Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siggys boys are doing ok so far 14:26 - Jun 16 with 3997 viewsbuilthjack

Just equalised

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 08:37 - Jun 17 with 1597 viewsepaul

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 09:16 - Jun 17 with 1565 viewsWarwickHunt

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 08:04 - Jun 17 by peenemunde

How many seasons in the top division did Ivor play for Swansea ?
I rest my case.

Were you briefed by your barista wife?
Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 09:29 - Jun 17 with 1533 viewsomarjack

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 07:36 - Jun 17 by WarwickHunt

Fact? 😂

A very good player but not fit to lace Ivor Allchurch’s boots. Don’t just take my word for it though...

Sir Matt Busby — "Ivor never needed a number on his back for identification. His polish, his class could not be missed. He vies with the greatest of all time, yet he has a modesty that becomes him"

Sir Bobby Charlton: "He was a great player, with footballing presence and charisma"

Bobby Moore:"One of the best inside-forwards I have ever played against"

lol.

You can't be serious. comparing football from the 40's to the current,competitive,international,professional and far superior football of nowadays.

Swansea during Sigurosson's time were playing in the best league in the world. And he was excellent.

May Ivor's soul rest in peace. But football at his time was League Two level at best in division 1. Let alone division 2.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 09:33 - Jun 17 with 1535 viewsJango

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 07:32 - Jun 17 by trampie

You have got that all wrong, Siggy was one only a handful of stand out performers on the day, Siggy with a brilliant piece of skill jinked past defenders deep into the box opened his body up and tried to place a side foot curler into the far side netting only for the Argentina goalie to pull off a top class save, it was a vintage piece of Gylfi skill to beat those defenders in the box and then there was an end product but what a save to deny him and Icelandfrom getting what might have been the winning goal.

Top play and performance from Gylfi in his first competitive match back after injury, heard that Brazilian commentators [yes I know they were playing Argentina were purring over him] after reading comments online after a report on the game and those boys no doubt know a good player when they see one.

He’s a player that was sold for £40m+ last year, if he didn’t look one of the better players amongst film directors and other semi pro players then he’s got issues. As I said, he played well but not worthy of a thread on him ffs. He wasn’t even Iceland’s man of the match, the film director was.

Let it go
Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 09:44 - Jun 17 with 1520 viewsJango

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 07:54 - Jun 17 by phact0rri

Yeah watching this match made me feel quite nostalgic... and also annoyed at how badly everton has utilized such a talent.

You realise he was played in a far deeper role yesterday than he ever was for us or Everton. May be it’s his better position considering his limited pace and skill for the attacking midfield role. His work rate, passing and set pieces are his strengths.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 9:45]
Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 09:48 - Jun 17 with 1519 viewstrampie

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 09:33 - Jun 17 by Jango

He’s a player that was sold for £40m+ last year, if he didn’t look one of the better players amongst film directors and other semi pro players then he’s got issues. As I said, he played well but not worthy of a thread on him ffs. He wasn’t even Iceland’s man of the match, the film director was.

Let it go

The thread is not my thread and its about Siggys team, you did not think he had a shot on target, he did, after a brilliant dribble in the box, you are the one that has an issue with Gylfi, I recognise Gylfi as £50M player and a multiple Swansea City player of the year performer.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 10:10 - Jun 17 with 1498 viewsWarwickHunt

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 09:29 - Jun 17 by omarjack

lol.

You can't be serious. comparing football from the 40's to the current,competitive,international,professional and far superior football of nowadays.

Swansea during Sigurosson's time were playing in the best league in the world. And he was excellent.

May Ivor's soul rest in peace. But football at his time was League Two level at best in division 1. Let alone division 2.

🤡

That Pele fella from the 70s was a bit shit too. Don’t get me started on donkeys like Puskas, di Stefano and Garrincha...

Allchurch would be playing for a Champions’ League team now. So would Bobby Moore...
Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 10:12 - Jun 17 with 1490 viewsmoonie

The first galloping General ,like John Charles would be priceless now ,well almost
Login to get fewer ads

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 15:10 - Jun 17 with 1421 viewsJango

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 09:48 - Jun 17 by trampie

The thread is not my thread and its about Siggys team, you did not think he had a shot on target, he did, after a brilliant dribble in the box, you are the one that has an issue with Gylfi, I recognise Gylfi as £50M player and a multiple Swansea City player of the year performer.

The fact you recognise him as a £50m player says it all really.
Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 15:22 - Jun 17 with 1406 viewstrampie

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 15:10 - Jun 17 by Jango

The fact you recognise him as a £50m player says it all really.

He went for a reported fee of up to £45M.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 16:55 - Jun 17 with 1372 viewsJango

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 15:22 - Jun 17 by trampie

He went for a reported fee of up to £45M.

We paid £17m for clucas, do you see him as £17m player? . Ask the Everton fans would they happily pay it again. And upto £45m is not £50m. You’ve added to his value after a poor season.
Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 17:32 - Jun 17 with 1359 viewstrampie

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 16:55 - Jun 17 by Jango

We paid £17m for clucas, do you see him as £17m player? . Ask the Everton fans would they happily pay it again. And upto £45m is not £50m. You’ve added to his value after a poor season.

Clucas was worth nowhere near £17M in my book, Siggy was worth £50M in my book.

I work with an Everton fan who played a lot of football in his time and he thinks Siggy is Everton's best player.

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 17:42 - Jun 17 with 1352 viewsmoonie

You ve lost the case ,pee.

Ivor was and is a legend . There s a reason for that

When next in the north east, speak to a Geordie over 60 and Ivor s right up there with the very best
Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 18:11 - Jun 17 with 1335 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 09:29 - Jun 17 by omarjack

lol.

That's an interesting conversation, and one I've been curious about as someone who knows practically nothing about British football from before the 1980's, and very little about it before the 21st century.

To put it in American context, comparing (American) football and especially basketball players from say the 1950's and earlier to today's stars is apples/oranges. Wilt Chamberlain, for example: easily the most dominant NBA player of all time among his contemporaries, moreso than Michael Jordan or Lebron James dominated theirs. Nobody will ever get close to the 100 points in a single game record Wilt has - that may be the most untouchable record in sports. But he was practically the only 7'er back then, and it looked like he was playing against high school players except when he played Bill Russell. But put 1950's Wilt in 2018, he might not even make an NBA roster, much less a starting 5, even in his prime.

Baseball and maybe boxing, however, it would be interesting to see the old time stars playing today. They might even be better than the guys we've got now.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 18:19]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 18:24 - Jun 17 with 1318 views34dfgdf54

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 17:32 - Jun 17 by trampie

Clucas was worth nowhere near £17M in my book, Siggy was worth £50M in my book.

I work with an Everton fan who played a lot of football in his time and he thinks Siggy is Everton's best player.

Lots on here are still going on about his early season reviews by Everton fans. At the end they loved him.
Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 06:37 - Jun 18 with 1253 viewspeenemunde

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 09:16 - Jun 17 by WarwickHunt

Were you briefed by your barista wife?

Now you can see your comment regarding Ivor is ridiculous.
No need to thank me.
Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 09:09 - Jun 18 with 1211 viewsLeonWasGod

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 01:19 - Jun 17 by Loyal

Michu for me.

Jordi Lopez. In the PL era it has to be Grimes, or maybe Augustein. You lot know nothing.

I heard last night that 30k Icelanders were at the fan ring in ?Moscow. That's 10% of their population! Iceland must pretty much have closed down for the next month.
Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 10:51 - Jun 18 with 1189 viewspeenemunde

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 17:42 - Jun 17 by moonie

You ve lost the case ,pee.

Ivor was and is a legend . There s a reason for that

When next in the north east, speak to a Geordie over 60 and Ivor s right up there with the very best

I’m not disputing that he was a very good player.
Just that he never played for Swansea in the top division.
And for me to be Swansea’s greatest player you have to perform at the highest level that Swansea been at.
Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 12:41 - Jun 18 with 1171 viewsmoonie

He did ...at the World Cup in 58.

When he returned as an old man to the Swans he was still being kicked to death

Anyway,a pleasant day to you .I know what it's like to be bullied on here so be your own man no matter what and don't let the net Warriors cramp your style . You ll find a lot of mutual cockwaving on here normally emanating from Neath . Strange really . Maybe not
Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 12:54 - Jun 18 with 1161 viewslifelong

Siggys boys are doing ok so far on 10:51 - Jun 18 by peenemunde

I’m not disputing that he was a very good player.
Just that he never played for Swansea in the top division.
And for me to be Swansea’s greatest player you have to perform at the highest level that Swansea been at.

During the 1958 World Cup the then Italian manager described Ivor as being one of the best players in World football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024