Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gopro for dashcam? 11:47 - Jul 1 with 2701 viewsMorristonmike

Anybody use one of these? I drive alot see loads of near misses and been crashed into three times.
Driving to paris next month and thought of a go pro for the dashcam and to just use normally as a camera.

Anyone recommend one which isnt top price and not shit?
Thanks

Would also take recommendations on dashcam but would prefer the gopro for filming outside of driving
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 11:53]
Gopro for dashcam? on 12:08 - Jul 1 with 2682 viewsjacktar

Next Base dashcam comes highly recommended. I've got the 512GW, excellent camera and one of the few that insurance companies will give you a discount for using it. Don't know anything about Gopro I'm afraid.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Gopro for dashcam? on 13:41 - Jul 1 with 2643 viewsdickythorpe

How do you set these up?
Gopro for dashcam? on 13:44 - Jul 1 with 2636 viewsJackfath

I am very much against the use of covert filming as I think it's sneaky and uncalled for. However, the more I use the M4, the more I see utter skin thieves on their phones, texting and talking and one I regularly see watching tv on his phone.

It's horrific that so many feel they are above the law and can get away with it.

The time is nearing when I reluctantly go undercover and start to film these cretins and send the footage into the police.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Gopro for dashcam? on 13:49 - Jul 1 with 2633 viewsHighjack

If you go to Argos you can get a special camera that proves the earth is flat 🌏

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Gopro for dashcam? on 13:56 - Jul 1 with 2623 viewsHumpty

Gopro for dashcam? on 13:49 - Jul 1 by Highjack

If you go to Argos you can get a special camera that proves the earth is flat 🌏

This is correct.

The Nikon P900 I believe.
Gopro for dashcam? on 14:04 - Jul 1 with 2610 viewsHighjack

Gopro for dashcam? on 13:56 - Jul 1 by Humpty

This is correct.

The Nikon P900 I believe.

Yep only this camera works because every other type of camera in the world is designed and produced by the illuminati, who fake footage of the world being round for unknown and incomprehensible reasons.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Gopro for dashcam? on 14:17 - Jul 1 with 2594 viewsjack247

A GoPro is would be ok for this, but you’ll have to change/wipe the micro sd every couple of hours. Obviously you can also use it like a traditional camera, but it’s really not designed for that.

I think you’d be better off buying a dashcam and a reasonably cheap camera. It won’t cost you any more and both will do their respective jobs better than a GoPro.

I’d only buy a GoPro to use like a GoPro, if that makes sense.
Gopro for dashcam? on 14:37 - Jul 1 with 2577 viewslonglostjack

Gopro for dashcam? on 14:04 - Jul 1 by Highjack

Yep only this camera works because every other type of camera in the world is designed and produced by the illuminati, who fake footage of the world being round for unknown and incomprehensible reasons.

They’re only doing it to confuse Pikey Paul.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Gopro for dashcam? on 15:31 - Jul 1 with 2529 viewsswan65split

Gopro for dashcam? on 13:44 - Jul 1 by Jackfath

I am very much against the use of covert filming as I think it's sneaky and uncalled for. However, the more I use the M4, the more I see utter skin thieves on their phones, texting and talking and one I regularly see watching tv on his phone.

It's horrific that so many feel they are above the law and can get away with it.

The time is nearing when I reluctantly go undercover and start to film these cretins and send the footage into the police.

We have one, bought after having a few near misses, being cut up and nearly run off the road , by wandering drivers , either on the phone or tablet.

Like you the number we see using the phone etc whilst driving is unbelievable, and they all seem to think no one can see them doing it!

It may not save me from serious injury or death, but God forbid its needed , may prove what someone did.......even me! , lol
Gopro for dashcam? on 15:46 - Jul 1 with 2511 viewsClydachjack

This is the one I have, excellent picture, built in wifi so no messing around with cables to get footage off.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/YI-1080P60-Dashboard-G-Sensor-Recording-grey/dp/B01CXDP
Gopro for dashcam? on 15:48 - Jul 1 with 2508 viewsJohnw102

I have the Nextbase 212 excellent £69 from Halfords + price of good SD card, wired it up myself and i am no genius at that sort of thing, has worked perfect for 6 months now. That model is one of Which's best buys. Would recommend it.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Gopro for dashcam? on 15:51 - Jul 1 with 2507 viewscontroversial_jack

Gopro for dashcam? on 13:44 - Jul 1 by Jackfath

We are covertly filmed every time we go out in public without asking our permission.
Gopro for dashcam? on 16:00 - Jul 1 with 2491 viewsJackfath

Gopro for dashcam? on 15:51 - Jul 1 by controversial_jack

We are covertly filmed every time we go out in public without asking our permission.

I know. But that filming is done by the "authorities". I would be a private person being a little sneaky filming grass.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Gopro for dashcam? on 17:31 - Jul 1 with 2450 viewscontroversial_jack

Gopro for dashcam? on 16:00 - Jul 1 by Jackfath

I know. But that filming is done by the "authorities". I would be a private person being a little sneaky filming grass.

What do you mean authorities? It's done by shops, it's everywhere, we are most watched country on earth, far exceeding anything in N korea etc I have a dashcam myself
Gopro for dashcam? on 18:48 - Jul 1 with 2414 viewsN_T_J

Gopro for dashcam? on 17:31 - Jul 1 by controversial_jack

What do you mean authorities? It's done by shops, it's everywhere, we are most watched country on earth, far exceeding anything in N korea etc I have a dashcam myself

A woman cut me up last week on Baglan duel, so I get over Briton Ferry bridge and she pulls up next to me at the lights. I wond window down and said get off your phone, you almost crashed in to me. She just kept responding "and you are" I wish I had one of these cameras just for this Woman.

Driving these roads are lethal with the amount of people on their phones. The ones i hate seeing are drivers on their phones with kids sitting in the back. These kids dont know any different and have no option but to get in that car.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 18:59]
Gopro for dashcam? on 18:54 - Jul 1 with 2407 viewsJackfath

Gopro for dashcam? on 18:48 - Jul 1 by N_T_J

A woman cut me up last week on Baglan duel, so I get over Briton Ferry bridge and she pulls up next to me at the lights. I wond window down and said get off your phone, you almost crashed in to me. She just kept responding "and you are" I wish I had one of these cameras just for this Woman.

Driving these roads are lethal with the amount of people on their phones. The ones i hate seeing are drivers on their phones with kids sitting in the back. These kids dont know any different and have no option but to get in that car.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2018 18:59]

It's damned annoying and I agree with you 100%. She's an accident waiting to happen.

Gopro for dashcam? on 19:23 - Jul 1 with 2386 viewsjacktar

Gopro for dashcam? on 16:00 - Jul 1 by Jackfath

I think you're missing the point for the use of dashcams Fathie. It is not my intention to grass poor driving but to be able to show that my driving is not at fault in the event of an accident. A friend of mine was proved absolutely blameless following a serious accident with a motor cyclist who was badly injured but was proven to be clearly at fault from dashcam footage.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Gopro for dashcam? on 19:55 - Jul 1 with 2360 viewsN_T_J

Gopro for dashcam? on 19:23 - Jul 1 by jacktar

I think you're missing the point for the use of dashcams Fathie. It is not my intention to grass poor driving but to be able to show that my driving is not at fault in the event of an accident. A friend of mine was proved absolutely blameless following a serious accident with a motor cyclist who was badly injured but was proven to be clearly at fault from dashcam footage.

Yea, i was involved in a nasty accident that my mrs was driving, the police tried everything to blame her driving. Wish we had a camera in the car. In the end she went to court and was given 6 points.

They tried blaming a text message that was sent to her phone 25 seconds before the acvident, it was proven it was unread but the police said the flash of the hone distracted her. They tried everything against her..
Gopro for dashcam? on 13:27 - Jul 2 with 2236 viewscontroversial_jack

Gopro for dashcam? on 19:23 - Jul 1 by jacktar

If you have an encounter with the police or any road rage nutter you can use your dashcam for that too
Gopro for dashcam? on 00:29 - Jul 4 with 2120 viewsLoyal

Gopro for dashcam? on 13:27 - Jul 2 by controversial_jack

If you have an encounter with the police or any road rage nutter you can use your dashcam for that too

And the fire brigade.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024