Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Lawrenson's comments 22:10 - Jun 25 with 2836 viewsNewhousemustscore

He said he didn't think it was a penalty because Ronaldo "was not in control of the ball". Is that the rule? I always thought it was either a foul or it wasn't a foul.
When the English players were wrestled to the ground at corners they weren't in control of the ball either.
Mark Lawrenson's comments on 22:26 - Jun 25 with 2778 viewsBadlands

I was with people who wanted the sound on and Lawrenson ruined the game for me. His stupid comments, misunderstanding of the laws of the games, dismissive assessment of players and general maw, making really pi$$es me off.
Ronaldo "was not in control of the ball". - utter balderdash. He gave a foul against Ronaldo for elbowing a player off 50 yards from the ball.
Normally I turn the sound off or watch a foreign feed online.
Exceptions the woman whose name I don't know on BBC and I think's Jon Champion.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Mark Lawrenson's comments on 22:54 - Jun 25 with 2703 viewsE20Jack

I never understand this desire for someone talking over the game.

I would say with some certainty that if a social experiment was undertaken where those who want such commentary had to endure a place where the sound was muted, then said bloke behind them on the pub saying the exact same thing the commentator would have - it would be about 5 minutes before someone tells him to shut up!

The pre scripted need for timely sound bites is cringeworthy.

“goal for bofana bofana! Goal for South Africa! Goal for ALLLLL OF AFRICA!!!”

Was one such nauseating utterance in which no doubt he was up half the night before constructing.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Mark Lawrenson's comments on 23:02 - Jun 25 with 2676 viewslondonlisa2001

Mark Lawrenson's comments on 22:54 - Jun 25 by E20Jack

I never understand this desire for someone talking over the game.

I would say with some certainty that if a social experiment was undertaken where those who want such commentary had to endure a place where the sound was muted, then said bloke behind them on the pub saying the exact same thing the commentator would have - it would be about 5 minutes before someone tells him to shut up!

The pre scripted need for timely sound bites is cringeworthy.

“goal for bofana bofana! Goal for South Africa! Goal for ALLLLL OF AFRICA!!!”

Was one such nauseating utterance in which no doubt he was up half the night before constructing.

I’ve often thought there should be an option with crowd noise but no commentary. On the red button if necessary.

When the sound is on mute it’s a bit odd but the commentary for most matches is generally terrible (not just this World Cup).

The commentators on the England match last night were woeful.
Mark Lawrenson's comments on 23:12 - Jun 25 with 2651 viewstrampie

TV people need to be careful they don't cause English people to riot.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Mark Lawrenson's comments on 23:13 - Jun 25 with 2643 viewstrampie

Lawrenson and Shearers comments were a disgrace.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Mark Lawrenson's comments on 10:00 - Jun 26 with 2308 viewsploppy

It's not just Lawrenson. Phil Neville is dire when he's co-commentator - his voice is monotonous and he needs to calm down a bit (he seems to be forcing it, in the same way that Mark Bright used to). Lawrenson is a complete arse - he thinks he's funny all the time. Sometimes, I don't think the commentators and co-commentators are watching the game. Lee Dixon (who I normally like, but who seems to have turned into a grump like Lawrenson) couldn't understand why Russia's right back was booked but a free kick was given to Russia. Well, Uruguay had just won the ball, and the RB clattered into Cavani. The ref played on (rightly) because Uruguay were breaking away. Finally, the RB wins the ball back and he's fouled. Ref books RB and gives free kick to Russia. Simples. Unless you're not watching. Favourite for me is Danny Murphy, but I've also been pleasantly surprised by Ally McCoist who seems a real history buff.
Mark Lawrenson's comments on 07:04 - Jun 28 with 2009 viewsAlfieMooresSon

He's a dick like three quarters of the pundits!

They are so poor this World Cup, standards are dropping, and they are trying to be too politically correct.
Mark Lawrenson's comments on 07:23 - Jun 28 with 1989 viewsmoonie

Mc Coist is excellent and a well balanced pundit.

Time to Lawro to be binned
Login to get fewer ads

Mark Lawrenson's comments on 09:54 - Jun 28 with 1935 viewsdickythorpe

Can't work out why there are so many in the studio before hand!! Lampard is dreadful, Danny Murphy is worse than Lawrenson for me.
Itv have 4 working with the anchorman!!! Terrible waste of money. Plus the token females is cringing.
Mark Lawrenson's comments on 10:14 - Jun 28 with 1915 viewsSWANSEYE

Lawrenson is a total buffoon who somehow has wangled a Media Job because of his Career in Football but is probably one of the worst commentators and pundits on TV and biased too - He hated the Swans so that's the only benefit I can see in getting relegated is that we don't have to put up with his rubbish commentary until we get back up !!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024