Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many need to go before players come in 09:00 - Jun 24 with 7306 viewsthornabyswan

So far we have lost 7 senior players from the squad.

Rangel
Leon
Ki
Abrahams
Sanches
King
Fabianski

I would have thought we are still looking to shift.

Bony
A.Ayew
J.Ayew
Mawson
Fernandez.
Messa

Personally I think we will be signing players in the last 2 weeks of the window.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

How many need to go before players come in on 09:05 - Jun 24 with 3196 viewsoldcob

That's my fear too. They won't have time to gel and will be taking the field a bunch of strangers.
How many need to go before players come in on 09:09 - Jun 24 with 3179 viewsmagicdaps10

Well, new players wont come in until they have received any money in first. The Fabianski cash will cover monies owing to West Ham for the Ayew deal so we can forget on that.

I would suspect we wont spend vast amounts so the Mesa deal should see 1/2 come in from that money.

It was always going to be a busy summer and the fact that appx 6wks has already been wasted suggests that not much if anything has changed with them lot.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

How many need to go before players come in on 09:16 - Jun 24 with 3156 viewsPrivate_Partz

How many need to go before players come in on 09:05 - Jun 24 by oldcob

That's my fear too. They won't have time to gel and will be taking the field a bunch of strangers.

This will render the friendlies pointless as Potter tries to prepare the team.
I agree it looks like late and panic buying will be the order of the day yet again. Dineen has already warned us of this during his 'not me guv' interview on Swansea Sound.
Look where this has got us over the last three years.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

How many need to go before players come in on 09:18 - Jun 24 with 3146 viewsthornabyswan

How many need to go before players come in on 09:09 - Jun 24 by magicdaps10

Well, new players wont come in until they have received any money in first. The Fabianski cash will cover monies owing to West Ham for the Ayew deal so we can forget on that.

I would suspect we wont spend vast amounts so the Mesa deal should see 1/2 come in from that money.

It was always going to be a busy summer and the fact that appx 6wks has already been wasted suggests that not much if anything has changed with them lot.

It's a conundrum though.
Yes we want players in so they can have a pre season together.
But we can't really afford to buy players unless we are getting fees in.

Clubs know this that's why we are getting fukced about by the likes of West Ham with Mawson Sevilla with Messa.
And Beskitas with Bony.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 9:23]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

How many need to go before players come in on 09:23 - Jun 24 with 3106 viewsyescomeon

Potter and his team will be looking at incoming players, my guess is its Jenkins and players agents dealing with outgoings, so two different departments which can operate simultaneously.

Are the players even back in training yet? Wouldn't want us to sign players for the sake of signing players. Let Potter get a look at what's in the squad. Besides, we don't really need to add a lot to the squad.

Upthecity!

How many need to go before players come in on 09:27 - Jun 24 with 3083 viewsmagicdaps10

How many need to go before players come in on 09:18 - Jun 24 by thornabyswan

It's a conundrum though.

Clubs know this that's why we are getting fukced about by the likes of West Ham with Mawson Sevilla with Messa.
And Beskitas with Bony.

Do you see us spending big in terms of Championship level?

I dont.

Think we will spend but at very most maybe 6/7m, so I dont see why we have to be so tight and wait for monies in first. Im not saying or having a go for them not spending a lot of money, they dont need too but they need to be wiser.

Our assets that we are going to sell will be higher in regards to what we will be spending so will eradicate the amount of fathing about we have seen in previous seasons.

We need to give Potter every opportunity to do a good job, get their shiit in to first gear would be a decent start.
Our last 3 managers out of 4 have been let down badly by the board, amends should be made surely this time!?

How many need to go before players come in on 09:33 - Jun 24 with 3061 viewsmagicdaps10

How many need to go before players come in on 09:23 - Jun 24 by yescomeon

Potter and his team will be looking at incoming players, my guess is its Jenkins and players agents dealing with outgoings, so two different departments which can operate simultaneously.

Are the players even back in training yet? Wouldn't want us to sign players for the sake of signing players. Let Potter get a look at what's in the squad. Besides, we don't really need to add a lot to the squad.

Well who is leaving? Realistically any of the following

NAUGHTON
MAWSON
FERNANDEZ
MESA
NARSINGH
MONTERO
A AYEW
J AYEW
BASTON
BONY
AMAT

Throw that on top of
FAB
RANGEL
BRITTON
SANCHES
ABRAHAM
KING

I would suggest that we might need in to double figures of incomings.
The big dilema for us is getting good players in and the right balance. We have to keep a good core from last seasons squad and integrate the new ones wisely.

How many need to go before players come in on 10:07 - Jun 24 with 2942 viewsSmellyplumz

It's a conundrum though.

And Beskitas with Bony.

Don't be silly mun, the yanks are dipping into their personal post office savings accounts as we speak according to the brains trust on here, yanks are on their way now. 😂

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Login to get fewer ads

How many need to go before players come in on 10:11 - Jun 24 with 2932 viewsthornabyswan

How many need to go before players come in on 09:33 - Jun 24 by magicdaps10

NAUGHTON
MAWSON
FERNANDEZ
MESA
NARSINGH
MONTERO
A AYEW
J AYEW
BASTON
BONY
AMAT

Throw that on top of
FAB
RANGEL
BRITTON
SANCHES
ABRAHAM
KING

The big dilema for us is getting good players in and the right balance. We have to keep a good core from last seasons squad and integrate the new ones wisely.

Yes I didn't include the likes of Amat Montero and Baston in my list so potentially could be looking at 15 or 16 players out.
7 have gone so far none in bar an under 23 player and the season starts in less than 6 weeks with the window effectively closing 5 days later.

How many need to go before players come in on 10:18 - Jun 24 with 2906 viewsyescomeon

How many need to go before players come in on 09:33 - Jun 24 by magicdaps10

NAUGHTON
MAWSON
FERNANDEZ
MESA
NARSINGH
MONTERO
A AYEW
J AYEW
BASTON
BONY
AMAT

Throw that on top of
FAB
RANGEL
BRITTON
SANCHES
ABRAHAM
KING

I see you've extended the list from the OP. Why not just extend it to every player on the books at the club? They could all go in theory.

If the players in the OP left I'd say we need one player, that creative player we've been missing for a while. Someone to do for us what Carlos Vela did for Mexico the other day.

If your list went I'd say we need maybe four players as we could do with a centre back a winger and a striker too. I don't think it's inconceivable that we end up going into the season with Amat, Baston, Narsingh and maybe (but hopefully not) Montero. They stay and we obviously don't need anyone in those positions.

Upthecity!

How many need to go before players come in on 10:22 - Jun 24 with 2891 viewsPrivate_Partz

It's a conundrum though.

And Beskitas with Bony.

Whatever happened to 'next level' and owners who can 'take the hit of relegation' eh?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

How many need to go before players come in on 10:27 - Jun 24 with 2878 viewsPrivate_Partz

How many need to go before players come in on 09:23 - Jun 24 by yescomeon

'Don't really need to add a lot to the squad' . Really?
I truly hope the complacency of many on here, who think this league will be a cakewalk, has not spread to the Boardroom.
We are well and truly effed if we think a reduced squad on last season and a few U23s to bolster it will see us thrive.

How many need to go before players come in on 10:37 - Jun 24 with 2844 viewsthornabyswan

How many need to go before players come in on 10:22 - Jun 24 by Private_Partz

Whatever happened to 'next level' and owners who can 'take the hit of relegation' eh?

Don't fancy being the next Villa do you.
If you think the owners are just going to give us money you are in cloud cuckoo land.
And we don't want them loaning us money either.
We need to live within our means.

How many need to go before players come in on 10:39 - Jun 24 with 2829 viewslonglostjack

How many need to go before players come in on 10:37 - Jun 24 by thornabyswan

If you think the owners are just going to give us money you are in cloud cuckoo land.

And your last sentence should apply to Pearlman and Jenkins’ salaries too.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 10:40]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

How many need to go before players come in on 10:48 - Jun 24 with 2796 viewsyescomeon

How many need to go before players come in on 10:27 - Jun 24 by Private_Partz

'Don't really need to add a lot to the squad' . Really?
I truly hope the complacency of many on here, who think this league will be a cakewalk, has not spread to the Boardroom.
We are well and truly effed if we think a reduced squad on last season and a few U23s to bolster it will see us thrive.

I'm not suggesting it will be a cake walk. We need to use this opportunity to clear out the vast amount of dross taking up room in the squad. Unfortunately it's going to be the good players that go first, and the best of all, Fab, went first of all. We will most likely lose Mawson and Fernandez too. Hopefully we can offload Bony, the two Ayews and Montero who are the biggest wastes of wages in the squad. That still leaves a 21 man first team squad. I'm advocating bringing in that one player, so that puts it up to 22. Out of that 22 you could field a side like:

Nordfelt
Roberts, van der Hoorn, Amat/Bartley, Olsson
Fer, Carroll
Narsingh, New Player, James
McBurnie
Subs: Dyer, Borja, Bartley/Amat, Mulder, Naughton, Clucas, Dhanda

with Squad: Routledge, Grimes, Maric, Fulton, Rondon still in the squad. That's more than adequate for the Championship. Won't get us up, but wont get us relegated. We don't want to be looking to go up this season, we'll just end up right back where we were last season.

Upthecity!

How many need to go before players come in on 10:50 - Jun 24 with 2788 viewsBadlands

Only 18 transfers in throughout the Championship so far.
(Forest and Preston account for 8)

Is the maximum number of players in a Championship squad limited? I can't find a number!

All I come up with are the rules on
loanees - max 8 (no more than 4 from a single club) & up to 5 on match days team, no more than 4 overseas players.
&
EFL teams will be required to increase the number of homegrown players in their matchday squad from six to seven from next season.(someone who has been with an English or Welsh club for three years before their 21st birthday.)
&
Plus at least one, 'club-developed' player.
&
no emergency loans other than goalkeeper after proving all the club's goalkeeper are unfit.

Potter's team used the loan market well in Sweden but I'm not sure the quality of players they attracted are up to the standard we need.
If they are, fine, but we may have to wait for the Premier League clubs to start sorting their squads before players become available.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

How many need to go before players come in on 10:54 - Jun 24 with 2772 viewsawayjack

How many need to go before players come in on 10:11 - Jun 24 by thornabyswan

Yes I didn't include the likes of Amat Montero and Baston in my list so potentially could be looking at 15 or 16 players out.
7 have gone so far none in bar an under 23 player and the season starts in less than 6 weeks with the window effectively closing 5 days later.

Sadly like Groundhog Day with our transfer policy. Board on holidays, yanks AWOL running and can't buy until we sell. This year as you say with 15 or so players leaving there'll be no time to get quality in. I suspect it'll the couple of Potter signings rumoured from Sweden, a couple of unproven loanees and a couple of free transfers just before deadline. Doesn't look like much a of plan to start the season with a bang.
How many need to go before players come in on 10:56 - Jun 24 with 2769 viewsBadlands

I've just read a piece on Fede being offered for sale as he's a big earner but the published deals show he's paid the same as Dyer and Leroy.
A big mistake to lose any of them as they would be strong Championship players, know the club and are (Dyer excepted) offer good leadership.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

How many need to go before players come in on 11:01 - Jun 24 with 2756 viewsjackboy1966

The value of the player coming in doesn't matter as per previous Potter workings. It's all about the system and the ability to change during games. Not involved in preseason puts everyone at a disadvantage. To get back to the Swansea way will needs hours of practice on the training ground i.e. Preseason. It's a must we get players in before this starts otherwise we will be found wanting in a very tough league
How many need to go before players come in on 11:09 - Jun 24 with 2727 views34dfgdf54

How many need to go before players come in on 10:37 - Jun 24 by thornabyswan

Correct.

Lots on here thought we would have the biggest budgets in the league, was never, ever going to be the case.
How many need to go before players come in on 11:09 - Jun 24 with 2725 viewsjasper_T

We need to find/save £40m on the wage bill for this season so however many that takes.

I don't think we need to rush things. Panic buying players when we (and the manager) don't know where the squad is at won't do the football club any good. Even with 7 senior players out our squad is oversized.

We've seen in recent seasons how well our lesser players like Bartley and McBurnie can do in the Championship. There's no particular lack of quality in our squad for this level (look at some of the teams that finished top half last season). It'll come down to what Potter manages to put together with the pieces at hand.
How many need to go before players come in on 11:32 - Jun 24 with 2662 viewsmagicdaps10

We need to keep a core. We need to keep players we can afford to pay, players with a future sprinkled with experienced ones who have something to offer at championship level and work around that.

ROBERTS
OLSSON
VDH
BARTLEY
CARROLL
CLUCAS
FER
MCBURNIE
DYER
JAMES
GRIMES

Not all are going to be to peoples taste but we need to start the season with a bit of familiarity added with 2/3 new faces(in the starting 11)
With regards to strengthening, creativity is a must! We need a no10 and a winger capable of getting goals.
The players are out there who are within budget, just look at the realistic transfer thread.......the powers at be need to wake up, hopefully Potter will be the spoon that stirs the coffee.

How many need to go before players come in on 11:36 - Jun 24 with 2652 viewsmagicdaps10

How many need to go before players come in on 10:07 - Jun 24 by Smellyplumz

Don't be silly mun, the yanks are dipping into their personal post office savings accounts as we speak according to the brains trust on here, yanks are on their way now. 😂

Come on!!!

I think everybody knows the score now. Even the silence of team cockwhomble even suggests to me that they have had the light bulb glow above their heads.

How many need to go before players come in on 11:37 - Jun 24 with 2643 viewsJackfath

Has Routledge retired?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

How many need to go before players come in on 11:38 - Jun 24 with 2643 viewsSwanjaxs

I honestly believe most on here don't realise the amount of shìt we're in! We could easily drop like a stone...
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 11:39]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024