Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kick Japan out 17:10 - Jun 28 with 2100 viewsthornabyswan

Be nice if Fifa were to impose some sanctions after the debacle of the last 15 minutes against Poland.
Nothing will happen but it goes against fair play and decency

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Kick Japan out on 17:12 - Jun 28 with 2083 viewsraynor94

Poland were more than happy to play along, had to be agreed by both benches

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Kick Japan out on 17:13 - Jun 28 with 2080 viewsdobjack2

They took a chance that Senegal wouldn’t score and would have looked pretty stupid if they had.
Kick Japan out on 17:15 - Jun 28 with 2072 viewsthornabyswan

Kick Japan out on 17:12 - Jun 28 by raynor94

Poland were more than happy to play along, had to be agreed by both benches

There was obvious collusion cheating for me.
Nothing will happen though.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Kick Japan out on 17:24 - Jun 28 with 2012 viewsMrSwerve

What happened?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Kick Japan out on 17:32 - Jun 28 with 1976 viewsLeonWasGod

Kick Japan out on 17:24 - Jun 28 by MrSwerve

What happened?

At 1-0 to Poland, Japan spent the last 10 mins or so passing the ball aimlessly about their back 4 (sounds like us!). And Poland let them do it. 1-0 suited both teams.

I’ve only just seen the fallout on the text feed tho - didn’t see it.

Bringing the game inti disrepute I’d have thought. If clubs can get fined for rotating their squad, this kind of thing deserves a harsher penalty.
Kick Japan out on 17:36 - Jun 28 with 1964 viewsthornabyswan

Kick Japan out on 17:24 - Jun 28 by MrSwerve

What happened?

They were losing 1.0 with 15 minutes to go.
So had an identical record to Senegal who were losing to Colombia.
Japan then just passed the ball along there half way line and Poland stood off them.
Japan went through on fair play ironically because they had less yellow cards than Senegal.

Kick Japan out on 17:43 - Jun 28 with 1913 viewsDarran

I’ve got quite a few Japanese friends so I’m pleased for Japan.

Kick them out my arse.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Kick Japan out on 17:47 - Jun 28 with 1895 viewssainthelens

And who's to say Senegal wouldn't have done the same thing? Everyone knows the rules before they start...just gotta make sure you don't put yourself in that position. We may see England/Belgium fckn about later.
Login to get fewer ads

Kick Japan out on 18:18 - Jun 28 with 1802 viewsmonmouth

Like us wanting other teams to do it for us in our last six games, Senegal got what they deserved. If they were closed out with no control and the poles and Japanese had qualified I’d have more sympathy. As it is, all they had to do was get a draw and Japan would have looked like tossers. They couldn’t, so they should just clear off.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Kick Japan out on 18:22 - Jun 28 with 1783 viewsraynor94

Kick Japan out on 17:47 - Jun 28 by sainthelens

And who's to say Senegal wouldn't have done the same thing? Everyone knows the rules before they start...just gotta make sure you don't put yourself in that position. We may see England/Belgium fckn about later.

With out a shadow of doubt you will

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Kick Japan out on 18:23 - Jun 28 with 1778 viewsjack247

That’s a massive gamble. Gamesmanship, yes, but not the same as two teams deliberately playing out a draw because it will put them both through regardless of other results
Kick Japan out on 21:19 - Jun 28 with 1529 viewsAndy1300

leave it out, I have Japan in the works sweepstake

Number 1 team in Wales

Kick Japan out on 07:01 - Jun 29 with 1262 viewsbringbacklaudrup

Japan played their last match in the following conditions according to FIFA's website ( https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/match/300331507/#match-info):

36 ° C, Sunny
13 km/h Wind
24% Humidity

In contrast, England and Belgium played in the following conditions ( https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/match/300340182/#match-info):

21 ° C, Sunny
11 km/h Wind
61% Humidity

Both England and Belgium rested many players. The manager took a calculated risk as he saw Poland had conserved their energy in the first half and was counterattacking with full force in the second half and were creating some pressure on the Japanese goal. Even while easing off in the last ten minutes or so, Japan will be at a big disadvantage to England and Belgium because of the fact they played in temperatures 15 degrees higher today while their other two matches were played in temperatures of 27 and 25 degrees respectively.

I have looked at the conditions for most of the matches played at this World Cup. Of the ones I looked at, today's match between Japan and Poland was played in the highest temperatures.

If passes between the back line is a breach of fair play, it should be formally stated in the rules. It couldn't be any worse than time-wasting by staying down or strolling off the pitch while being substituted. Yet we don't call for bans for every team that does such things.

It seems Japan made a prudent choice considering the circumstances.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2018 7:15]

Poll: Would you rather have Woods or Chirivella?

Kick Japan out on 11:43 - Jun 29 with 1087 viewssherpajacob

Japan went through because Senegal couldn't score against Columbia.

I'm still pissed off with the team Chelsea put out against Huddersfield, but there's nothing we can do about it.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024