Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parachute Payments 09:16 - Jun 25 with 753 viewsomarjack

A very trivial question I know. But..

In the official accounts of Aston Villa,Norwich and Newcastle it shows the following:

Aston Villa made 66 m in PL broadcasting in year 2016. They made 48 m in Parachute Payments in their first championship season.

Norwich made 70 m in PL broadcast,The year after they've made 50 m in parachutes.

Newcastle made 72 in PL broadcasting,the year after in the championship they've made 47 m only.

It's reported that in the first year in the championship,the parachute payments will be 55% of the relegation's PL income.

Yet..

Norwich's parachutes were 71% of the PL broadcasting income in the relegation season.
Aston Villa's were 72%
Newcastle's were 65%

The numbers don't add up with the 55% reported PP clubs receive..Not to forget Newcastle made a bit less in percentage than the other 2 clubs..

How is that?

Swansea pocketed 97 m in their relegation season..How much money will they pocket in PP for the 1st year after relegation?

Clearly none of us have facts here. But this could be discussed.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Parachute Payments on 09:34 - Jun 25 with 716 viewsShaky

I haven't found any primary source documentation of the precise formula, but certainly the TV money while in the prem is to a certain extent determined by the final position in the league table.

Whether that explains all of the variance is something I have not analysed, but would be interested to learn.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Parachute Payments on 09:46 - Jun 25 with 680 viewsShaky

. . . And don't forget a new TV deal kicked in for the '16/17 season.

Clubs relegated in '15/16 would presumably have benefited from that.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Parachute Payments on 09:51 - Jun 25 with 672 viewswobbly

I think it’s 55 per cent of the equal share of BROADCAST revenue paid to Premier League clubs in the first year after relegation, 45% Year 2 and 20% in year three.

So, £40m for year 1 based on the current tv rights deal? Solidarity payments etc are on top of that.
Parachute Payments on 09:56 - Jun 25 with 656 viewsomarjack

Parachute Payments on 09:51 - Jun 25 by wobbly

I think it’s 55 per cent of the equal share of BROADCAST revenue paid to Premier League clubs in the first year after relegation, 45% Year 2 and 20% in year three.

So, £40m for year 1 based on the current tv rights deal? Solidarity payments etc are on top of that.

But the club also get the 6-7 m in income from Championship income correct?

So..if the PL equal share is 79 m..Swansea's 1st year's PP will be around 43 m

plus 7 m from championship broadcast etc it'll total around 50 m in TV income from first year (add to that few quids from FA cup/league cup money to round the numbers)

Sounds about right?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Parachute Payments on 10:04 - Jun 25 with 642 viewsawayjack

Parachute Payments on 09:56 - Jun 25 by omarjack

But the club also get the 6-7 m in income from Championship income correct?

So..if the PL equal share is 79 m..Swansea's 1st year's PP will be around 43 m

plus 7 m from championship broadcast etc it'll total around 50 m in TV income from first year (add to that few quids from FA cup/league cup money to round the numbers)

Sounds about right?

With our cash flow position the timing of these payments are also pretty key. Does anyone know when these parachute payments are made and when the last instalment of last years monies are paid?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024