Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caravan holiday in the Gower 11:48 - Jul 2 with 4154 viewsthornabyswan

Any help would be really appreciated was looking to try and book a week in August renting a caravan.
Any tips on nice sites please.
And how much do they tend to cost struggling to find anything.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Caravan holiday in the Gower on 06:24 - Jul 4 with 1173 viewsOptimisticJack

Caravan holiday in the Gower on 06:07 - Jul 4 by N_T_J

Does anyone know of campsites that you can pitch up a tourer caravan, say a 4 birth, yearly and what sort of price?

Due to early retirement I can get use out of it, site doesnt need to be fancy with a pub ect, and I dont want to be paying Static fees down there.

Cheers

Try Kennexstone site situated on the road to Llangennith . Telephone 386790.
Good luck.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 6:27]

Optimisticjack

Caravan holiday in the Gower on 06:34 - Jul 4 with 1167 viewsjack247

Caravan holiday in the Gower on 22:59 - Jul 3 by SoberBaker

Do you think he'd take 20 pence for a pound?

Controversial Jack should have had that one
Caravan holiday in the Gower on 09:50 - Jul 4 with 1130 viewscontroversial_jack

Caravan holiday in the Gower on 06:34 - Jul 4 by jack247

Controversial Jack should have had that one

I like a good bargain
Caravan holiday in the Gower on 09:53 - Jul 4 with 1129 viewswhiterock

Caravan holiday in the Gower on 17:06 - Jul 2 by thornabyswan

Thanks that's really helpful yes I had a feeling it would be expensive always fancied a caravan holiday down the Gower.
They were best holidays I can remember as a kid not been down the Gower though.
Apart from a tent down Rhossili once.
Yes if you do hear aboit anything that would be helpful but I think we may end up doing something else due to the price.
Booked August off so I could watch the Swans as well but in hindsight may have not been my best idea.

Not many for rent on site as the owner doesn’t encourage it, most tend not to bother either other than maybe close family, there is a shop on site that sells beer but it’s not Bargain Booze, there is a large CKs in penclawdd to stock up and there is a garage with mini mart built on in Nelson, this sells just about everything.
Beach is stunning for long walks especially with the dog, doesn’t get crowded even at peak, the current is a bit of a bitch though so be careful.
Caravan holiday in the Gower on 09:54 - Jul 4 with 1122 viewsN_T_J

Caravan holiday in the Gower on 06:24 - Jul 4 by OptimisticJack

Try Kennexstone site situated on the road to Llangennith . Telephone 386790.
Good luck.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2018 6:27]

Thank you 👍
Caravan holiday in the Gower on 14:39 - Jul 4 with 1082 viewsLeonWasGod

Some useful info for those headting to Gower this summer:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2018/jul/04/all-beaches-techn
Caravan holiday in the Gower on 14:50 - Jul 4 with 1073 viewslifelong

Caravan holiday in the Gower on 14:39 - Jul 4 by LeonWasGod

Some useful info for those headting to Gower this summer:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/shortcuts/2018/jul/04/all-beaches-techn

So, according to that article, if I wanted to strip off bollock naked and walk through Gorseinon it should be perfectly legal.
I’d probably get about 20 yards before my knackers would be hanging from the traffic lights.
Caravan holiday in the Gower on 15:38 - Jul 4 with 1043 viewsJimmyGilligan

Used to go to LLanrhidian holiday park as a kid every weekend, loved it there.
Login to get fewer ads

Caravan holiday in the Gower on 19:40 - Jul 4 with 990 viewsGowerjack

Does anyone know of campsites that you can pitch up a tourer caravan, say a 4 birth, yearly and what sort of price?

Due to early retirement I can get use out of it, site doesnt need to be fancy with a pub ect, and I dont want to be paying Static fees down there.

Cheers

Frowned upon that...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Caravan holiday in the Gower on 22:59 - Jul 4 with 953 viewsN_T_J

Caravan holiday in the Gower on 19:40 - Jul 4 by Gowerjack

Frowned upon that...

What is frowned upon mate?
Caravan holiday in the Gower on 23:20 - Jul 4 with 937 viewsmajorraglan

Cheers

Google Seasonal Pitch Fees and the area you want to stay in and check out the results. We tended to use Caravan Club sites when we had a tourer, they have nice clean sites, big pitches and excellent facilities. Some f their sites have seasonal pitches. They also have a network of small sites called certified locations which can take up to 5caravans, these vary in standard from a field to a fully serviced pitch and they are very cheap. The people who use Caravan Club sites tend to be tidy. Not many of their sites have bars.

There should be a few sites down Gower and loads more down Pembs way. There are now a few sites down Kidwelly and a Ferryside way if you are interested in that area.
Caravan holiday in the Gower on 08:04 - Jul 5 with 864 viewsN_T_J

Caravan holiday in the Gower on 23:20 - Jul 4 by majorraglan

Google Seasonal Pitch Fees and the area you want to stay in and check out the results. We tended to use Caravan Club sites when we had a tourer, they have nice clean sites, big pitches and excellent facilities. Some f their sites have seasonal pitches. They also have a network of small sites called certified locations which can take up to 5caravans, these vary in standard from a field to a fully serviced pitch and they are very cheap. The people who use Caravan Club sites tend to be tidy. Not many of their sites have bars.

There should be a few sites down Gower and loads more down Pembs way. There are now a few sites down Kidwelly and a Ferryside way if you are interested in that area.

Thank you for the Advice 👍

I spoke with 3 sites down the Gower yesterday, and they want £1550 1st of April till 30th of September. But all pitches for this year have gone, but this is fine as we have a campervan, so we will get a pitch for 2019 season.
Caravan holiday in the Gower on 08:43 - Jul 5 with 851 viewsOptimisticJack

Caravan holiday in the Gower on 08:04 - Jul 5 by N_T_J

Thank you for the Advice 👍

I spoke with 3 sites down the Gower yesterday, and they want £1550 1st of April till 30th of September. But all pitches for this year have gone, but this is fine as we have a campervan, so we will get a pitch for 2019 season.

That seems about the going rate. Enjoy.

Optimisticjack

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024