Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship top four predictions and us ??? 11:09 - Jul 2 with 3371 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Boro
Stoke
WBA
Derby

Not sure what order for the rest but Boro top, I think Lampard and Jodie Morris will pick up some loans or cheap deals from Chelsea, we should be safe but bottom half nearer the bottom than the middle.

The reason I think (so far) we will struggle as we have a bigger rebuild, less of an experienced Championship type Manager (than all but Lampard) and we've left everything too late, Potter has a tough job and if he gets us in the playoffs he will have done an amazing job, given the work he had to do and the time to do it.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2018 11:16]
Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 22:49 - Jul 2 with 863 viewsKilkennyjack

Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 11:17 - Jul 2 by jasper_T

1 - Swansea City

I hope you are correct.

I can’t see it myself though.

First 6 games will give us a real insight. Not an easy run.

Beware of the Risen People

Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 23:00 - Jul 2 with 855 viewsmajorraglan

Boro
West Brom
Stoke
Leeds

Swansea will be den between 7 and 12.
Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 23:40 - Jul 2 with 827 viewsjasper_T

Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 22:30 - Jul 2 by valleyboy

Might be a lowere Division but a hard physical division

Where are the Swansea players that could cope with that

Considering there wasn’t a decent midfield player in the squad last season, do you honestly think they will be any better this season????

I do. Even our poorest players will look better in the Championship than they did in the Premier League (see: Ollie McBurnie).
Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 01:49 - Jul 3 with 782 viewsnevnahmun

Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 23:00 - Jul 2 by majorraglan

Boro
West Brom
Stoke
Leeds

Swansea will be den between 7 and 12.

i agree with this top four, except maybe Stoke top.

Im terrified for us tho. The first five matches could see us only getting one point in the worst case.

If they would back Potter and get some good signings now, we have a chance, but if they dont (and i dont expect them to) the flops from last year might just crumble.

If we do well in the first five matches - playoff place.
If its bad - we could be looking down all season.
Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 07:42 - Jul 3 with 747 viewsAguycalledJack

Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 21:01 - Jul 2 by jasper_T

You don't think players in the Championship are of a lower level than those in the Premier League?

Our players are only championship standard not Premiere League.
Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 09:20 - Jul 3 with 711 viewsKGriz16

Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 07:42 - Jul 3 by AguycalledJack

I'm sorry, but that's horse sh*t. We would have survived relegation last season had it not been for the tactics of Carlos Carvahal. The same negative posters on this forum will be the same ones singing the praises of players like Carroll, Fer and VdH when we're coasting in the Championship. The negativity on this forum is both exhausting and frustrating. 90% of the posters on this forum wanted 6 new players signed before Potter even took his first training session.
Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 10:02 - Jul 3 with 695 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 09:20 - Jul 3 by KGriz16

I'm sorry, but that's horse sh*t. We would have survived relegation last season had it not been for the tactics of Carlos Carvahal. The same negative posters on this forum will be the same ones singing the praises of players like Carroll, Fer and VdH when we're coasting in the Championship. The negativity on this forum is both exhausting and frustrating. 90% of the posters on this forum wanted 6 new players signed before Potter even took his first training session.

In terms of tactics and team management Paul Clement was far, far more guilty than Carlos Carvalhal.

The real blame lies elsewhere of course.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 10:10 - Jul 3 with 685 viewsjasper_T

Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 10:02 - Jul 3 by Joe_bradshaw

In terms of tactics and team management Paul Clement was far, far more guilty than Carlos Carvalhal.

The real blame lies elsewhere of course.

Carvalhal started out really positively but as soon as we popped our heads out of the relegation zone the fear took over (and as he said himself we lost the element of surprise with the new tactics and he had no other ideas).
Login to get fewer ads

Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 11:00 - Jul 3 with 663 viewsWhiterockin

Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 10:10 - Jul 3 by jasper_T

Carvalhal started out really positively but as soon as we popped our heads out of the relegation zone the fear took over (and as he said himself we lost the element of surprise with the new tactics and he had no other ideas).

This 100%. No pressure when we were in the relegation zone, as soon as we came out of it the pressure mounted and he bottled it. Injuries to Fer and Ayew's suspension were major factors but if he kept "putting all the meat on the barbecue" we could well have stayed up.Strange also as soon as we were out of the relegation zone his comical quotes also stopped.
Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 11:04 - Jul 3 with 655 viewsomarjack

Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 11:00 - Jul 3 by Whiterockin

This 100%. No pressure when we were in the relegation zone, as soon as we came out of it the pressure mounted and he bottled it. Injuries to Fer and Ayew's suspension were major factors but if he kept "putting all the meat on the barbecue" we could well have stayed up.Strange also as soon as we were out of the relegation zone his comical quotes also stopped.

We can't say Sheffield Wednesday's fans didn't warn us, Because they did.

He's the king of bottling apparently. Gets off to a good, cheerful, optimistic beginning. Then when the pressure is on he loses it completely. Bottling 2 championship play-offs in a row speaks volumes.

The Southampton game was a text book of what he does when things get to the last 90 minutes.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 12:41 - Jul 4 with 576 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 20:57 - Jul 2 by jasper_T

Yep. Our players will have more space and time, and runs will be defended less effectively when we're up against lower quality opposition every week.

A braver manager than Carvalhal playing positive football against teams we expect to beat will see a much more impressive goal return.

I don't think you get more time and space in the Championship, it's obviously a lower standard and more of a battle by the teams don't sit back and let you play if anything there is less time!!!
Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 12:43 - Jul 4 with 576 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 11:17 - Jul 2 by jasper_T

1 - Swansea City

Deluded !!!

No chance, unless massive changes quickly, which I can't see happening
Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 12:46 - Jul 4 with 575 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Boro
Stoke
WBA
Derby

I'm sticking with them so far, I don't think Leeds will get things right and the New Manager will either be sacked or resigned in a mood before the end of the season.

The surprise team could be Brentford, depending on not losing their Manager and best players and being given a small budget to add three or four!

They play good football and were not a million miles away, Sheffield United also could have a little sniff of the play offs!
[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 12:47]
Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 12:50 - Jul 4 with 569 views34dfgdf54

Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 20:44 - Jul 2 by jasper_T

It's a lower division.

You are both underestimating the challenges we are faced with next year, and overestimating how good our squad is in my opinion. There are not many players who played for us last year who will pull up trees in the Championship, and the ones who would most likely be leaving.

[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 15:12]
Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 13:22 - Jul 4 with 543 viewsSwanjaxs

Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 07:42 - Jul 3 by AguycalledJack

Quite a few not even Championship standard

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 15:07 - Jul 4 with 509 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Championship top four predictions and us ??? on 12:50 - Jul 4 by 34dfgdf54

You are both underestimating the challenges we are faced with next year, and overestimating how good our squad is in my opinion. There are not many players who played for us last year who will pull up trees in the Championship, and the ones who would most likely be leaving.

[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 15:12]

Totally agree, we need to forget about the Premier this is a completely different type of League and we will need to be prepared to battle, this League is relentless and the easy games on paper are usually the hardest.

Some of our fans have forgotten what its like and are definitely underestimating it, I think a few will be in for a big shock!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024