing in the world, so why risk it with home repairs ?

The trouble with people these days is that they tend to try and save a penny by spending a pound and often put their whole families in danger in the process .
FAO the plumbers on here... on 15:42 - Jun 16 with 2769 viewsicecoldjack

FAO the plumbers on here... on 14:36 - Jun 16 by premierjack

It’s easy to change but you should do an electrical test on the shower to check it is safe to use. A zs test should be carried out as a minimum.

And that should be carried out by a professional otherwise any problems the insurance company would use that as an excuse not to pay out if the worst happened .

Buy a new one, get somebody professional to install it and sleep easy .
FAO the plumbers on here... on 15:49 - Jun 16 with 2758 viewsJackfath

I'll have to get hold of a plumber to do this job after all.

FAO the plumbers on here... on 16:01 - Jun 16 with 2746 viewsicecoldjack

FAO the plumbers on here... on 15:49 - Jun 16 by Jackfath

I'll have to get hold of a plumber to do this job after all.

Sometimes it's just a case of biting the bullet and paying for a professional. Water and electricity arnt a great mix so much better to have that piece of mind .

Costs are always issues but if possible better to minimise risk.
FAO the plumbers on here... on 16:02 - Jun 16 with 2743 viewsJackfath

FAO the plumbers on here... on 16:01 - Jun 16 by icecoldjack

Sometimes it's just a case of biting the bullet and paying for a professional. Water and electricity arnt a great mix so much better to have that piece of mind .

Thanks Dad.

FAO the plumbers on here... on 18:35 - Jun 17 with 2593 viewswaynekerr55

FAO the plumbers on here... on 16:01 - Jun 16 by icecoldjack

I'd agree to a certain extent. I think the main thing is not to take anything on that's beyond your capability. If the components simply need to be changed over, that's relatively simple if you are competent.

Playing with anything that messes with the earthing of a device is a different ball game, as is anything with gas.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

FAO the plumbers on here... on 18:40 - Jun 17 with 2584 viewsJackfath

I changed my mind. Bought a shower and will be swapping it over this week.

FAO the plumbers on here... on 18:46 - Jun 17 with 2577 viewswaynekerr55

They're pretty cheap these days, did you go to Screwfix?

FAO the plumbers on here... on 18:52 - Jun 17 with 2564 viewsJackfath

FAO the plumbers on here... on 18:46 - Jun 17 by waynekerr55

They're pretty cheap these days, did you go to Screwfix?

Yep. Bought one which looks relatively easy to sort. What's the worst that can happen...

FAO the plumbers on here... on 19:24 - Jun 17 with 2535 viewswaynekerr55

FAO the plumbers on here... on 18:52 - Jun 17 by Jackfath

Yep. Bought one which looks relatively easy to sort. What's the worst that can happen...

Other than buying one that needs the water and/or electrics moving, not much. Wack a load of PTFE and jobs a good un as they say

FAO the plumbers on here... on 19:27 - Jun 17 with 2531 viewsJackfath

FAO the plumbers on here... on 19:24 - Jun 17 by waynekerr55

Other than buying one that needs the water and/or electrics moving, not much. Wack a load of PTFE and jobs a good un as they say

If either of those need moving (which by my reckoning they don't) then I shall be calling an expert in.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024