Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Byers - New Contract 09:42 - Jul 3 with 1622 views34dfgdf54

Jasper will be happy. Surprised it's only one year to be honest, but I suppose he doesn't want to risk wasting more years of his career if he isn't in favour, I reckon that would be his choice.
Byers - New Contract on 10:04 - Jul 3 with 1555 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Hope he get's some proper game time.

Can see a few of the u23's being incorporated into the squad

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Byers - New Contract on 10:07 - Jul 3 with 1549 viewsjasper_T

I am happy because he was the best player in the u23s and could have offered the first team something had he been given the chance last season (a few good set pieces and we might have survived).

There's a decent batch of kids taking part in Potter's preseason so even if they've only been included to make up the numbers he should be able to take a good look at them before our bigger names depart and panic signings begin.
Byers - New Contract on 10:46 - Jul 3 with 1480 viewsomarjack

And if he performs well and turn out to be real quality he'd leave us for free next season to play for whoever gets promoted if we're not one of them. Is that it? How nice.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Byers - New Contract on 11:01 - Jul 3 with 1435 viewsjasper_T

Byers - New Contract on 10:46 - Jul 3 by omarjack

And if he performs well and turn out to be real quality he'd leave us for free next season to play for whoever gets promoted if we're not one of them. Is that it? How nice.

We should have given him the 3 year Kenji contract imo.
Byers - New Contract on 11:03 - Jul 3 with 1422 views34dfgdf54

Byers - New Contract on 10:46 - Jul 3 by omarjack

Seems that way to me aswell to be honest.

Like I said in the original post, I'm guessing he's insisted it only being one year, he can feel hard done by not to get a chance last year. Could have give him game time in the cup games atleast.
Byers - New Contract on 12:15 - Jul 3 with 1323 viewsA_Fans_Dad

His enthusiasm to sign a new contract doesn't suggest it was him that restricted it to just 1 year.
Byers - New Contract on 12:30 - Jul 3 with 1287 views34dfgdf54

Byers - New Contract on 12:15 - Jul 3 by A_Fans_Dad

His enthusiasm to sign a new contract doesn't suggest it was him that restricted it to just 1 year.

Well he's not going to say "I didn't really know what to do, so I told them 1 year or I'm offski" in his press release is he?

You may be right and it was us, but I can't see it, he's already had Championship experience with Watford, he won't want to be wasting away in U23s again.
Byers - New Contract on 12:36 - Jul 3 with 1266 viewsomarjack

Byers - New Contract on 12:30 - Jul 3 by 34dfgdf54

Well he's not going to say "I didn't really know what to do, so I told them 1 year or I'm offski" in his press release is he?

You may be right and it was us, but I can't see it, he's already had Championship experience with Watford, he won't want to be wasting away in U23s again.

By Championship experience you mean 8 minutes of playtime 3 years ago?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Login to get fewer ads

Byers - New Contract on 12:56 - Jul 3 with 1221 viewsvetchonian

Byers - New Contract on 12:36 - Jul 3 by omarjack

Thats 8 Mins more than some of our current Champioship squad!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Byers - New Contract on 13:00 - Jul 3 with 1207 views34dfgdf54

Byers - New Contract on 12:36 - Jul 3 by omarjack

Fair point, but he's been in the first team squad, he hasn't had a sniff really here so will be anxious to get out playing, he's 22 now, can't be considered a kid anymore.
Byers - New Contract on 13:09 - Jul 3 with 1172 viewsGixerJack

Byers - New Contract on 11:03 - Jul 3 by 34dfgdf54

Seems that way to me aswell to be honest.

Like I said in the original post, I'm guessing he's insisted it only being one year, he can feel hard done by not to get a chance last year. Could have give him game time in the cup games atleast.

Or on the other hand it could be the club telling him he's got 12 months to kick on and prove his worth.

Maybe we need to take the developing players out of the comfort zone of secure long term contracts for them to rediscover their hunger to progress.
Byers - New Contract on 13:38 - Jul 3 with 1102 viewsjasper_T

Byers - New Contract on 13:09 - Jul 3 by GixerJack

Or on the other hand it could be the club telling him he's got 12 months to kick on and prove his worth.

Maybe we need to take the developing players out of the comfort zone of secure long term contracts for them to rediscover their hunger to progress.

Not a lot more he could have done for the u23s. Must have been mortified to see Maric get called up for the Notts County game instead of him.
Byers - New Contract on 15:17 - Jul 3 with 962 viewsGixerJack

Byers - New Contract on 13:38 - Jul 3 by jasper_T

Not a lot more he could have done for the u23s. Must have been mortified to see Maric get called up for the Notts County game instead of him.

Swansea website says 2 year deal
Byers - New Contract on 15:32 - Jul 3 with 934 viewsJango

Probably one of those contracts that automatically activates an extension after a certain amount of games played. Suits both parties either way then really.
Byers - New Contract on 15:32 - Jul 3 with 932 viewsjasper_T

Byers - New Contract on 15:17 - Jul 3 by GixerJack

Swansea website says 2 year deal

It definitely said 1 year this morning lol.
Byers - New Contract on 16:03 - Jul 3 with 895 viewsGixerJack

Byers - New Contract on 15:32 - Jul 3 by jasper_T

It definitely said 1 year this morning lol.

Hope he doesn't come on here, he'd be back onto his agent in a flash.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024