Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England win a game.... 08:57 - Jun 19 with 11034 viewsJethroJack

...at the World Cup against a very poor side.
And (once again) the players & media behave as if they've already lifted the Cup.
Is this due to accumulated desperation from 52 years of repeated failures at WCs & Euros?

Wouldn't it be better to keep some perspective in order to soften the inevitable disappointment that's just around the corner when they meet some quality.

Or why not over-react and enjoy a win against poor opposition, whilst the going's good?

Unlike the media, my English mates have decided to keep a lid on it, as they know their football.
England win a game.... on 09:01 - Jun 19 with 6183 viewsmoonie

All media is cringe worthy and thecWelsh are just as bad

Recall the rugby hype at any tournament
England win a game.... on 09:24 - Jun 19 with 6151 viewssherpajacob

Always makes me chuckle.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

England win a game.... on 09:25 - Jun 19 with 6142 viewsFireboy2

My english mates are the same JJ

Its taken 52 years though
England win a game.... on 09:33 - Jun 19 with 6124 viewsPegojack

I couldn't believe BBC Breakfast this morning, I thought England had beaten Germany 10-0 in the final, such was the ecstatic coverage from the word go. Is there seriously no other world news they could have led with for the first ten minutes?

Roll on the next round and their inevitable elimination.
England win a game.... on 09:45 - Jun 19 with 6086 viewsdickythorpe

The England players look so gloomy after a win. I know the media would have a pop at them for over celebrating, but the media are guilty as well of polishing a turd victory.
On the subject of celebration, they need to cut out that "pile on" act every time someone scores....you just know with England a metatarsal is waiting to crack!
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 9:46]
England win a game.... on 10:32 - Jun 19 with 6027 viewstheloneranger

England are 12/1 to win the World Cup.

That means if you bet £50 ...

You'll lose £50 😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

England win a game.... on 10:36 - Jun 19 with 6000 viewsomarjack

The English embarrassed themselves celebrating like monkeys as if they've scored a last minute extra time winner against Germany in the final or something.

As if they have zero self belief. It's bloody Tunisia in the group stage ffs..

Anyway who cares really what England do or don't..they won't reach the quarter finals.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

England win a game.... on 11:24 - Jun 19 with 5961 viewsJethroJack

England win a game.... on 10:36 - Jun 19 by omarjack

The English embarrassed themselves celebrating like monkeys as if they've scored a last minute extra time winner against Germany in the final or something.

As if they have zero self belief. It's bloody Tunisia in the group stage ffs..

Anyway who cares really what England do or don't..they won't reach the quarter finals.

Yes, never said I "cared", just find it really funny, happens in rugby too...and cricket...and...!!

It must be due to desperation for success...apparently, they played the best football of the tournament too....Portugal 3-3 Spain has been forgotten/ignored 😜
Login to get fewer ads

England win a game.... on 11:29 - Jun 19 with 5956 viewsJethroJack

England win a game.... on 09:01 - Jun 19 by moonie

Garland likes winding up the opposition, but I can't recall Welsh rugby claiming to be World Champions elect, like England. They're worse than ever since that Aussie rocked up...good seeing Eddie Jones's fizzog looking like a smacked arse after 6 defeats on the trot...a d one at Aitch-Q to a scratch BaaBaas side...priceless 😈
England win a game.... on 11:31 - Jun 19 with 5932 viewsomarjack

England win a game.... on 11:24 - Jun 19 by JethroJack

Yes, never said I "cared", just find it really funny, happens in rugby too...and cricket...and...!!

It must be due to desperation for success...apparently, they played the best football of the tournament too....Portugal 3-3 Spain has been forgotten/ignored 😜

I'm looking forward for some proper thrashing in the knockout stage that'll put them in their place..All of those diving cheating puffed up "stars"..

"oh em gee Harry Kane is going to top Klose's record!" haha..as if he'll play enough World Cup matches to do so..he better starts scoring hat-tricks.

Not to forget the funniest joke.."Jordan Henderson is a true leader..but you can't see it from the screen..But believe me he's been encouraging his teammates and giving them instructions" hahahaha..kill me now.

The media is excited that Kane is the 1st English player to score a double in the WC since 1990..lol if anything it's just an indication how sh!t the national team has always been you mugs.

A real joke of a national team.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 11:33]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

England win a game.... on 12:03 - Jun 19 with 5885 viewsperplex

England win a game.... on 09:01 - Jun 19 by moonie

And the Rugby world cup should really be called the played by a few countries cup, because most of the worlds countries have little or no interest in the game.
England win a game.... on 12:05 - Jun 19 with 5882 viewssherpajacob

Should not begrudge England celebrating a win against Tunisia.

In the last 3 world cups in total they've beaten the might of Slovenia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobago, and that's it.

England win a game.... on 12:07 - Jun 19 with 5875 viewsperplex

England win a game.... on 11:31 - Jun 19 by omarjack

I'm looking forward for some proper thrashing in the knockout stage that'll put them in their place..All of those diving cheating puffed up "stars"..

"oh em gee Harry Kane is going to top Klose's record!" haha..as if he'll play enough World Cup matches to do so..he better starts scoring hat-tricks.

Not to forget the funniest joke.."Jordan Henderson is a true leader..but you can't see it from the screen..But believe me he's been encouraging his teammates and giving them instructions" hahahaha..kill me now.

The media is excited that Kane is the 1st English player to score a double in the WC since 1990..lol if anything it's just an indication how sh!t the national team has always been you mugs.

A real joke of a national team.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 11:33]

At least they are there mun, and they qualify every time unlike ourselves, you need to stop the hating and jealousy and just accept they are superior to us.
England win a game.... on 12:09 - Jun 19 with 5870 viewsperplex

England win a game.... on 12:05 - Jun 19 by sherpajacob

Should not begrudge England celebrating a win against Tunisia.

In the last 3 world cups in total they've beaten the might of Slovenia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Trinidad & Tobago, and that's it.

Who have Wales beaten in the last three world cups, whoops sorry I forgot, they did not even qualify.
England win a game.... on 12:29 - Jun 19 with 5810 viewsJethroJack

England win a game.... on 12:09 - Jun 19 by perplex

Who have Wales beaten in the last three world cups, whoops sorry I forgot, they did not even qualify.

With respect, you've missed the point. We don't think we're world beaters see.
England do and their delusion is a constant source of humour to every other country.
Even Germany don't go banging on about being World Champions and they've achieved it numerous times.

If "Englanders" would just keep their gobs shut, then they wouldn't repeatedly become the figures of fun they've become for the last 50 odd years. Even their own media turn on them, if Kane hadn't got the last minute winner, this lot would have just been the latest bunch of Muppets to pull on the "3 Lions" 😁
England win a game.... on 12:29 - Jun 19 with 5810 viewsYossarian

England win a game.... on 12:03 - Jun 19 by perplex

And the Rugby world cup should really be called the played by a few countries cup, because most of the worlds countries have little or no interest in the game.

A bit like the World Series in baseball or the World tiddlywinks championship then....and your point is?

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

England win a game.... on 12:30 - Jun 19 with 5805 viewsJacket

What a pathetic comment. England has a population of nearly 50 million, football is by far the biggest spot, and failing to qualify would be absolutely embarrassing. Wales has a population of under 3 million that gets rugby rammed down it's throat where qualifying in itself would be an achievement. Only one country of 3 million or lower has achieved qualification this time, and usually not a single one achieves this.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 12:33]
England win a game.... on 12:35 - Jun 19 with 5787 viewsJoshTheJack

1 Up-Playing the best football so far.(lol)
1-1 Tunisia are a top African team,it's hotter than you think,the midges are really bad.
2-1 Up- They celebrated like they just got to the final.
They are Fecking deluded.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44528941
England win a game.... on 12:40 - Jun 19 with 5775 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I was at a 60th birthday party in London on the weekend and of all the Englishmen (and women) I spoke to not a single one thought they would get as far as the quarter finals. Scrape out of the group and then lose the first knockout game was the most common and most optimistic assessment.

If you assume that the media represents the view of the average England supporter my experience suggests that you’re wrong. They are incredibly realistic in my (admittedly limited) personal experience.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

England win a game.... on 13:19 - Jun 19 with 5703 viewssainthelens

It's really amusing that we get the hype every euro/world cup. They get a positive result and Lineker starts creaming himself. Also writing off Panama in same way that Iceland were 2 yrs ago. I personally hope they get to the quarters cos they'll all be at fever pitch and watching them fck it up and the inevitable excuses/ misery will be hysterical.
England win a game.... on 13:29 - Jun 19 with 5662 viewsdickythorpe

Lineker is a sad old man now. He's stealing a living.
England win a game.... on 13:31 - Jun 19 with 5657 viewssherpajacob

The European championships is arguably a higher standard of football than the world cup, and Wales have won more knockout round matches than England, ever.

England win a game.... on 13:34 - Jun 19 with 5645 viewsmoonie

Is this all we can offer?

Really.

And what has Eddie Jones to do wit this thread
England win a game.... on 13:54 - Jun 19 with 5614 viewsawayjack

England win a game.... on 09:33 - Jun 19 by Pegojack

I couldn't believe BBC Breakfast this morning, I thought England had beaten Germany 10-0 in the final, such was the ecstatic coverage from the word go. Is there seriously no other world news they could have led with for the first ten minutes?

Roll on the next round and their inevitable elimination.

BBC morning presenters clearly no interest in football making even more cringeworthy. They'll now build up Panama as world beaters.
England win a game.... on 15:52 - Jun 19 with 5534 viewsraynor94

I just love the smell of bitterness in the morning

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024