Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR Controversy AGAIN 19:15 - Jun 23 with 3033 viewswestwalesed

I've seen some good decisions so far at the WC and some injustices righted.

But how the feck that wasn't a foul on the Swedish striker just now and why that wasn't checked I have no idea. How is it decided if something is reviewed or not?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

VAR Controversy AGAIN on 15:28 - Jul 2 with 401 viewsSwanjaxs

Watching Brazil v Mexico, Mexico had an attack that ended up with a corner to Mexico, the corner came to nothing, but here's the thing, on closer inspection a Mexican player was just offside and should have been flagged in the original attack, now apparently linos have been told to keep thier flag down in any close decision and leave it to VAR to decide in case the attack leads to a goal, on this occasion it didn't but went for a corner, so what would happen if the corner then led to a goal being scored? Would VAR then invoke the original offside? As I see it once the game has restarted VAR can't intervene.....
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 15:33]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

VAR Controversy AGAIN on 15:56 - Jul 2 with 356 viewsploppy

VAR Controversy AGAIN on 15:28 - Jul 2 by Swanjaxs

Watching Brazil v Mexico, Mexico had an attack that ended up with a corner to Mexico, the corner came to nothing, but here's the thing, on closer inspection a Mexican player was just offside and should have been flagged in the original attack, now apparently linos have been told to keep thier flag down in any close decision and leave it to VAR to decide in case the attack leads to a goal, on this occasion it didn't but went for a corner, so what would happen if the corner then led to a goal being scored? Would VAR then invoke the original offside? As I see it once the game has restarted VAR can't intervene.....
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 15:33]

Not sure, but it may be because the offside Mexican player made no attempt to play the ball - but I'd have to see it again.
VAR Controversy AGAIN on 15:59 - Jul 2 with 349 viewsSwanjaxs

VAR Controversy AGAIN on 15:56 - Jul 2 by ploppy

Not sure, but it may be because the offside Mexican player made no attempt to play the ball - but I'd have to see it again.

No he was directly involved, confused.com 🤔

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

VAR Controversy AGAIN on 16:19 - Jul 2 with 331 viewsploppy

VAR Controversy AGAIN on 15:59 - Jul 2 by Swanjaxs

No he was directly involved, confused.com 🤔

Not confused mate. I saw the incident and was surprised the lino didn't flag. They've been told to resist flagging if the decision's tight but it wasn't tight in this instance, so can only assume he thought the forward wasn't involved. Or he's a crap lino?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024