Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans 10:06 - Jul 5 with 14085 viewsjackandcoke81

Interesting. Mainly aimed at international Swans fans:

SwansTV goes live for match streaming

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swanstv-goes-live-match-streaming
[Post edited 5 Jul 2018 10:07]
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 10:16 - Jul 5 with 7436 viewslondonlisa2001

A game purchased for streaming on a one off basis for overseas fans is £7.99.

The same game purchased for streaming on a one off basis for fans in the UK is £10 (games are allowed to be streamed in the UK if they are not Saturday 3pm kick offs).

That’s completely fair, obviously. Oh, wait. No. No, it’s not. It’s completely ridiculous.

Fabulous job once again. It’s almost as though it’s deliberate.
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 10:38 - Jul 5 with 7343 viewsTheResurrection

Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 10:16 - Jul 5 by londonlisa2001

The same game purchased for streaming on a one off basis for fans in the UK is £10 (games are allowed to be streamed in the UK if they are not Saturday 3pm kick offs).

That’s completely fair, obviously. Oh, wait. No. No, it’s not. It’s completely ridiculous.

Oh come on, it's not worth moaning about.

It's probably because people back home are more likely to get their mates around and watch together, whilst abroad there would be lots of individual purchases.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 10:45 - Jul 5 with 7333 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 10:38 - Jul 5 by TheResurrection

Oh come on, it's not worth moaning about.

It's probably because people back home are more likely to get their mates around and watch together, whilst abroad there would be lots of individual purchases.

It’s a 25% higher price for someone in the UK compared to someone in any other country.

It has nothing to do with getting mates round, if anything that’s more likely in reverse. It’s this mania that the club seem to have for what they will doubtless call ‘customer acquisition’. It smacks of people that simply don’t understand the difference between marketing within ‘normal’ consumer markets and marketing within UK football. For them, a new customer is worth more than an existing customer.

Great if you’re John Lewis. But it simply isn’t the same for football here.
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 10:51 - Jul 5 with 7313 viewslonglostjack

Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 10:16 - Jul 5 by londonlisa2001

Save 10% ! I'll take a £1 commission for advising you on a reliable VPN and booking using my credit card complete with overseas address.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 11:00 - Jul 5 with 7284 viewsjasper_T

I'd assume the extra few quid is going to the EFL/Sky rather than being an arbitrary surcharge on the club's end. The iFollow service has the same price structure.

If their "improved infrastructure" leads to showing replays of goals in u23s matches I'll be chuffed. Watched a Derby Country (I think) stream of one of our games last season and they had replays and graphics and everything, it was great. Our is one bloke with a handicam.
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 11:08 - Jul 5 with 7259 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 11:00 - Jul 5 by jasper_T

I'd assume the extra few quid is going to the EFL/Sky rather than being an arbitrary surcharge on the club's end. The iFollow service has the same price structure.

If their "improved infrastructure" leads to showing replays of goals in u23s matches I'll be chuffed. Watched a Derby Country (I think) stream of one of our games last season and they had replays and graphics and everything, it was great. Our is one bloke with a handicam.

I’ve asked for details.
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 11:16 - Jul 5 with 7241 viewsTom1912

Is it going to be possible to subscribe and use this service with VPN etc?
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 12:44 - Jul 5 with 7113 viewsMrSwerve

Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 11:16 - Jul 5 by Tom1912

Is it going to be possible to subscribe and use this service with VPN etc?

They're asking for you to register with your credit card and address (from a non-UK country)...so not impossible but harder than simply getting a VPN.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 12:53 - Jul 5 with 7075 viewsPolskijack

Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 10:45 - Jul 5 by londonlisa2001

It’s a 25% higher price for someone in the UK compared to someone in any other country.

It has nothing to do with getting mates round, if anything that’s more likely in reverse. It’s this mania that the club seem to have for what they will doubtless call ‘customer acquisition’. It smacks of people that simply don’t understand the difference between marketing within ‘normal’ consumer markets and marketing within UK football. For them, a new customer is worth more than an existing customer.

Many overseas countries are simply not as affluent as the UK. 7.99 here is a lot of money when the official minimum wage is just over 2 quid an hour. I teach English and earn about the UK minimum per hour before tax NI etc so have to work about an hour and a half to pay for the game. The model is used by a lot of subscription services such as Spotify. I pay about 4 quid a month whereas the UK is 10. An ideal model would charge dependent on ability to pay and charge accordingly but that gets unwieldy and complicated.

I am just happy to he able to watch the games and will subscribe despite the cost.
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 12:57 - Jul 5 with 7050 viewsHuwJackBastard

people spend on a ppv boxing match! why should a game be any different?
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 13:07 - Jul 5 with 7023 viewsjack247

Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 12:57 - Jul 5 by HuwJackBastard

people spend on a ppv boxing match! why should a game be any different?

I think the issue is it’s £2 cheaper abroad. Tend to agree with Res on this one though. £10 is decent for a one off game. It’s a fair point of principle, but I’m not really bothered if someone else gets it for less.
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 13:49 - Jul 5 with 6931 viewsHighjack

Would they have to add VAT to British customers?

Or are they just money grabbing bastards?

I know what my money is on.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 14:13 - Jul 5 with 6868 viewsploppy

Can someone please explain this to me?

If I am a UK or Republic of Ireland resident and subscribe to SwansTV Live, will I still be able to stream live games when I travel abroad?

No. You would need to be based outside the UK and Republic of Ireland and subscribe with a valid address, telephone number and bank payment details from the UK and Republic of Ireland.
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 14:15 - Jul 5 with 6861 viewsjack247

Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 14:13 - Jul 5 by ploppy

Can someone please explain this to me?

If I am a UK or Republic of Ireland resident and subscribe to SwansTV Live, will I still be able to stream live games when I travel abroad?

No. You would need to be based outside the UK and Republic of Ireland and subscribe with a valid address, telephone number and bank payment details from the UK and Republic of Ireland.

It’s for people who live abroad rather than those on holiday.

It’s the deal the EFL cut with Sky. Nothing you can do about it apart from hope someone manages to stream it
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 14:19 - Jul 5 with 6854 viewsploppy

Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 14:15 - Jul 5 by jack247

It’s for people who live abroad rather than those on holiday.

It’s the deal the EFL cut with Sky. Nothing you can do about it apart from hope someone manages to stream it

But if you're resident abroad why would you need to "subscribe with a valid address, telephone number and bank payment details from the UK and Republic of Ireland". Have they omitted a word here? Like "from OUTSIDE the UK and Republic of Ireland"?
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 14:27 - Jul 5 with 6830 viewsjack247

Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 14:19 - Jul 5 by ploppy

But if you're resident abroad why would you need to "subscribe with a valid address, telephone number and bank payment details from the UK and Republic of Ireland". Have they omitted a word here? Like "from OUTSIDE the UK and Republic of Ireland"?

Sorry, I misread. Yeah I’d guess you need to prove you’re not living in the uk and they missed the word ‘outside’.
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 15:20 - Jul 5 with 6752 viewstrinityann

UK residents looks like you will only be able to watch the midweek games for a £10. Still a touch on the expensive side. It would be useful for important games towards the end of the season. For the midweek games, i still think it's best to watch all the championship goals go in on Sky Sports News.
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 15:31 - Jul 5 with 6729 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 13:49 - Jul 5 by Highjack

Would they have to add VAT to British customers?

Or are they just money grabbing bastards?

I know what my money is on.

VAT is applicable throughout the EU.

Not just UK and Ireland. So any price variance for watching in UK vs. for example Spain or Germany, isn’t being caused by VAT (other than the odd penny caused by different rates in EU, say 19% in Germany or 21% in Spain rather than our 20%).
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 15:57 - Jul 5 with 6675 viewsLeonWasGod

Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 10:45 - Jul 5 by londonlisa2001

You’re being too generous by ignoring the £110 season package for overseas fans, which isn’t available here.

Not that it’ll bother most of us on here if we all go the games.
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 16:10 - Jul 5 with 6646 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 15:57 - Jul 5 by LeonWasGod

You’re being too generous by ignoring the £110 season package for overseas fans, which isn’t available here.

Not that it’ll bother most of us on here if we all go the games.

I thought it better to compare like for like.

Obviously living away, midweek games are a pain, so I’m more likely to use a streaming service than many on here, hence my interest.

Am investigating what the rules actually are. What decisions are within remit of clubs.
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 16:24 - Jul 5 with 6620 viewsLeonWasGod

Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 16:10 - Jul 5 by londonlisa2001

I thought it better to compare like for like.

Obviously living away, midweek games are a pain, so I’m more likely to use a streaming service than many on here, hence my interest.

Am investigating what the rules actually are. What decisions are within remit of clubs.

EFL rules dictate what can be shown and to which region. I suspect club sets pricing as this is our own platform, not the league’s iFollow service. Be interesting to have that confirmed though.

Yeah, I suppose there are a lot whole live away and similarly a lot in Swansea who don’t go away. There won’t be that many matches on this though if it excludes all Sat 3 pm kick offs and anything broadcast live on tv.
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 17:33 - Jul 5 with 6531 viewsstevethejack

To maximise the amount of games that you are able to watch (by using a VPN to hide your location), you need to choose a country that shows the minimum number of games through their national broadcaster.

Having looked at the EFL site, there are a number of countries that do not show any EFL games, so theoretically if you were to use a VPN to show you were in one of the below countries, you would be able to view every single game. Listed are European countries, others countries will be the same:

Albania, Hungary, Italy, Kosova, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Romania, San Marino, Spain and Ukraine.

The below are the countries and the broadcasters that show EFL in that country:

AMERICAS
Anguilla Sportsmax
Antigua and Barbuda Sportsmax
Argentina ESPN
Aruba Sportsmax
Bahamas Sportsmax
Barbados Sportsmax
Belize Sportsmax
Bermuda Sportsmax
Bolivia ESPN
Brazil ESPN
British Virgin Islands Sportsmax
Canada DAZN
Cayman Islands Sportsmax
Chile ESPN
Colombia ESPN
Costa Rica Sky Mexico
Cuba ESPN
Dominica Sportsmax
Dominican Republic Sky Mexico
Ecuador ESPN
El Salvador Sky Mexico
Falkland Islands Sportsmax
French Guiana Sportsmax, beIN Sports
Grenada Sportsmax
Guadeloupe Sportsmax, beIN Sports
Guatemala Sky Mexico
Guyana Sportsmax
Haiti Sportsmax
Honduras Sky Mexico
Jamaica Sportsmax
Martinique Sportsmax
Mexico Sky Mexico
Montserrat Sportsmax
Netherlands Antilles Sportsmax
Nicaragua Sky Mexico
Panama Sky Mexico
Paraguay ESPN
Peru ESPN
Puerto Rico ESPN/BAMTech
Saint Barthélemy Sportsmax
Saint Helena Sportsmax
Saint Kitts and Nevis Sportsmax
Saint Lucia Sportsmax
Saint Martin Sportsmax
Saint Pierre and Miquelon Sportsmax, beIN Sports
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Sportsmax
Suriname Sportsmax
Trinidad and Tobago Sportsmax
Turks and Caicos Islands Sportsmax
U.S. Virgin Islands ESPN/BAMTech
United States ESPN/BAMTech
Uruguay ESPN
Venezuela ESPN
EUROPE
Andorra beIN Sports
Armenia Sports Add (agency) - broadcaster TBC
Austria DAZN, Sportdigital, Sport1
Azerbaijan Sports Add (agency) - broadcaster TBC
Belarus Football TV/Sports Add (agency) - broadcaster TBC
Belgium Eleven Sports Network
Bosnia and Herzegovina Sportklub
Bulgaria Nova TV
Croatia Sportklub
Cyprus Sports Add (agency) - broadcaster TBC
Czech Republic Digi Sport, Arena Sport
Denmark TV3 Sport/Viasat
Estonia Football TV
Finland Viasat
France beIN Sports
Georgia Sports Add (agency) - broadcaster TBC
Germany DAZN, Sportdigital, Sport1
Greece Nova Sport
Iceland 365 Media
Israel Charlton
Kazakhstan Sports Add (agency) - broadcaster TBC
Latvia Football TV
Lithuania Football TV
Macedonia Sportklub
Moldova Sports Add (agency) - broadcaster TBC
Monaco beIN Sports
Montenegro Sportklub
Netherlands Ziggo Sport
Norway Viasat
Poland Eleven Sports Network
Russia Football TV
Serbia Sportklub
Slovakia Digi Sport, Arena Sport
Slovenia Sportklub
Sweden Viasat
Switzerland DAZN, Sportdigital, Sport1
Turkey beIN Sports
SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA
Angola Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Benin Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Botswana Kwese Sports
Burkina Faso Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Burundi Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Cameroon Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Cape Verde Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Central African Republic Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Comoros Kwese Sports
Congo - Brazzaville Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Congo - Kinshasa Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Côte d’Ivoire Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Equatorial Guinea Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Eritrea Kwese Sports
Ethiopia Kwese Sports
Gabon Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Gambia Kwese Sports
Ghana Kwese Sports
Guinea Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Guinea-Bissau Kwese Sports
Kenya Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Lesotho Kwese Sports
Liberia Kwese Sports
Madagascar Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Malawi Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Mali Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Mauritania Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Mauritius Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Mayotte beIN Sports
Mozambique Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Namibia Kwese Sports
Niger Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Nigeria Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Rwanda Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Réunion beIN Sports
Senegal Kwese Sports
Seychelles Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Sierra Leone Kwese Sports
South Africa Fox Sports
Swaziland Kwese Sports
São Tomé and Príncipe Kwese Sports
Tanzania Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Togo Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Uganda Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Western Sahara Kwese Sports
Zambia Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Zimbabwe Kwese Sports
MIDDLE EAST & NORTH AFRICA
Algeria beIN Sports
Chad beIN Sports, Kwese Sports, Fox Sports
Djibouti beIN Sports, Kwese Sports
Egypt beIN Sports
Iran beIN Sports
Iraq beIN Sports
Jordan beIN Sports
Kuwait beIN Sports
Lebanon beIN Sports
Libya beIN Sports
Morocco beIN Sports
Oman beIN Sports
Palestinian Territories beIN Sports
Qatar beIN Sports
Saudi Arabia beIN Sports
Somalia beIN Sports, Kwese Sports
Sudan beIN Sports
Syria beIN Sports
Tunisia beIN Sports
United Arab Emirates beIN Sports
Yemen beIN Sports
ASIA
Bahrain beIN Sports
China Supersports
Kyrgyzstan Sports Add (agency) - broadcaster TBC
Macau TDM
Tajikistan Sports Add (agency) - broadcaster TBC
Thailand MCOT
Turkmenistan Sports Add (agency) - broadcaster TBC
Uzbekistan Sports Add (agency) - broadcaster TBC
OCEANIA
American Samoa ESPN/BAMTech
Australia beIN Sports
French Polynesia beIN Sports
New Caledonia beIN Sports
New Zealand beIN Sports
Wallis and Futuna beIN Sports
[Post edited 5 Jul 2018 17:34]
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 17:36 - Jul 5 with 6520 viewswindy_city_jack

Great news for me. Having all the games on NBC was a godsend last year, even if it did ruin most Saturday mornings!
Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 18:34 - Jul 5 with 6449 viewsPozuelosSideys

Lets be honest, if we are as crap and as boring as we were last season, theyll be making another loss to sit nicely alongside that of the stadium lease

On the plus side. Nice idea for those who dont live in S Wales and have zero chance of midweek games and away games

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Swans Matches Streamed for International Fans on 18:52 - Jul 5 with 6427 viewslegoman

OK so question for the techies. Assume I have a relative in Oz who is also a Swans (born) fan. He subscribes legitimately to the streaming service using his Australian credentials. Thinking about similar streaming services in the UK (e.g. Sky Go) a subscriber is entitled to access the service he pays for on more than one device.

So, I wonder whether I could "piggy back" on my relative's service via a VPN masked Australian server. Views?

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024