Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Milan Borjan? 12:24 - Jun 21 with 3401 viewsSwansea93

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/12691/11411582/

Apparently we're in for this guy, 30 year old Canadian who plays for Red Star Belgrade.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Milan Borjan? on 12:26 - Jun 21 with 3390 viewsBadlands

Decent & cheap.
Might come for a decent wage.
Would still prefer Nordfeldt.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Milan Borjan? on 13:08 - Jun 21 with 3219 viewspencoedjack

Milan Borjan? on 12:26 - Jun 21 by Badlands

Decent & cheap.
Might come for a decent wage.
Would still prefer Nordfeldt.

Id imagine both West Brom & Bristol City would offer better wages than us.
Milan Borjan? on 13:25 - Jun 21 with 3151 viewsswan65split

Milan Borjan? on 13:08 - Jun 21 by pencoedjack

weve been shafted by the self preservation society.
Milan Borjan? on 13:36 - Jun 21 with 3121 viewsmajorraglan

Would imagine West Brom would, but Swansea should be in a position to offer more than Bristol with the parachute payments there to “soften” the blow of relegation. I know the overheads will still be significant, but with Rangel, Leon, Ki, and Fabianski off the books that must equate to a £100k per week saved in wages plus the transfer fee coming in for Fabianski.

I know the club will need to save considerably more, but it’s a start and bring players in from Eastern Europe where wages will be much lower is a probably a decent tactic if they can make the adjustment.
Milan Borjan? on 15:15 - Jun 21 with 2947 viewsjack247

I thought that was a typo and Milan were in for Borja for a minute!
Milan Borjan? on 15:22 - Jun 21 with 2914 viewsoldcob

They are doing it again, and we are believing it again. Bandying names about pre transfer window and signing hardly any of them. Bet they make nett profit again on dealings.
Milan Borjan? on 15:27 - Jun 21 with 2884 viewsBadlands

Milan Borjan? on 15:15 - Jun 21 by jack247

I thought that was a typo and Milan were in for Borja for a minute!

Reported payments

Rangel, £30,000
Leon, £35,000
Ki, 25,000
Fabianski £22,000

Wilf £120,000
Andre £80,000
Sanches £50,000

Highest paid player for Bristol's 16/17 (could find more recent)
Kodjia & Tomlin £15,000
Goalkeeper Fielding £8,000
Total for 23 players £160,000 a week
Average a little over £6,900

If we can't compete with that there is something very wrong.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2018 15:37]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Milan Borjan? on 15:48 - Jun 21 with 2810 viewskarnataka

Milan Borjan? on 15:27 - Jun 21 by Badlands

Reported payments

Rangel, £30,000
Leon, £35,000
Ki, 25,000
Fabianski £22,000

Wilf £120,000
Andre £80,000
Sanches £50,000

Kodjia & Tomlin £15,000

Don't think it's a case of competing with clubs like BC on wages, etc, it's more that those who hold our purse strings are simply there to put money in their own pockets and those of their fellow 'investors' and for no other reason. If they can find some way of siphoning off a chunk of the parachute payments, then that is precisely what they will do despite there being rules in place to prevent that from happening.
Login to get fewer ads

Milan Borjan? on 16:12 - Jun 21 with 2729 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Milan Borjan? on 15:27 - Jun 21 by Badlands

Reported payments

Rangel, £30,000
Leon, £35,000
Ki, 25,000
Fabianski £22,000

Wilf £120,000
Andre £80,000
Sanches £50,000

Kodjia & Tomlin £15,000

Is that seriously all Fabianski was earning?
No wonder he left!!!
Whoever sanctioned Wilf at £120k needs shooting!!

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Milan Borjan? on 16:39 - Jun 21 with 2659 viewsjasper_T

Milan Borjan? on 15:22 - Jun 21 by oldcob

They are doing it again, and we are believing it again. Bandying names about pre transfer window and signing hardly any of them. Bet they make nett profit again on dealings.

Do you think our owners write this drivel or something? Thank fck they're not actually interested in most of the dross we get linked with in the rags.
Milan Borjan? on 17:00 - Jun 21 with 2603 viewsgiantstoneater

Yes repeating past mistakes selling key players without having a replacement lined up. Its been well known since the last ball of the season was kicked that Fab wanted out and we still have not got a replacement lined up. We have lost Ki,Leon, Rangel and now Fab that is four quality players that need to be replaced (ok Ki was only quality when he felt like it!) We have less time than we did to prepare for the coming season and the window shuts in August we seem to be slow out of the blocks again.
Milan Borjan? on 18:55 - Jun 21 with 2430 viewsjasper_T

Milan Borjan? on 17:00 - Jun 21 by giantstoneater

Yes repeating past mistakes selling key players without having a replacement lined up. Its been well known since the last ball of the season was kicked that Fab wanted out and we still have not got a replacement lined up. We have lost Ki,Leon, Rangel and now Fab that is four quality players that need to be replaced (ok Ki was only quality when he felt like it!) We have less time than we did to prepare for the coming season and the window shuts in August we seem to be slow out of the blocks again.

We've got Fabianski's replacement on the books. He's an international and is at the world cup.

Two senior goalkeepers and a genuinely promising 19 year old and people are still moaning about signing more. Get a grip.
Milan Borjan? on 19:14 - Jun 21 with 2388 viewsOldjack

Milan Borjan? on 16:12 - Jun 21 by AustinIsOurHero

No wonder he left!!!

init ,he should have been begging us to take him ,not dictating terms ,he was in no position to do that

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Milan Borjan? on 19:45 - Jun 21 with 2341 viewsgiantstoneater

Milan Borjan? on 18:55 - Jun 21 by jasper_T

We've got Fabianski's replacement on the books. He's an international and is at the world cup.

Two senior goalkeepers and a genuinely promising 19 year old and people are still moaning about signing more. Get a grip.

Thanks for that and I`m glad you rate Nordfeldt unfortunately I dont.
Milan Borjan? on 21:56 - Jun 21 with 2154 viewsjasper_T

Milan Borjan? on 19:45 - Jun 21 by giantstoneater

Thanks for that and I`m glad you rate Nordfeldt unfortunately I dont.

You should have said that then instead of nonsense about us being "slow out of the blocks" not having a replacement lined up. We've been prepared years in advance.

We've got two experienced Eredivisie goalkeepers at the club, both a good age with another two years to run on their contracts. Unless one of them follows Fabianski to pastures new there's no immediate need to buy.
Milan Borjan? on 22:47 - Jun 21 with 2085 viewsKrisP

I'd be amazed if we don't make a profit on transfers, but that's because we are selling off half a Premier League squad. Even if the board got the chequebook out, we aren't going to be attracting the calibre of player to be spending more than we sell.
Milan Borjan? on 23:54 - Jun 21 with 1983 viewsmajorraglan

Milan Borjan? on 17:00 - Jun 21 by giantstoneater

I don’t think the club is going to be in a position to sign (many?) players until it moves on quite a few of the players it already has on its books. The club will need to balance the finances and losing at least half its TV rights revenues will mean that the wage bill will need to be trimmed by at least 50% or £45m per year and even more of the following seasons if it doesn’t score an immediate return to the PL. Whilst there are supposed to be relegation clauses in the players contracts which will assist in generating savings, no one knows what that looks like.

It would be very risky signing players when the club still has to pay the salaries of the ones it already has. I think I read in the Western Mail that Cardiff had a wage bill of around £20m to £25m and that they needed to cut it further had they not been promoted.
Milan Borjan? on 01:19 - Jun 22 with 1934 viewsgiantstoneater

Milan Borjan? on 21:56 - Jun 21 by jasper_T

You should have said that then instead of nonsense about us being "slow out of the blocks" not having a replacement lined up. We've been prepared years in advance.

We've got two experienced Eredivisie goalkeepers at the club, both a good age with another two years to run on their contracts. Unless one of them follows Fabianski to pastures new there's no immediate need to buy.

Nordfeldt was one of four players i mentioned and you don't think we need to replace the quality we've lost in those players? Nordfeldt in his defence hasn't had a lot of game time but what I saw didn't convince me that he should be our no1 and what sort of experience have the other two? At the moment it is likely that the Ayeuw bros will depart and the futures of Wilf, Olly and Baston need to be sorted soon and Tammy has also returned leaving us a little bare in our striking dept. We did our business late in the last summer window and that went well for us and this season the window shuts early in August and with pre season about to start it would be nice to get our targets over the line and settled before the season kicks off. These things are not easy i know but the clock is ticking.
Milan Borjan? on 05:21 - Jun 22 with 1873 viewshobo

What a strange post
Milan Borjan? on 06:00 - Jun 22 with 1856 viewsDr_Winston

Milan Borjan? on 16:12 - Jun 21 by AustinIsOurHero

No wonder he left!!!

"Reported payments"

Basically one tweet that everyone took as Gospel.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Milan Borjan? on 07:54 - Jun 22 with 1780 viewsomarjack

1st of all..Nordfeldt will probably be good on a Championship level (assuming we'd be having a tight defence that won't let in too many shots on target)

2nd of all..All these reported salaries are probably false..The club's wage bill over 14 months is reported to be around 99 m. Ki/Fabianski,Jordan and some of the rest are earning more than what you think. (surely the official wage bill includes all wages though including staff and ground workers etc)

3rd of all..WBA can either offer slightly better wages than us or about the same. Their PL wages have always been very similar to ours. I don't see how this can change now.

As for Bristol City finances..I've got official figures from their official website for the financial year 2016/2017

I'm going to compare their official 2017 figures with our projected figures for the upcoming season.

Turnover (projected for 2018)

Bristol:14.2 £ ------------------------Swansea:56 £

Turnover details:

Bristol:------------------------------------Swansea:

-Commerical & Merchandise:0.7 £--------------------2 £
-Rendering of services:2 £----------------------1 £
-Matchday income:5 £----------------------5 £
-TV Championship money:6.6 £----------------around 48 £ (1st year of parachute payments,based on official Aston Villa turnover figures for their 1st Championship year)

Wages:

Bristol-------------------------Swansea:

18 £ (including EVERYTHING)----------------I project our 14 months wage bill to be close to 55 £

Conclusion: Bristol can't offer sh!t in comparison to what we can offer for the first 2 years in the league.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 7:59]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024