Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Question Time 12:51 - Jun 18 with 5821 viewsLohengrin

I’ve finally had chance to watch the episode that aired on the 14th and find myself getting more and more frustrated with the format of what used to be the Beeb’s flagship politics programme. It’s in need of a good shake-up.

How much better had it simply consisted of a debate between John Mann and Dominic Grieve with David Dimbleby in the chair? An informed pro-Brexit view from the left and its obverse from the right with all the screen-time eating frippery and distraction stripped away.

As it was I wasted over half the programme hitting the fast-forward button getting to the segments of any worth. The audience was the first to go. Isabel Oakeshott, ever decorous but in this context dispensable; Matthew Wright, this week’s token non-politico making the invariably pointless contribution; Leanne Wood, Penygraig’s platitude-mumbling numbskull illustrating perfectly why calling polytechnics universities doesn’t make it so.

The purpose of a programme like that ought to be to provoke and inform, not to parade a selection of cliches. The place where, as Runciman said, ”the truth goes to die.”

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

BBC Question Time on 09:51 - Nov 9 with 825 viewsLeonWasGod

BBC Question Time on 23:15 - Nov 8 by lifelong

That bloke in the audience had a slightly controversial view, reckoned those that carry knives should be exterminated.

You know they're getting desperate to attract audiences when they have to wheel out the Daleks
BBC Question Time on 10:07 - Nov 9 with 806 viewspikeypaul

It’s the lack of quality of the panel that is of more concern.

Take a look at it last nights “guests” truly shocking.

We even had Abbott defending the knife murderers but that was no surprise with her track record and her knowing in all probability the offenders are black. She’s the most racist politician there is.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

BBC Question Time on 18:31 - Nov 9 with 734 viewsCatullus

BBC Question Time on 10:07 - Nov 9 by pikeypaul

We even had Abbott defending the knife murderers but that was no surprise with her track record and her knowing in all probability the offenders are black. She’s the most racist politician there is.

No one of any quality wants to go on it anymore, possibly in case they accidentally tell the truth about their opinions. Modern politicians tend to like controlled environments, they don't like responding to questions that they don't know in advance!
Heck, even PMQ's are prescripted now; after Blair demanded all questions were submitted beforehand and it stuck.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

BBC Question Time on 18:38 - Nov 9 with 728 viewswaynekerr55

BBC Question Time on 10:07 - Nov 9 by pikeypaul

What exactly did she say? Now I know she says some pretty stupid things (particularly when she's in the midst of a hypo/hyper), but surely she said no such thing?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

BBC Question Time on 18:44 - Nov 9 with 720 viewsbluey_the_blue

BBC Question Time on 23:15 - Nov 8 by lifelong

That bloke in the audience had a slightly controversial view, reckoned those that carry knives should be exterminated.

He didn't.

He wanted a mandatory 15 yer sentence for anyone carrying a knife.

What he was on to say was he couldn't understand how twisted you have to be to repeatedly stab somebody over and over, those people should be exterminated.
BBC Question Time on 18:45 - Nov 9 with 718 viewsbluey_the_blue

BBC Question Time on 18:38 - Nov 9 by waynekerr55

What exactly did she say? Now I know she says some pretty stupid things (particularly when she's in the midst of a hypo/hyper), but surely she said no such thing?

It was the usual playing down of any possible racial element to knifings, playing off socio-economics.

Abbott wasn't her usual batshit crazy self on QT.
BBC Question Time on 19:15 - Nov 9 with 704 viewspikeypaul

She also tried to blame the lack of decent jobs for the perpetrators of these offences for the reason they are murdering each other.

She did not mention that London has probably the best opportunity for employment for decent educated youngsters and choose to ignore the fact the scum that carry out these attacks are unemployable and yes no one was allowed to say this a 99% black problem since stating facts apparently is racist.

There is a lack of well paid jobs in most areas for uneducated youngsters yet they do not go around stabbing each other like this community in London,strange that isn’t it.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

BBC Question Time on 19:41 - Nov 9 with 686 viewsWingstandwood

On the news tonight blaming lack of resources on spiralling knife crime, blah, blah, blah.

Don't get me wrong police cuts have implications. But police numbers are not the main concern. It's the lack of police enthusiasm for stop and search and something even more significant and profound than that i.e. the impact of family breakdown, dysfunctional society, dysfunctional families and lack of discipline.

SKY News took the common sense (don't get much of that nowadays!) approach and interviewed two older generation black guys regarding black youth crime. These two guys were very astute with their 'streetwise' common sense appraisal, what they said would also apply to white youth also.

They said the many homes/households/families without a role-model and disciplinarian/authoritarian father figure was the main root cause for law breaking and gang culture.

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

BBC Question Time on 21:13 - Nov 9 with 638 viewstheloneranger

It's strange that the media and television are no longer reporting the sick game called "Scores" being played in London, where gang members win points for stabbing people, and more points are awarded if the knife is inserted all the way up to the hilt, or if the victim is stabbed in the face. Bonus points are awarded if a visible scar is left.

Top points if the victim is murdered.

This game is being played out across Social Media.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

BBC Question Time on 21:22 - Nov 9 with 631 viewsKilkennyjack

BBC Question Time on 19:15 - Nov 9 by pikeypaul

She also tried to blame the lack of decent jobs for the perpetrators of these offences for the reason they are murdering each other.

She did not mention that London has probably the best opportunity for employment for decent educated youngsters and choose to ignore the fact the scum that carry out these attacks are unemployable and yes no one was allowed to say this a 99% black problem since stating facts apparently is racist.

There is a lack of well paid jobs in most areas for uneducated youngsters yet they do not go around stabbing each other like this community in London,strange that isn’t it.

Just to be clear - you are saying that young black men are involved in 99 per cent of knife crime simply because they are black.

Really ?

Beware of the Risen People

BBC Question Time on 21:47 - Nov 9 with 611 viewsbluey_the_blue

BBC Question Time on 21:22 - Nov 9 by Kilkennyjack

Just to be clear - you are saying that young black men are involved in 99 per cent of knife crime simply because they are black.

Really ?

Did he say that?
BBC Question Time on 21:56 - Nov 9 with 607 viewspikeypaul

Of course I didnt the thick terrorist lover is just being a tw@t as usual.

They were talking specifically about the recent spate of gang knifings around London.

Just take a look at the victims and the people wanted in connection with the murders and
it’s not hard to work it out even for the thick Irish prick.

BBC Question Time on 22:05 - Nov 9 with 595 viewsraynor94

BBC Question Time on 21:22 - Nov 9 by Kilkennyjack

Really ?

Read his post again

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

BBC Question Time on 09:16 - Nov 10 with 522 viewsKilkennyjack

BBC Question Time on 22:05 - Nov 9 by raynor94

Read his post again

Well he states its 99 per cent black crime, but offers no reasons why it should be so ?

Although he is quite certain it is not a lack of good job opportunities.
Many professionals do link crime to lack of socio-economic opportunities.

What can it be then ?

Tough on the causes of crime, but we dont know what the cause could possibly be?
Weird.

BBC Question Time on 09:37 - Nov 10 with 512 viewsCatullus

BBC Question Time on 09:16 - Nov 10 by Kilkennyjack

Well he states its 99 per cent black crime, but offers no reasons why it should be so ?

Although he is quite certain it is not a lack of good job opportunities.
Many professionals do link crime to lack of socio-economic opportunities.

What can it be then ?

Tough on the causes of crime, but we dont know what the cause could possibly be?
Weird.

One of the causes, quite possibly.....gang culture. It rules the roost in many large cities across the world. Where you live, who your friends are decides what gang you end up in and often you don't have a choice, if you're not with that gang then you're against them.

In America gang culture is deeply ingrained in many areas. Gangs are hard to escape. I read a very good book written by former 'Mau Mau' Nicky Cruz, it's about his time in the gang. He escaped gang life and became a Christian Evangelist....from one dodgy gang to another in my book!!
Whichever big city you look at in the UK, London, Manchester, wherever, there is a problem with gangs and we are feeling it here in Swansea too with the 'County Lines' shenanigans, inner city gangs trying to spread their evil.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

BBC Question Time on 09:43 - Nov 10 with 509 viewsswanjackal

BBC Question Time on 09:37 - Nov 10 by Catullus

One of the causes, quite possibly.....gang culture. It rules the roost in many large cities across the world. Where you live, who your friends are decides what gang you end up in and often you don't have a choice, if you're not with that gang then you're against them.

In America gang culture is deeply ingrained in many areas. Gangs are hard to escape. I read a very good book written by former 'Mau Mau' Nicky Cruz, it's about his time in the gang. He escaped gang life and became a Christian Evangelist....from one dodgy gang to another in my book!!
Whichever big city you look at in the UK, London, Manchester, wherever, there is a problem with gangs and we are feeling it here in Swansea too with the 'County Lines' shenanigans, inner city gangs trying to spread their evil.

Christ, there is a name from the past. Remember watching "The Cross and the Switchblade" with the ultimate male, Eric Estrada, in the role of Cruz. way back when doing RE in comprehensive,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

BBC Question Time on 12:42 - Nov 10 with 484 viewsKilkennyjack

BBC Question Time on 09:37 - Nov 10 by Catullus

Good post

BBC Question Time on 15:41 - Nov 11 with 397 viewsCatullus

BBC Question Time on 09:43 - Nov 10 by swanjackal

Christ, there is a name from the past. Remember watching "The Cross and the Switchblade" with the ultimate male, Eric Estrada, in the role of Cruz. way back when doing RE in comprehensive,

It's one hell of a story, all the more compelling because it's true.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024