Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UPDATE : Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one 23:11 - Jul 5 with 10946 viewsTheResurrection

Can't wait for the new season with our new look,

Nordvelt
(new keeper)

Defence

(new centre half)
McKenna (?)
VdH
Amat
Naughton
Olsson
Roberts
(Jordi Govea)

Midfield

Woods
Fer
Dyer
Routs
Carroll
Dhanda
Celina
McKay

Up front

Nmecha (?)
Asoro
Bony
McBurnie

With the inevitable loss of still a few more players but also spending that money wisely, we've got a massive chance of being a real strong contender in this league.

Time to get fully behind the Club, a big chance for us.

[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 0:23]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 14:11 - Jul 6 with 1734 viewsWitneyjack

I just hope our fickle fans , of which there are many, will give the new manager the time he needs to turn things around. I certainly agree with Mr T2C that now is the time to get behind the team and the manager.

If we don't and there are rumblings from the stands, our trigger happy owners will be giving the management team their P45s.

I'm excited to see what they can achieve.
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 15:35 - Jul 6 with 1661 viewsThornburyswan

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 13:38 - Jul 6 by jasper_T

Have you seen the state of some of these Championship squads we're competing against?

Not in detail but strongly suspect the top half from last season (minus Wolves, Cardiff & Fulham) plus WBA & Stoke are definitely ahead of us in terms of quality & depth - that's on the basis that we've already exited 8 + probably both Ayews, Mawson & Borja to follow = 12 & then Fer, Clucas & Bony all out at the season start so that's 15 first team squad exits + new m'mgt/coaching team with a plan for a new system.

Most of the bottom half are weaker but they certainly have more settled set-ups & the 3 who came up will be, at least initially, highly positive.

If we are above 15th after the first 10 matches Potter will have done ok.
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 15:41 - Jul 6 with 1651 viewsjasper_T

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 15:35 - Jul 6 by Thornburyswan

Not in detail but strongly suspect the top half from last season (minus Wolves, Cardiff & Fulham) plus WBA & Stoke are definitely ahead of us in terms of quality & depth - that's on the basis that we've already exited 8 + probably both Ayews, Mawson & Borja to follow = 12 & then Fer, Clucas & Bony all out at the season start so that's 15 first team squad exits + new m'mgt/coaching team with a plan for a new system.

Most of the bottom half are weaker but they certainly have more settled set-ups & the 3 who came up will be, at least initially, highly positive.

Brentford, Milwall, Preston
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 15:46 - Jul 6 with 1641 viewsThornburyswan

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 15:41 - Jul 6 by jasper_T

Brentford, Milwall, Preston

All 3 of those have broadly settled teams/set-ups, had decent seasons last year & would expect to finish in the top half this season.
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 15:57 - Jul 6 with 1614 viewspencoedjack

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 15:35 - Jul 6 by Thornburyswan

No need to panic we will have Tom Carroll bossing our midfield in the championship.

On a positive of those I expect to still be here next season

Fede
VDH
Olson
Clucas
Fer
Oli

Are top half championship or lower PL standard

Plus

Im hoping the some of the youngsters can step up & a few new signings

Unfortunately we are burdened with the likes of Dyer, Naughton & Routledge who drain away too big a salary from the club whilst offering very little.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2018 15:58]
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 16:10 - Jul 6 with 1589 viewsjasper_T

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 15:46 - Jul 6 by Thornburyswan

All 3 of those have broadly settled teams/set-ups, had decent seasons last year & would expect to finish in the top half this season.

Do you think they have more quality and depth than we do?
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 16:21 - Jul 6 with 1570 viewsThornburyswan

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 16:10 - Jul 6 by jasper_T

Do you think they have more quality and depth than we do?

No but they are settled & hardened to the Championship & we all know how easily football players confidence gets damaged if results/decisions start spinning against them
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 16:27 - Jul 6 with 1552 viewsmoonie

Considering the pitiful capitulation last season,just how the feck could we possibly be anything like a great championship side

Fook.. We still have Jenkins in charge of finances and players ,let's not kid ourselves

We can hope, we can post this uber positive crap on sites like this but we know the truth is far removed .
Login to get fewer ads

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 17:53 - Jul 6 with 1490 viewsBillyChong

No creative playmaker in that squad though which we will desperately lack again if not sorted. When we supposedly can’t afford half a million for a Yeovil player it’s worryinh.
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 18:05 - Jul 6 with 1481 viewsmagicdaps10

All we need is Res coming on here spouting his visionary outlook on the new season.........that has just set us up for a season of struggle.

There is being optimistic, then there is just being thick as fook.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 18:14 - Jul 6 with 1473 viewsmoonie

Sorry,did that read Tom Carroll "bossing"

Fair play
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 18:19 - Jul 6 with 1462 viewsWarwickHunt

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 18:14 - Jul 6 by moonie

Sorry,did that read Tom Carroll "bossing"

Fair play

Irony, mun. Innit.
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 19:13 - Jul 6 with 1414 viewsGlyn1

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 09:31 - Jul 6 by SgorioFruit

if we start next season with Naughton then we are seriously looking at falling down another division.

Naughton was one of the few players who did well for us last season. Please lay off him and give him a chance this season

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 19:15 - Jul 6 with 1411 viewsthornabyswan

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 18:05 - Jul 6 by magicdaps10

All we need is Res coming on here spouting his visionary outlook on the new season.........that has just set us up for a season of struggle.

There is being optimistic, then there is just being thick as fook.

Prefer optimism to the pitiful pessism that has swamped this site since relegation and before.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 19:24 - Jul 6 with 1400 viewsjasper_T

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 19:13 - Jul 6 by Glyn1

Naughton was one of the few players who did well for us last season. Please lay off him and give him a chance this season

"Did well" is an exaggeration but he wasn't one of the main offenders.
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 19:49 - Jul 6 with 1368 viewsmagicdaps10

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 19:15 - Jul 6 by thornabyswan

Prefer optimism to the pitiful pessism that has swamped this site since relegation and before.

There is hope, there always is but optimism is a long way off........reality tells you that.

The pessimism that you talk of, that was the doing of the sell outs and their ignorance to the football club.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 19:53 - Jul 6 with 1362 viewspencoedjack

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 19:13 - Jul 6 by Glyn1

Kyle Naughton is shite

End of
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 20:16 - Jul 6 with 1337 viewsRevJames

"Spending money wisely....."

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 20:17 - Jul 6 with 1335 viewsCroftyjack

Well if that's pretty much the squad we go with we will be in trouble.
I am understand where you coming from in the way the likes of Bartley and mcburnie have done well but the reasons we got relegated last season will still be there...no creativity whatsoever.
The championship isn't as strong but I don't believe the players you name will be anymore creative in this league
Solve the creative issue with 3/4 and we may have a great season.
Oh yes the firepower will be depleted too with the ayews,bony and baston likely leaving.
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 20:56 - Jul 6 with 1310 viewsmoonie

Thorn

Look,this site is meaningless .it has no effect on the team.optimistic,pessimistic. Just words
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 20:58 - Jul 6 with 1310 viewsgiantstoneater

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 08:02 - Jul 6 by TheResurrection

I'm not in charge of transfers but watching Chadli the other night it makes you think what may have been had we pushed the boat out for him. Although he was injured most of the season.

I'm also not to blame for Clement.

But I did write a few posts claiming we'd see a better brand of football than the long ball, set piece. One trick pony and wardrobe shit we saw from the season before.

For the reasons stated in the first 2 paragraphs that didn't happen.

All my fault though 😂😂

No blame attached to you Res but a removal of your Siggy and Llorente blinkers would be nice. I do call in question your ability to call it and saying there would be a return to a better brand fell well short so you can hardly blame me if I don't buy into your vision of a "Great Championship side already or the strong nucleus of one" of the the squad Nordfeldt has hardly played any first team football for almost 3 years, in defence there are question marks over Naughton (wants out) Fede (board want him out) Amat (wants to stay in Spain) Olsson (getting old) Roberts and Govea (both young and Jordi untested), Midfield Fer (still injured and was poor in the championship for Qpr) Clucas (still injured)Dyer (can't beat a man) Routledge (should be glue) and Caroll (interest from Celtic?) Bony (wants out/crocked) Olly (one year left/wants out?/failure to get him to sign a new deal) So a lot of them want out or their Swansea futures are in doubt and with a reluctance not to sign unless we move on it doesn't seem like a good squad or a nucleus to me. Clement was to blame for his own downfall.
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 22:33 - Jul 6 with 1243 viewsCooperman

FFFF.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 12:40 - Jul 7 with 1137 viewsjasper_T

Jack Evans has signed a year extension so he's ahead of Ryan Blair in the holding midfielder list.

Was excellent through the back end of last season for the u23s.
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 12:44 - Jul 7 with 1134 viewsdobjack2

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 08:02 - Jul 6 by TheResurrection

I'm not in charge of transfers but watching Chadli the other night it makes you think what may have been had we pushed the boat out for him. Although he was injured most of the season.

I'm also not to blame for Clement.

But I did write a few posts claiming we'd see a better brand of football than the long ball, set piece. One trick pony and wardrobe shit we saw from the season before.

For the reasons stated in the first 2 paragraphs that didn't happen.

All my fault though 😂😂

I was optimistic that we would play football again with Mesa being an indication that might be the case, but was concerned about our recruitment team.

Once the window had closed it seemed likely that we were relying on 2 youngsters coming good and that we had signed the Bony that had left us.

This season Potter is a positive but i’ll Wait until the window closes to see what our squad is before getting optimistic.
Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 13:09 - Jul 7 with 1099 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Great Championship side already, or the strong nucleus of one on 12:44 - Jul 7 by dobjack2

I was optimistic that we would play football again with Mesa being an indication that might be the case, but was concerned about our recruitment team.

Once the window had closed it seemed likely that we were relying on 2 youngsters coming good and that we had signed the Bony that had left us.

This season Potter is a positive but i’ll Wait until the window closes to see what our squad is before getting optimistic.

We will all be behind the team and Graham Potter from the off. Some on here confuse loyalty to Jenkins and co as disloyalty to the club which is nonsensical.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024