Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nationality 12:55 - Jun 25 with 7371 viewsTreforys_Jack

This is a genuine post not a wind up to get the usual suspects in a never ending cycle of who's right and wrong. I've been doing my family history over the last few months as aside from my parents and 1 grandparent I had no real idea where they all came from. It turns out 3 of my 4 grandparents were born in England. Bit of a surprise to be completely honest. So is it where you are born or the roots of your blood as it were. Legally it's where you're born I know but deep down , I'm not so sure. C'mon Ingerlund lol.
In all seriousness family history is fascinating , I'm back to 1781 on one side and 1848 on the other. Mind boggling and addictive. Anyone else had a go at their ancestry.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2018 12:58]
Nationality on 19:20 - Jun 27 with 1107 viewsexiledclaseboy

Nationality is an entirely meaningless concept governed by a combination of arbitrary lines drawn in a map by people for political convenience and accident of birth. It’s only useful for fostering division and hate. Best not to worry about it.

Poll: Tory leader

Nationality on 19:26 - Jun 27 with 1099 viewszedlep

Nationality on 19:20 - Jun 27 by exiledclaseboy

Nationality is an entirely meaningless concept governed by a combination of arbitrary lines drawn in a map by people for political convenience and accident of birth. It’s only useful for fostering division and hate. Best not to worry about it.

Nah, I’m Welsh me!

Zedzdead

Nationality on 19:34 - Jun 27 with 1088 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Nationality on 04:11 - Jun 28 with 1023 viewsScottishEddie

But there are cultural differences which ties up with nationalaties?

On another note did you know if a pig eats a ham sandwich it can cause something like mad pig disease, it happened Africa. I heard it on BBC radio 4 so its def true!

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Nationality on 04:14 - Jun 28 with 1019 viewsScottishEddie

Back on topic, how did you go about it Treforys? That Ancestry site seems expensive! Im sure they just make up that you had the same grandmother as Nelson Mandela just to leep you hooked!
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 4:14]

Poll: Stupidest Posterer of the Year

Nationality on 05:56 - Jun 28 with 999 viewsTreforys_Jack

1.Roots chat - a genealogy forum, with unbelievably helpful members.
2.Freebmd
3. Took a months subscription out on Findmypast, about a tenner . Ancestry does a free 2 month trial i think.

It tends to draw you in, you solve one mystery and it opens up another two. Very addictive, can get a bit expensive as you sometimes need to buy certificates to prove what you believe to be true. It gives me a bit of a buzz to see the actual form my relatives filled out in their own handwriting in the 1841 census etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024