Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UPDATE : Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one 23:11 - Jul 5 with 10944 viewsTheResurrection

Can't wait for the new season with our new look,

Nordvelt
(new keeper)

Defence

(new centre half)
McKenna (?)
VdH
Amat
Naughton
Olsson
Roberts
(Jordi Govea)

Midfield

Woods
Fer
Dyer
Routs
Carroll
Dhanda
Celina
McKay

Up front

Nmecha (?)
Asoro
Bony
McBurnie

With the inevitable loss of still a few more players but also spending that money wisely, we've got a massive chance of being a real strong contender in this league.

Time to get fully behind the Club, a big chance for us.

[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 0:23]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 08:05 - Jul 6 with 1704 viewsTheResurrection

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 03:26 - Jul 6 by Swan91

Amat is back with the club training (unlike Borja who is still in spain looking for another loan) so my guess the team amat was with... don't want him so it is possible he could stay with the new manager

routledge wasn't good at PL level but wouldn't be surprised if he could do something in championship(same with dyer)

Bony from the looks of things woudn't even be able to complete a medical so can't see him going.

Fer and Mawson also injured due to surgery and end of the season stuff so possible they won't be able to go aswell due to medical.

Yes, that was all my thinking.

This league isn't full of quality, it's full of hoof and bluster and an endurance test.

We can cope with all it has.

We just need a new set of fans as the ones that post on here are worthless.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 08:13 - Jul 6 with 1696 viewsmoonie

We ll need to be strong and brave so that s Naughton budgeted . A shocking player who regularly turned his back on the ball like a nine yr old . Routledge? He still here? Yes,this pitiful professional footballer still on our books as nobody else would countenence hi. Loved as a great servant by our beauts ! A terrible nonentity who ,like Dyer ,should have had his contract terminated .

If Potter could rid our club of him, I d do his laundry by hand for a season.

Baston looking for another club? Why? Get the fooker back here and let potter judge him

Anyway, with Jenkins still here ,we are going nowhere .
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 08:13 - Jul 6 with 1696 viewsMrSwerve

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 08:02 - Jul 6 by TheResurrection

I'm not in charge of transfers but watching Chadli the other night it makes you think what may have been had we pushed the boat out for him. Although he was injured most of the season.

I'm also not to blame for Clement.

But I did write a few posts claiming we'd see a better brand of football than the long ball, set piece. One trick pony and wardrobe shit we saw from the season before.

For the reasons stated in the first 2 paragraphs that didn't happen.

All my fault though 😂😂

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 08:14 - Jul 6 with 1692 viewsTheResurrection

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 07:29 - Jul 6 by Jango

If you’re not optimistic going into a new season with a new coach then what’s the point. We have a great chance of going back up and I can’t wait

It's been a difficult couple of months dealing with relegation but you're bang on, of course, as always.

I'm hoping most of the tvvats on this thread find something else to take their miserable lives out on and leave the ones that want to get behind the Swans to get on with it.

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 08:30 - Jul 6 with 1677 viewsbyron

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 08:05 - Jul 6 by TheResurrection

Yes, that was all my thinking.

This league isn't full of quality, it's full of hoof and bluster and an endurance test.

We can cope with all it has.

We just need a new set of fans as the ones that post on here are worthless.

Clueless about the championship aswell.......🤡

Benny

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 08:54 - Jul 6 with 1645 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Box office

That team could well take us down!!!

Good job you're not a Manager
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 09:02 - Jul 6 with 1636 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 08:30 - Jul 6 by byron

Clueless about the championship aswell.......🤡

The Championship is a very tough league, most of us realise we need a team ready to battle and fight our way up, not players that aren't up for a fight and are used to losing week in week out.

Potter needs to keep only the mentally strongest players and bring in some new blood, we need a total transformation on the playing aswell as Management side!!!
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 09:22 - Jul 6 with 1592 viewsomarjack

Guys..now The Res has been talking bollocks since anyone of us can recall. And he's made some horrendous judgement calls that any person who knows anything about football wouldn't have made. Some ridiculous, deluded, over-optimistic tw@tery that saw us in the garbage bin the club is in right now.

But truth must be told..he's talking some sense here..Our squad is made by quality Championship players..

Clucas,Fer,Olsson were some of the best championship players with terrific stats that earned them moves to the Prem..And I dare to say Fer is PL quality. Olsson is the kind of player you'd see in a World Cup 16th round lol.
Clucas was one of the main reasons why Hull got promoted in the first place 3 years back. His goal and assist record playing as LWB and CMF is really good.

VDH and Fernandez are PL quality and mostly fit. Would be definitely in the top 3 best CB duos in the league.

Dyer always shows glimpses of being capable to do some damage at a lower level. A good back up option.
I could say the same about Narsingh if he stays. I expect good things.

Nordfeldt is an ok keeper. Could do a job for us for sure.

McBurnie proved himself at this level. +15 goals striker per season for sure.
Roberts is another youngster that can develop really well. He's handled his PL experience well and can only look better in the championship.

But we obviously still need creativity in midfield and out wide..with a decent AMF and a winger or two..extra depth with perhaps new cheap,hungry CF and a back up CB and we're good to go.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Login to get fewer ads

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 09:25 - Jul 6 with 1594 viewsjasper_T

"Clucas,Fer,Olsson were some of the best championship players with terrific stats that earned them moves to the Prem"

Not sure about this bit at all.
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 09:31 - Jul 6 with 1585 viewsSgorioFruit

if we start next season with Naughton then we are seriously looking at falling down another division.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 09:51 - Jul 6 with 1565 viewsDrizzy

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 09:25 - Jul 6 by jasper_T

"Clucas,Fer,Olsson were some of the best championship players with terrific stats that earned them moves to the Prem"

Yep that's just a total lie.

Classic Res thread of no substance. Essentially just a squad list with some token banalities.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 09:59 - Jul 6 with 1549 viewsomarjack

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 09:25 - Jul 6 by jasper_T

It's true. Especially the bit about Fer.

He's not great or anything. I'm not deluded. But he's great for the championship. Just hope his current injury doesn't become reoccurring.

Clucas scored 6 goals and created 8 assists with Hull when they got promoted in season 2015/2016 from a LM,CMF position. That's just a fact. not excellent but good stats.

Olsson is solid defensively. He created 6 assists playing as LB. decent stats.

Fer has been good wherever he goes. His PL record is strangely way better than his short spell in the championship before he moved to Swansea in January. if he can cut it in the PL he'll do really good in the championship.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 9:59]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 10:19 - Jul 6 with 1535 viewsKGriz16

About time, a great thread. We're not as doomed as people like to think, nor do we want that negativity going into a season. Potters got a plan and I trust it going forward. A core group of players who'll strive in this league. Potter will give the players the confidence and the game plan going forward. I can't wait to get back into it this season. Onwards and upwards. Can't wait for all the negative posters to shut up come November when we're flying.
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 10:43 - Jul 6 with 1496 viewsjasper_T

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 09:59 - Jul 6 by omarjack

It's true. Especially the bit about Fer.

He's not great or anything. I'm not deluded. But he's great for the championship. Just hope his current injury doesn't become reoccurring.

Clucas scored 6 goals and created 8 assists with Hull when they got promoted in season 2015/2016 from a LM,CMF position. That's just a fact. not excellent but good stats.

Olsson is solid defensively. He created 6 assists playing as LB. decent stats.

Fer has been good wherever he goes. His PL record is strangely way better than his short spell in the championship before he moved to Swansea in January. if he can cut it in the PL he'll do really good in the championship.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 9:59]

Fer was a disinterested Championship player during both his short stints. The best form we've had out of him was during his loan when he was desperate not to go back there. If he wants to play he'll be an asset but history suggests he won't tear up trees on a consistent basis, even without injury issues.

All three got moves based on their reputation as Premier League players, not stats in the Championship (which you now say are just "good" instead of "terrific", which I would agree with).
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 10:58 - Jul 6 with 1473 viewsjasper_T

Nordfeldt (Mulder, Benda)

Roberts (Naughton, Lewis)
vdH (Bartley, Rodon)
Fede (Mawson, Amat, Harries)
Olsson (Jordi)

Fulton (Blair)
Fer (Byers, Maric)
Carroll (Clucas, Grimes)

Narsingh (Dyer)
Ayew (Routledge, James, Jeff pending work permit)
McBurnie (Ayew, Bony)

There's a lot of room to lose players (realistically we would need to sell at least two CBs even if they all wanted to stay). Could do with new midfielder to replace Ki as we're lacking quality in the middle of the park but otherwise Potter should be pretty happy with what he's got to work with.
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 11:08 - Jul 6 with 1458 viewsWarwickHunt

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 09:31 - Jul 6 by SgorioFruit

if we start next season with Naughton then we are seriously looking at falling down another division.

He wants Premiership football, mun. Top six, nailed on.
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 11:48 - Jul 6 with 1423 viewsmoonie

One day, phil, noughts will be described as a great servant.

He s not remotely as good as any of your gardening staff .

I d actually pay Routledge to clean my drains if it meant he didn't play for us
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 11:52 - Jul 6 with 1414 viewsDarran

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 09:51 - Jul 6 by Drizzy

Yep that's just a total lie.

Classic Res thread of no substance. Essentially just a squad list with some token banalities.

Don’t be dull mun this is the next level. lol

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level by TheResurrection 1 Sep 2017 22:06
The Holy Grail of the "next level" is probably already upon us, or at least we're moving towards it, but most of you are too wrapped up in your own miserable preconceived prejudices, you won't open your eyes to realise it.

The Club still isn't perfect, but which one is? The Trust still need a genuine revamp and refresh to communicate effectively to both Board and fans. The friendly game ticket prices is an example of this. But the overall picture is one of a Club getting back on track and improving. Nothing too much to shout about in isolation as the only was was up after the disaster of the last 2 years or so.

But nevertheless we're getting our act together. Off the pitch and since January, on it.

Commercially we will see the benefits, we have professionals involved, true business people with contacts who will increase revenue. Better sponsorships and business partners to be tapped into. The profile of SCFC is on the rise, more professional media interaction, website, Twitter, Facebook, more games being streamed, all on the up.

The football aspect will now follow. The U-23's had a tremendously successful season and our Academy and training facilities are now state of the art. This will only help everything we are trying to achieve.

Anyone one of us that has supported this Club back in the day, when we stop and think about things, will struggle to believe it's all actually been a true story.

We are 7 years - SEVEN YEARS - in the EPL and it's time now to quit the childish quips about "the Yanks" ; "the sell-outs" etc. What we've achieved, led by the old Board and now the new is nothing short of a miracle, it's phenomenal!! I have spent enough time voicing an angry opinion about the goings on of all concerned, but all said and done, they've done us proud.

The football squad we will take into the Premier League from now is arguably the best since we've been here.

Goalkeeper - as solid as we could hope for and Fab is Swansea's no. 1 without a shadow of a doubt. The way we accumulate GK's should mean at least one of them will be good enough to step in if he's ever injured ;-)

Defence - Been a revelation under Clement as we now defend as a team with responsibility for this aspect on every player. Naughts comes in for ridiculous stick but for me he's completely dependable. Everyone loves to scapegoat and bully somebody. Naughts gets too much of this. Cover at full back would've been great but it didn't happen and he won't let us down - same as he didn't last season. Fede and Maws have now formed a strong partnership and have enjoyed playing alongside each other for some time and are growing very strong. I love Olsson, he's as competitive as they come, the sheer determination in everything he does is infectious. We've also got ball players right along the back and we can now adapt perfectly well to a 3-5-2 with Bartley and VdH able to step in when needed. Rangel is an able deputy and Clucas can cover the left. We are solid at the back.

Midfield - We will be very strong and competitive in midfield this season. The signing of Sanches is truly unbelievable and exciting and the options we now have in this area are plentiful - off the bench too. I'm sure Clement and the Board would've loved to add another wider player but we won't be held ransom and pay massively over the odds - that's not good business. Carroll has been outstanding since coming in, Clucas has fitted in with ease and technically just what we need, these 2 will keep the ball flowing freely and accurately all around the park, with Carroll more than adept at set pieces and corners. Fer, Ki and Mesa all have genuine claims of fighting for a first XI slot and Ayew can play deeper or wide to provide options. Leon's still about as are Routs, Narsingh and Dyer so we're not having to rely on the old guard like we did last season, and these boys will still have something to offer as the season goes on, I'm sure of that. Southampton have made Europe on squads similar to ours and we can genuinely aim to look a lot higher up the league than we could this time last season, as far as up as that remains to be seen, but why not.

Up front - Bony, Tammy and Ayew is our strongest front line since the EPL without a shadow of doubt. Bony, in my opinion, is the missing piece in the jigsaw, he has the exact qualities we've been crying out for and Llorente could simply not provide. I think the 3 can play together in a 4-3-3 with Bony in the middle and Tammy and Ayew either side. It won't be Tammy's preferred option, same as it isn't for Rashford, bit it's a genuine alternative option for us.

Options are good and options we now have in abundance.

Manager - Clement has been inch perfect since he's come in and all the options mentioned above, he makes them a reality. His coaching is second to none and the team is able to adapt to any of his demands. He'll also get us playing more football this season and our style of play will be unrecognisable from the sheer tedium of last year.

Next level? We're getting there if not arrived already, so let's see it for what it is, embrace the changes and enjoy what's going to be a bloody good season of football with some outstanding talent on show.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 11:56 - Jul 6 with 1408 viewsWarwickHunt

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 11:48 - Jul 6 by moonie

One day, phil, noughts will be described as a great servant.

He s not remotely as good as any of your gardening staff .

I d actually pay Routledge to clean my drains if it meant he didn't play for us

I hope that's not a euphemism, Richie.
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 11:59 - Jul 6 with 1402 viewsmoonie

I'm afraid not Phil.
I'm quoting that which has been posted previously . I thoughts the routs great servant was a wind up. It wasn't . Think Naighton was described as brave and committed too,but I might have misread that .
Res loves him though. Chris is a pussy cat really and doesn't like players getting ripped

Good hol?
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 12:21 - Jul 6 with 1374 viewsirishswan546

Don' know the res but in fairness to him he has done one thing I couldn't have imagined albiet it wasn't his intention, he has managed for one thread to unite most people , friends & foes to have the same view.
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 12:33 - Jul 6 with 1359 viewsWarwickHunt

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 11:59 - Jul 6 by moonie

I'm afraid not Phil.
I'm quoting that which has been posted previously . I thoughts the routs great servant was a wind up. It wasn't . Think Naighton was described as brave and committed too,but I might have misread that .
Res loves him though. Chris is a pussy cat really and doesn't like players getting ripped

Good hol?

Favolosa. E lei?
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 13:37 - Jul 6 with 1301 viewsThornburyswan

Trying hard to be balanced here but for me that squad is 20th - 14th material & more likely to get drawn into doing a Sunderland than doing a Newcastle - I'm actually ok with a consolidation season giving Potter & his team a year & in effect 3 windows to build for positive progress in the 2019/2020 season but we do need to be careful not to get further sucked into the downward spiral of "bottom 3/4, new manager, sell any decent player" - we've been there before!
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 13:38 - Jul 6 with 1300 viewsdobjack2

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 10:58 - Jul 6 by jasper_T

Nordfeldt (Mulder, Benda)

Roberts (Naughton, Lewis)
vdH (Bartley, Rodon)
Fede (Mawson, Amat, Harries)
Olsson (Jordi)

Fulton (Blair)
Fer (Byers, Maric)
Carroll (Clucas, Grimes)

Narsingh (Dyer)
Ayew (Routledge, James, Jeff pending work permit)
McBurnie (Ayew, Bony)

There's a lot of room to lose players (realistically we would need to sell at least two CBs even if they all wanted to stay). Could do with new midfielder to replace Ki as we're lacking quality in the middle of the park but otherwise Potter should be pretty happy with what he's got to work with.

Not expecting the ayew’s to hang around and defenders will go.

Midfield lacks real creativity, pace and “dog.”

Can see that squad being bullied by more physical sides especially in the middle of the park.
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 13:38 - Jul 6 with 1298 viewsjasper_T

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 13:37 - Jul 6 by Thornburyswan

Trying hard to be balanced here but for me that squad is 20th - 14th material & more likely to get drawn into doing a Sunderland than doing a Newcastle - I'm actually ok with a consolidation season giving Potter & his team a year & in effect 3 windows to build for positive progress in the 2019/2020 season but we do need to be careful not to get further sucked into the downward spiral of "bottom 3/4, new manager, sell any decent player" - we've been there before!

Have you seen the state of some of these Championship squads we're competing against?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024