Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roberto Martinez 21:38 - Jun 28 with 17683 viewsSgorioFruit

Turned Swansea City FC into one of the most attractive playing football clubs in the whole of the British isles. Massively influential in putting the foundations in for SCFC to become a model club that would rise from league 1 to Premier league in a matter of few years.
And he has also just beaten England in a World Cup game.
If you were told that was going to happen while he was playing for us down the vetch you would have thought you were dreaming.

I’d like to buy that man a pint.

Please discuss.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Roberto Martinez on 08:14 - Jun 30 with 1127 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 06:13 - Jun 30 by jack247

If you honestly think Martinez leaving was exactly the same as every other manager leaving for a club in a higher division, then possibly you are more of an observer than a fan.

...and with that we go full circle.

There is no such thing as “an observer” in this context, it is something you made up to accuse someone of because they see things how they are and are not emotionally unstable.

As I have said many times now, you can be a fan of a club and still see things as they are and be able to see situations rationally without the need for lying and applying mounds of bias. I am amazed you are even trying to suggest that anyone who isn’t getting their knickers in a twist over a manager that left us to go to the Premier League a decade ago is not a fan.

He is doing bloody well, anyone that is still clouded by the fact he did what every single manager in our history had done and left - then maybe they need to keep closer tabs on reality.

Utterly bizarre.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2018 8:23]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Roberto Martinez on 09:08 - Jun 30 with 1093 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 08:14 - Jun 30 by E20Jack

There is no such thing as “an observer” in this context, it is something you made up to accuse someone of because they see things how they are and are not emotionally unstable.

As I have said many times now, you can be a fan of a club and still see things as they are and be able to see situations rationally without the need for lying and applying mounds of bias. I am amazed you are even trying to suggest that anyone who isn’t getting their knickers in a twist over a manager that left us to go to the Premier League a decade ago is not a fan.

He is doing bloody well, anyone that is still clouded by the fact he did what every single manager in our history had done and left - then maybe they need to keep closer tabs on reality.

Utterly bizarre.

Emotionally unstable. Fair play.

A few times on this thread I’ve stated that you have a perfectly valid point of view. What your ego cannot accept, and it’s a common theme in most of your 15+ pagers, is that it’s not the only valid point of view and that your opinion is not final.

In this case, you dismiss Martinez leaving in the way he did as run of the mill, despite many opinions to the contrary on this thread.

It’s an autistic way of debating.
Roberto Martinez on 09:08 - Jun 30 with 1093 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Roberto Martinez on 08:14 - Jun 30 by E20Jack

Utterly bizarre.

He's doing "bloody well" to find jobs after his recent domestic managerial record.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Roberto Martinez on 09:14 - Jun 30 with 1087 viewsDr_Winston

For the record, I couldn't give two shits about the act of simply leaving for another club. I feel no sense of betrayal over the "kick me out" nonsense. Long time readers of this board will be aware that I didn't much like the sneaky little f*cker long before that. If he'd just buggered off to Wigan as soon as Whelan offered him the deal I'd bear him no more ill will now than I did at the time.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Roberto Martinez on 09:34 - Jun 30 with 1070 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 09:08 - Jun 30 by jack247

Emotionally unstable. Fair play.

A few times on this thread I’ve stated that you have a perfectly valid point of view. What your ego cannot accept, and it’s a common theme in most of your 15+ pagers, is that it’s not the only valid point of view and that your opinion is not final.

In this case, you dismiss Martinez leaving in the way he did as run of the mill, despite many opinions to the contrary on this thread.

It’s an autistic way of debating.

Certainly yes, I wouldn’t know how else to describe someone who can’t fathom that people are perfectly understanding of a manager who left a decade ago for a better job. To have your thoughts clouded a decade later due to such a frequent and normal event, to me suggests that is emotionally unstable.

Yes tou have, that’s because I do have a valid point. What you do on threads is put forward a point and when you feel you are losing grip on it you start making underhand comments and show exactly the same amount of belligerence as the person you are debating with yet accusing them of being autistic and egotistical because they don’t agree with you.

There is no opinion, I made a factual statement that if you are being intentionally biased then that is useless in a debate if accuracy is the goal. Which bit do you disagree with exactly? That is absolutely final, it’s fact. I also made the factual point that you can still be a passionate fan and not succumb to such playground mentality of intentional bias and lying to cover your true feelings.

he left a Championship club for a Premiership club. It happens all the time. So what is the difference? He said once that he wouldn’t leave? Similar to a player kissing the badge and making noises of his loyalty. So the question is, after reading what he said once and seeing players kissing the badge, do you think “phew, that’s our manager sorted then for the next 4 decades”.

You are just using his words to bash him and console yourself because there is no way a relatively and usually balanced individual like yourself believed he would stay forever.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2018 9:45]

Roberto Martinez on 09:38 - Jun 30 with 1065 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 09:14 - Jun 30 by Dr_Winston

For the record, I couldn't give two shits about the act of simply leaving for another club. I feel no sense of betrayal over the "kick me out" nonsense. Long time readers of this board will be aware that I didn't much like the sneaky little f*cker long before that. If he'd just buggered off to Wigan as soon as Whelan offered him the deal I'd bear him no more ill will now than I did at the time.

You must just be an observer then. Clearly not a fan.

Roberto Martinez on 10:27 - Jun 30 with 1046 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 09:34 - Jun 30 by E20Jack

Certainly yes, I wouldn’t know how else to describe someone who can’t fathom that people are perfectly understanding of a manager who left a decade ago for a better job. To have your thoughts clouded a decade later due to such a frequent and normal event, to me suggests that is emotionally unstable.

Yes tou have, that’s because I do have a valid point. What you do on threads is put forward a point and when you feel you are losing grip on it you start making underhand comments and show exactly the same amount of belligerence as the person you are debating with yet accusing them of being autistic and egotistical because they don’t agree with you.

There is no opinion, I made a factual statement that if you are being intentionally biased then that is useless in a debate if accuracy is the goal. Which bit do you disagree with exactly? That is absolutely final, it’s fact. I also made the factual point that you can still be a passionate fan and not succumb to such playground mentality of intentional bias and lying to cover your true feelings.

he left a Championship club for a Premiership club. It happens all the time. So what is the difference? He said once that he wouldn’t leave? Similar to a player kissing the badge and making noises of his loyalty. So the question is, after reading what he said once and seeing players kissing the badge, do you think “phew, that’s our manager sorted then for the next 4 decades”.

You are just using his words to bash him and console yourself because there is no way a relatively and usually balanced individual like yourself believed he would stay forever.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2018 9:45]

Are you not understanding what I have written or are you deliberately misinterpreting it to suit your agenda? I’m sure it’s your ego, but I can’t tell if it’s conscious or subconscious.

Your first two paragraphs contradict each other again. Not once have I said I can’t fathom where you are coming from or that your point isn’t valid. Your second paragraph acknowledges that.

Of course there is opinion. That’s where the Sol Campbell comparison come in. If you are being completely rational and robotic, there is very little wrong in either scenario. when you bring human emotion into it, particularly in contentious examples like those two, it’s often going to be biased towards the club and against those perceived to have slighted it.

I didn’t think he’d stay forever. I genuinely did think he would have a good go at getting us to the Premier league. Naive? Probably. I’ll take solace in the fact that the vast majority of Jacks felt the same way.

And if you think it was a run of the mill move to a bigger club, I can only assume you weren’t living in Swansea at the time and totally underestimated the connection the fans had with him that they thought was reciprocated. Rodgers going to Liverpool didn’t cause half the resentment this did, because he was just a manager who had done unbelievably well for us. He never (successfully) tried to hoodwink us into thinking he was ‘one of us’.
Roberto Martinez on 10:44 - Jun 30 with 1032 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 10:27 - Jun 30 by jack247

Are you not understanding what I have written or are you deliberately misinterpreting it to suit your agenda? I’m sure it’s your ego, but I can’t tell if it’s conscious or subconscious.

Your first two paragraphs contradict each other again. Not once have I said I can’t fathom where you are coming from or that your point isn’t valid. Your second paragraph acknowledges that.

Of course there is opinion. That’s where the Sol Campbell comparison come in. If you are being completely rational and robotic, there is very little wrong in either scenario. when you bring human emotion into it, particularly in contentious examples like those two, it’s often going to be biased towards the club and against those perceived to have slighted it.

I didn’t think he’d stay forever. I genuinely did think he would have a good go at getting us to the Premier league. Naive? Probably. I’ll take solace in the fact that the vast majority of Jacks felt the same way.

And if you think it was a run of the mill move to a bigger club, I can only assume you weren’t living in Swansea at the time and totally underestimated the connection the fans had with him that they thought was reciprocated. Rodgers going to Liverpool didn’t cause half the resentment this did, because he was just a manager who had done unbelievably well for us. He never (successfully) tried to hoodwink us into thinking he was ‘one of us’.

Yep understanding exactly what you have written and have responded to each and every point pretty eloquently in the face of ever increasing passive aggressive barbs, for essentially stating facts. Agenda? Is stating facts an agenda then?

There is no “again”, I have not contradicted myself once, let alone “again”, misquoting me doesn’t constitute contradiction. My point has been pretty solid since post one. If accuracy is the goal of a debate (which it always should be by definition) then there is no place for intentional bias, lies or mistruths based on vendetta. My point then went on to combat the fact (yes fact) that you can be a fan and still have a rational viewpoint.

We aren’t talking about Sol Campbell, you brought in Sol Campbell when you realised that the point you were making was pretty weak. When asked to give a more suitable example of a manager leaving a Championship club to go to a Premier League club you told me you didn’t need an example (yet you mention Sol Campbell at every opportunity). Leaving a club is not “slighting” it. Every single manager we have ever had has left and every manager we ever will have will leave. Again, this is is fact.

How do you know the majority of Jacks felt as you did? I would say the vast majority absolutely did not believe he would stay forever. What constitutes “a good go” at getting to the Premier League then? Who decides what constitutes a good crack that would then enable him free of the shackles of his comment. He never once said he would stay only to have a crack at the Prem, so if you never believed his words - what are you so annoyed about?

No I didn’t live in Swansea at the time, but was at nearly every home and away game for the seasons he was with us so came into contact with him far more than your average Swansea fan or resident. Yes he was a popular manager but again, at no point did I or anyone I know think he would stay forever or took his words as gospel, nor did we believe Lee Trundle would not leave despite kissing the badge and claiming his “jackness” at every opportunity - didn’t mean he wasn’t one of us, same goes for Leon Britton who left, Joe Allen who left, Ben Davies who left... and every single other player that left.

Yet Martinez wasn’t allowed because he made a comment that nobody, even yourself believed. It’s just bizarre.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2018 10:59]

Login to get fewer ads

Roberto Martinez on 12:29 - Jun 30 with 1016 viewsjack247

Roberto Martinez on 10:44 - Jun 30 by E20Jack

Yep understanding exactly what you have written and have responded to each and every point pretty eloquently in the face of ever increasing passive aggressive barbs, for essentially stating facts. Agenda? Is stating facts an agenda then?

There is no “again”, I have not contradicted myself once, let alone “again”, misquoting me doesn’t constitute contradiction. My point has been pretty solid since post one. If accuracy is the goal of a debate (which it always should be by definition) then there is no place for intentional bias, lies or mistruths based on vendetta. My point then went on to combat the fact (yes fact) that you can be a fan and still have a rational viewpoint.

We aren’t talking about Sol Campbell, you brought in Sol Campbell when you realised that the point you were making was pretty weak. When asked to give a more suitable example of a manager leaving a Championship club to go to a Premier League club you told me you didn’t need an example (yet you mention Sol Campbell at every opportunity). Leaving a club is not “slighting” it. Every single manager we have ever had has left and every manager we ever will have will leave. Again, this is is fact.

How do you know the majority of Jacks felt as you did? I would say the vast majority absolutely did not believe he would stay forever. What constitutes “a good go” at getting to the Premier League then? Who decides what constitutes a good crack that would then enable him free of the shackles of his comment. He never once said he would stay only to have a crack at the Prem, so if you never believed his words - what are you so annoyed about?

No I didn’t live in Swansea at the time, but was at nearly every home and away game for the seasons he was with us so came into contact with him far more than your average Swansea fan or resident. Yes he was a popular manager but again, at no point did I or anyone I know think he would stay forever or took his words as gospel, nor did we believe Lee Trundle would not leave despite kissing the badge and claiming his “jackness” at every opportunity - didn’t mean he wasn’t one of us, same goes for Leon Britton who left, Joe Allen who left, Ben Davies who left... and every single other player that left.

Yet Martinez wasn’t allowed because he made a comment that nobody, even yourself believed. It’s just bizarre.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2018 10:59]

You’ve responded eloquently but have either misunderstood a lot of what I have said or chosen to ignore it.

Passive aggressive barbs? I’ve said a lot of your threads go this way, you have an autistic approach to debate, you find it hard to accept other views may also be valid/think your opinion is final and have only been able to look at this from an emotionless viewpoint, as if Martinez was just any other manager changing jobs. Absolutely they are barbs, I’d say they are fairly direct though.

You contradicted yourself this morning when in one paragraph you stated I was incapable of understanding your rational viewpoint and acknowledged I had in the next. You’ve also called me both emotionally unstable and balanced. You’ve also really struggled with the fact that if you take the irrational bias so commonly found in football fans, out of the equation, both examples were just people leaving their jobs for better ones.
Roberto Martinez on 21:58 - Jun 30 with 967 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 12:29 - Jun 30 by jack247

You’ve responded eloquently but have either misunderstood a lot of what I have said or chosen to ignore it.

Passive aggressive barbs? I’ve said a lot of your threads go this way, you have an autistic approach to debate, you find it hard to accept other views may also be valid/think your opinion is final and have only been able to look at this from an emotionless viewpoint, as if Martinez was just any other manager changing jobs. Absolutely they are barbs, I’d say they are fairly direct though.

You contradicted yourself this morning when in one paragraph you stated I was incapable of understanding your rational viewpoint and acknowledged I had in the next. You’ve also called me both emotionally unstable and balanced. You’ve also really struggled with the fact that if you take the irrational bias so commonly found in football fans, out of the equation, both examples were just people leaving their jobs for better ones.

Saying I have misunderstood because I disagree with you, saying I am autistic because I disagree with you, saying I am egotistical because I disagree with you, saying I am an observer and not a fan because I disagree with you - these are passive aggressive barbs, and ironically is exactly how you could describe “an autistic way to debate”.

Why do I have to think you have a valid point in order to not fall foul of the above? Am I not allowed to disagree and think you are talking rubbish? Or because you have told me I have a valid point (I don’t have any point btw, I am stating facts) I have to respond in kind and lie? Not happening. Make a point I agree with and I will agree, as of yet you are still to do that.

Where did I say you were incapable of understanding my view? I repeat, this isn’t a view - this is fact. I did not call you emotionally unstable, this is probably your autistic approach to debate. What I said was, if you cannot make an accurate assessment of a situation 10 years after the fact which is a club to club transfer that happens all the time - then you are emotionally unstable. I didn’t call you it; although if you feel that applies to you then you make the judgement as to whether you fall foul of it.

Now the only person who has been talking about taking emotion out of the game is yourself, I have said nothing of the sort - in fact stated quite clearly the opposite - you have either refused to read it or ignored it and carried on as it kills any semblance of what you are trying to say dead in it's tracks.

All I have said is that you can have emotion and still have the ability to think rationally in normal situations. You are completely unable to give a like for like example of what we are talking about because you know it is a normal situation - hence why you talk about Sol Campbell, the most extreme player transfer possibly of all time and nothing similar to the topic, if similarities is what you were after you would choose a manager leaving a Championship club for the Premier League after giving it great service.

I think you just like to argue. Whenever there is a 15+ pager and it is not my common sense and fact based posts that have someone all excited, or Shakys copy and pastes - it’s usually you arguing black is blue. So I will state my point (facts) clearly for you once again to avoid any round about confusion.

1) having intentional bias, lying and skewed balance is absolutely not okay in a debate where accuracy is the goal (which it should be in any debate by definition).

2) you can be a fan and you can have emotion - yet still have the ability to see situations as they are and be completely honest about them. The Arsenal youtube chanel is a prime example of such raw emotion ad yet manifesting itself in truth and honesty.

Now these two points is what you are arguing against, I have said nothing more than the above. They are facts 247, not opinion. You may not like them, because you may feel it reflects badly on your own emotional state regarding this situation, but they are facts all the same.

Now label your responses 1) and 2) so nobody can be accused of missing any points when they think something isn’t going their way and we can start again, this time I suggest you cut out your passive aggressive ''autistic approach'' as it isn’t helping your view or the debate.

Over to you.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 4:19]

Roberto Martinez on 22:03 - Jun 30 with 964 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Roberto

Probably a legend for me

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Roberto Martinez on 22:05 - Jun 30 with 960 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 22:03 - Jun 30 by oh_tommy_tommy

Roberto

Probably a legend for me

You are probably an observer then and not a fan.

But yes, I would find it hard to disagree.

Roberto Martinez on 07:19 - Jul 1 with 901 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Roberto Martinez on 21:58 - Jun 30 by E20Jack

Saying I have misunderstood because I disagree with you, saying I am autistic because I disagree with you, saying I am egotistical because I disagree with you, saying I am an observer and not a fan because I disagree with you - these are passive aggressive barbs, and ironically is exactly how you could describe “an autistic way to debate”.

Why do I have to think you have a valid point in order to not fall foul of the above? Am I not allowed to disagree and think you are talking rubbish? Or because you have told me I have a valid point (I don’t have any point btw, I am stating facts) I have to respond in kind and lie? Not happening. Make a point I agree with and I will agree, as of yet you are still to do that.

Where did I say you were incapable of understanding my view? I repeat, this isn’t a view - this is fact. I did not call you emotionally unstable, this is probably your autistic approach to debate. What I said was, if you cannot make an accurate assessment of a situation 10 years after the fact which is a club to club transfer that happens all the time - then you are emotionally unstable. I didn’t call you it; although if you feel that applies to you then you make the judgement as to whether you fall foul of it.

Now the only person who has been talking about taking emotion out of the game is yourself, I have said nothing of the sort - in fact stated quite clearly the opposite - you have either refused to read it or ignored it and carried on as it kills any semblance of what you are trying to say dead in it's tracks.

All I have said is that you can have emotion and still have the ability to think rationally in normal situations. You are completely unable to give a like for like example of what we are talking about because you know it is a normal situation - hence why you talk about Sol Campbell, the most extreme player transfer possibly of all time and nothing similar to the topic, if similarities is what you were after you would choose a manager leaving a Championship club for the Premier League after giving it great service.

I think you just like to argue. Whenever there is a 15+ pager and it is not my common sense and fact based posts that have someone all excited, or Shakys copy and pastes - it’s usually you arguing black is blue. So I will state my point (facts) clearly for you once again to avoid any round about confusion.

1) having intentional bias, lying and skewed balance is absolutely not okay in a debate where accuracy is the goal (which it should be in any debate by definition).

2) you can be a fan and you can have emotion - yet still have the ability to see situations as they are and be completely honest about them. The Arsenal youtube chanel is a prime example of such raw emotion ad yet manifesting itself in truth and honesty.

Now these two points is what you are arguing against, I have said nothing more than the above. They are facts 247, not opinion. You may not like them, because you may feel it reflects badly on your own emotional state regarding this situation, but they are facts all the same.

Now label your responses 1) and 2) so nobody can be accused of missing any points when they think something isn’t going their way and we can start again, this time I suggest you cut out your passive aggressive ''autistic approach'' as it isn’t helping your view or the debate.

Over to you.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 4:19]

That's not a very nice thing to say. Emotionally unstable? Thats quite nasty. The poster you're labeling is one of the more objective ones on here. Why the insults?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Roberto Martinez on 07:29 - Jul 1 with 896 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 07:19 - Jul 1 by Brynmill_Jack

That's not a very nice thing to say. Emotionally unstable? Thats quite nasty. The poster you're labeling is one of the more objective ones on here. Why the insults?

I said if you feel you can’t be honest about a run of the mill transfer, or even one in which they said they would like to stay - 10 years later, then that is emotionally unstable. You are letting your emotions cloud your judgement. I have not accused anyone of emotional instability, why you are accusing him of it only you can answer.

Although if you believe that then by that very notion, he cannot be the most objective on here as we have understood that those that are emotionally unstable see it as fine to lie, stretch the truth, be intentionally biased on such topics - that isn’t balance or objectivity.

Is it? You tell me.

Roberto Martinez on 08:27 - Jul 1 with 876 viewsWhiterockin

Roberto Martinez on 07:29 - Jul 1 by E20Jack

I said if you feel you can’t be honest about a run of the mill transfer, or even one in which they said they would like to stay - 10 years later, then that is emotionally unstable. You are letting your emotions cloud your judgement. I have not accused anyone of emotional instability, why you are accusing him of it only you can answer.

Although if you believe that then by that very notion, he cannot be the most objective on here as we have understood that those that are emotionally unstable see it as fine to lie, stretch the truth, be intentionally biased on such topics - that isn’t balance or objectivity.

Is it? You tell me.

E20Jack.
Why do you hijack every thread with personal attacks on posters. If you believe your arguments are valid argue the points, this is what a forum is for. Not to personally attack and try to belittle fellow posters, you are just spoiling it for others.
Roberto Martinez on 08:46 - Jul 1 with 862 viewsthornabyswan

Roberto Martinez on 08:27 - Jul 1 by Whiterockin

E20Jack.
Why do you hijack every thread with personal attacks on posters. If you believe your arguments are valid argue the points, this is what a forum is for. Not to personally attack and try to belittle fellow posters, you are just spoiling it for others.

Sometimes there is no right or wrong answer.
But yes to call someone emotionally unstable because they have a different opinion would suggest to me that the person chucking out insults has the problem.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Roberto Martinez on 08:46 - Jul 1 with 861 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 08:27 - Jul 1 by Whiterockin

E20Jack.

Where have I attacked anyone personally? I am the most unabusive poster on here, keep up at the back. Just because a regular troll decided it would be amusing to say I did, doesn’t actually mean I did.

Can you find me a single sentence that is a personal attack? No? Didn’t think so.

And where have I hijacked any threads?

Just because I state simple facts that some don’t like and as a result people try to defend their position by asking me questions to try and find any chunk of light they can attack - if I respond it doesn’t mean I have hijacked it, does it?

Or is it only correct views are not allowed and thus constitute “hijacking”? Those that are based on hyperbole and bias are more than welcome however? Right?

Come on, don’t be shy - you tell me.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 9:05]

Roberto Martinez on 08:50 - Jul 1 with 854 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 08:46 - Jul 1 by thornabyswan

Sometimes there is no right or wrong answer.
But yes to call someone emotionally unstable because they have a different opinion would suggest to me that the person chucking out insults has the problem.

Where did I call anyone emotionally unstable? I said if your emotions do not allow you to be honest about a situation 10 years after the fact then you are emotionally unstable by definition. I didn’t accuse anyone of that however.

Although now we are on the subject, does your view also extend to calling someone autistic, not a fan and egotistical because they won’t say someone has a valid point when you don’t feel they do?

Or does that only count for the usual people you tend to chirp in against?

It’s funny that the usual suspects get so frustrated whenever I post facts that cannot be combatted that they have to create their own argument and make up a complete phantom one in order to try and chime in with anything. It is batted away easier than a weak argument however. Be my guest to try and follow this up with sense, I won’t hold my breath.

You are being awfuly silly.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 8:53]

Roberto Martinez on 09:33 - Jul 1 with 816 viewsnantywatcher

Mr M now being talked about as next manager for Spain (still nowhere good enough to return here, according to many, )
Roberto Martinez on 09:39 - Jul 1 with 804 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 09:33 - Jul 1 by nantywatcher

Mr M now being talked about as next manager for Spain (still nowhere good enough to return here, according to many, )

The Spanish people must be observers and not football fans, how can they even consider appointing someone who did the despicable act of leaving a football club he did so much for in order to manage in the Premier League?

Roberto Martinez on 09:59 - Jul 1 with 794 viewsthornabyswan

Roberto Martinez on 08:50 - Jul 1 by E20Jack

Where did I call anyone emotionally unstable? I said if your emotions do not allow you to be honest about a situation 10 years after the fact then you are emotionally unstable by definition. I didn’t accuse anyone of that however.

Although now we are on the subject, does your view also extend to calling someone autistic, not a fan and egotistical because they won’t say someone has a valid point when you don’t feel they do?

Or does that only count for the usual people you tend to chirp in against?

It’s funny that the usual suspects get so frustrated whenever I post facts that cannot be combatted that they have to create their own argument and make up a complete phantom one in order to try and chime in with anything. It is batted away easier than a weak argument however. Be my guest to try and follow this up with sense, I won’t hold my breath.

You are being awfuly silly.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 8:53]

Yes calling someone autistic or egotistical is not right either but I am guessing that came after the emotionally unstable jibe.
Can't be arsed to trawl through the thread again.
As regards your comment about me chirping in against the usual people.
I would suggest you are mixing me up with someone else I have no agenda against anyone on here.
Apology accepted but I won't hold my breath.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Roberto Martinez on 10:04 - Jul 1 with 793 viewsthornabyswan

Roberto Martinez on 09:39 - Jul 1 by E20Jack

The Spanish people must be observers and not football fans, how can they even consider appointing someone who did the despicable act of leaving a football club he did so much for in order to manage in the Premier League?

Why would Spain want to appoint a manager who had failed at Wigan yes I know they won the FA Cup and Everton.
He is very fortunate to have the Belgium job by the way his hype can fool many but not all.

Roberto Martinez on 10:18 - Jul 1 with 776 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 09:59 - Jul 1 by thornabyswan

Yes calling someone autistic or egotistical is not right either but I am guessing that came after the emotionally unstable jibe.
Can't be arsed to trawl through the thread again.
As regards your comment about me chirping in against the usual people.
I would suggest you are mixing me up with someone else I have no agenda against anyone on here.
Apology accepted but I won't hold my breath.

I didn’t come after it, simply because there was no jibe.

I said (paraphrasing so feel free to look for my actual word for word quote)

“If you admit to not being able to debate a situation truthfully, hold bias and feel forced to lie due to the emotion caused by someone leaving a club 10 years ago - then that constitutes being emotionally unstable”.

That is not a jibe.

The fact you are happy to dish out a judgement without even bothering to see if what you are saying is accurate tells me all I need to know about your motives whether you admit them or not.

But I will accept your apology for wrongly accusing me in advance of you checking.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 10:22]

Roberto Martinez on 10:20 - Jul 1 with 771 viewsE20Jack

Roberto Martinez on 10:04 - Jul 1 by thornabyswan

Why would Spain want to appoint a manager who had failed at Wigan yes I know they won the FA Cup and Everton.
He is very fortunate to have the Belgium job by the way his hype can fool many but not all.

The same reason why people want Laudrup back even after he failed here - yes he won he Carling Cup but he was very lucky to get that middle eastern job, but his type can fool many but not all.

(It can be easily said about anyone)

Roberto Martinez on 11:48 - Jul 1 with 736 viewsPrivate_Partz

Roberto Martinez on 10:20 - Jul 1 by E20Jack

The same reason why people want Laudrup back even after he failed here - yes he won he Carling Cup but he was very lucky to get that middle eastern job, but his type can fool many but not all.

(It can be easily said about anyone)

ML did not fail. We had a dip on form due to a whole host of reasons. The same with FG to a lesser extent.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024