Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best bbq food you've had 20:47 - Jun 23 with 1732 viewsdickythorpe

With the weather likely to stay nice for a.fortnight, bbq's will be popular.
But what are the best ones you've been to you gastronauts of planet swans?
Baked potatoes done in foil were a taste sensation, plus sausages well done.
And corn on the cob and banana in their skins done in foil.
Best bbq food you've had on 21:15 - Jun 23 with 1700 viewsTheFranchise

I love a good burger, it has to be a good one though. I generally make my own.
Best bbq food you've had on 21:23 - Jun 23 with 1685 viewslifelong

I did one this evening... burgers, sausages and chicken breast fillets, all marianaded in sweet chilli prior to cooking. Accompanied by Mrs Lifelongs home made coleslaw, pasta and new potatoes....superb.
Best bbq food you've had on 22:15 - Jun 23 with 1638 viewsdickythorpe

Best bbq food you've had on 21:15 - Jun 23 by TheFranchise

I love a good burger, it has to be a good one though. I generally make my own.

Recipe dave? By the way do you like lamb?
Best bbq food you've had on 22:17 - Jun 23 with 1634 viewsdickythorpe

Best bbq food you've had on 21:23 - Jun 23 by lifelong

I did one this evening... burgers, sausages and chicken breast fillets, all marianaded in sweet chilli prior to cooking. Accompanied by Mrs Lifelongs home made coleslaw, pasta and new potatoes....superb.

Jersey royals have been superb this year. Pembs have been ok. What about gower new potatoes? They used to be buggers to boil. Sandy soil makes them disintegrate quickly under a rapid boil.
Best bbq food you've had on 00:10 - Jun 24 with 1578 viewsProfessor

Jerseys have indeed been excellent this year as has asparagus. Don’t bother with bbq In UK anymore. Really don’t enjoy burnt sausages and burgers better in a big pan to imitate a US flat top.
Best barbecue has to be in Athens GA. Ribs, brisket and wings. Collard Greens, pit beans and Texas Toast. No going back after real southern food..
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 0:13]
Best bbq food you've had on 00:46 - Jun 24 with 1552 viewsjack_lord

Best bbq food you've had on 00:10 - Jun 24 by Professor

Jerseys have indeed been excellent this year as has asparagus. Don’t bother with bbq In UK anymore. Really don’t enjoy burnt sausages and burgers better in a big pan to imitate a US flat top.
Best barbecue has to be in Athens GA. Ribs, brisket and wings. Collard Greens, pit beans and Texas Toast. No going back after real southern food..

Their wings are on a different plane.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Best bbq food you've had on 09:30 - Jun 24 with 1451 viewsPegojack

Best bbq food you've had on 22:15 - Jun 23 by dickythorpe

I make my own burgers when I can be bothered. They do taste better. Here's my recipe, nicked off Jamie Oliver.
Ingredients (makes 4)
- 1 lb of good quality ground beef, preferably natural or organic
- Half a medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 large egg
- 1 handful of fresh bread crumbs with crust removed
- 1/2 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed (powdered coriander is fine)
- 1 small pinch of cumin seeds, crushed (ditto)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns.
Fry the diced onion in a little butter or oil until soft and allow to cool (you'll burn your hand otherwise!).
Mix and scrunch all the ingredients together including onion in a glass bowl. Divide into 4, mould each one into the shape of a cricket ball in your hand, then gently flatten into patty shape.
Brush grill plates lightly with oil. Place burgers on grill and cook rotating after 3 minutes, roughly 6 minutes per a side, until burgers are cooked through but still juicy. Toast hamburger buns placing cut side down on grill.
Add favourite fixings and stuff your face.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 9:31]
Best bbq food you've had on 10:51 - Jun 24 with 1387 viewsmax936

Best bbq food you've had on 09:30 - Jun 24 by Pegojack

I make my own burgers when I can be bothered. They do taste better. Here's my recipe, nicked off Jamie Oliver.
Ingredients (makes 4)
- 1 lb of good quality ground beef, preferably natural or organic
- Half a medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 large egg
- 1 handful of fresh bread crumbs with crust removed
- 1/2 tbsp coriander seeds, crushed (powdered coriander is fine)
- 1 small pinch of cumin seeds, crushed (ditto)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns.
Fry the diced onion in a little butter or oil until soft and allow to cool (you'll burn your hand otherwise!).
Mix and scrunch all the ingredients together including onion in a glass bowl. Divide into 4, mould each one into the shape of a cricket ball in your hand, then gently flatten into patty shape.
Brush grill plates lightly with oil. Place burgers on grill and cook rotating after 3 minutes, roughly 6 minutes per a side, until burgers are cooked through but still juicy. Toast hamburger buns placing cut side down on grill.
Add favourite fixings and stuff your face.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 9:31]

Mrs uses that recipe when she makes them but hasn’t since Lad moved away, she uses crushed Jacobs crackers instead of bread crumbs though.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Best bbq food you've had on 11:14 - Jun 24 with 1368 viewsTheFranchise

Best bbq food you've had on 22:15 - Jun 23 by dickythorpe

Generally just ground ribeye (something with some nice tasty fat), and egg to bind, black pepper and some garlic salt.

I tend to just wing it.

Lamb is good but for bbq's I prefer the ease of minced meats so koftas & burgers, some chicken breast fillets cooked indirectly are good too.
Best bbq food you've had on 12:08 - Jun 24 with 1339 viewsdickythorpe

Great stuff gents. Some tasty ideas and memories there.

Enjoy.
Best bbq food you've had on 12:20 - Jun 24 with 1333 viewslondonlisa2001

Best bbq food you've had on 12:08 - Jun 24 by dickythorpe

Great stuff gents. Some tasty ideas and memories there.

Enjoy.

I always think that one of the biggest improvements in taste using a bbq rather than conventional cooking is whole fish. Spectacular when done on the bbq, particularly freshly caught and bbq’d on the beach.

Red snapper freshly caught and cooked on the beach is stunning.
Best bbq food you've had on 12:22 - Jun 24 with 1326 viewsJackfath

Best bbq food you've had on 12:20 - Jun 24 by londonlisa2001

I always think that one of the biggest improvements in taste using a bbq rather than conventional cooking is whole fish. Spectacular when done on the bbq, particularly freshly caught and bbq’d on the beach.

Mackerel caught off the kayak and cooked on the kettle bbq with a squeeze of lemon is something I do sometimes.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Best bbq food you've had on 12:26 - Jun 24 with 1323 viewslondonlisa2001

Best bbq food you've had on 12:22 - Jun 24 by Jackfath

Mackerel caught off the kayak and cooked on the kettle bbq with a squeeze of lemon is something I do sometimes.

Yep, fresh mackerel on the bbq is fabulous too.
Best bbq food you've had on 13:00 - Jun 24 with 1305 viewsdickythorpe

Monkfish is a "meaty" fish. I've had red snapper in the brasseria in wind st. A taste sensation Lisa!

Fath, get some invites out!!''
Best bbq food you've had on 13:27 - Jun 24 with 1291 viewssnork44

Best bbq food you've had on 00:10 - Jun 24 by Professor

Professor ,I live near Athens ,GA , what s the name of the BBQ place and where in Athens is it ?

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Best bbq food you've had on 00:11 - Jun 25 with 1179 viewsjack_lord

Best bbq food you've had on 12:20 - Jun 24 by londonlisa2001

Do people use foil or just straight on the "grill"?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Best bbq food you've had on 09:20 - Jun 25 with 1124 viewsProfessor

Best bbq food you've had on 13:27 - Jun 24 by snork44

Professor ,I live near Athens ,GA , what s the name of the BBQ place and where in Athens is it ?

No idea of the name. Was next to the railroad with a few other shops. Pretty basic food on trays but a good selection. Some good places to eat in Athens and good local beer too. We have a partnership with UGA, so was lucky enough to get some time out there a couple of years back. Would like to go again sometime.
Best bbq food you've had on 15:38 - Jun 25 with 1016 viewswestwalesed

If you're having a group round, a great idea is to get a leg of Lamb.

De-Bone it then butterfly it (ask your butcher if you don't know how.

Score the meat about half an inch deep then put in a marinade of Olive Oil, Crushed Garlic (lots), Marjoram / Oregano / Rosemary (lots), lemon zest (not juice) about three. Generous seasoning of salt and pepper. Leave for two hours at room temp.

Then cook the whole thing on a medium barbeque until it's nicely charred on the outside and blushing pink in the middle. Should take about 15 mins each side.

Absolutely stunning.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024