Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? 18:59 - Jun 29 with 9670 viewsDarran

I had an interesting conversation with ‘someone’ down Castellamare earlier.

A lot of us have seen John van Swedehead on Twitter saying he was lied to as well as the fans a few times and it came up in conversation earlier that Dineen and Jenkins were also lied to. Apparently the Yanks told them that nothing would change if they sold but loads has changed behind the scenes. Apparently Jenkins and Dineen were completely flummoxed when the Yanks brought in Pearlman to run the commercial department,the commercial department which has now employed more people in the last couple of years than it has in the last couple of decades.

Also Dineen and Jenkins were kept on to advise through the transitional period but no fuçker listens to them,an example of this and I’ve heard it off a few people over the last year and The Res has posted it a few times is the Gylfi transfer,Jenkins wanted it to go through weeks before it did to give us more of a chance to bring in players but Kaplan was having none of it.

Another thing too is that apparently Pearlman has virtually no contacts in the UK and as I mentioned a couple of weeks ago we had no front of shirt sponsor lined up,that was untill luckily Dineen stepped in and got the shirt sponsor to save the head of the commercial department that earns £15k a week from starting the season with a blank shirt.

Just passing on what I’ve been told.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 20:57 - Jun 29 with 1662 viewsDarran

Another thing I was told too was that Jenkins DID have a relegation clause in his contract.

Poor lad.

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 21:07 - Jun 29 with 1639 viewspeenemunde

I still can’t see what the fuss is about ?.
Take the sentimentality out of the equation and what are we left with ?, businessmen selling shares in a business that they owned.

If I was one of them and received the abuse they had received, my response would have been 🖕
Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 21:09 - Jun 29 with 1632 viewsjack2jack

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 20:57 - Jun 29 by Darran

Another thing I was told too was that Jenkins DID have a relegation clause in his contract.

Poor lad.

Just WTF!
Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 21:10 - Jun 29 with 1629 viewsmagicdaps10

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 21:07 - Jun 29 by peenemunde

I still can’t see what the fuss is about ?.
Take the sentimentality out of the equation and what are we left with ?, businessmen selling shares in a business that they owned.

If I was one of them and received the abuse they had received, my response would have been 🖕

I have more principles than that, I would let it eat away at me given how wrong it was.

If that us your attitude on it, it stinks.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 21:14 - Jun 29 with 1614 viewspeenemunde

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 21:10 - Jun 29 by magicdaps10

I have more principles than that, I would let it eat away at me given how wrong it was.

If that us your attitude on it, it stinks.

So if you had invested £50,000 back in 2002 and someone then years later offered you £7 million, you’d have refused to sell on the basis of principles ?

Yeah of course you would.
Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 21:24 - Jun 29 with 1592 viewsDarran

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 21:14 - Jun 29 by peenemunde

So if you had invested £50,000 back in 2002 and someone then years later offered you £7 million, you’d have refused to sell on the basis of principles ?

They had made their money back several times over mind.

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 21:29 - Jun 29 with 1580 viewsPozuelosSideys

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 19:04 - Jun 29 by sainthelens

Even if that had a modicum of truth Daz...proper due dillegence wasn't carried out by them.

This, this, a million times this.

Even if they had done zero due dilligence, all they had to do is look across the pond (like a number of people on here did) via google, and it would have screamed what theses people were like in their ventures at DC United and the Timberwolves

Hell, even fans of those teams came on here and posted what they were like and what they would do.

Fck Jenkins. Fck Dineen. Fck the Clog. Fck the lot of them. Just bore off with your cash and sit in the sun in Spain. Plebs.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 21:30 - Jun 29 with 1573 viewsmagicdaps10

Its not quite as clear and simple as that though, to view it like that and eradicate everything around it with the attitude of giving the bird is morally incorrect.

I am all for people making money, honestly and faithfully but to do so without a care on how it implements to others and especially something you love so much, sorry but it is absolutely sickening what they done.

Login to get fewer ads

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 21:35 - Jun 29 with 1556 viewsmagicdaps10

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 21:29 - Jun 29 by PozuelosSideys

This, this, a million times this.

Even if they had done zero due dilligence, all they had to do is look across the pond (like a number of people on here did) via google, and it would have screamed what theses people were like in their ventures at DC United and the Timberwolves

Hell, even fans of those teams came on here and posted what they were like and what they would do.

Fck Jenkins. Fck Dineen. Fck the Clog. Fck the lot of them. Just bore off with your cash and sit in the sun in Spain. Plebs.

This is what they need to do.

Its not their club anymore, the club that gave them so many memories and happy times....that is now gone after their greed took over.

All they have now is a massive bank account and their lives broken, broken because they let the money lead them.

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 21:37 - Jun 29 with 1546 viewslonglostjack

No. I’d have done it properly, been satisfied with a million and would have kept my good name.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2018 21:39]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 21:42 - Jun 29 with 1522 viewsWarwickHunt

Confirmation, if it were needed, that Dineen and Jenkins are a pair of thick, greedy cûnts.

The Yanks must have thought they’d landed in Bumpkin Central.
Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 21:46 - Jun 29 with 1513 viewsjack2jack

Premier league+billions of £ × greed=football as we knew it fvcked.
Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 21:49 - Jun 29 with 1505 viewslonglostjack

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 20:55 - Jun 29 by TNT

So why don't they get the Trust and whole fanbase on board to oust the yanks, and go again. If they're not bothered about being lied to, then I'd rather not hear it.

They can’t though can they TNT? They’re worried about being out of pocket after a court case. Kents.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2018 21:49]

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 22:00 - Jun 29 with 1474 viewsScotia

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 20:42 - Jun 29 by longlostjack

Serious question. What has Pearlman actually achieved ?

A fatter personal bank account.
Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 22:16 - Jun 29 with 1444 viewsQJumpingJack

It seems that the former shareholders may be beginning "to turn" on the Americans.

Maybe this is down to the fact that Jason Levien admitted in public at the Trust forum that they were instructed to keep the Trust out of discussions. One of the biggest PR own goals in recent times and must surely work in favour of the Trust and its members. If you were the selling shareholders you would be furious by his comments especially if legal action takes place.
Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 22:24 - Jun 29 with 1427 viewsQJumpingJack

And there is no way the commercial director can earn £15k a week/£60k a month? That must be a mistake.
Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 22:40 - Jun 29 with 1400 viewsBadlands

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 20:42 - Jun 29 by longlostjack

Serious question. What has Pearlman actually achieved ?

Shirt sleeve sponsorship with Barracuda was a bit of a coup
Shorts sponsorship
Early end of of dirt cheap sponsorship by Beteast and improved Letou deal
Agreed take over o Liberty lease (ay or may to work out but he did it)
Town centre club shop
Blamed for streamlining ticket sales by those who had been avoiding booking fees but generally well accepted otherwise. Far fewer cock up last season.
Maintaining beneficial arrangements for away games
Increasing links with the local community was a hard ask as they were already very good but the development of LCV partnership is profitable and local.
Increased interest in USA
Brought the electronic system into the 21st century
Still waiting to hear about stadium naming rights (Audi or VW) but apparently it about which name.
Relegation will have given his role a different focus.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 22:53 - Jun 29 with 1382 viewslonglostjack

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 22:40 - Jun 29 by Badlands

Shirt sleeve sponsorship with Barracuda was a bit of a coup
Shorts sponsorship
Early end of of dirt cheap sponsorship by Beteast and improved Letou deal
Agreed take over o Liberty lease (ay or may to work out but he did it)
Town centre club shop
Blamed for streamlining ticket sales by those who had been avoiding booking fees but generally well accepted otherwise. Far fewer cock up last season.
Maintaining beneficial arrangements for away games
Increasing links with the local community was a hard ask as they were already very good but the development of LCV partnership is profitable and local.
Increased interest in USA
Brought the electronic system into the 21st century
Still waiting to hear about stadium naming rights (Audi or VW) but apparently it about which name.
Relegation will have given his role a different focus.

And a different bloody salary given the fact that we’re relegated. VW or Audi naming rights? Hopefully the figures will be published if or when it goes through and it more than covers the rent. Put me down as cynical. Would loved to be proved wrong.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2018 22:57]

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 23:33 - Jun 29 with 1327 viewsnevnahmun

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 19:49 - Jun 29 by Wingstandwood

Aye, and the Yanks fell for the mythical JTAK propaganda sell-off promotional DVD. The way they have allowed the continued presence of Jenkins and Dineen shows what complete and utter mugs they are.

I bet they think the only chance the club has of regaining its PL status is if those two 'impostors' are still at SCFC.

It's black comedy surrealism!

the yanks are keeping J and D in to keep the heat off them. They have the money but they are only interested in their US teams - Rooney to DC United and a brand new stadium for the worst team in the MLS.

Jenkins cant be moved because he knows where the bodies are buried. He wont move himself because he's getting too rich and fat off the club. And it suits the yanks on all fronts because we only moan about him and they stay out of the flack themselves. I dont see anything for this season in terms of real investment and Potter's hands will be tied.

Sorry - but its shite all round
Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 23:39 - Jun 29 with 1309 viewsYossarian

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 20:39 - Jun 29 by Phil_S

This is the new one to try and get people back on side. Of course they were lied to but they were lied to because they were blinded by the £ms on offer and failed to do any due diligence on what was right for Swansea City.

And that is their legacy

This- in a nutshell

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 23:43 - Jun 29 with 1300 viewslonglostjack

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 23:33 - Jun 29 by nevnahmun

the yanks are keeping J and D in to keep the heat off them. They have the money but they are only interested in their US teams - Rooney to DC United and a brand new stadium for the worst team in the MLS.

Jenkins cant be moved because he knows where the bodies are buried. He wont move himself because he's getting too rich and fat off the club. And it suits the yanks on all fronts because we only moan about him and they stay out of the flack themselves. I dont see anything for this season in terms of real investment and Potter's hands will be tied.

Sorry - but its shite all round

Top post.

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 23:43 - Jun 29 with 1300 viewsJonathans_coat

Q. Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks?
A. Yes, probably

Q. Were the Yanks lied to by the Sellers?
A. Almost certainly

Q. Were the fans (& trust) lied to by the sellers?
A. Absolutely

Q. Should we have any sympathy for the sellers?
A. None. Poor dabs, crying all the way to the bank.......................the disingenuous lizards.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2018 23:46]
Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 23:51 - Jun 29 with 1284 viewspeenemunde

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 20:39 - Jun 29 by Phil_S

This is the new one to try and get people back on side. Of course they were lied to but they were lied to because they were blinded by the £ms on offer and failed to do any due diligence on what was right for Swansea City.

And that is their legacy

Hang on a minute, you talk about due diligence but why wasn’t due diligence carried out in regards to the trust director at the time receiving thousands of £’s from the club, on your watch ?.
Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 00:12 - Jun 30 with 1258 viewsDarran

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 23:51 - Jun 29 by peenemunde

Hang on a minute, you talk about due diligence but why wasn’t due diligence carried out in regards to the trust director at the time receiving thousands of £’s from the club, on your watch ?.

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 00:16 - Jun 30 with 1254 viewsswan65split

Were the sellers lied to by the Yanks? on 19:15 - Jun 29 by AguycalledJack

Still doesn’t explain the way in which the club was sold. They are all liars.

Money the root of all evil.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024