Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony to Besiktas? 22:51 - Jun 22 with 7727 viewsomarjack

Swansea are willing to let him go on a season long loan for 3 m (plus all his wages I assume)

The Turks are unwilling to pay that. Instead (I assume as well) they'd only cover most of his wages.

So..lol Huw you c*nt. Who sends a player on loan for a whole season with only one year left on his contract? (although there is an option for a 3rd year but clearly we won't activate it)..

So we're basically willing to SELL him for good in a way to Besiktas or whoever is interested for 3 m only..one year after purchasing him for around 12 m.

And due to his huge current salary, clubs aren't even willing to pay that 3 m for him.

So..what the f*ck to do with him? if I was confident that he'd be fit I would have said his wages would be worth the risk. Because he could be immense in the Championship (if his heart is in it)..But he won't be fit let's face it.

We're probably going to lose him for absolutely free..Same goes for Borja and Montero by the way..Maybe terminate their contracts or something of the sort..What a shambles..

[Post edited 22 Jun 2018 22:52]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Bony to Besiktas? on 10:47 - Jun 23 with 1886 viewsomarjack

Bony to Besiktas? on 10:40 - Jun 23 by Whiterockin

I don't disagree, but it is not the doom and gloom some make out.

A good squad would be..

------------Nordfeldt-----------

Roberts---VDH---Fernandez-----Olsson

--------Fer---------------------Clucas

----------------Ghoddos?-------------

---RW-------------------------LW

-----------------McBurnie------------

Subs:Mulder,Naughton,CB,Carroll,CMF,Routledge,Dyer,Sema?,Mrabti?

As you can see..that's a squad with depth that shouldn't cost very much to assemble

We need a back up CB (if Bartley or Fernandez go),Playmaker that could be Ghoddos,back up CMF,3 wingers (some will be very cheap or loan deals) and I guess a back up CF like Mrabti wouldn't hurt.

Eccessive? maybe..but doable and could be cheap enough with the right kind of bargains and loans.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2018 10:48]

Bony to Besiktas? on 10:53 - Jun 23 with 1864 viewsdobjack2

Bony to Besiktas? on 10:47 - Jun 23 by omarjack

A good squad would be..

------------Nordfeldt-----------

Roberts---VDH---Fernandez-----Olsson

--------Fer---------------------Clucas

----------------Ghoddos?-------------

---RW-------------------------LW

-----------------McBurnie------------

Subs:Mulder,Naughton,CB,Carroll,CMF,Routledge,Dyer,Sema?,Mrabti?

As you can see..that's a squad with depth that shouldn't cost very much to assemble

We need a back up CB (if Bartley or Fernandez go),Playmaker that could be Ghoddos,back up CMF,3 wingers (some will be very cheap or loan deals) and I guess a back up CF like Mrabti wouldn't hurt.

Eccessive? maybe..but doable and could be cheap enough with the right kind of bargains and loans.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2018 10:48]

Mcburnie LW playing off a centre forward. He’d get creamed playing on his own up top.
Bony to Besiktas? on 11:10 - Jun 23 with 1829 viewsawayjack

Bony to Besiktas? on 08:50 - Jun 23 by jack247

On what basis? His fitness is his problem. When he plays he looks fine

He's scored 10 goals in 60 matches over last 3 years. Suggests it's not just his fitness but he's lost a lot of the qualities that made him a decent striker in 2015. He's washed up and yet another idiotic decision to bring him back. Yanks just wan thin off the books and we'll take the £15m or so loss.
Bony to Besiktas? on 11:18 - Jun 23 with 1816 views34dfgdf54

If Bony is going, then surely it has to be off the books completely, this buying players for big bucks and sending them out on loan is doing my head in. Absolute cluster f*ck of a club, fair dos to Potter taking this on.
Bony to Besiktas? on 11:20 - Jun 23 with 1813 viewsnantywatcher

Bony to Besiktas? on 08:50 - Jun 23 by jack247

On what basis? His fitness is his problem. When he plays he looks fine

Because his play is so easy to analyise and snuff out - that's why (in my opinion) Championship clubs will have no trouble in dealing with him. A move to one of the European lower leagues is the only way forward for him, and us, that I can see.
Bony to Besiktas? on 11:56 - Jun 23 with 1756 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bony to Besiktas? on 11:20 - Jun 23 by nantywatcher

Because his play is so easy to analyise and snuff out - that's why (in my opinion) Championship clubs will have no trouble in dealing with him. A move to one of the European lower leagues is the only way forward for him, and us, that I can see.

His strength will still cause problems, I can see two CD's struggling to hold him and that will leave gaps for his stride partner / wingers / no.10

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Bony to Besiktas? on 12:00 - Jun 23 with 1751 viewsmax936

Bony to Besiktas? on 07:45 - Jun 23 by jack247

It’s a hell of a gamble if he is on 5 or 6 times as much as most of his teammates.

If we get a full season out of him, he will rip Championship defences apart. We’d have a decent chance of going back up and it would be a risk worth taking.

If he misses three quarters of the season again, he’s a hell of a liability on wages we probably can’t afford.

I’m undecided on it and I’m saying that as someone who wanted him to come back last season.

Agreed, but as you say its like being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Bony to Besiktas? on 12:05 - Jun 23 with 1740 viewsmax936

Bony to Besiktas? on 08:47 - Jun 23 by Private_Partz

Spot on. I am considered a moaner for these concerns. Time is fast running out and we have Hedge Funders who want the lolly and are not prepared even to temporarily stump up funds to support Potter.
All our behind the scenes efforts are on shipping out it would seem.
Looks like last minute panic buys are on the cards again this season.

Maybe its just a matter of time, I can't believe Potter would have come here without guarantees around transfers, especially after saying he'll be at the helm of all incomings and goings.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2018 12:12]

Login to get fewer ads

Bony to Besiktas? on 12:06 - Jun 23 with 1736 viewsjasper_T

Bony to Besiktas? on 10:37 - Jun 23 by omarjack

Well it is not that bad you know and could be puffed up with some bargain signings and loan deals..But where is the depth? If we pick up injuries we'd have no one but unproven academy players to step in.

I'm not sure about Narsingh personally..As for Dyer..I don't think he should be a starter anymore.

We need depth practically everywhere..What's even better..we need few new starters that can push some of the names you mentioned to the bench.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2018 10:38]

I think you're seriously overestimating the type of depth most of our competitors are boasting in the Championship.

Unproven academy kids being used as injury cover and squad depth is how it should work at this level. The money isn't there for squads of 25+ quality senior players, and if there's no route forward for them why have an academy at all?

As it stands, though, our depth is players like Jay Fulton, Andy King, Matt Grimes, Erwin Mulder, Kenji Gorre, Cian Harries, Botti Biabi etc. who all have senior football under their belts. It's not like we'd be asking Liam Cullen and Matt Blake to step up and lead the line if there's a couple of injuries.
Bony to Besiktas? on 12:16 - Jun 23 with 1715 viewspencoedjack

Bony to Besiktas? on 12:06 - Jun 23 by jasper_T

I think you're seriously overestimating the type of depth most of our competitors are boasting in the Championship.

Unproven academy kids being used as injury cover and squad depth is how it should work at this level. The money isn't there for squads of 25+ quality senior players, and if there's no route forward for them why have an academy at all?

As it stands, though, our depth is players like Jay Fulton, Andy King, Matt Grimes, Erwin Mulder, Kenji Gorre, Cian Harries, Botti Biabi etc. who all have senior football under their belts. It's not like we'd be asking Liam Cullen and Matt Blake to step up and lead the line if there's a couple of injuries.

Has Andy King signed? I haven’t seen anything about him for a while.
Bony to Besiktas? on 12:24 - Jun 23 with 1704 viewsmax936

Bony to Besiktas? on 12:16 - Jun 23 by pencoedjack

He'd do fine in the Championship I reckon.

Bony to Besiktas? on 12:29 - Jun 23 with 1694 viewsPozuelosSideys

Bony looked like he was getting back to what he was the first time around before injuries kicked back in. If we can get him to play about 70% of games, id be more than happy having him and McB being our 2 main strikers

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Bony to Besiktas? on 12:47 - Jun 23 with 1657 viewsSwanjaxs

Dont talk wet man, if we relied on those players as our "strength in depth" we'd be down by Christmas ffs! This is the Championship were talking about! Matt Grimes, Botti Biabi 😂😂😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Bony to Besiktas? on 13:07 - Jun 23 with 1608 viewsjack247

Bony to Besiktas? on 11:20 - Jun 23 by nantywatcher

Can’t agree with you there at all mate.

He has the upper body strength, close control and vision to hold defenders off and play runners through easily. He’s also got a finish in him. You know what he is going to to, but it’s very hard to stop.

However none of that’s any good if we only get 10 games out him.
Bony to Besiktas? on 13:12 - Jun 23 with 1594 viewsjasper_T

Bony to Besiktas? on 12:16 - Jun 23 by pencoedjack

I meant Adam, sorry all.
Bony to Besiktas? on 13:15 - Jun 23 with 1590 viewsjasper_T

Bony to Besiktas? on 12:47 - Jun 23 by Swanjaxs

Dont talk wet man, if we relied on those players as our "strength in depth" we'd be down by Christmas ffs! This is the Championship were talking about! Matt Grimes, Botti Biabi 😂😂😂

It's the Championship not the Champions League.

Botti Biabi and Matt Grimes are sh1t but they're not "unproven academy players" either. They're senior professionals.
Bony to Besiktas? on 15:35 - Jun 23 with 1467 viewsomarjack

Well maybe most championship clubs would be ok with having academy players as their "depth". But we should be aiming for higher than that,we should push for promotion and having depth is very important.

Bony to Besiktas? on 15:41 - Jun 23 with 1459 viewsSwanjaxs

Bony to Besiktas? on 13:15 - Jun 23 by jasper_T

It's the Championship not the Champions League.

Botti Biabi and Matt Grimes are sh1t but they're not "unproven academy players" either. They're senior professionals.

I think your seriously doing the standard of the Championship a disservice if you think the likes of Biabi and Grimes could "do a job" ... we'd be cannon fodder mate

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Bony to Besiktas? on 15:52 - Jun 23 with 1436 viewsjasper_T

Bony to Besiktas? on 15:41 - Jun 23 by Swanjaxs

I think your seriously doing the standard of the Championship a disservice if you think the likes of Biabi and Grimes could "do a job" ... we'd be cannon fodder mate

We're talking emergency injury depth. Look at Preston's squad. Or Brentford. You think they have better players as 3rd/4th/5th choice for their positions?

We've got a huge squad, depth is the least of our worries.
Bony to Besiktas? on 15:55 - Jun 23 with 1428 viewsSwanjaxs

Bony to Besiktas? on 15:52 - Jun 23 by jasper_T

We're talking emergency injury depth. Look at Preston's squad. Or Brentford. You think they have better players as 3rd/4th/5th choice for their positions?

We've got a huge squad, depth is the least of our worries.

Yes indeed we do have a huge squad, i think quality rather than depth is the real worry though

Bony to Besiktas? on 15:57 - Jun 23 with 1424 viewsjasper_T

According to his agent there were Championship clubs trying to get Courtney Baker-Richardson on loan in January and he's 2nd choice carthorse for our u23s. We're not short on warm bodies to throw on in a pinch at this level.
Bony to Besiktas? on 16:03 - Jun 23 with 1404 viewsSwanjaxs

Bony to Besiktas? on 15:57 - Jun 23 by jasper_T

According to his agent there were Championship clubs trying to get Courtney Baker-Richardson on loan in January and he's 2nd choice carthorse for our u23s. We're not short on warm bodies to throw on in a pinch at this level.

So he can't get a start for the U23's but championship clubs were queuing up? Don't believe everything that comes out of an agent's mouth mate.

Bony to Besiktas? on 16:17 - Jun 23 with 1381 viewsjasper_T

Bony to Besiktas? on 16:03 - Jun 23 by Swanjaxs

So he can't get a start for the U23's but championship clubs were queuing up? Don't believe everything that comes out of an agent's mouth mate.

I can definitely believe there might be one or two smaller Championship clubs looking for a player at his level for cheap depth. It's not a league where everyone has a generous budget and 30+ quality senior players waiting in the wings ahead of their development teams.

At the time he was the starting number 9 of one of the best u23s sides around, who had beaten three Football League teams in competitive games. Huw took him on based on far less.
Bony to Besiktas? on 17:57 - Jun 23 with 1295 viewsbryanwadesquiff

I know that the younger coaches at the club want Bony to stay....i can see him (if fit) scoring 30 odd goals in the championship. (maybe a wage cut with a big bonus if we go up). He does owe us.
Also his 13 year old son is an exceptional talent and is a lovely kid, same type of player as his dad. Plays up front on the right atm but will be played through the middle next season. If his dad leaves they are worried about losing an odds on future first team player.
Bony to Besiktas? on 18:09 - Jun 23 with 1268 viewsLeonWasGod

I'd put him out to stud. Based on those thighs I'm sure he'd deliver in spades (or buckets?).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024