Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust board elections 18:31 - Jun 16 with 21625 viewsexiledclaseboy

Can we make this a sticky please to encourage as many candidates as possible.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2018/06/16/trust-board-elections-2018/

Trust Board Elections 2018
June 16, 2018

The Swansea City Supporters’ Trust holds Annual Elections for Swans Trust Members to have the chance to be elected to the Trust Board. Full Board Members usually serve for a two year term and are eligible to stand for re-election. This year however, as a result of mid term vacancies which need to be filled, two of the Members elected may serve for ONE year, but will be eligible to stand for re-election.

THERE ARE SEVEN VACANCIES TO BE FILLED FOR THE 2018 ELECTION YEAR.

If you would like to put yourself forward to be elected as a Trust Board Member, please download the NOMINATION FORM below and send the completed form back to the Secretary by the 4TH JULY, 2018.

Trust-Board-Nomination-2018
Please include your name and full address on the Form. Note that nominations MUST be supported by SIX Swans Trust Members who were full Members (i.e. have paid a Membership Fee) on the date of this Notice — 16th June, 2018.

What you are required to do:.

Complete a brief statement (max. 250 words) about yourself with your Nomination Form for circulation to Full Trust Members in the event of a Ballot being required.

A ballot will be held if more than SEVEN Members are nominated. Trust Members who held full membership on the date of this election notice — 16th June 2018 will be eligible to vote in any subsequent ballot.

If elected you will serve for a period of ONE or TWO years from 1st August 2018. The main qualification you will need is enthusiasm and a desire to see the Swans succeed through the Club and the Trust working together. No experience is necessary, there is no pay.

You will be expected to join the monthly Board Meetings which are normally held on the first Monday of each month in Swansea commencing at 5.30pm, and participate in other Trust related activities as appropriate.

You are eligible to stand for election if

* On the date of this Notice you are a Full Swans Trust Member and you are aged 18 or over.

* You are not subject to a disqualification order under the Company Directors Disqualification Act.

* You have not been convicted of an indictable offence.

Should you have any questions or queries then please contact us.

Nigel Hamer

Secretary

16th June, 2018
[Post edited 16 Jun 2018 18:33]

Poll: Tory leader

Trust board elections on 21:07 - Jun 23 with 3532 viewswaynekerr55

Trust board elections on 11:09 - Jun 23 by waynekerr55

Hi Huw/Martin/Leigh (delete as appropriate)

Look out, mart6 has stopped sucking sellout cock to downarrow any attack on them.

Absolute melt of a human.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Trust board elections on 09:33 - Jun 25 with 3310 viewsDewi1jack

Still living too far away from Swansea to be able to make meetings on a week night.

Was thinking of renewing for the 1 very, very last time purely for the legal vote. Voted no deal at the start and absolutely nothing has changed my mind that I was wrong.
Respect for the ones that voted yes. At least they could be bothered to vote at no cost to themselves, unlike nearly half the membership.

Maybe one last time, just to try and get a reasonable committee to take it forward.

I do think there should be a question paper put to the people who want to stand, with questions set by the members. Much like a clear manifesto
Questions such as "where do you stand on legal action?"
"which way did you vote and why?" rather than " Can you speak Welsh? Can you hug Beaky and Dimwit and enjoy a pint in the directors box?"

Would be a better way than 250 word statement IMHO

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Trust board elections on 08:47 - Jun 26 with 3173 viewscostalotta

Trust board elections on 09:33 - Jun 25 by Dewi1jack

Still living too far away from Swansea to be able to make meetings on a week night.

Was thinking of renewing for the 1 very, very last time purely for the legal vote. Voted no deal at the start and absolutely nothing has changed my mind that I was wrong.
Respect for the ones that voted yes. At least they could be bothered to vote at no cost to themselves, unlike nearly half the membership.

Maybe one last time, just to try and get a reasonable committee to take it forward.

I do think there should be a question paper put to the people who want to stand, with questions set by the members. Much like a clear manifesto
Questions such as "where do you stand on legal action?"
"which way did you vote and why?" rather than " Can you speak Welsh? Can you hug Beaky and Dimwit and enjoy a pint in the directors box?"

Would be a better way than 250 word statement IMHO

Why? The Trust is gone fella! Absolutely no influence at all. In fact, if anything due to its lack of capital to invest, extremely poor decisions and running over the last few years what can it possibly offer the club and the fan base going forward?
Trust board elections on 10:15 - Jun 26 with 3143 viewsGaryjack

Trust board elections on 17:09 - Jun 23 by KingBony

It’s a joke mate let’s be honest. Seriously what Is the fecking point if you just have ppl offering to sign your form?

Seems clear enough to me. The more people that stand, the more the votes for them will be divided so that the 'old guard' get voted back in!
Trust board elections on 11:10 - Jun 26 with 3122 viewsDewi1jack

Trust board elections on 08:47 - Jun 26 by costalotta

Why? The Trust is gone fella! Absolutely no influence at all. In fact, if anything due to its lack of capital to invest, extremely poor decisions and running over the last few years what can it possibly offer the club and the fan base going forward?

The logical side of me says you're right.

Badly run for a few years.
Far, far too comfy with the other directors, "Oooh. Look at me in the Directors box. I'm impotent me is!"
"I wish these plebs would stop their whinging. Case of tail trying to wag the dog don'tcha think Jase dahling."

Very badly (deliberately for the above reason IMHO. Very possibly rigged as well) worded ballot paper. Certainly no wiggle room for any that wanted consultation and if it failed, legal action taken. All or fukall from the start.
All influence lost- if there ever was any. Although membership properly pushed by the Trust may have seen over 10,000 members, all of us attending games. We'll never know on that.
But even 9,000 annoyed fans could certainly make for an uncomfy time for the owners.
But the Trust can't be bothered to try and increase the member numbers from a paltry 1500 or so.

My heart on the other hand, hopes that legal action can be taken and won, ensuring that the Trust may be able to save the club, should the worst ever occur again.
Or they could chuck in with new owners (£20 Millionish cash makes it a viable proposition to most new owners) and become a valued partner.

Of course, the Trust needs a good clear out of hoity toity, only in it for the kudos seekers first.
A proper bunch of loyal supporters on the committee instead.
And truthfully, I don't give a flying fug if you speak Welsh or not. Or want to spend your life hugging trees.
I only want you to fight for what's best for the club and her lovely, slightly crazy supporters.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Trust board elections on 06:19 - Jun 27 with 3005 viewsE20Jack

Trust board elections on 11:10 - Jun 26 by Dewi1jack

The logical side of me says you're right.

Badly run for a few years.
Far, far too comfy with the other directors, "Oooh. Look at me in the Directors box. I'm impotent me is!"
"I wish these plebs would stop their whinging. Case of tail trying to wag the dog don'tcha think Jase dahling."

Very badly (deliberately for the above reason IMHO. Very possibly rigged as well) worded ballot paper. Certainly no wiggle room for any that wanted consultation and if it failed, legal action taken. All or fukall from the start.
All influence lost- if there ever was any. Although membership properly pushed by the Trust may have seen over 10,000 members, all of us attending games. We'll never know on that.
But even 9,000 annoyed fans could certainly make for an uncomfy time for the owners.
But the Trust can't be bothered to try and increase the member numbers from a paltry 1500 or so.

My heart on the other hand, hopes that legal action can be taken and won, ensuring that the Trust may be able to save the club, should the worst ever occur again.
Or they could chuck in with new owners (£20 Millionish cash makes it a viable proposition to most new owners) and become a valued partner.

Of course, the Trust needs a good clear out of hoity toity, only in it for the kudos seekers first.
A proper bunch of loyal supporters on the committee instead.
And truthfully, I don't give a flying fug if you speak Welsh or not. Or want to spend your life hugging trees.
I only want you to fight for what's best for the club and her lovely, slightly crazy supporters.

Even the latest editions seem to toe the party line, whether that is what the reality is we don't know of course, but it certainly seems that way.

Highlighted by refusing to answer who holds what opinion on the board. Makes no sense, who would not want their opinion to be aired, and what would the reasons for that be? The only way people would not want to reveal their view is if they feel it is somehow incorrect or is for reasons not aligned with those who they are divulging that info to.

Far too many scared to ruffle any feathers.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Trust board elections on 04:03 - Jun 28 with 2850 viewsScottishEddie

Trust board elections on 19:13 - Jun 16 by exiledclaseboy

Thanks. Actually though we need both quality and quantity if the direction of the Trust board is to be properly influenced and changed. There are seven vacancies this time, out of the 11 elected members the board has. It’s a huge opportunity to get new people on board.

The Trust are not really putting it out there though, if you don’t read this forum you won’t know about it.

And now you have a closed Facebook group? I don’t think its the way forward.

You need to engage with all fans and I’d like to see some younger faces on the board, I’m not saying you are old but the current crop of ex-teachers almost treat young fans with contempt, so out of touch!!

You have got my vote though, hopefully Lisa will stand too!

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Trust board elections on 18:37 - Jun 28 with 2752 viewsdobjack2

Trust board elections on 06:19 - Jun 27 by E20Jack

Even the latest editions seem to toe the party line, whether that is what the reality is we don't know of course, but it certainly seems that way.

Highlighted by refusing to answer who holds what opinion on the board. Makes no sense, who would not want their opinion to be aired, and what would the reasons for that be? The only way people would not want to reveal their view is if they feel it is somehow incorrect or is for reasons not aligned with those who they are divulging that info to.

Far too many scared to ruffle any feathers.

Collective responsibility in decision making? Won’t know unless the make up of the committee changes.
Login to get fewer ads

Trust board elections on 18:02 - Jun 30 with 2588 viewsexiledclaseboy

Closing date for candidates to submit their forms is Wednesday. Get on it people. The more the better.

Trust board elections on 18:21 - Jun 30 with 2581 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 18:02 - Jun 30 by exiledclaseboy

Closing date for candidates to submit their forms is Wednesday. Get on it people. The more the better.

🤔
Trust board elections on 18:25 - Jun 30 with 2575 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust board elections on 18:21 - Jun 30 by Phil_S

🤔

Do it.

Trust board elections on 20:53 - Jun 30 with 2550 viewsDewi1jack

Trust board elections on 18:25 - Jun 30 by exiledclaseboy

Do it.

Don't see why not.
Once bitten twice shy springs to mind.
And Phil is a decent bloke who I'm not sure at all wasn't suckered by the other committee members, in it for the glory

Of course I could also be wrong in my assumptions.
Guess we'll never find out the whole truth in any case

Trust board elections on 08:30 - Jul 1 with 2483 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 20:53 - Jun 30 by Dewi1jack

Don't see why not.
Once bitten twice shy springs to mind.
And Phil is a decent bloke who I'm not sure at all wasn't suckered by the other committee members, in it for the glory

Of course I could also be wrong in my assumptions.
Guess we'll never find out the whole truth in any case

Do you think I’d get bobby Fischer’s vote ?
Trust board elections on 10:05 - Jul 1 with 2448 viewsDewi1jack

Trust board elections on 08:30 - Jul 1 by Phil_S

Do you think I’d get bobby Fischer’s vote ?

Miracles can happen

Trust board elections on 12:50 - Jul 1 with 2411 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 18:25 - Jun 30 by exiledclaseboy

Do it.

Is that an order? 😂
Trust board elections on 12:55 - Jul 1 with 2409 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust board elections on 12:50 - Jul 1 by Phil_S

Is that an order? 😂

If you like.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 12:57]

Trust board elections on 13:12 - Jul 1 with 2401 viewslondonlisa2001

Trust board elections on 12:50 - Jul 1 by Phil_S

Is that an order? 😂

Yep.
Trust board elections on 13:21 - Jul 1 with 2389 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 13:12 - Jul 1 by londonlisa2001

Yep.

You may have noticed I’ve done this before mind 😂

And I’ve nobody to seeing it either 😂

This post has been edited by an administrator
Trust board elections on 18:17 - Jul 1 with 2309 viewsTheResurrection

Trust board elections on 13:21 - Jul 1 by Phil_S

You may have noticed I’ve done this before mind 😂

And I’ve nobody to seeing it either 😂

This post has been edited by an administrator

Are you standing again Phil?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Trust board elections on 18:50 - Jul 1 with 2289 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 18:17 - Jul 1 by TheResurrection

Are you standing again Phil?

if I did would you second my nomination and vote for me...
Trust board elections on 19:23 - Jul 1 with 2274 viewsAlgorfajack

Trust board elections on 18:50 - Jul 1 by Phil_S

I would, in an instant

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Trust board elections on 19:41 - Jul 1 with 2256 viewsplasjack

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Trust board elections on 19:59 - Jul 1 with 2235 viewsTheResurrection

I'd have to come on there with you to keep an eye on you 👀

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Trust board elections on 20:08 - Jul 1 with 2229 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust board elections on 19:59 - Jul 1 by TheResurrection

Are you going to stand, Chris? I hope you do (genuinely).

Trust board elections on 20:22 - Jul 1 with 2216 viewsPhil_S

Trust board elections on 19:59 - Jul 1 by TheResurrection

Well thats a good reason then for me to do just that...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024