Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust board elections 18:31 - Jun 16 with 21640 viewsexiledclaseboy

Can we make this a sticky please to encourage as many candidates as possible.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2018/06/16/trust-board-elections-2018/

Trust Board Elections 2018
June 16, 2018

The Swansea City Supporters’ Trust holds Annual Elections for Swans Trust Members to have the chance to be elected to the Trust Board. Full Board Members usually serve for a two year term and are eligible to stand for re-election. This year however, as a result of mid term vacancies which need to be filled, two of the Members elected may serve for ONE year, but will be eligible to stand for re-election.

THERE ARE SEVEN VACANCIES TO BE FILLED FOR THE 2018 ELECTION YEAR.

If you would like to put yourself forward to be elected as a Trust Board Member, please download the NOMINATION FORM below and send the completed form back to the Secretary by the 4TH JULY, 2018.

Trust-Board-Nomination-2018
Please include your name and full address on the Form. Note that nominations MUST be supported by SIX Swans Trust Members who were full Members (i.e. have paid a Membership Fee) on the date of this Notice — 16th June, 2018.

What you are required to do:.

Complete a brief statement (max. 250 words) about yourself with your Nomination Form for circulation to Full Trust Members in the event of a Ballot being required.

A ballot will be held if more than SEVEN Members are nominated. Trust Members who held full membership on the date of this election notice — 16th June 2018 will be eligible to vote in any subsequent ballot.

If elected you will serve for a period of ONE or TWO years from 1st August 2018. The main qualification you will need is enthusiasm and a desire to see the Swans succeed through the Club and the Trust working together. No experience is necessary, there is no pay.

You will be expected to join the monthly Board Meetings which are normally held on the first Monday of each month in Swansea commencing at 5.30pm, and participate in other Trust related activities as appropriate.

You are eligible to stand for election if

* On the date of this Notice you are a Full Swans Trust Member and you are aged 18 or over.

* You are not subject to a disqualification order under the Company Directors Disqualification Act.

* You have not been convicted of an indictable offence.

Should you have any questions or queries then please contact us.

Nigel Hamer

Secretary

16th June, 2018
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 18:33]

Poll: Tory leader

Trust board elections on 18:22 - Jun 17 with 4514 viewsswancity

Trust board elections on 12:29 - Jun 17 by monmouth

In its current incarnation I’d tend to agree. If the same bunch are re-elected, or no one else of quality stands then it is probably done, dusted and consigned to the historical scrapheap. (Clearly some exceptions in ‘the same bunch’ one of whom is posting on this thread and I hope stands).

I still hope it can rise like a rampant pheonix from the ashes and become a major force in the long term future security of Swansea City, but I can’t say I’m confident.

By doing what exactly? Really what can the Trust do? Of note. It’s finished.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Trust board elections on 19:06 - Jun 17 with 4462 viewsmonmouth

Trust board elections on 18:22 - Jun 17 by swancity

By doing what exactly? Really what can the Trust do? Of note. It’s finished.

Win the legal case, get 15-20m and sit and wait. Then either partner up with a genuine buyer with better motivation than a hedge fund, or be a fallback in their own right if things go totally pop.

With the current ownership, there is, as you say, no point to them, none at all. The ship sailed when the role of watchdog was not fulfilled because of familiarity and, perhaps, as we are still seeing I reckon, self interest. They have no influence now in the future of the club, even though the current owners will no doubt give 'importance' promises and soundbites to massage their egos and thus keep them totally supine.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust board elections on 19:13 - Jun 17 with 4460 viewsPhil_S

Out of interest how will it be decided which two of the seven people stand for just one year?
Trust board elections on 19:23 - Jun 17 with 4449 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust board elections on 19:13 - Jun 17 by Phil_S

Out of interest how will it be decided which two of the seven people stand for just one year?

I think (and don't take this as gospel) that the two with the lowest number of votes out of the top seven in the ballot will serve the one year term. Assuming of course there are more than seven candidates so a ballot is necessary.

Trust board elections on 19:36 - Jun 17 with 4432 viewsGaryjack

Trust board elections on 19:06 - Jun 17 by monmouth

Win the legal case, get 15-20m and sit and wait. Then either partner up with a genuine buyer with better motivation than a hedge fund, or be a fallback in their own right if things go totally pop.

With the current ownership, there is, as you say, no point to them, none at all. The ship sailed when the role of watchdog was not fulfilled because of familiarity and, perhaps, as we are still seeing I reckon, self interest. They have no influence now in the future of the club, even though the current owners will no doubt give 'importance' promises and soundbites to massage their egos and thus keep them totally supine.

"It is the view of the trust board that Huw Jenkins and our great American owners are working tirelessly to get the club back on track in a bid to regain our Premier league status. Therefore, we feel that any legal action taken at this point would only serve to compromise those efforts. Please be reminded that subscriptions for the 2018/19 season are now due, and you are all invited to the trusts annual Jumble sale and coffee morning with white elephant stall to be held at Sketty Baptist Church on Monday 22nd July at 11am."

Thanks the Trust team.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2018 19:41]
Trust board elections on 19:41 - Jun 17 with 4415 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust board elections on 19:36 - Jun 17 by Garyjack

"It is the view of the trust board that Huw Jenkins and our great American owners are working tirelessly to get the club back on track in a bid to regain our Premier league status. Therefore, we feel that any legal action taken at this point would only serve to compromise those efforts. Please be reminded that subscriptions for the 2018/19 season are now due, and you are all invited to the trusts annual Jumble sale and coffee morning with white elephant stall to be held at Sketty Baptist Church on Monday 22nd July at 11am."

Thanks the Trust team.

Someone is going to think that’s genuine.

Trust board elections on 19:43 - Jun 17 with 4408 viewsGaryjack

Trust board elections on 19:41 - Jun 17 by exiledclaseboy

There'll be more than one no doubt!
Trust board elections on 21:26 - Jun 17 with 4312 viewsmax936

Don't tell me its not I was just gonna join loves a nice Coffee Morning me

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Trust board elections on 21:37 - Jun 17 with 4305 viewsswancity

Trust board elections on 19:06 - Jun 17 by monmouth

Agree with all of that except the first four words as it’s not going to happen. Therein lies their problem.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Trust board elections on 01:10 - Jun 18 with 4232 viewsLoyal

Im going, just in case it is ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Trust board elections on 10:45 - Jun 18 with 4116 viewsLeonWasGod

A "Jumble sale and coffee morning"?

FFS, they're supposed to be shareholders in a multi-million pound business not a bunch of old WI biddies. Says it all.
Trust board elections on 10:49 - Jun 18 with 4113 viewsNeath_Jack

Trust board elections on 10:45 - Jun 18 by LeonWasGod

FFS, they're supposed to be shareholders in a multi-million pound business not a bunch of old WI biddies. Says it all.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Trust board elections on 13:58 - Jun 18 with 4046 viewsmonmouth

Please tell me this is a send up.

Edit - Your post I mean not Gary’s coffee mornings.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 13:59]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust board elections on 14:17 - Jun 18 with 4030 viewsQJumpingJack

It would be good if the Trust produced a detailed review of season 17/18.
What did and didn't work throughout the season for them. What learnings have they taken? How can things be improved in certain areas?

And maybe set out the vision for 2018/19 identifying the challenges ahead and how they "work" with the board.
Trust board elections on 09:05 - Jun 19 with 3826 viewsShaky

Don't know if you have any ethical qualms about doing this ECB, but I suggest compiling and maintaining a PS approved list of 'momentum' candidates, and including that in the OP so people have a point of reference to cast their votes.

Unfortunately that list is currently empty; why not add your own name to get the ball rolling?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Trust board elections on 15:29 - Jun 19 with 3706 viewsHighjack

Trust board elections on 09:05 - Jun 19 by Shaky

Don't know if you have any ethical qualms about doing this ECB, but I suggest compiling and maintaining a PS approved list of 'momentum' candidates, and including that in the OP so people have a point of reference to cast their votes.

Unfortunately that list is currently empty; why not add your own name to get the ball rolling?

The only issue with that idea is that most on here have probably been convicted for an indictable offence at some point.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Trust board elections on 16:51 - Jun 19 with 3679 viewsLeonWasGod

Trust board elections on 13:58 - Jun 18 by monmouth

Please tell me this is a send up.

Edit - Your post I mean not Gary’s coffee mornings.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 13:59]

Yeah of course. Drew a blank though, no biters

A coffee morning would be engaging with the community instead of snuggling up to the Americans in their box, so obviously would never happen!
Trust board elections on 19:15 - Jun 19 with 3618 viewsbonymine

Mind you a ‘Jumble Sale’ would be a good way to offload the deadwood we currently have in our Squad 😉😉

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Trust board elections on 07:14 - Jun 21 with 3336 viewsKingBony

Trust board elections on 23:28 - Jun 16 by Uxbridge

And therein lies the rub. It's up to the candidates in terms of what the content is. If you think it's not up to snuff, don't vote for them. You don't have to use all your votes.

My annual offer to sign anyone's application still stands. Even yours . To clear that one up, you can nominate as many as you want.

What’s the point of needing 6 nominations if you don’t have to know the person at all?

Joke of an organisation and you golden boy godden are at the forefront.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Trust board elections on 07:16 - Jun 21 with 3335 viewsKingBony

Trust board elections on 19:36 - Jun 17 by Garyjack

Thanks the Trust team.

Go on Gaz 😂

Trust board elections on 13:34 - Jun 22 with 3087 viewsScottishEddie

The Trust will never take legal action, it will expose the fact that they knew all along.

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Trust board elections on 13:36 - Jun 22 with 3086 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust board elections on 13:34 - Jun 22 by ScottishEddie

The Trust will never take legal action, it will expose the fact that they knew all along.

Fair play, Bobs. You’re indefatigable

Trust board elections on 21:28 - Jun 22 with 2991 viewsThursday

Trust board elections on 07:14 - Jun 21 by KingBony

What’s the point of needing 6 nominations if you don’t have to know the person at all?

Joke of an organisation and you golden boy godden are at the forefront.

Not unusual for a candidate to need a number of signatures to run on a ballot. Doesn't matter if you know the person, you just have to listen to their platform or even just believe in democracy and leave it at that. If the Trust openly supports recommendations from people who do not know the candidate, maybe they should revert to the more traditional ballot method--just gaining enough signatures to run.
Trust board elections on 11:09 - Jun 23 with 2900 viewswaynekerr55

Trust board elections on 13:34 - Jun 22 by ScottishEddie

Hi Huw/Martin/Leigh (delete as appropriate)

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Trust board elections on 17:09 - Jun 23 with 2844 viewsKingBony

Trust board elections on 21:28 - Jun 22 by Thursday

Not unusual for a candidate to need a number of signatures to run on a ballot. Doesn't matter if you know the person, you just have to listen to their platform or even just believe in democracy and leave it at that. If the Trust openly supports recommendations from people who do not know the candidate, maybe they should revert to the more traditional ballot method--just gaining enough signatures to run.

It’s a joke mate let’s be honest. Seriously what Is the fecking point if you just have ppl offering to sign your form?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024