Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer 19:28 - Jun 20 with 3332 viewsDyfnant

How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer on 20:09 - Jun 20 with 3261 viewsomarjack

It would be suicidal to spend less than 20 m..even closer to 25 m

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer on 20:29 - Jun 20 with 3203 viewslonglostjack

Net spend? Transfers out so far ca. £ 27m, assuming Mawson goes through. That’s without the Ayews. Even accounting for the remaining wage bill that’s a lot of money. I would hope that there’s enough money together with the parachute payments to make a few decent signings. If not Pearlman and Jenkins need a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2018 20:31]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer on 20:45 - Jun 20 with 3169 viewsDyfnant

Regardless of what’s incoming, I reckon we’ll spend less than £5M on transfer fees

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer on 21:05 - Jun 20 with 3124 viewsShaky

How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer on 20:29 - Jun 20 by longlostjack

Net spend? Transfers out so far ca. £ 27m, assuming Mawson goes through. That’s without the Ayews. Even accounting for the remaining wage bill that’s a lot of money. I would hope that there’s enough money together with the parachute payments to make a few decent signings. If not Pearlman and Jenkins need a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

Yup, net spend is the key.

By my reckoning debt is currently a shade under £80 million after the sale of Fab.

I think net debt really has to come down to no more than £40 million by the end of the January windows, which implies a net spend of negative £-40 million from here.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer on 21:08 - Jun 20 with 3114 viewsjasper_T

How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer on 20:29 - Jun 20 by longlostjack

We need to "find" £40m to make up the wage deficit before we start buying players. When you've got one of the highest wage bill to income ratios in the league, losing half that income is a significant burden.

Stoke seem like they're prepared to spend and gamble on promotion. Not sure what Brom have been up to. Given the way we spend money I'm not sure significant spending is the answer. Give Potter a sensible budget and see what he can do with it.
How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer on 21:39 - Jun 20 with 3044 views34dfgdf54

Regardless of whose sold, I can’t see us spending over £10m on players. I’m not having this “we have one of the biggest budgets in the league” nonsense. Not going to happen.
How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer on 21:51 - Jun 20 with 3027 viewsFlashberryjack

How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer on 21:39 - Jun 20 by 34dfgdf54

Regardless of whose sold, I can’t see us spending over £10m on players. I’m not having this “we have one of the biggest budgets in the league” nonsense. Not going to happen.

When do we get the PL payments for the 2017/18 season .....or have we already had it ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer on 22:04 - Jun 20 with 3005 viewsPrivate_Partz

I would be very surprised if we spend more than we recouped from sales. Similar to last year. We will start the season with a profit on dealings.
This could be made much worse if Jenkins keeps his paws on recruitment and Potter just has a Head Coach role.
In such circumstances another relegation battle will be inevitable.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer on 22:09 - Jun 20 with 2985 viewslonglostjack

How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer on 21:08 - Jun 20 by jasper_T

We need to "find" £40m to make up the wage deficit before we start buying players. When you've got one of the highest wage bill to income ratios in the league, losing half that income is a significant burden.

Stoke seem like they're prepared to spend and gamble on promotion. Not sure what Brom have been up to. Given the way we spend money I'm not sure significant spending is the answer. Give Potter a sensible budget and see what he can do with it.

The wage bill could be the fly in the ointment agreed. Of course the danger is to sell the relatively low earners Fabianski and Mawson to finance the high earners who you can’t offload. Given that we’re not privy to the contents of player’s contracts though it’s all guesswork. In Lisa we trust.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer on 12:10 - Jun 21 with 2755 viewsBadlands

How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer on 21:05 - Jun 20 by Shaky

Yup, net spend is the key.

By my reckoning debt is currently a shade under £80 million after the sale of Fab.

I think net debt really has to come down to no more than £40 million by the end of the January windows, which implies a net spend of negative £-40 million from here.

Given our income levels, unless we are going to bounce back, our level of debt needs to be as close to £0 as possible.
Obvious transfers out would be Bon and Andre Ayew as their wages are huge but who will take on the level of cost given their performances (injury & lack of goals)?
We may have to pay them / or he receiving club to get them off the books.
Apparently the next level of cost are
Fede, Fer & Dyer (£29,000)
followed by
Clucas, Narsingh, Jordan and Ki (£25,000)
Unfortunately they are goo Championship level players.

A comparison with Villa is interesting - all but 2 of their regulars were reported to have been paid between £25 & £55,000 a week.

[Post edited 21 Jun 2018 12:23]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024