Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales Air Show 2018 09:38 - Jun 30 with 4276 viewsJackfath

Beautiful weather.

Absolutely zero mention on BBC Wales news. Staggering.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Wales Air Show 2018 on 20:30 - Jun 30 with 1691 viewsairedale

Wales Air Show 2018 on 20:21 - Jun 30 by TheFranchise

We're having to rename the Eurofighter once we leave the EU. It's be called the Buffoon.

It's a phenomenal machine, the F35 once it's in service with us will be too.

Is the F35 a stealth jobby? The man on the tannoy mentioned something about a new plane arriving soon today.
Wales Air Show 2018 on 20:32 - Jun 30 with 1688 viewsSkettyJack

Wales Air Show 2018 on 20:25 - Jun 30 by Darran

You don’t have to stay all day though it depends how long you’re away from your car doesn’t it?

Yea it's cheaper if you don't stay all day, technically you could have stayed in the rec all day for 18 quid, alternatively you could have stayed for an hour for the same cost.

The council wanted to push people to the Park and Rides, hopefully there were enough buses for them.

Cracking day again. Great event and cost absolutely nothing for an entry fee.

Good.to see the Swans down there. 1st time ever??
Wales Air Show 2018 on 20:36 - Jun 30 with 1677 viewsJackfath

Wales Air Show 2018 on 20:30 - Jun 30 by airedale

Is the F35 a stealth jobby? The man on the tannoy mentioned something about a new plane arriving soon today.

Was it rammed around the 360 cafe?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Wales Air Show 2018 on 20:46 - Jun 30 with 1649 viewsTheFranchise

Wales Air Show 2018 on 20:30 - Jun 30 by airedale

Yeah single engine small stealth, multi role fighter. We're getting the F35B which can lift off and land vertically like the harrier used to.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44392148
[Post edited 30 Jun 2018 20:47]
Wales Air Show 2018 on 20:50 - Jun 30 with 1638 viewsairedale

Wales Air Show 2018 on 20:36 - Jun 30 by Jackfath

Was it rammed around the 360 cafe?

Yes it was. But it was busy everywhere we went as well. Plenty of trees by that caff too, good for a shade break. Tesco was rammed too and the boozer with the Thai woman. That pub had a mini bar on the pavement.
Wales Air Show 2018 on 20:57 - Jun 30 with 1630 viewsNeath_Jack

Wales Air Show 2018 on 20:24 - Jun 30 by SkettyJack

St David's, John Lewis, Greyfriars Road. Car parks closest to the action are all ridiculous.

Not defending it, prices are scandalous

(Guess the difference is the Cardiff ones are privately owned)
[Post edited 30 Jun 2018 20:25]

£6 to park all day in Blues stadium.
£16 to park for 24 hours on Westgate st NCP or if you're there before 9am it's £7 for the day.
£14 to park for 24 houra in Adams St.

Been in all these recently, all bang in the middle of Cardiff.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wales Air Show 2018 on 20:59 - Jun 30 with 1621 viewsDarran

Wales Air Show 2018 on 20:57 - Jun 30 by Neath_Jack

£16 to park for 24 hours on Westgate st NCP or if you're there before 9am it's £7 for the day.

Very well said.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wales Air Show 2018 on 21:10 - Jun 30 with 1596 viewsSwanjaxs

Wales Air Show 2018 on 20:57 - Jun 30 by Neath_Jack

Really.... parked in the NCP in Westgate St for the Stereophonics concert and paid £23.50 for 24 hours 🤔

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Wales Air Show 2018 on 21:35 - Jun 30 with 1553 viewsNeath_Jack

Wales Air Show 2018 on 21:10 - Jun 30 by Swanjaxs

Really.... parked in the NCP in Westgate St for the Stereophonics concert and paid £23.50 for 24 hours 🤔

Are you talking about the car park just off Westgate, where you turn left after Tiny Rebel pub. The one i'm on about is on Westagte st, next door to the Principality stadium. I've used it every week for the past 8 weeks and it's £16 for 24 hours.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Wales Air Show 2018 on 21:41 - Jun 30 with 1537 viewsSwanjaxs

Wales Air Show 2018 on 21:35 - Jun 30 by Neath_Jack

Are you talking about the car park just off Westgate, where you turn left after Tiny Rebel pub. The one i'm on about is on Westagte st, next door to the Principality stadium. I've used it every week for the past 8 weeks and it's £16 for 24 hours.

Not 100% sure mate, but was Westgate St NCP (have it on my mobile banking app)

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Wales Air Show 2018 on 21:47 - Jun 30 with 1527 viewsNeath_Jack

Wales Air Show 2018 on 21:41 - Jun 30 by Swanjaxs

Not 100% sure mate, but was Westgate St NCP (have it on my mobile banking app)

The one I'm on about is called Cardiff Stadium NCP, but it is on Westgate St, you must have been in the other one on the opposite side. Big difference in price for the sake of 20 yards!

Wales Air Show 2018 on 22:03 - Jun 30 with 1502 viewsSwanjaxs

Wales Air Show 2018 on 21:47 - Jun 30 by Neath_Jack

The one I'm on about is called Cardiff Stadium NCP, but it is on Westgate St, you must have been in the other one on the opposite side. Big difference in price for the sake of 20 yards!

Indeed, glad i only venture into the dark side once in a blue moon 😂 phonics were good though, well until the end of the gig when they held a scum shirt up at the front of the stage just to appease the locals... #cùnts

Wales Air Show 2018 on 22:18 - Jun 30 with 1480 viewswestside

http://www.walesnationalairshow.com/information/parking/

£5 at sketty lane and Ashleigh road
Wales Air Show 2018 on 23:51 - Jun 30 with 1408 viewsPacemaker

I was down there today for a charity fundraising event and the people of Swansea could not have been more generous or friendly. Great show, fantastic location.

Rode down on my bike so Parking was extremely close and free.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Wales Air Show 2018 on 08:07 - Jul 1 with 1300 viewsymaohyd

Wales Air Show 2018 on 12:40 - Jun 30 by Jackfath

One wonders why elected officials aren’t asking the questions in the right forums as to why this is the case. Same goes for our elected councillors; they should be repeatedly and collectively hammering the bbc and its reporters asking them why they’re not reporting it.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2018 12:40]

This x 1000

WTF is going in Wales

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Wales Air Show 2018 on 08:18 - Jul 1 with 1290 viewsymaohyd

Wales Air Show 2018 on 08:07 - Jul 1 by ymaohyd

This x 1000

WTF is going in Wales

Out of curiosity, just looked on Welsh section of BBC news and the headline is about sewerage systems and the items that get flushed. Of course the sewerage system in question is in Cardiff, so the reporter doesn't have to travel too far.

The biggest spectator event of the year and they talk about sewerage, not a mention of the airshow, un fuc king believable!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Wales Air Show 2018 on 08:48 - Jul 1 with 1268 viewsBrynCartwright

Wales Air Show 2018 on 08:18 - Jul 1 by ymaohyd

Out of curiosity, just looked on Welsh section of BBC news and the headline is about sewerage systems and the items that get flushed. Of course the sewerage system in question is in Cardiff, so the reporter doesn't have to travel too far.

The biggest spectator event of the year and they talk about sewerage, not a mention of the airshow, un fuc king believable!

A piece on the Airshow is included in the South West section of the Welsh section of the BBC News website, but instead of focusing on what a great, free occasion it is with the resulting boost in businesses in the area, it's slant is how the event negatively impacts traffic flows because of road closures.

This bias against anything not relating to Cardiff is getting on my tits now.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Wales Air Show 2018 on 08:51 - Jul 1 with 1264 viewsJackfath

The park and ride sites on Fabian way and Landore are not open today for the Airshow.

[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 8:55]

Wales Air Show 2018 on 08:53 - Jul 1 with 1261 viewswestside

It's normally free parking on Sundays in Swansea
Wales Air Show 2018 on 09:27 - Jul 1 with 1236 viewsNeath_Jack

Wales Air Show 2018 on 08:18 - Jul 1 by ymaohyd

What a load of shite.

Wales Air Show 2018 on 09:28 - Jul 1 with 1235 viewsNeath_Jack

Wales Air Show 2018 on 08:51 - Jul 1 by Jackfath

The park and ride sites on Fabian way and Landore are not open today for the Airshow.

[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 8:55]

This is an example of why Swansea is so far behind Cardiff.

Unreal 🙈

Wales Air Show 2018 on 09:30 - Jul 1 with 1232 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wales Air Show 2018 on 20:09 - Jun 30 by SkettyJack

Enough people paid it to make the traffic a pain in the area

To park all day in Cardiff City centre is £25 just to compare

And the event is free.
I paid £14 to park for three hours in Cardiff (the own air car park just down from Charles street not far from the motor point arena) on a Sunday afternoon just over a month ago.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wales Air Show 2018 on 10:07 - Jul 1 with 1189 viewsjack_lord

Wales Air Show 2018 on 20:22 - Jun 30 by Jackfath

Greyfriars NCP.

I parked there a couple of days ago (it's OK, I claim it back) just because I didn't want to walk too far and had to park on the roof it was so full. £4 an hour and it is a shtole.

We had an awesome view of the show as were on the boat and have to say the eurofighter was awesome, I enjoyed the classic planes as the noise of those engines is great.

The red arrows are over rated ;)

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Wales Air Show 2018 on 11:08 - Jul 1 with 1140 viewsairedale

Wales Air Show 2018 on 10:07 - Jul 1 by jack_lord

I parked there a couple of days ago (it's OK, I claim it back) just because I didn't want to walk too far and had to park on the roof it was so full. £4 an hour and it is a shtole.

We had an awesome view of the show as were on the boat and have to say the eurofighter was awesome, I enjoyed the classic planes as the noise of those engines is great.

The red arrows are over rated ;)

You’re right about the Red Arrows. I was looking at them yesterday and thinking to myself that me and some of my mates from the pub, assuming we could source some reasonably priced small jets, could knock up a far more impressive display given a bit of time. Say six months or so.

I was thinking we could do those passes for instance, within three to five feet of each other. No problem.

Oh, while we’re at it, I could do a better job of running that Bayswater pub too. What a shower in there.
Wales Air Show 2018 on 21:36 - Jul 1 with 973 viewsjack2jack

Wales Air Show 2018 on 09:28 - Jul 1 by Neath_Jack

This is an example of why Swansea is so far behind Cardiff.

Unreal 🙈

Couldn't make it up, could you, jeez.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024