Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Viessman Combi boilers 22:06 - Jun 19 with 2642 viewsSgorioFruit

has anyone heard of these combi boilers?
and whats your thoughts?
German made, and will take over the UK market, so im told.

https://www.viessmann.co.uk/

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Viessman Combi boilers on 22:22 - Jun 19 with 2633 viewsmax936

From what I've heard they're the bollocks, think they have a few teething problems, but easily sorted, I can find out more if you like, as alternatives Vaillant, Worcester and Baxi are all pretty good with the Vaillant and Worcester probably 1 and 2 if not equal, I've a Vaillant had it for around 12 yrs and it works very well it had a few minor issues early doors, but touch wood its been very good since, need to add an external expansion vessel though do to extending the system, but that's not a fault of the boiler.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2018 22:23]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Viessman Combi boilers on 22:27 - Jun 19 with 2616 viewsjack_lord

Viessman Combi boilers on 22:22 - Jun 19 by max936

From what I've heard they're the bollocks, think they have a few teething problems, but easily sorted, I can find out more if you like, as alternatives Vaillant, Worcester and Baxi are all pretty good with the Vaillant and Worcester probably 1 and 2 if not equal, I've a Vaillant had it for around 12 yrs and it works very well it had a few minor issues early doors, but touch wood its been very good since, need to add an external expansion vessel though do to extending the system, but that's not a fault of the boiler.

Our stupid boiler is quite rapidly losing pressure now. It can go from 1.5 bar to less than .5 in a few hours when the heating is on.
If the water is left on constant with the heating off it stays pretty constant though.
Is it time to replace or repair?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Viessman Combi boilers on 22:37 - Jun 19 with 2597 viewsItchySphincter

Viessman Combi boilers on 22:22 - Jun 19 by max936

My Vailant is older than God and it's never f*cked up. Got Cyril to service every year. Could've have bought a gold plated boiler with what I've spent over the last 10-12 years but worth every penny.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Viessman Combi boilers on 22:41 - Jun 19 with 2584 viewsmax936

Viessman Combi boilers on 22:37 - Jun 19 by ItchySphincter

My Vailant is older than God and it's never f*cked up. Got Cyril to service every year. Could've have bought a gold plated boiler with what I've spent over the last 10-12 years but worth every penny.

Ecomax 828 I've got, had the diverter valve go twice, changed expansion vessel, replaced the condensate bottle and had to change the rubber expansion tube that was a manufactures upgrade though and I had to replace the burner seal another upgrade, fine at the minute though fingers crossed.

Viessman Combi boilers on 22:47 - Jun 19 with 2572 viewsmax936

Viessman Combi boilers on 22:27 - Jun 19 by jack_lord

Our stupid boiler is quite rapidly losing pressure now. It can go from 1.5 bar to less than .5 in a few hours when the heating is on.
If the water is left on constant with the heating off it stays pretty constant though.
Is it time to replace or repair?

I just wrote out a long list J, but unfortunately I accidentally pressed a button on this archiac lappy and lost the fing lot.

Probably the expansion vessel either needs replacing or re-pressurising, unless you've a weep on a rad valve or another valve on the heating system.

Viessman Combi boilers on 23:24 - Jun 19 with 2542 viewsjack_lord

Viessman Combi boilers on 22:47 - Jun 19 by max936

I just wrote out a long list J, but unfortunately I accidentally pressed a button on this archiac lappy and lost the fing lot.

Probably the expansion vessel either needs replacing or re-pressurising, unless you've a weep on a rad valve or another valve on the heating system.

is there an easy way to check the valves on the rads as there are a mixture in my house. I do suspect the rads, even though I can't see any leaks but the kitchen rad, possibly the newest was making a bit of a whining noise. I did tighten that up and it stopped whining but swear it is worse now.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Viessman Combi boilers on 23:31 - Jun 19 with 2535 viewscontroversial_jack

Viessman Combi boilers on 23:24 - Jun 19 by jack_lord

is there an easy way to check the valves on the rads as there are a mixture in my house. I do suspect the rads, even though I can't see any leaks but the kitchen rad, possibly the newest was making a bit of a whining noise. I did tighten that up and it stopped whining but swear it is worse now.

I have one, it's only a few years ago and seems ok
Viessman Combi boilers on 09:51 - Jun 20 with 2430 viewsKingstonJack

Had a Viessman for 3 years and it’s been great 👍🏻
Login to get fewer ads

Viessman Combi boilers on 11:31 - Jun 20 with 2391 viewsmonmouth

Mine (Vaillant) is 20 years old and generally fine, but I'm pondering replacement just because at its age I don't want it to go pop in the winter. Then again it's been so reliable I'm loath to change to something with built in obscelescence. I've never done a thing to maintain except the yearly brushing of the jets or whatever the hell the bloke does in the 15 mins he is here.

Is 3K around the cost to change one of these things or is that a rip off estimate? I seem to recall a neighbour with the same type of house saying that was what they were quoted last year.

Why Viessman particularly Scorio? Are they meant to last longer or be cheaper to run or something?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Viessman Combi boilers on 13:19 - Jun 20 with 2341 viewsBarrySwan

Viessman Combi boilers on 22:47 - Jun 19 by max936

You need to check the expansion pipe on the outside wall if there is evidence of a drip or previous dripping down the wall then it is probable that your expansion vessel pressure has not been checked or topped up in living memory and more than likely the Pressure relief valve has blown due to this and is now passing.

I would estimate that any sealed system boiler over 3 years old has a lower than correct pressure in the expansion vessel due to the fact that engineers never check the pressure when servicing, the reason they don't do this ( quite understandably ) is because they need to drain the system ( or isolate the boiler and drain it ) to do so.

Of course any leaks from rad valves can cause pressure loss and it's easy to run your hands round each one to see if there is any evidence of them leaking plus checking the carpet underneath for dampness.

Viessman boilers have been around for years and have a very good reputation although I have never fitted any. Vaillant and Worcester Bosch generally have the best reputations for build quality and reliability though of course like anything else it is possible to unfortunately buy one that proves to be troublesome.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 13:22]
Viessman Combi boilers on 13:23 - Jun 20 with 2332 viewsdickythorpe

Worcester, tremendous
Viessman Combi boilers on 16:20 - Jun 20 with 2281 viewsmax936

Viessman Combi boilers on 13:19 - Jun 20 by BarrySwan

You need to check the expansion pipe on the outside wall if there is evidence of a drip or previous dripping down the wall then it is probable that your expansion vessel pressure has not been checked or topped up in living memory and more than likely the Pressure relief valve has blown due to this and is now passing.

I would estimate that any sealed system boiler over 3 years old has a lower than correct pressure in the expansion vessel due to the fact that engineers never check the pressure when servicing, the reason they don't do this ( quite understandably ) is because they need to drain the system ( or isolate the boiler and drain it ) to do so.

Of course any leaks from rad valves can cause pressure loss and it's easy to run your hands round each one to see if there is any evidence of them leaking plus checking the carpet underneath for dampness.

Viessman boilers have been around for years and have a very good reputation although I have never fitted any. Vaillant and Worcester Bosch generally have the best reputations for build quality and reliability though of course like anything else it is possible to unfortunately buy one that proves to be troublesome.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 13:22]

Aye, l wrote about the pressure relief valve and pipe in my first attempt at a reply, but it got lost, yeah if system is losing pressure with heating on there would be signs of water dripping out of that pipe.

Viessman Combi boilers on 19:45 - Jun 20 with 2241 viewsCooperman

Viessman Combi boilers on 22:41 - Jun 19 by max936

Ecomax 828 I've got, had the diverter valve go twice, changed expansion vessel, replaced the condensate bottle and had to change the rubber expansion tube that was a manufactures upgrade though and I had to replace the burner seal another upgrade, fine at the minute though fingers crossed.

This reminds me of the story of Trigger's brush.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Viessman Combi boilers on 20:04 - Jun 20 with 2230 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

British Gas RD1 came with the house, has been fine for 10 years, fingers crossed!.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Viessman Combi boilers on 22:40 - Jun 20 with 2202 viewsmax936

Viessman Combi boilers on 19:45 - Jun 20 by Cooperman

This reminds me of the story of Trigger's brush.

Viessman Combi boilers on 21:44 - Jun 25 with 2069 viewsSgorioFruit

sorry for late reply, and thanks for your input guys.

The reason why I asked,
the local plumber who has a well renowned and successful business has chosen to only install Viessman boilers and none else. He swears that they are the future and installs each one with a ten year warranty, He states that parts wont necessarily be more expensive because it is German made.
I wanted to know your opinions before I more than likely go down the route of getting this guy in to get cracking.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Viessman Combi boilers on 22:21 - Jun 25 with 2051 viewsmax936

Viessman Combi boilers on 21:44 - Jun 25 by SgorioFruit

sorry for late reply, and thanks for your input guys.

The reason why I asked,
the local plumber who has a well renowned and successful business has chosen to only install Viessman boilers and none else. He swears that they are the future and installs each one with a ten year warranty, He states that parts wont necessarily be more expensive because it is German made.
I wanted to know your opinions before I more than likely go down the route of getting this guy in to get cracking.

They do training days for gas installers, they're first class as well I've been told, but you do sort of get brain washed by the hard sell in what is a classroom based environment before they take you to the training areas where they show all there is to show about repairing them, I'm told its quite an intensive course.
At the gas training centre at Tycoch college all they use is Viessman Boilers to teach engineers boiler diagnostic's and repair so I'm told.
But like everything time will tell as to whether they'll be the future.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024