Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
electricians 09:26 - Jun 20 with 3443 viewsjack_lord

House keeps tripping. If I turn off one of the fuses, everything is fine. I have swapped the fuses around but the fault stays on that ring main.
Does it mean that the fault is definitely on that ring mean or something else is causing it to trip?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

electricians on 07:58 - Jun 21 with 892 viewsItchySphincter

electricians on 07:21 - Jun 21 by KingBony

Butt out of it then you quim 👍

Definitely switch off all the appliances and switch on one by one until it trips - I’d expect even an electrician would want you to do that before coming out. It’s probably a kettle or toaster or something like that. That’s the whole point of having protection on the circuit. If it’s a new installation there maybe a short behind one of the sockets - sometimes the metal box and the wire touch if it’s been stripped back too far or something. It won’t be anything too complicated.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

electricians on 13:45 - Jun 21 with 837 viewsjack_lord

Ive isolated the cabling and narrowed it down to dishwasher or wallsocket. The rest of the ring main is on and fine. Shame i cant get at the plug as it is so bloody well built in.

electricians on 21:50 - Jun 21 with 776 viewspeenemunde

electricians on 07:21 - Jun 21 by KingBony

Butt out of it then you quim 👍

Only an idiot would take advice from here.
Obviously you’re one.
electricians on 00:11 - Jun 22 with 732 viewsjack_lord

My problem was sorted through the advice on here. I took out one side of the cables of the ring main at the consumer unit and worked backwards through the sockets disconnecting the feed until the last two sockets.
As the last but one ( the dishwasher ) socket was on the wall behind the units, I isolated that socket from either side and re-connected the cables back to the ring main. All was good.
I managed to get some equipment to access behind the units and remove the dishwasher plug. All wires now back in and all tested.
So I will say thanks for the advice.

electricians on 08:29 - Jun 22 with 667 viewsItchySphincter

electricians on 13:45 - Jun 21 by jack_lord

Ive isolated the cabling and narrowed it down to dishwasher or wallsocket. The rest of the ring main is on and fine. Shame i cant get at the plug as it is so bloody well built in.

Should have put a fused spur in.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024