Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can VAR officials read the game ? 07:27 - Jun 18 with 1409 viewstrampie

An Aussie makes contact with the ball but a pen is given, then there is a push on a Brazilian defender but a goal is given, I have seen the equivalent of VAR official[s] get it wrong in rugby but fairly rare, famously Wales had a perfectly good try not awarded against England last season and the World governing authority apologised to the Welsh.
Football has a long way to go, football officials in the 'hut' are having a mare so far.
VAR is a good thing but officials in the 'box' need to up their game.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Can VAR officials read the game ? on 07:39 - Jun 18 with 1392 viewsshandyjack

After he made contact with the ball his trailing leg takes out Greizman,stonewall pen and correct decision, if the Swiss goal was ruled out then most headers scored would be disallowed. VAR has worked perfectly so far

Poll: Expectation for the season

Can VAR officials read the game ? on 07:45 - Jun 18 with 1388 viewsNeath_Jack

Can VAR officials read the game ? on 07:39 - Jun 18 by shandyjack

After he made contact with the ball his trailing leg takes out Greizman,stonewall pen and correct decision, if the Swiss goal was ruled out then most headers scored would be disallowed. VAR has worked perfectly so far

Quite right sir.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Can VAR officials read the game ? on 08:00 - Jun 18 with 1366 viewstrampie

It would not be worth competing for any 50-50 ball, because whoever wins it, in the act of winning it a split second later they are likely to come into contact with the opposing player as part of the same play - nobody will go for a 50-50 ball, everyone will just stop and watch each other - lol.

A push is a push, its not a coming together its a deliberate push, just as the Brazilian was about to jump he was pushed preventing him jumping to head the ball.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Can VAR officials read the game ? on 08:05 - Jun 18 with 1351 viewsPegojack

I didn't see the incident so I'm not commenting on that, just what you've written.
If a player played the ball and then his trailing leg caught an opponent, that is not a foul.
Can VAR officials read the game ? on 10:14 - Jun 18 with 1252 viewsNeath_Jack

Can VAR officials read the game ? on 08:05 - Jun 18 by Pegojack

I didn't see the incident so I'm not commenting on that, just what you've written.
If a player played the ball and then his trailing leg caught an opponent, that is not a foul.

Yes it is and it was.

Confirmed by the ref that was in the studio, Clattenburg I think.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Can VAR officials read the game ? on 10:25 - Jun 18 with 1238 viewsShaky

i think it depends on the situation, specifically whether the initial touch is enough to avert danger.

For me it was in the case of the Australia v France game, where the initial contact made cleanly with the ball forced the striker to take a heavy touch, and he would have lost control of the ball regardless of whether the trailing leg tripped him.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Can VAR officials read the game ? on 12:45 - Jun 18 with 1177 viewsHighjack

I thought it was a fantastic tackle.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Can VAR officials read the game ? on 13:30 - Jun 18 with 1156 viewsshandyjack

The player made an effort to make sure his trailing leg caught Greizman, he’s in on goal and will score if he’s not caught like he is. First tackle spot on but follow through is a foul

Poll: Expectation for the season

Login to get fewer ads

Can VAR officials read the game ? on 13:32 - Jun 18 with 1153 viewsLeonWasGod

Can VAR officials read the game ? on 12:45 - Jun 18 by Highjack

I thought it was a fantastic tackle.

On first watching I did too. Maybe didn't quite get enough on the ball though. Maybe.

Shows how difficult it is to get a unanimous decisions even with VAR. If it's not clear maybe they should just stick to the ref's original real-time decision.
Can VAR officials read the game ? on 03:25 - Jun 19 with 1054 viewsWanderer

Was it? could it? if?
VAR should go, leave it to Johnny on the spot the referee to decide live in the moment.

discuss in the bar, in the media after the game as football fans have always done.

Hate VAR.
Can VAR officials read the game ? on 07:08 - Jun 19 with 1014 viewsMrSwerve

It needs to be used as it is in Rugby; as a tool to call upon if the referee decides it is needed.

I don't really like the whole 'VAR is looking at it' 20 secs after the incident and while play is carrying on.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Can VAR officials read the game ? on 07:21 - Jun 19 with 992 viewsJango

There’s been quite a number of correct decisions made already using var which wouldn’t have otherwise. Has to be used. They need to sort out the review process though. A big screen for the ref to make an immediate call would do it like rugby. Last nights game England should have had 2 pens but I think there’s a degree of worry about the time issue. That shouldn’t be more important than the correct decision.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024