Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2018 worst football World Cup ever ? 19:46 - Jun 21 with 13376 viewstrampie

What are we about a third of the way through and so far this World Cup has been rubbish, the business end is yet to come and there might be lots of excitement to come but so far up to this point in time I think this World Cup is shaping up to be the worst ever.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:29 - Jun 21 with 2520 viewsscottishjack

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:16 - Jun 21 by exiledclaseboy

Well I’m enjoying it.

Same here... thoroughly enjoying it to be honest.

I often wonder if we get rose tinted specs when it comes to previous tournaments, we remember the highlights and forget the dirge maybe? So far I’m enjoying this World Cup though.
2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:31 - Jun 21 with 2509 viewsJackfath

I think it's great too.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:32 - Jun 21 with 2513 viewsdobjack2

Early group games tend to be cagey, hopefully it will pick up and not descend into teams playing for penalties from the first whistle.
2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:36 - Jun 21 with 2496 viewsJoe_bradshaw

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:28 - Jun 21 by exiledclaseboy

We’ve lit up the World Cup very time we’ve been there mun.

Even when we didn't enter.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:40 - Jun 21 with 2473 viewsdickythorpe

Peru and Saudi Arabia would struggle in league one.
2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:40 - Jun 21 with 2475 viewslonglostjack

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:29 - Jun 21 by scottishjack

Same here... thoroughly enjoying it to be honest.

I often wonder if we get rose tinted specs when it comes to previous tournaments, we remember the highlights and forget the dirge maybe? So far I’m enjoying this World Cup though.

Good point. The guy who did the forward somersault before taking the throw in deserves to be in the highlights. All that planning.

Yours

Victor Meldrew
[Post edited 21 Jun 2018 20:41]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:45 - Jun 21 with 2457 viewsNeath_Jack

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:28 - Jun 21 by exiledclaseboy

We’ve lit up the World Cup very time we’ve been there mun.

Took tens of thousands of fans too.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 21:33 - Jun 21 with 2398 viewsJoe_bradshaw

That was a thoroughly enjoyable game this evening.

Login to get fewer ads

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 21:54 - Jun 21 with 2376 viewsawayjack

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 21:33 - Jun 21 by Joe_bradshaw

That was a thoroughly enjoyable game this evening.

Yup enjoyed watching Argentina get spanked. What's changed is loads of goals against so called weaker teams, but now they are fit and have more disciplined and solid defensive structures. I enjoy watching the super-rich big boys struggle to break-down the defences of these so called 'weaker' teams.
2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 22:12 - Jun 21 with 2361 viewssherpajacob

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:17 - Jun 21 by MrSwerve

Wonder how the expansion of number of teams will affect it.

Only 3 of the extra places go to European teams, so more asian and African teams, who are doing really well this tournament.

If this system was applied to the champions league, UEFA would now be giving 4 places to the SPL.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 22:20 - Jun 21 with 2354 viewsphact0rri

Its been up and down for me, and my opinion changes day to day. Yesterday's matches were really boring so I'd have agreed. But today I enjoyed all three matches.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 01:08 - Jun 22 with 2296 viewsmajorraglan

The teams that are there, by enlarge deserve to be there. Unfortunately, Wales played poorly in a few games and luck was against them, the Serbia game where Bale hit the post and Mitrovic scored on the counter being one example.

Was listening to the radio whilst in work tonight, one of the Radio 5 pundits was going on about there being a low number of goals in the games before going commenting that some of the lesser teams were now more competitive. I would have thought the fact that teams aren’t being pummelled is a reason for the decrease in goals!

I have enjoyed what I have seen, it would be nice to see some of the smaller teams do well and maybe a new country emerging as the winners.
I hope Costa Rica do Brazil tomorrow, but I can’t see it.
2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 05:22 - Jun 22 with 2258 viewsKilkennyjack

I am enjoying it.

Euros standard is higher, but great to see new teams play.
Brazil and Argentina iconic.

Beware of the Risen People

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 06:10 - Jun 22 with 2237 viewsraynor94

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:25 - Jun 21 by Neath_Jack

Nothing wrong with it ffs.

Those that haven't got there, deserve to not be there.

And Wales not being there is hardly any shock now is it.

This in spades! and what makes me laugh is the "Euros are a higher standard". Its been fine so far and will get better and better when we reach the knockout stages

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 07:31 - Jun 22 with 2192 viewsBanosswan

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:24 - Jun 21 by exiledclaseboy

Scrub that, it’s 16 more games.

😂

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 07:54 - Jun 22 with 2177 viewssainthelens

Personally I love it. A welcome pastime after what we've all endured the last 8/9 months. If France win I'll be jetting off with my winnings and besides...Brazil on later. Tissues at the ready for the lovely ladies in the crowd.
2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 08:48 - Jun 22 with 2158 viewsandypitt56

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 20:06 - Jun 21 by trampie

No Czech Rep, Hungary, Rumania or Ukraine from Eastern Europe, no Algeria the current African champions or Ivory Coast the previous African champions.

No Celtic teams for big crowd numbers and atmosphere.

I dont see your point? They didnt qualify, if you cant qualify then you are not good enough to be in the tournament. Its the world cup not elite nations cup. I have really enjoyed it so far, bar saudi all the smaller teams have gone for it, teams like iran, morocco, iceland and peru have given good accounts of themselves. Okay they play defensive football, but they all work bloody hard as a team and its great to see so called lesser nations giving a scare to the more regular teams.
2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 08:49 - Jun 22 with 2155 viewsLoyal

Im at a loss for words ...
Ive really enjoyed it, seriously, some of the football reminds me of watching the swans.

Last season.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 08:57 - Jun 22 with 2144 viewsmoonie

So the quality ain't high enough .

Think we ve forgotten what high grade football looks like,.

We won't be seeing anything like it for years to come
2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 09:06 - Jun 22 with 2133 viewsLeonWasGod

Nonsense. There've been some great matches imo.

edit - although VAR, or more correctly the idiots who are misusing it, is not a good thing.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 9:12]
2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 09:32 - Jun 22 with 2101 viewsbyron

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 09:06 - Jun 22 by LeonWasGod

Nonsense. There've been some great matches imo.

edit - although VAR, or more correctly the idiots who are misusing it, is not a good thing.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 9:12]

What’s there not to like? No Italy or Holland, Germany, Brazil argues all flapping. Maybe this year we can have a new winner?

Benny

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 09:57 - Jun 22 with 2084 viewsDrizzy

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 06:10 - Jun 22 by raynor94

This in spades! and what makes me laugh is the "Euros are a higher standard". Its been fine so far and will get better and better when we reach the knockout stages

The Euros are a higher standard because you don't have doss teams like Saudi Arabia or Tunisia. Not that I prefer them as a spectacle, just a fact.

"When we reach the knockout stage"

I'm not particularly anti-England I'm indifferent to their perpetual ineptitude but it is interesting to note that it's usually sycophantic c*nts that support them. I bet you watched all of the recent royal wedding, didn't you?

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 21:11 - Jun 22 with 1983 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Another really good game tonight between Serbia and Switzerland.

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 21:23 - Jun 23 with 1852 viewsraynor94

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 09:57 - Jun 22 by Drizzy

The Euros are a higher standard because you don't have doss teams like Saudi Arabia or Tunisia. Not that I prefer them as a spectacle, just a fact.

"When we reach the knockout stage"

I'm not particularly anti-England I'm indifferent to their perpetual ineptitude but it is interesting to note that it's usually sycophantic c*nts that support them. I bet you watched all of the recent royal wedding, didn't you?

"We" was meant as the whole tournament, not as England! You really do come across as a obnoxious individual Newps

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

2018 worst football World Cup ever ? on 21:46 - Jun 23 with 1839 viewsDrGonzo

I believe the OP couldn't be further from reality.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024