Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uber license renewed in London great news 17:52 - Jun 26 with 3085 viewspikeypaul

Great news in the fight against the rip off black cab monopoly.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Uber license renewed in London great news on 17:55 - Jun 26 with 2568 viewsJackfath

I wouldn't mind being an UBER driver in my spare time. I hope they eventually bring it to Swansea.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Uber license renewed in London great news on 18:05 - Jun 26 with 2548 viewsPegojack

Uber license renewed in London great news on 17:55 - Jun 26 by Jackfath

I wouldn't mind being an UBER driver in my spare time. I hope they eventually bring it to Swansea.

Yes, great news that Uber has sacked its previous London management and replaced it, has agreed to tow the line regarding TFL rules and regualtions, particularly safety and security for passengers, and been hit with £425,000 in court costs.
Uber license renewed in London great news on 18:19 - Jun 26 with 2527 viewspikeypaul

£425k is peanuts for Uber to get the London license they will get that back tomorrow it works out at £11 per driver.And since their service had zero interruption whilst the appeal has gone on it will seem like chicken feed to them.

4 of us got a Uber X a BMW 3 series back to Swansea last week from Cardiff £72 total bargain.

The 4 train tickets would have been about £40 then stuck in high street.

The sooner it gets into Swansea the better.

The driver did say since he lives in Bridgend he will do anywhere in Swansea area to Cardiff airport for £45 for up to 4 people total price.We all took his number.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 18:57]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Uber license renewed in London great news on 19:24 - Jun 26 with 2480 viewsbluey_the_blue

Uber license renewed in London great news on 18:05 - Jun 26 by Pegojack

Yes, great news that Uber has sacked its previous London management and replaced it, has agreed to tow the line regarding TFL rules and regualtions, particularly safety and security for passengers, and been hit with £425,000 in court costs.

Interesting that the London cabbies union rail about the eviiiil Uber drivers yet as soon as you point out one of their licensed drivers, errm, went abroad to fight for ISIS you suddenly get blocked by the cvnts.

Black cab drivers looking to protect their own interest and fvck consumers.
Uber license renewed in London great news on 19:33 - Jun 26 with 2471 viewslonglostjack

Where do Uber pay their taxes Pikey? How patriotic you are.

https://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKBN18Y1Z6

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Uber license renewed in London great news on 19:46 - Jun 26 with 2447 viewspikeypaul

Uber license renewed in London great news on 19:33 - Jun 26 by longlostjack

Where do Uber pay their taxes Pikey? How patriotic you are.

https://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKBN18Y1Z6

Where do eBay,amazon,Starbucks,etc,etc,etc pay their taxes? Do you use any of these

Besides the 40,000 drivers in London alone pay their taxes here and all earnings tracked and recorded unlike the many private hire and black cab money in the bag merchants.

If I get a decent price from Uber compared to the rip of black cabs I'll take it if you want to pay double that's up to you.

276 AFLI

Uber license renewed in London great news on 20:46 - Jun 26 with 2400 viewsbluey_the_blue

Disclaimer; father in law is a black cab driver in London, Lazy cvnt, with emphasis on the cvnt part....

His best mate was also a black cabbie; he used to work nights and freely admitted picking up drunks, insisting on money up front. If said drunks forgot they'd paid and paid him again, he'd willingly accept the cash.

For every good black cabbie, there are also w@nkers. LTDA should clean their own mess up before commenting.
Uber license renewed in London great news on 21:10 - Jun 26 with 2380 viewslonglostjack

Uber license renewed in London great news on 19:46 - Jun 26 by pikeypaul

Where do eBay,amazon,Starbucks,etc,etc,etc pay their taxes? Do you use any of these

Besides the 40,000 drivers in London alone pay their taxes here and all earnings tracked and recorded unlike the many private hire and black cab money in the bag merchants.

If I get a decent price from Uber compared to the rip of black cabs I'll take it if you want to pay double that's up to you.

276 AFLI

About time these internet companies paid their fair share of tax. Support the EU digital tax initiative! Unless of course you believe in unbridled globalization and big corporate.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 21:23]

Login to get fewer ads

Uber license renewed in London great news on 21:23 - Jun 26 with 2354 viewspikeypaul

Uber license renewed in London great news on 21:10 - Jun 26 by longlostjack

About time these internet companies paid their fair share of tax. Support the EU digital tax initiative! Unless of course you believe in unbridled globalization and big corporate.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 21:23]

So loads of jobs coming here when we are out of the EU and the Internet companies are relocating here to avoid this new EU tax.

I am glad you are finally seeing the great advantage we will have when we are out,now go and tell all your pussy remoaner mates.

Lovely jubbly.

276 AFLI
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 21:27]

Uber license renewed in London great news on 21:27 - Jun 26 with 2347 viewslonglostjack

Uber license renewed in London great news on 21:23 - Jun 26 by pikeypaul

So loads of jobs coming here when we are out of the EU and the Internet companies are relocating here to avoid this new EU tax.

I am glad you are finally seeing the great advantage we will have when we are out,now go and tell all your pussy remoaner mates.

Lovely jubbly.

276 AFLI
[Post edited 26 Jun 2018 21:27]

“Loads of jobs coming here when we are out of the EU”

You have a sense of humour Pikey - I’ll give you that.

Uber license renewed in London great news on 21:31 - Jun 26 with 2339 viewspikeypaul

So these companies are just going to pay these new EU taxes are they without considering locating out of the EU which we wil be are they?

You can not have it both ways and just dug your own grave.

276 AFLI

Uber license renewed in London great news on 21:40 - Jun 26 with 2329 viewslonglostjack

Uber license renewed in London great news on 21:31 - Jun 26 by pikeypaul

So these companies are just going to pay these new EU taxes are they without considering locating out of the EU which we wil be are they?

You can not have it both ways and just dug your own grave.

276 AFLI

You reckon they’ll stop doing business in Europe and concentrate on the much smaller UK market because of a 3% tax on turnover do you? Bloody hell. Get real mun.

Uber license renewed in London great news on 21:41 - Jun 26 with 2324 viewsexiledclaseboy

It’s licence.

As you were.

Poll: Tory leader

Uber license renewed in London great news on 12:51 - Jun 27 with 2167 viewspikeypaul

Uber driver on radio 5 at present. Great insight into the company.

10 years time there will be no black taxi merchants.

Uber license renewed in London great news on 13:00 - Jun 27 with 2155 viewslonglostjack

Uber license renewed in London great news on 12:51 - Jun 27 by pikeypaul

Uber driver on radio 5 at present. Great insight into the company.

10 years time there will be no black taxi merchants.

Another great British tradition falls to the sword of globalisation.

Uber license renewed in London great news on 13:13 - Jun 27 with 2144 viewsLeonWasGod

Uber license renewed in London great news on 13:00 - Jun 27 by longlostjack

The gig economy, hey? A race to the bottom for the working poor.
Uber license renewed in London great news on 13:30 - Jun 27 with 2126 viewspikeypaul

Uber license renewed in London great news on 13:00 - Jun 27 by longlostjack

Welcome to the 21st century.

Black cab merchants doing the knowledge when we have sat nav.😭😭😭

Get back to the 20th century with the rest of the remoaners.

275 AFLI

Uber license renewed in London great news on 12:51 - Jun 28 with 2012 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Excellent news. It used to cost about £7 in a private hire firm to get from my accommodation to Sir Matt Busby Way in Stretford on a weekend, Uber was only around £4.

I use it regularly in Cardiff too, so hopefully they will expand to poorer cities like Swansea as well.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Uber license renewed in London great news on 13:11 - Jun 28 with 2004 viewslondonlisa2001

Uber license renewed in London great news on 12:51 - Jun 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Excellent news. It used to cost about £7 in a private hire firm to get from my accommodation to Sir Matt Busby Way in Stretford on a weekend, Uber was only around £4.

I use it regularly in Cardiff too, so hopefully they will expand to poorer cities like Swansea as well.

Will it also be excellent news when Uber, private monopoly established, then increase prices to what they should be and indeed much more .

I mean I assume you realise that’s the intention? You can’t be stupid enough to think otherwise?

Or, perhaps you can...

Thankfully they have had to make huge concessions which is good news particularly for safety and are only on probation for 15 months.

As an aside, anyone that thinks Sat Nav can find a sensible way round London has never been to London.
Uber license renewed in London great news on 13:24 - Jun 28 with 1990 viewsdickythorpe

My mate (a farmer) has a sat nav that is brilliant when it comes to London. Sent him to soho one week, Wembley the other and battersea the next.

"Duw there's a big place London is, my sat nav can't keep up with it all"
Uber license renewed in London great news on 13:54 - Jun 28 with 1973 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Uber license renewed in London great news on 13:11 - Jun 28 by londonlisa2001

Will it also be excellent news when Uber, private monopoly established, then increase prices to what they should be and indeed much more .

I mean I assume you realise that’s the intention? You can’t be stupid enough to think otherwise?

Or, perhaps you can...

Thankfully they have had to make huge concessions which is good news particularly for safety and are only on probation for 15 months.

As an aside, anyone that thinks Sat Nav can find a sensible way round London has never been to London.

Of course that would not be excellent news. However right now it offers a cheaper alternative. If they raise their prices beyond what a private hire firm would cost then I'll return to using a private hire firm when I do need to use a taxi.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Uber license renewed in London great news on 14:20 - Jun 28 with 1966 viewsexiledclaseboy

Uber license renewed in London great news on 13:54 - Jun 28 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Of course that would not be excellent news. However right now it offers a cheaper alternative. If they raise their prices beyond what a private hire firm would cost then I'll return to using a private hire firm when I do need to use a taxi.

There’ll be no private hire firms left mun. Just Uber. That’s what “monopoly” means.

Poll: Tory leader

Uber license renewed in London great news on 14:30 - Jun 28 with 1957 viewsBatterseajack

Uber license renewed in London great news on 13:11 - Jun 28 by londonlisa2001

Or, perhaps you can...

Heard the other day that each ride is effectively subsidised by investor money to keep the fairs low. One day the investors will want their money back, either the overall pie gets bigger, or the prices will eventually go up. Pikeypaul with his portfolio should understand that.

Thing is though, i have principles and all,and setting aside the fact its a lot cheaper, Uber is just too good not to use. You no longer have to go through the hassle of finding the number of the private hire firm operating in the area you happen to be in and the response/pickup time can't be beaten.

As for taxis, i remember the bad old days of having to stand on a street corner in the middle of the night for ages hoping that one eventually drives past with the orange light on.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 14:31]
Uber license renewed in London great news on 14:34 - Jun 28 with 1951 viewslondonlisa2001

Uber license renewed in London great news on 14:20 - Jun 28 by exiledclaseboy

There’ll be no private hire firms left mun. Just Uber. That’s what “monopoly” means.

Lol.

And then they'll get rid of all the drivers as well. The actual end game.

So we will net, net, have tens of thousands of people without work that used to drive cabs. We pay for them out of taxes that Uber don’t contribute to as they squirrel everything off shore.

Meanwhile our fares are much higher than they are now due to complete lack of competition and an increased use of ‘surge pricing’.

And the enormous funds that are currently subsidising Dwight on his uneconomic taxi journey are laughing as they make it all back a thousand fold.

People are utter mugs, they really are.

No surprise who the people supporting them on here are. It’s the equivalent of the local dealer giving a kid their first go at smack for pennies because they know they’ll get their return in the long run. Laughable.
Uber license renewed in London great news on 14:41 - Jun 28 with 1946 viewslondonlisa2001

Uber license renewed in London great news on 14:30 - Jun 28 by Batterseajack

Heard the other day that each ride is effectively subsidised by investor money to keep the fairs low. One day the investors will want their money back, either the overall pie gets bigger, or the prices will eventually go up. Pikeypaul with his portfolio should understand that.

Thing is though, i have principles and all,and setting aside the fact its a lot cheaper, Uber is just too good not to use. You no longer have to go through the hassle of finding the number of the private hire firm operating in the area you happen to be in and the response/pickup time can't be beaten.

As for taxis, i remember the bad old days of having to stand on a street corner in the middle of the night for ages hoping that one eventually drives past with the orange light on.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2018 14:31]

It’s massively subsidised. That’s the whole point. It’s their strategy. And I won’t use them. (Not only for that. But for safety reasons as well - Thankfully TFL have forced concessions on that front at the moment.)

Same reason as I buy all my books in Daunt not Amazon. And I frequently give books as presents as well, so buy a lot.

I’m lucky I guess that I have that choice, but we will all get what we deserve.

I do think the black cabs have brought a lot of this on themselves, (I used to live in South London for 10 years, so know how bad they can be),but I use my local company rather than Uber.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024