Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What to expect from our "core" players.. 10:40 - Jun 22 with 1604 viewsomarjack

By core players..I mean those who are already ours and likely to stay with us for the next season:

-Kristoff Nordfeldt: He's likely to be our first choice keeper,And I wouldn't say that's a very bad thing considering every time I've seen him he's done some good saves. But he needs to work on his problems,Especially him punching the ball into play instead of trying to catch it or get it out of the line.

-Kyle Naughton: I'm not buying into this "he handed a transfer request" sh!t..who would take him at a higher level that ours? no one that's for certain..He's staying. And I think we can expect decent defensive contribution (let's face it he's always been ok defensively) and things will only become easier in the Championship I imagine,could turn out alright.

-Connor Roberts: He stepped up,he proved his worth at a PL level,but still his offensive contribution lacks (but not as bad as Naughton's)..I think he'd be really good for the division and it'll help developing him really well.

-Mike Van Der Hoorn: A very tidy CB,does things the way he's supposed to,And the Championship is definitely a place where he can flourish even more.

-Martin Olsson: He has great Championship experience,Although he's growing old fast,I think he can still do a decent job at LB.

-Leroy Fer: I might be in the minority here but I truly think Fer is a decent PL midfielder,A great asset to have in the Championship,He offers physical strength,And a good defensive and offensive contribution. just hope his injury won't occur or we're screwed.

-Tom Carroll: Lightweight,terrible set pieces etc..maybe..But he has some level of creativity that could come in handy from the bench I suppose? Let's nor write him off completely.

-Sam Clucas: He was one of the best Championship midfielders at Hull during their latest promotion season. I believe he'll be a decent asset at such level. Too bad the PL seems to big of a step for him. It's insane that Huw couldn't see this. Even though he's had a chance to see him at a PL level with the Tigers and he didn't impress much and Hull ended up being relegated.

Nathan Dyer: I expect decent things from him coming from the bench. Imo he could use more playing time (maybe with the U 23s) to keep in shape..He could be useful.

Wayne Routledge:The guy's finished.

Other players that could stay:

-Federico Fernandez: I heard he might be staying which will be a terrific news,Him and VDH will be probably the best CB pairing in the division.

-Kyle Bartley:If Fede stays he can go as far as I care..He's a good addition to the squad but I'm not convinced with his commitment or his injury record.

-Luciano Narsingh: The wildest card on this list,I have no clue whether he'll stay or not. And if he does stay how well will he perform? His pace can rip most of the division's defences but can he offer much more than that? he reminds of Modou Barrow..But then Barrow scored a decent 10 goals last season as a winger so you never know.

-Oliver McBurnie: His stats at his short spell with Barnsley are superb. Scoring 9 goals in 17 appearances with a side that has a terrible creativity issue is impressive to say the least. But could he repeat that kind of success with us? And would he stay? Or are Rangers so much of a temptation for him?

[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 10:43]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

What to expect from our "core" players.. on 20:44 - Jun 22 with 1431 viewsOldjack

I'd take Tammy back on loan ,he's proved he can cut it in the lower league

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

What to expect from our "core" players.. on 21:01 - Jun 22 with 1412 viewsjack2jack

Some bolloxs would be a start!
What to expect from our "core" players.. on 21:18 - Jun 22 with 1382 viewsairedale

What to expect from our "core" players.. on 20:44 - Jun 22 by Oldjack

Other PL clubs might want him though, especially newcomers to the division. And Tammy would prefer to play at the higher level I think.
What to expect from our "core" players.. on 21:24 - Jun 22 with 1375 viewsAl_Bundy

Fernandez will be railroaded in the air in this league.. if he goes I won't be disappointed. VDH will make a fist of it, Fer should do well with Clucas. Rather see Connor progress than Naughton who can't read the game at all. Dyer is on his last legs and Carroll will be is normal self passing backwards at will.

We need some quality in no doubt.. If Bony and McBurnie stay then we'll have a decent strike force of sorts. The current spine looks fine if they stay defensively anyway but our midfield is lacking
What to expect from our "core" players.. on 21:42 - Jun 22 with 1339 viewspencoedjack

What to expect from our "core" players.. on 21:24 - Jun 22 by Al_Bundy

Fernandez will be railroaded in the air in this league.. if he goes I won't be disappointed. VDH will make a fist of it, Fer should do well with Clucas. Rather see Connor progress than Naughton who can't read the game at all. Dyer is on his last legs and Carroll will be is normal self passing backwards at will.

We need some quality in no doubt.. If Bony and McBurnie stay then we'll have a decent strike force of sorts. The current spine looks fine if they stay defensively anyway but our midfield is lacking

Agree with all that bar the Fede part.

Fede & VDH will be the best centre half partnership in championship next season
What to expect from our "core" players.. on 21:59 - Jun 22 with 1298 viewsOldjack

What to expect from our "core" players.. on 21:18 - Jun 22 by airedale

Other PL clubs might want him though, especially newcomers to the division. And Tammy would prefer to play at the higher level I think.

I know ,but we can hope

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

What to expect from our "core" players.. on 22:00 - Jun 22 with 1296 viewssainthelens

What to expect from our "core" players.. on 21:42 - Jun 22 by pencoedjack

Agree with all that bar the Fede part.

Fede & VDH will be the best centre half partnership in championship next season

I always thought Fer and Clucas to be decent championship standard. Fede and VDH will be decent at spine of defence. Still think we lack pace, banking on Potter getting a grip as soon as.
What to expect from our "core" players.. on 22:10 - Jun 22 with 1272 viewspencoedjack

What to expect from our "core" players.. on 22:00 - Jun 22 by sainthelens

I always thought Fer and Clucas to be decent championship standard. Fede and VDH will be decent at spine of defence. Still think we lack pace, banking on Potter getting a grip as soon as.

Of subject SH tonight’s bet was Mitrovic to score & Serbia to win ... thought it was coming in HT

I’ve done Belgium Germany & Mexico tomorrow so stay away from them

Having a mare this WC betting wise
Login to get fewer ads

What to expect from our "core" players.. on 22:43 - Jun 22 with 1209 viewssainthelens

What to expect from our "core" players.. on 22:10 - Jun 22 by pencoedjack

Of subject SH tonight’s bet was Mitrovic to score & Serbia to win ... thought it was coming in HT

I’ve done Belgium Germany & Mexico tomorrow so stay away from them

Having a mare this WC betting wise

Unlucky that PJ...Tho you're shout for tmrw looks ok to me.
What to expect from our "core" players.. on 00:11 - Jun 23 with 1131 viewsjasper_T

£50k a week plus a loan fee yeah sounds brilliant, Huw.
What to expect from our "core" players.. on 05:31 - Jun 23 with 1051 viewsjack247

It’s not as simple as ‘he scores goals in the Championship’.

Tammy is a finisher. He needs someone to play off. May well work if we end up with 2 up front or play the type of fluid football that we used to last time we were in the Championship. If we ask him to play up front on his own, he will get bullied again.

Anyway, McBurnie has also proved he can do it in the Championship when he is played off a big, physical striker (albeit for half a season) and I very much doubt we could afford Tammy.
What to expect from our "core" players.. on 06:23 - Jun 23 with 1029 viewsphact0rri

I will say I've not experienced Championship football on a season long attention since the last time I lived in the UK (a decade ago) so I have no idea what its really like. but my mind eye says its a bit closer to proper football where the hardmen can get away with everything short of studs up challenges... and I dunno who we have who will make a fist of things there.

But I do think fede is a character in the changing rooms, and hope he can adapt as for me he might be our best bet as wearing the captain arm band.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

What to expect from our "core" players.. on 08:27 - Jun 23 with 939 viewsnantywatcher

What to expect from our "core" players.. on 21:59 - Jun 22 by Oldjack

I know ,but we can hope

More than happy with Tom Carroll in the squad, Nordfeldt will be great as long as we allow a dozen games to actually get up to speed with playing real football.
We need to take appointing the team captain as an important decision. I think we made a big mistake in not making Alfie captain last season, he wanted it, most of the fans wanted it. Can't rewrite history but I will always wonder if something as seemingly insignificant could have made the difference. I have no doubts his performances would have been markedly improved. So let's appoint a strong leader to take us to the next level - gulp!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024