Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty 21:18 - Jul 5 with 5560 viewsDarran

Bony,Clucas,Fer,Olsson And Mawson will all miss the first game. ‬

‪lol 😂😂😂😂😂‬

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 00:58 - Jul 6 with 1932 viewsLoyal

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 22:22 - Jul 5 by PozuelosSideys

For Bony and Mawson, is this "injured" or genuinely crocked? When does the transfer window close because we certainly wouldnt our top value asset and our biggest earner getting genuinely injured before we can get them off the books, would we?

Same old bullshit as last season with gylfi and llorente.
Dont fall for it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 00:58 - Jul 6 with 1932 viewsLeonWasGod

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 22:22 - Jul 5 by PozuelosSideys

For Bony and Mawson, is this "injured" or genuinely crocked? When does the transfer window close because we certainly wouldnt our top value asset and our biggest earner getting genuinely injured before we can get them off the books, would we?

Mawson went under the knife at the end ov the season. Haven’t seen how his recovery has been going on, but he *may* have a genuine reason. Or he could be waiting for the transfer, who knows.

Can see Bony struggling from now on full stop, but then I’m a pessimistic bugger when it comes to us these days.
According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 07:50 - Jul 6 with 1720 viewsSwansea93

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 23:32 - Jul 5 by jasper_T

We want him fannying about in Spain so we won't have to pay all his wages.

Surely that's what his agent is for to find him a club, he should be here training whilst his agent does the work.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 07:59 - Jul 6 with 1702 viewsDrGonzo

All those players are going to miss a proper pre season too. Bad news brown.
According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 08:03 - Jul 6 with 1694 viewsvalleyboy

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 22:48 - Jul 5 by majorraglan

If Bony isn’t going to be fit until after the window closes, then I think we can expect to see additional savings being made to compensate for paying his wages. If he is on the rumoured £100k avweek that would be just about 10% of the parachute payment, unless of corse there scabreleagtion clause in his contract.

The bottom line is that Swansea are in a huge finacial mess and one of the reasons why they can’t compete to buy a player from Division One

Yes there are players now off the books as far as wages, but still a long way in where the Swans have to be
According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 08:15 - Jul 6 with 1669 viewsjacktar

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 21:56 - Jul 5 by exiledclaseboy

Anything else interesting happen?

https://www.scfc2.co.uk/2018/07/06/key-points-from-meet-the-manager-evening/

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 08:22 - Jul 6 with 1645 viewsvalleyboy

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 07:59 - Jul 6 by DrGonzo

All those players are going to miss a proper pre season too. Bad news brown.

You know what they say if a player misses pre-season training

It takes months to catch up

Look back on players that have missed pre-season training previously with Swansea and clubs and see when they got back starting playing
According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 08:31 - Jul 6 with 1615 viewsSmellyplumz

League 2 here we come.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Login to get fewer ads

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 08:34 - Jul 6 with 1602 viewsSmellyplumz

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 08:15 - Jul 6 by jacktar

https://www.scfc2.co.uk/2018/07/06/key-points-from-meet-the-manager-evening/

Q: What sort of transfer budget is available as most of current squad are deadwood!
Answer is money won’t solve problem, establish environment that we are proud of and can identify with. Potter adds that everyone is supportive of his ideas

That tells you all you need to know. We are fůcked.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 08:53 - Jul 6 with 1528 viewsSgorioFruit

absolute shambles of a club on and off the field

me personally would drop the entire squad from last season, after the way they showed no fight or even the smallest bit of courage to stay up.

Not fit to wear the shirt, move along, next???

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 09:01 - Jul 6 with 1512 viewsBarryTownSwam

Interesting comments from Pearlman about Jenkins.
Are we seeing the gradual removal of Jenkins from front line duties ?
According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 09:04 - Jul 6 with 1507 viewsAlfieMooresSon

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 21:23 - Jul 5 by Darran

FIrst game proper Mate. All injured except Olsson who’ll be having a few weeks off.

That is worrying !!!
According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 09:07 - Jul 6 with 1500 viewsAlfieMooresSon

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 22:33 - Jul 5 by Darran

Clucas and Mawson around mid-August,Fer expected to be back September,Bony further away than the others.

Bonys not going anywhere in this window.

You were saying he was in your big thread weren't you ???
According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 09:11 - Jul 6 with 1488 viewsAlfieMooresSon

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 08:22 - Jul 6 by valleyboy

You know what they say if a player misses pre-season training

It takes months to catch up

Look back on players that have missed pre-season training previously with Swansea and clubs and see when they got back starting playing

Totally agree

Players not fit, the Manager appointed late, and the slow attempt at signing players points to a shit start FFS !!!
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 9:12]
According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 09:25 - Jul 6 with 1432 viewstrinityann

I think it's a positive that some of these players won't be fit for start of the season, so less chance of them moving on. The current squad is good enough to bounce back up with a couple of smart additions and hopefully with a manager that plays more positive football.
According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 09:48 - Jul 6 with 1379 viewsSwanzay

Can it be confirmed that Potter has final say on transfers and Jenkins isn’t involved?

Pearlman says Potter have independence to make decisions. Jenkins is staying involved. Pearlman appreciates strong views on his position. He still has support of owners. Potter adds need to go back to style of play of old which makes it easier to recruit. Says need to understand players to improve them. Premier league survival made us lose sight of that.

Nothing has changed then.....
According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 09:50 - Jul 6 with 1372 viewsomarjack

Key points:

-Clucas,Fer to miss the first 2-4 fixtures

-Baston is a horrid c*nt.

-Levien and Kaplan intervened to keep Jenkins in charge. Well I don't know what he has over them but it has to be scandalous.

-Jenkins still involved in transfer decisions.

-Everyone keeps beating around the bushes when money is mentioned.

-Stadium expansion put on hold.

-We were concretely interested in Sema,he chose PL football instead,plus we can't compete financially.

Same thing with Ghoddos. Interest from China, clearly we can't compete.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 09:54 - Jul 6 with 1370 viewsJinxy

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 09:01 - Jul 6 by BarryTownSwam

Interesting comments from Pearlman about Jenkins.
Are we seeing the gradual removal of Jenkins from front line duties ?

Thought this for some time now - fingers crossed eh. With any luck we will see the playing style return, sellers etc. fade away into the distance and a club we can be proud of again. Sigh.

I was impressed with GP and his team's unswerving commitment to playing the right way, and I came away quite optimistic. BUT, as Steve says in his blog, we have to be patient, and supportive of course. Sometimes things have to get (slightly hopefully) worse in order to improve. the only (large) fly in the ointment is that commercially, they will want a return to the PL pronto. If we rush this, in my view it will be a mistake. Hopefully GP and his team can sell them the long term vision.
According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 10:22 - Jul 6 with 1301 viewsKGriz16

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 08:34 - Jul 6 by Smellyplumz

Q: What sort of transfer budget is available as most of current squad are deadwood!
Answer is money won’t solve problem, establish environment that we are proud of and can identify with. Potter adds that everyone is supportive of his ideas

How are we f*cked? Were you at the forum?

We aren't Man United, we can't just throw money at the problem. That was a quote from Graham Potter, a manager who has taken a lower league team and took them to Europe on a small budget. I trust his judgement on money in football more than yours. Get off the negative band wagon and get behind the team.
According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 10:32 - Jul 6 with 1277 views34dfgdf54

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 09:50 - Jul 6 by omarjack

Key points:

-Clucas,Fer to miss the first 2-4 fixtures

-Baston is a horrid c*nt.

-Levien and Kaplan intervened to keep Jenkins in charge. Well I don't know what he has over them but it has to be scandalous.

-Jenkins still involved in transfer decisions.

-Everyone keeps beating around the bushes when money is mentioned.

-Stadium expansion put on hold.

-We were concretely interested in Sema,he chose PL football instead,plus we can't compete financially.

Same thing with Ghoddos. Interest from China, clearly we can't compete.

In answers to your points Omar, i'll give my view:

- Biggest worry for me from the forum, as others have pointed out it's not just games they are missing, it's a full pre season, we need to hit the ground running and we could have done with all of them, especially Fer.

-I think he will only be involved in the financial side of things, which I would normally say is correct, but in this case, I would rather him f*cked off and someone brought in to overlook. I genuinely believe Potter would have needed assurances before coming here, we will know pretty sharpish if Jenkins is pointing his sizeable beak in.

-There's no cash, agreed.

-Rightly so, no point at all in having in expansion, missed the boat.

-Fair play to Sema, wanted to play at a higher level, risk for Watford though.

I think we'll be fine under Potter, we just need to stay patient, anyone expecting promotion next year is being unrealistic in my opinion, will take a year or two to shift deadwood, and implement his ideas, I think people are underestimating the size of the job on his hands. Needs to shift loads of deadwood, cut wage bill significantly, as well as staying competitive in a very tough league.
According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 10:34 - Jul 6 with 1273 viewsraynor94

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 08:34 - Jul 6 by Smellyplumz

What a pathetic thing to say, even without any additions the squad we have is capable for challenging the top 6, I have every faith in Potter.

I await your positive posts throughout the season with baited breath

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 10:46 - Jul 6 with 1234 viewsmajorraglan

I can see why Kaplan and Levein would want Jenkins to stay involved - they have relatively little experience and would need to find someone else they could trust and who has experience of running the club, he also has a shareholding and financial interest in the club.

It could be the case that K and L have previously made decisions which HJ has cautioned against for example the decision to replace Guidolin with BB or the rumoured intervention in selling Gylfi to Everton when they were holding out for more money, which delayed the subsequent transfer business, or the rumour that HJ wanted to get rid of a PC earlier but was prevented from doing so by K and L.
If there is substance to these stories, then it is understandable that K and L who could be responsible for some big errors would want to keep HJ on board.

I am not suggesting that keeping HJ is the right thing to do, but just pointing out why K and L could want to do it.
According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 11:01 - Jul 6 with 1195 viewsWarwickHunt

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 10:46 - Jul 6 by majorraglan

I can see why Kaplan and Levein would want Jenkins to stay involved - they have relatively little experience and would need to find someone else they could trust and who has experience of running the club, he also has a shareholding and financial interest in the club.

It could be the case that K and L have previously made decisions which HJ has cautioned against for example the decision to replace Guidolin with BB or the rumoured intervention in selling Gylfi to Everton when they were holding out for more money, which delayed the subsequent transfer business, or the rumour that HJ wanted to get rid of a PC earlier but was prevented from doing so by K and L.
If there is substance to these stories, then it is understandable that K and L who could be responsible for some big errors would want to keep HJ on board.

I am not suggesting that keeping HJ is the right thing to do, but just pointing out why K and L could want to do it.

A sort of Director of Football in name only? £10k plus a week for having your advice ignored?
No responsibility for spunking tens of millions on the wrong players?

Gissa job.
According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 14:57 - Jul 6 with 1018 viewsSmellyplumz

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 10:34 - Jul 6 by raynor94

What a pathetic thing to say, even without any additions the squad we have is capable for challenging the top 6, I have every faith in Potter.

I await your positive posts throughout the season with baited breath

Yeah your breath is very baited

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 15:01 - Jul 6 with 1010 viewsSmellyplumz

According to tonight’s Forum at the Liberty on 10:22 - Jul 6 by KGriz16

How are we f*cked? Were you at the forum?

We aren't Man United, we can't just throw money at the problem. That was a quote from Graham Potter, a manager who has taken a lower league team and took them to Europe on a small budget. I trust his judgement on money in football more than yours. Get off the negative band wagon and get behind the team.

Lol we can't throw money at our because Jenkins had already thrown all our money away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024