Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" 22:51 - Jul 4 with 3653 viewsTummer_from_Texas

https://www.90min.com/posts/6108314-swansea-city-launch-their-first-official-int

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/stateside-jacks-become-official

Nice little bit of news for us on America's birthday. Besides a nice little 20% discount on our next store purchases and a few other little giveaways, this will get us some opportunities for group trips to see the team in person/tour the Liberty. Also, word is the club has assured us that they are working it out so we can stream the games this coming season, more info on this closer to the season starting.

Big time kudos to Marc and Jon - our president and vice president - and to the board for their efforts! Also thanks to the club for their recognition and support. Less than 2 years ago, this started with a private Facebook page (that is now up to 427 members).

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 22:57 - Jul 4 with 3638 viewsDarran

I saw that earlier and the first thing I though was what a load of wánk.

I don’t mean to be rude because I love America and have lots of American friends but as I’ve said before I had to unfollow all the American fans except one on twitter because I couldn’t stomach another minute of their clueless soccer bollox.

Go Swans at the soccer game.

No offence meant.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 22:58 - Jul 4 with 3634 viewsKerouac

Excellent Tummer!

Wonderful to see our support in the US remain fervent.
Hopefully the stateside Jacks can organise a few match day trips in the future and grow in number

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 23:00 - Jul 4 with 3626 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 22:57 - Jul 4 by Darran

I don’t mean to be rude because I love America and have lots of American friends but as I’ve said before I had to unfollow all the American fans except one on twitter because I couldn’t stomach another minute of their clueless soccer bollox.

No offence meant.

LOL, none taken, and I'm proud to be the one (had to check and make sure).

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 23:03 - Jul 4 with 3610 viewsDarran

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 23:00 - Jul 4 by Tummer_from_Texas

LOL, none taken, and I'm proud to be the one (had to check and make sure).

Some of it’s probably down to me but when you’re seeing tweets like “go Swans go Swans rah rah rah” it gets to you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 23:18 - Jul 4 with 3582 viewsTim_Harry

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 23:03 - Jul 4 by Darran

Some of it’s probably down to me but when you’re seeing tweets like “go Swans go Swans rah rah rah” it gets to you.

Nothing wrong with that.

So what if they have different ways of chanting to us?

I remember the days that you wouldn't know there was a game on if you were stood in Dillwyn St half hour before kick off. Absolutely no one in Swansea interested.

I've seen some of these US groups on Facebook and they're still up for it, even with us in the Championship.

No down side to this as far as I'm concerned.
Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 00:20 - Jul 5 with 3505 viewsTNT

Jon is a cracking bloke, from The Swansea Valley, been out there for some time now. He helped us out when a coach we booked (through Martin Morgan's company) broke down. We bumped in to Martin Morgan, but he didn't give a sh*t that we'd broken down. Jon gave us a lift back to the coach station after the Oxnad game. We arranged to meet before the next game against San Jose Earthquakes - had a brilliant time. Turns out we went to the same school, though there's a few years between us. Bumped in to him at the Watford away game last season. Great effort, Jon. You Jack Bastard.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become on 00:43 - Jul 5 with 3483 viewsbonymine

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 00:20 - Jul 5 by TNT

Jon is a cracking bloke, from The Swansea Valley, been out there for some time now. He helped us out when a coach we booked (through Martin Morgan's company) broke down. We bumped in to Martin Morgan, but he didn't give a sh*t that we'd broken down. Jon gave us a lift back to the coach station after the Oxnad game. We arranged to meet before the next game against San Jose Earthquakes - had a brilliant time. Turns out we went to the same school, though there's a few years between us. Bumped in to him at the Watford away game last season. Great effort, Jon. You Jack Bastard.

Shock ....Horror.....Martin Morgan didn’t give a shit ????

It was the same response every time he ‘entertained’ a new ‘lady’ at Morgan’s Hotel or his Villa in Spain and they’d packed their bags in advance too.....I know a few who have been ‘succumbed’to that experience 😂

Meanwhile, Louisa files for divorce to take the cheating,lying Kent to the cleaners in her divorce action......Good Luck and Good Riddance & Louisa all the best for the future 👍👍

From JTAK to ........’Look at me in my Hotel’ ....lying, cheating weasel W⚓️😂😂 Morgan.

You’ve put up Huw as the main man with you in the background for far too long now since Caseys you weasel we all know the truth it’s about time you faced the music you slimy, lying Kent.

You Greedy B@stard. Get out of our Club.

STID. Together Stronger. 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 03:12 - Jul 5 with 3436 viewsstAteSwan

As expected, not a single chapter within 600 miles of me. I think I am truly out on my own out here.

I guess that leaves this forum as the only place I can talk football without someone thinking I'm talking about the NFL.
Login to get fewer ads

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 04:27 - Jul 5 with 3420 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 00:20 - Jul 5 by TNT

Melinda and I became friends with Jon the weekend the Swans came to Richmond VA exactly two years ago. Really cool, nice guy, not surprised he has been a big part in organizing this.

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 04:33 - Jul 5 with 3411 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 23:03 - Jul 4 by Darran

Wish I could do something about that, my friend. But I might be guilty sometimes, too. My apologies, we are all a product of the same culture that invented The Wave in the early 80's.

A lot of people are proud of that. I'm not.

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 06:40 - Jul 5 with 3364 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 22:57 - Jul 4 by Darran

No offence meant.

They were only doing the go swans go swans rah rah rah to get rid of you .
Backlash to normal chanting for them from now on

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 08:20 - Jul 5 with 3298 viewsMrSwerve

Well done Tummer.

Interested to hear about streaming all of the games this season, surely that won't happen?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 09:32 - Jul 5 with 3245 viewsSwanzay

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 08:20 - Jul 5 by MrSwerve

Well done Tummer.

Interested to hear about streaming all of the games this season, surely that won't happen?

I'd be interest to see if that will happen too!
Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 09:37 - Jul 5 with 3241 views34dfgdf54

I didn't speak to Jon, but seen him at Watford away, fair play to them for spending all that money to come over, remembered being happy for them they had the buzz of a last minute winner to take home with them.

Fair play to Tummer aswell when him and his other half came over here, nothing but admiration for them. YJB
Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 11:59 - Jul 5 with 3151 viewswhiterock

Many ex-pats like Jonny Norman, Sam Spiers and Shane Whaley
The good thing is that the members could have dropped off with relegation but if anything they are getting stronger. 420 members last time I looked
Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 12:27 - Jul 5 with 3116 viewsTheAlpineShrew

I'm currently Upper Midwest in the Land of a Thousand Lakes. No supporters group here either.
Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 12:30 - Jul 5 with 3099 viewsLoyal

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 12:27 - Jul 5 by TheAlpineShrew

I'm currently Upper Midwest in the Land of a Thousand Lakes. No supporters group here either.

You should start one.
Little acorns etc ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 12:52 - Jul 5 with 3059 viewsTheAlpineShrew

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 12:30 - Jul 5 by Loyal

You should start one.
Little acorns etc ...

Would be a good idea but only here for two weeks visiting in-laws.
Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become on 13:08 - Jul 5 with 3039 viewsPolskijack

Great news. The more supporter associations we have overseas the better. It appears that the American groups have shown loyalty but this year we will see if this changes now we are not in the Prem. We have a group here that has been going for about 5 years with over 1800 followers. We will see if this changes now Fab has gone.
https://www.facebook.com/SwanseaCityPolska/
Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 22:29 - Jul 5 with 2916 viewsTNT

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 04:27 - Jul 5 by Tummer_from_Texas

Melinda and I became friends with Jon the weekend the Swans came to Richmond VA exactly two years ago. Really cool, nice guy, not surprised he has been a big part in organizing this.

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 22:33 - Jul 5 with 2907 viewsTNT

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 09:37 - Jul 5 by 34dfgdf54

I didn't speak to Jon, but seen him at Watford away, fair play to them for spending all that money to come over, remembered being happy for them they had the buzz of a last minute winner to take home with them.

Fair play to Tummer aswell when him and his other half came over here, nothing but admiration for them. YJB

Yeah, met Tummer and Melinda briefly at the bar at Old Trafford. Anyone who puts that sort of effort in to supporting the Swans... Respect!

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become on 22:35 - Jul 5 with 2907 viewsTNT

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become "official" on 09:37 - Jul 5 by 34dfgdf54

Double post.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2018 22:38]

Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become on 21:54 - Jul 9 with 2739 viewsCaliforniaJack

Thanks all for the positive posts about the Stateside Jacks International Supporters Group.

Its taken a lot of time and effort but I'm very pleased that we have been able to connect so many new and existing Swansea supporters in the United States to enjoy games together etc.

The more groups and fans we have support the club the stronger we become as a fan base.

If you know anyone that is based in the United States that wants to share their love of all things Swansea City please tell them about the Stateside Jacks supporters group.

Cheers

Jon
Stateside Jacks consolidate 13 American supporter groups, become on 17:08 - Jul 14 with 2553 viewsTummer_from_Texas

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024